* * * * - 36 votes

XBL Deals - 2014 - 3/2015

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand Xbox One Xbox 360 Deals with Gold Games with Gold

#7591 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8138 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:47 AM

According to Major Nelson the XB1 sales today are Child of Light and, uh, Dragon Age Inquisition (again).

360 is Child of Light only.

It's on sale on x1 too. And this has been posted already. : p

#7592 VaultBoy101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

VaultBoy101

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

It's on sale on x1 too. And this has been posted already. : p

I know, that's why I listed it for both XB1 and 360.

And there was still speculation in the thread about other stuff that could potentially go on sale tonight, hence my posting of this official announcement.

#7593 mossyness  

mossyness

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:08 AM

Why would anyone that's never owned a flat panel TV not expect good speakers? If the screen is good I'd expect the sound to be good too, otherwise why have built in speakers at all. No idea what a sound bar is, but I'm betting a surround setup is not in the cards. It's going to be a case of buy/return till the right one is found.

Get ready to do a lot of buy/returning then. My old 19" tv I found in the trash sounds far better than my newish 50" flat screen.

#7594 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:13 AM

Why would anyone that's never owned a flat panel TV not expect good speakers? If the screen is good I'd expect the sound to be good too, otherwise why have built in speakers at all. No idea what a sound bar is, but I'm betting a surround setup is not in the cards. It's going to be a case of buy/return till the right one is found.

You're not going to find a TV with great sound if you're on a budget. You're also better off keeping that one and getting a soundbar.

644690.png

https://www.gofundme.com/newhomeforpam - even social media shares help!

#7595 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2487 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:22 AM

Still waiting for multiple DLCs to be on sale...probably won't happen...

AntaraelDulacre.png

#7596 praxus07  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:23 AM

Looking at the BB website sound bars start around $70, that's way too much to add onto the price of the TV. If he had that much extra to spend he'd be better off adding that onto a better TV.

This makes me pray my old tube set never ups and dies. All I've learned about these new sets in past week says they may look good but are garbage compared to the old obsolete sets.
2240.png

#7597 KingofOldSchool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

KingofOldSchool

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

Is it too unreasonable to want WWE 2K15 Showcase pass for the Xbox One to go on sale this week?  First year since the WWE games started doing the season pass stuff that I did not buy on day one, so I want to be rewarded for waiting, dammit!

Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#7598 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

This makes me pray my old tube set never ups and dies. All I've learned about these new sets in past week says they may look good but are garbage compared to the old obsolete sets.

Once you go HD you never go back

StudentofTruth.png

#7599 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

Child of Light on Xbox One definitely interests me but looking at all of the games of Christmas past on my 360 gives me pause.

Cancerman1120.png

#7600 praxus07  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:49 AM

Once you go HD you never go back

I have HD, my tube set is one of the last HDTV tube sets made. Bought it I think in 2006. Has everything except HDMI slots. My 360/ps3 are hooked up via composite cables. These new TV's though, they're def not made for me. Once my friend finds the right TV I'll be taking his old one and storing it in case mine ever breaks down.
2240.png

#7601 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13522 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

I have HD, my tube set is one of the last HDTV tube sets made. Bought it I think in 2006. Has everything except HDMI slots. My 360/ps3 are hooked up via composite cables. These new TV's though, they're def not made for me. Once my friend finds the right TV I'll be taking his old one and storing it in case mine ever breaks down.

Late this past summer I found a 46" Samsung flat screen at Target that was clearanced out.  The sound on it is fine.

If you buy junk, you're going to get junk though.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#7602 PsiScream   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:11 AM

Another option might be to search Craigslist etc for an old tube TV.  I know what you're saying about the sound; many people though, are happy to get that 4-6 sq ft of living room back, and will sometimes give away old tube TVs to those willing to haul them away.

#7603 Tenchi_Ryu  

Tenchi_Ryu

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:35 AM

So Child of Light is tommorow's deal too? Cause normally we start getting leaks by now.

524978.png

#7604 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5481 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:42 AM

Should I buy Fable III if I haven't played Fable II? Is it a story that continues from one game to the next like Mass Effect? I'm considering that and Kinect Sports. Damn these games on demand and their free DLC.

#7605 TuckinPhypo   音楽人 CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

TuckinPhypo

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Another option might be to search Craigslist etc for an old tube TV.  I know what you're saying about the sound; many people though, are happy to get that 4-6 sq ft of living room back, and will sometimes give away old tube TVs to those willing to haul them away.

I have 37" and 32" tube TVs and a 52" projection TV that I'm trying to figure out what to do with right now after replacing all of them with 50" flat screens.  Goodwill won't take them, it's illegal to put them out to be picked up as trash, and offering them free on Craigslist gets zero responses.

I got Diablo and Trials...  I want to get GTAV, but can't justify paying $50 for a game I already own on 360.

#7606 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10673 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:58 AM

Stealth move of the day. Killer Instinct Classic just got added online multiplayer http://www.xboxachie...ultiplayer.html

rsz_11351009_1606865476227093_1240183299764128.pngrsz_1download.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Gears 4, Madden 17, & NBA 2K17   :ps4: TR RotTR   :wiiu: TBD   :360: TBD    :ps3: TBD   :vita: TBD

#7607 mebegod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:02 AM

I have 37" and 32" tube TVs and a 52" projection TV that I'm trying to figure out what to do with right now after replacing all of them with 50" flat screens. Goodwill won't take them, it's illegal to put them out to be picked up as trash, and offering them free on Craigslist gets zero responses.

Best buy will take them

mebeplaid.png

mebegod.png

#7608 Hummer77x   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Hummer77x

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

Should I buy Fable III if I haven't played Fable II? Is it a story that continues from one game to the next like Mass Effect? I'm considering that and Kinect Sports. Damn these games on demand and their free DLC.

I don't think it directly follows, like I don't think anything you did "carries over" or anything like that. You should probably play Fable 2 anyway, because its way better, but I don't think you'll be too totally lost or anything if you go right into 3.

#7609 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36689 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

I feel like Praxus might actually be the best troll ever and bone of us realize it.

Traded off DAI and Diablo UEE today and bought them with digital funny money instead. Diablo was the last remaining BF game I bought this year and they've now all been traded back in under a month. Only Alien and Fantasia got even a brief play to see if I would want to buy them again at some point.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#7610 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4419 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:36 AM

So Child of Light is tommorow's deal too? Cause normally we start getting leaks by now.

Not "too", it is tomorrow's (12/24) deal.  Around 9-10am Eastern each morning, the daily 360 deal for the *following* day goes live.  Then around 7pm Eastern, the XB1 deal for the following day goes live.

#7611 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:41 AM

Stealth move of the day. Killer Instinct Classic just got added online multiplayer http://www.xboxachie...ultiplayer.html

Nice! I'm gonna play some tomorrow!!

Also Omega Mode is the best thing  to ever happen to Street Fighter IV. It's sooooo good, I'm never touching OG SFIV ever again. That Gen Infinite is bullshit though.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

Stop wasting your money on videogames and sign up at prizerebel! Just do some simple and short surveys and in a couple of weeks time, you'll have enough credit to buy a $60 release! Or PSN/Xbox credit. Why pay money to fund your hoarding addiction when you can do it for freeeee!!!

#7612 2nahelper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

2nahelper

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:46 AM

Ticket to Ride. Published by Microsoft Game Studios and never saw a sale in six and a half years.

I would be SO HAPPY if this went on sale! I've wanted it for years and have refused to pay full price. It's that CAG stubbornness I suppose. I'm also hoping for season pass sales on Bioshock Infinite, WWE '13 and WWE 2K14. Picked the last 2 up right after their last sales.

#7613 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

Lets all guess what tomorrow's daily will be on X1. I say it will be Watch Dogs

Now Playing:  :3ds: Shovel Knight, Zelda: ALBW, Kirby Triple Deluxe    :ps3: RE5 Gold, Mafia II, Bayonetta, RE4   :ps4: GTA V 

:xb1: Watch_Dogs, Evil Within, Sleeping Dogs, Dead Rising 3, Shadow Warrior, Far Cry 4, Alien, Halo MCC  

:wiiu: Shovel Knight NG+, RE Revelations, Darksiders II, Batman Arkham Origins, Shantae & The Pirate's Curse, Captain Toad, Bayo 2, Ducktales Remastered

solidSNAKE231989.png

768817.png

#7614 Donken   Auditor CAGiversary!   3021 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:08 AM

Lococycle for 15% off.

#7615 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10673 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

Angry Birds Star Wars for 25% off on XB1 and NBA 2K sale on 360

rsz_11351009_1606865476227093_1240183299764128.pngrsz_1download.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Gears 4, Madden 17, & NBA 2K17   :ps4: TR RotTR   :wiiu: TBD   :360: TBD    :ps3: TBD   :vita: TBD

#7616 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

Update, not that anyone cares lol, on my friends new TV purchase. Decided on the bestbuy 32" 1080p Insignia, $190 including tax. Bought it yesterday, returning it tomorrow. The picture is terrific on it, but the sound is horrible. We spent two hours last night trying different settings with the sound and could not get it to sound as good as his old tube set. Sounded like speakers you find at the dollar store...

Good Lord, an Insignia?!?!?! Return that shit stat man. Two hd tvs and a combo dvd/vhs player of that brand have been nothing but problems in my experience or those who have an Insignia that I know. They're utter crap. Give it time and something will break/go bad on it.

This is how speakers are nowadays on HD tv sets as other said. This is the norm. Like how Prius cars used to be $10,000 dollars at 50 mpg and then people bought them in droves and Toyota was like "well, if they're lining up to buy these, let's charge more." And more and more they upped the price to like $25,000 minimum now. HD tvs had good speakers for a short time frame and then they started making the speakers sound like crud cause they knew consumers would buy soundbars/surround systems because they're 10000x better.

I LOLed when someone jokingly suggested you're a troll. You must not live in CA right?? I kid, I kid. Keep it real Prax.....speaking of, where is one of Chrono's 20 paragraph/awesomely linked posts? :cry:

Dustinator.png

Dustinator.png

#7617 praxus07  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

California? No, other side of the country. Economically depressed Scranton, Pa.

I can't see buying a surround system for a living room that's the size of a standard bedroom, even if he, living on a small fixed income, could afford one. My friends apt is tiny. The living room would literally fit inside my own average normal sized bedroom. I'm not even sure what exactly a sound bar is, just that on a budget the ones at BB are way too expensive.
2240.png

#7618 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4419 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

What do we all want that they never put on sale?

Half-Minute Hero

Deathsmiles IIX - It's even got a Christmas theme.  I already bought it, but I know there are people here would be snap it up, have a heart attack or both.

Deathsmiles to complete the set.

BioShock Infinite's pass has only had a 15% off markdown once and Gears Judgment has had 25% off twice. Those discounts don't really count.

#7619 KingofOldSchool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5092 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

KingofOldSchool

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:46 AM

What do we all want that they never put on sale?

Tropico 4 DLC

Port Royale 3 DLC

All of the Sega Vintage Collection games

WWE All Stars DLC

Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#7620 Evil Hayato   SHOOOOSH! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Evil Hayato

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:46 AM

Nice! I'm gonna play some tomorrow!!

Also Omega Mode is the best thing  to ever happen to Street Fighter IV. It's sooooo good, I'm never touching OG SFIV ever again. That Gen Infinite is bullshit though.

Omega mode really made SFIV fresh again. Its like relearning all the characters and tactics are way different. Infinites were bound to happen in Omega mode, its made to be unbalanced and just ridiculous fun. It will never be patched either. 

742336.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox Live, XBLA, Games on Demand, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold