- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/28 to 10/4)

target weekly ad super smash bros disney infinity forza horizon 2 shadow of mordor wii u hyrule warriors gift card

#241 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:04 AM

so I preorder the evil within spontaneously at the store and didn't know about a free 10 dollar gift card.....will best buy match this in store with relative ease if I got back in with my receipt to get it?

If you put $5 down just purchase the game outright now using the pre-order receipt & get a refund for the pre-order. Otherwise return/rebuy.

#242 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

Do I get SSB today? I'm sitting at 33 bucks on a giftcard at Target and I don't know if I should. I liked the demo but at the same time if I get it on 3DS two months from now when it comes out on the Wii U the person inside of me will say why bother if you already have it on 3DS. Any 0.00-39.99 games to get? 

#243 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2372 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

Do I get SSB today? I'm sitting at 33 bucks on a giftcard at Target and I don't know if I should. I liked the demo but at the same time if I get it on 3DS two months from now when it comes out on the Wii U the person inside of me will say why bother if you already have it on 3DS. Any 0.00-39.99 games to get?

What? The person inside you needs to shut up every once in a while. There are worse things to waste your money on. A quality video game is never a bad purchase, even at full retail. Obviously you are on a video game site. So, video games interest you. Get the game on both platforms and enjoy them. If you like, you can trade in one or the other later on for maximum value.

#244 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Let's hope Kmart gets Smash today, my points are ready.

#245 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

If you put $5 down just purchase the game outright now using the pre-order receipt & get a refund for the pre-order. Otherwise return/rebuy.

unless im mistaken I think when you buy preorders full price before release it doesn't show the GCU discount?

guess ill be returning and rebuying then

#246 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

What? The person inside you needs to shut up every once in a while. There are worse things to waste your money on. A quality video game is never a bad purchase, even at full retail. Obviously you are on a video game site. So, video games interest you. Get the game on both platforms and enjoy them. If you like, you can trade in one or the other later on for maximum value.

this....though I admit the person inside is loud and I sometimes foolishly listen. though I wouldn't say its NEVER a bad purchase....im sure this site is full of people in debt which is never good. that said I agree.....tell the person inside to stfu and as long as your bills are paid, you are saving money and have the spare cash to spend....go and enjoy it.

#247 solidus88   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

solidus88

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Does anyone know if the Smash deal also applies to manhattan kmarts?  I don't see the offer in the weekly ad for the 34th street Kmart but do see it if i switch to another kmart in New Jersey.

Anyone been to the penn station kmart yet?  Wondering if they even have it.

#248 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Anyone had luck getting Smash at Kmart yet? Haven't been able to go quite yet.

#249 justoneuncle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

justoneuncle

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

I just returned from Kmart and picked up two copies. The $15 bonus (well, $30 for two copies) did not load onto my card. The lady at customer service said the points did not load on for an earlier customer either. The store manager was able to load $25 in points from his office and gave me the other $5 in cash. Make sure you check your receipts when you buy.

#250 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:33 PM

unless im mistaken I think when you buy preorders full price before release it doesn't show the GCU discount?

guess ill be returning and rebuying then

In-store pre-orders reflect GCU upon p/u, BB.com on the spot. I never pay more than the $5 for in-store pre-orders there`s no reason for me to lock up so much money early. Plus it makes things simple when BB adds stuff or messes stuff up I don`t have to worry about getting the full amount back to purchase the game in another way.

#251 Tygamr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   266 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

Dammit. I was gonna go get Smash Bros. at Kmart, but apparently the closest one closed a couple of weeks ago. The nearest one is an hour away so it looks like I'm not getting Smash Bros. from them, as I can't find it listed online at all.

Ughhh like all the Kmarts in Washington are really far north or south of Seattle. You'd think the stores closer to the biggest city in the state would remain open. Then again, they have way more competition there too...

Might just jump on the Target Shadow of Mordor deal for the $10 gift card, and use that on Smash Bros. while pretending I don't care about the $35 of savings points I can't have....

Nobody would match this deal either I'm assuming?

#252 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

In-store pre-orders reflect GCU upon p/u, BB.com on the spot. I never pay more than the $5 for in-store pre-orders there`s no reason for me to lock up so much money early. Plus it makes things simple when BB adds stuff or messes stuff up I don`t have to worry about getting the full amount back to purchase the game in another way.

thanks. that's what I thought

#253 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:01 PM

Any CAG BB employees have insider info on possible promo coupons related to the Disney Infinity Marvel SH 2.0 tech demos this weekend? Have 0 interest in the game but sometimes the coupons apply to other items, games, accessories. There`s alot of others who want the game so they`d appreciate the heads up too.

http://www.forums.be...-on/ba-p/855683

#254 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

It doesn't say anything about them giving out any kind of coupons. Just a demo.

#255 SuperMario64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   860 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

SuperMario64

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

My local Kmart had no Smash Bros. there unfortunately. It's not really surprising actually since they almost never have games on release day. What a truly awful place.

#256 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

Sometimes only stores doing the demos get these types of promo books, some stores accidently put them out prior to sales others completely blow it altogether. Since the events are tomorrow if there`s any store reps should see them.
http://www.cheapassg...-any-wiiu-game/

#257 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

so I went to get the 10 dollar gift card for evil within. argued with the guy for a few minutes but he absolutely insisted they could not price match their website on this because he did not know how to give me a 10 dollar gift card and because it was an online promotion. I then cancelled which is just as well my wallet nor backlog really needed the game. that was 5 minutes of stupidity but nonetheless best buy would top themselves in a few minutes when I went to pick up the smash bros 3ds pre order

my cashier was some new girl who was clueless. after the other busy cashier helped her figure out how to scan my ticket for the preorder they went and got the game. the person helping her then  went back to her register but when new girl  tried to enter my phone number she couldn't. she then got her helper to show her how and then my GCU wouldn't unlock. the helper then took me to another register so new girl could ring up other customers

the person helping me now called over manager but he was clueless. he then called over the gaming \manager who solved the problem. apparently between now and the Destiny launch best buy was kind enough to make me yet a third account....so my smash bros preorder was under this new account which lacked GCU, I also suspect it is now my default account.

all in all......way to win best buy.....best buy the only place where a 5 second pre order pick up can last 40 minutes.

#258 frc2318  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

*sigh*, just went to 2 Target and neither of them will let me PM best buy's price and get the gift card for the wii u bundle.........

#259 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:50 AM

1 out of the 5 Kmarts had Smash, didn't get the $15 in points either. That store is terrible so I'll just call them about it.

#260 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

Multiple Kmarts around me and no copies of Smash Bros. for 3DS. Seriously, why even advertise this, along with a promotion for it in your ad if you're not going to carry the damn item? Ugh...

#261 kk012   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   917 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:03 AM

1 out of the 5 Kmarts had Smash, didn't get the $15 in points either. That store is terrible so I'll just call them about it.

Kmarts are rare in my area.  I went to 1 Kmart that actually had Smash in the glass case.  No one working in electronics department.  After waiting for awhile and asking 3 employees to get someone to help me, I was finally able to buy Smash.  Unfortunately, there isn't an extra 15K points for this purchase.  I'm gonna e-mail customer service about this.  Shopping at Kmart is such a huge hassle.  It is just painful.

#262 paulgarcia  

paulgarcia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:23 AM

*sigh*, just went to 2 Target and neither of them will let me PM best buy's price and get the gift card for the wii u bundle.........

Try again when another shift comes in. That happened to me but i went back later and was able to get in on the deal.

#263 TBoner101  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

so I went to get the 10 dollar gift card for evil within. argued with the guy for a few minutes but he absolutely insisted they could not price match their website on this because he did not know how to give me a 10 dollar gift card and because it was an online promotion. I then cancelled which is just as well my wallet nor backlog really needed the game. that was 5 minutes of stupidity but nonetheless best buy would top themselves in a few minutes when I went to pick up the smash bros 3ds pre order

my cashier was some new girl who was clueless. after the other busy cashier helped her figure out how to scan my ticket for the preorder they went and got the game. the person helping her then  went back to her register but when new girl  tried to enter my phone number she couldn't. she then got her helper to show her how and then my GCU wouldn't unlock. the helper then took me to another register so new girl could ring up other customers

the person helping me now called over manager but he was clueless. he then called over the gaming \manager who solved the problem. apparently between now and the Destiny launch best buy was kind enough to make me yet a third account....so my smash bros preorder was under this new account which lacked GCU, I also suspect it is now my default account.

all in all......way to win best buy.....best buy the only place where a 5 second pre order pick up can last 40 minutes.

sounds about right for worst buy. a typical visit usually consists of a 30+ minute transaction so im only surprised when its less than that. they botched a purchase l made last night but didn't notice till after I left the store which was at 9:30pm so couldn't get back in, meaning i have to go back there again to return a $40 copy of BO2. *sigh*

#264 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

Does anyone know if the Smash deal also applies to manhattan kmarts?  I don't see the offer in the weekly ad for the 34th street Kmart but do see it if i switch to another kmart in New Jersey.

Anyone been to the penn station kmart yet?  Wondering if they even have it.

Manhattan Kmart does not honor the ad, other select stores don't either.

Also got smash which was not out on the floor. They found them in the stock room along with SoM. I also did not get the $15 in points so will need an adjustment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: target, weekly ad, super smash bros, disney infinity, forza horizon 2, shadow of mordor, wii u, hyrule warriors, gift card