* * * * * 1 votes

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Steelbook $24.99 @ Best Buy

Captain America The Winter Soldier Marvel Best Buy

#31 Unholy_Headbanger   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1773 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Unholy_Headbanger

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

I
I'll have to find a TV series worth getting for the combo deal. It worked nice when i got Spidey 2 and Season 1 of Arrow for $25 after a $5 cert.
Im almost guaranteed a steelbook for Capt...since im putting out all the new releases in my store that morning...

#32 Unholy_Headbanger   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1773 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Unholy_Headbanger

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:58 AM

Anyone worried that Best Buy will allow the steelbooks to be sold Monday night during the Destiny midnight release?

They probably will. Last midnight release at my store for GTA V we had a bunch of other stuff that came out that day as well up by the products i believe.

#33 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

x Post with the Target thread of CA:WS but still - here is my experience with trying online ordering:

I just tried to order it on the website and it came up as "null" and wouldnt show 1/2 the time and wouldnt add to the cart.  Then I ordered for in-store pickup on the mobile app, and that worked. This was at BB, by the way.

thanks again for posting this, I was able to get an order in for store pickup this way.  I have a copy coming shipped as well so hopefully both dont have damage, but we'll see..

#34 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1678 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:38 AM

My plan was simple grab an ad on Tuesday from Target go to Best Buy when it opens grab a steelbook and have customer service price match it but this site made me so scared that I pre-ordered it just to make sure

#35 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Ftom my experience with Thor, preordering this online and not not bothering with instore pickup. The scalpers will be all over this again. Last time was sick.

#36 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

It's sad how someone could be selfish to the point that he couldn't even give you one of the books, you acually wanted one to collect, not flip smh

No kidding. I look on eBay and people are still trying to hock off new SBs of Thor 2 for as little as $40. From my experiences with Marvel SB's, they are only treated as rarities when the people who truly want them lose out on getting them cause a select few work to make them rarities.

#37 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Collecting is such a noble act.

#38 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

I have a feeling with people trying to grab all these off the shelves at 10:00 am plus other people trying to get in on the $10 with a TV season purchase deal after placing in-store pick ups my Best Buy is going to be a mad house on Tuesday. Also I am sure there will be a few people PMing the Target prices. Plus that not counting the people who will be there for Destiny and NHL 15.

EDIT: Nevermind I doubt there will be any left at 10:00 am since my store is doing a midnight Destiny launch. I just hope they pull all the pre-orders for the Cap 2 steelbook before than and not put them out on the shelves like they did for the Thor 2 SB.

#39 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

I have a feeling with people trying to grab all these off the shelves at 10:00 am plus other people trying to get in on the $10 with a TV season purchase deal after placing in-store pick ups my Best Buy is going to be a mad house on Tuesday. Also I am sure there will be a few people PMing the Target prices. Plus that not counting the people who will be there for Destiny and NHL 15.

Much as I like the Steelbook, I would rather get the regular 3D cut for $20 if I can help it...still debating between with either 100 RZ points or the choice of 3D for the $20 price...

#40 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

From when the eventual guardians of the galaxy steelbook release and onward they should limit them to one per customer. It sucks that my fellow cag's miss out on these due to people trying to make a extra 20$ or so on a stupid steelbook smh. Can't wait to st through agents of shield for the first time when I get it with captain America btw !! Anyone here sit through Season one ? How was it in your opinion ?

#41 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

From when the eventual guardians of the galaxy steelbook release and onward they should limit them to one per customer. It sucks that my fellow cag's miss out on these due to people trying to make a extra 20$ or so on a stupid steelbook smh. Can't wait to st through agents of shield for the first time when I get it with captain America btw !! Anyone here sit through Season one ? How was it in your opinion ?

It started slow but after the events of Cap2 it gets a lot better since they tie the show in to the Cap2 aftermath.

#42 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

It started slow but after the events of Cap2 it gets a lot better since they tie the show in to the Cap2 aftermath.

I saw a clip that showed sif from asgard as well. Does this also set up Thor dark world as well ?

#43 jjks   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

have patience with AoS. I almost gave up on it 5-6 episodes in. Felt too cheesy, acting was sub-par, script and special effects were laughable at times. Then somewhere around episode 10, it turned a massive corner and the second half of the season was absolutely fantastic. Patience pays off with this series.

#44 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3603 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

have patience with AoS. I almost gave up on it 5-6 episodes in. Felt too cheesy, acting was sub-par, script and special effects were laughable at times. Then somewhere around episode 10, it turned a massive corner and the second half of the season was absolutely fantastic. Patience pays off with this series.

Even though I enjoyed the early episodes, comparatively speaking, once you get through the first third of the season, I agree, it got really good.

#45 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Even though I enjoyed the early episodes, comparatively speaking, once you get through the first third of the season, I agree, it got really good.

Joss wheldon (director of the avengers for those who don't know) spoke to the show creators and mentioned how winter soilder would effect the shows storyline. Maybe that lead to the big turn around perhaps

#46 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6786 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Josh weldon (director of the avengers for those who don't know) spoke to the show creators and mentioned how winter soilder would effect the shows storyline. Maybe that lead to the big turn around perhaps

Joss Weldon is also the creator of Marvel Agent of Shield.

#47 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

I don't think Avengers got a SB, did they? But if they do a GotG SB, I will definitely pre-order that. This and Avengers are just superhero mashups that are outrageously fun (plus in the case of GotG, it IS its own movie, so consider it a progenitor of a brand new SL, despite a couple of tiny tie in's from prior Marvel flicks).

#48 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

I don't think Avengers got a SB, did they? But if they do a GotG SB, I will definitely pre-order that. This and Avengers are just superhero mashups that are outrageously fun (plus in the case of GotG, it IS its own movie, so consider it a progenitor of a brand new SL, despite a couple of tiny tie in's from prior Marvel flicks).

Avengers did get a steelbook put it was a pre-ordfer incentive in store and on-line like they used to do. The steelbook was the actual pre-order slip. You would pay $7.50 for the steelbook and come back on release day with that receipt and you would get $7.50 off the movie. I think that was the way it worked I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

#49 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3603 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Avengers did get a steelbook put it was a pre-ordfer incentive in store and on-line like they used to do. The steelbook was the actual pre-order slip. You would pay $7.50 for the steelbook and come back on release day with that receipt and you would get $7.50 off the movie. I think that was the way it worked I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Yep, that was my recollection.  I have it sitting on my bookshelf.

#50 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

Joss WHEDON! Jesus.

Also, his contribution to the ongoing show seemed pretty minimal.  He (and Marvel) had input on overarching stuff, but he only had one writing credit for the entire season.

#51 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

I saw a clip that showed sif from asgard as well. Does this also set up Thor dark world as well ?

There is an episode that takes place directly after Thor: The Dark World, but its more of an easter egg  than anything. The Sif episode comes later, and hints at possible things for Thor 3. The series starts off fairly slow, but gets much better further in.

#52 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Ahh I didn't know this, since he's been so busy with the films I didn't think he created the show as well. Love his work !

#53 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Joss WHEDON! Jesus.

Also, his contribution to the ongoing show seemed pretty minimal. He (and Marvel) had input on overarching stuff, but he only had one writing credit for the entire season.

I ment to edit that earlier lol. And yea I thought he just got I'm put to the story line like how he mentioned how winter soilder would effect the shows storyline. I'm pretty sure he didn't do any of the writing for the first season but I could be wrong

#54 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:03 PM

*AOS spoilers in case any one here hasn't seen the whole season*

I have to jump into the AOS discussion. I had such high hopes, as I've always been a huge SHIELD fan in the comics(Nick Fury being one of my favorite characters) and fell in love with Coulson. The first episode gave me hope, but it really didn't live up to the hype. It was ok, but not spectacular. After Cap 2 it finally started to find its footing. I think the problem was they really couldn't evolve the show that much until the Hydra reveal, and I think that hindered the beginning. From interviews, the creators and writers all knew before going in what was going to happen in Cap 2 and how it would affect the show, I just feel they couldn't break out a lot of the big guns until later. I do have hopes for season 2, seeing as their going to be essentially starting SHIELD from scratch and expanding more with comic characters. 

#55 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

I have to jump into the AOS discussion. I had such high hopes, as I've always been a huge SHIELD fan in the comics(Nick Fury being one of my favorite characters) and fell in love with Coulson. The first episode gave me hope, but it really didn't live up to the hype. It was ok, but not spectacular. After Cap 2 it finally started to find its footing. I think the problem was they really couldn't evolve the show that much until the Hydra reveal, and I think that hindered the beginning. From interviews, the creators and writers all knew before going in what was going to happen in Cap 2 and how it would affect the show, I just feel they couldn't break out a lot of the big guns until later. I do have hopes for season 2, seeing as their going to be essentially starting SHIELD from scratch and expanding more with comic characters.

I wish that stark, banner, thor, hawkeye, black widow and Steve Rodgers would make cameos during the series. That would make me scream lol

#56 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

I wish that stark, banner, thor, hawkeye, black widow and Steve Rodgers would make cameos during the series. That would make me scream lol

I'm actually ok with them not showing up. I feel they would overpower the show, when it really needs to stand on it's own. I think they handled the Nick Fury and Maria Hill cameos great, not gratuitous but only when the show called for it. I will say I'm very much looking forward to the introduction of Mockingbird, and Lucy Lawless's character, as she is just a wonderful actress in whatever she does. I am a little sad they killed off Victoria Hand, I thought she could have been a good character going forward, but again, it helped advance the story. 

#57 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6786 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

Joss WHEDON! Jesus.

Also, his contribution to the ongoing show seemed pretty minimal.  He (and Marvel) had input on overarching stuff, but he only had one writing credit for the entire season.

Haha oops my bad. I just went by how strait spelled his last name. Thanks a lot strait! :D

#58 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

#59 Lord_Kefka   Son of a Submariner! CAGiversary!   2422 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

Running the risk of sounding repetitive, but most people agree....Agents of SHIELD gets better as it goes on.  Which is funny when you look at the ratings and see that they actually dropped a bit into the second half.  A lot of that could be connected to the god-awful release schedule they were on.  We'd get a new episode, three weeks off, a new episode or two, and then a few more weeks off.

The show actually plays a lot better in succession, like one would do with Netflix binge-viewing or the blu-ray.  The show starts off feeling very network "safe", with little in the way of real intrigue or interesting developments.  Some episodes to note: Ep8: The Well, dealing with the aftermath of Thor:TDW (don't expect any cameos), Ep14: TAHITI - dealing with Coulson's resurrection and the Ep:16 End of the Beginning is the prelude to Cap2:WS, and then Ep17: Turn, Turn, Turn takes place right after.

There aren't a ton of MCU cameos, but we do get a few in Fury, Sitwell, Hill, and Lady Sif.  Lots of minor Marvel characters get referenced or show up, and there are a few teases to the Galaxy.  It's worth watching for sure.  Doesn't quite live up to expectations, but they do pretty well.  The show-runners are Joss Whedon's brother Jed and Maurissa Tancharoen  (Jed and Maurissa are married).  They all collaborated on things like Dr Horribles Sing-a-long blog, so I'm sure there's plenty of collaboration.  I'm hoping we see more back and forth with the next movies and possibly even the Netflix series.

#60 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

yeah, AOS got better as the season went on.  Definitely starts out slow but the end of the season is much better.  I'm almost tempted to mix that with my Cap 2 Steelbook for the $10 off