* * * * * 1 votes

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Steelbook $24.99 @ Best Buy

Captain America The Winter Soldier Marvel Best Buy

#61 robin2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

robin2099

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

My view of AOS was that it started slow, and did get better towards the end. But the characters that sucked were still there, and it isn't even in the same stratosphere as Arrow which is better than it on pretty much every level.

#62 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:38 AM

My view of AOS was that it started slow, and did get better towards the end. But the characters that sucked were still there, and it isn't even in the same stratosphere as Arrow which is better than it on pretty much every level.

One thing I like is that AOS is canon with the films which adds even more value to it. From the look of the season 2 trailor They Seem To Want To Kick It Up A Few Notches following the fallout from winter soilder :D

#63 get_loud   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

get_loud

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

Anyone know if the $10 off deal is real? Or when the deal goes live on the website?

#64 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

Anyone know if the $10 off deal is real? Or when the deal goes live on the website?

The deal is in store to btw

#65 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:18 AM

$10 off is live now.

Ordering on BB.com also stacks the 'buy 3 TV seasons get 25% off' and '$10 off Cap 2' promos.  Not bad.  Now I'm off to bed.

#66 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:31 AM

So does it mean if a store doesn't have it for store pickup does that mean that store will not have it Tuesday morning

#67 DRV   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

Whenever I try to add it to my cart, it says there's a problem. -_-

#68 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

Whenever I try to add it to my cart, it says there's a problem. -_-

Sign out of your account on best buy and don't sign back in until the sign in screen comes up during checkout. That worked for me anyway.

#69 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2165 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

Does best buy set aside some of these for shelves, walk in customers? Right now I don't show any of my local store giving the store pick up option

#70 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

[quote name="El Rey" post="12073608" timestamp="1410116070"]

Does best buy set aside some of these for shelves, walk in customers? Right now I don't show any of my local store giving the store pick up

On release they will be in a cardboard display

#71 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4613 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

Sold out online.

#72 Nightcrawler13   Go Stros! CAGiversary!   577 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Nightcrawler13

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

Sold out online.

wow that's pretty crazy

#73 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

yeah, glad I preordered 2 for store pickup and have 1 coming online.  Not gonna hoard, just want one undamaged.  The rest I'll probably sell to CAG's at cost

#74 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2165 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:33 AM

On release they will be in a cardboard display

I'm familiar with best buys set up in store. The question is if each store will sell their whole allotment via online store pick up or if some are set aside for walk in customers to buy

#75 ghost1914  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:53 AM

I'm familiar with best buys set up in store. The question is if each store will sell their whole allotment via online store pick up or if some are set aside for walk in customers to buy

They will most likely have some set aside for walk ins.

#76 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14953 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

So for BB in-store pickup preorders, am I charged when I place the order or when I pickup? If it's at pickup I'd like to wait until Friday for one of my two paychecks to clear but from reading stories on here it seems like if I don't pick it up on Tuesday it will be gone even with a preorder.

I missed the Thor 2 Steelbook and have been lucky getting the near to last copies of the last 3 DC Animated Steels at a local Target (since those can't be preordered reliably) so I don't want to miss Cap.

#77 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1678 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

But just remember if they do decide to have some set aside for walk ins the people picking up copies of destiny might grab those ones too

#78 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1678 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

So for BB in-store pickup preorders, am I charged when I place the order or when I pickup? If it's at pickup I'd like to wait until Friday for one of my two paychecks to clear but from reading stories on here it seems like if I don't pick it up on Tuesday it will be gone even with a preorder.

I missed the Thor 2 Steelbook and have been lucky getting the near to last copies of the last 3 DC Animated Steels at a local Target (since those can't be preordered reliably) so I don't want to miss Cap.

I was charged once the order was placed, I'm hoping customer service will just refund me some back after price matching it

#79 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

I got an email today saying the date for my in store pick up has been changed to today, and to wait for my pick up email before going to get it?

#80 Havokscry   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

It's up for preorder again for shipping. I checked the store pick up options and many are listed as unavailable.

For those that previously ordered, can you confirm if the sku is 7750005? The picture shows the steebook, but the title description does not mention the Best Buy exclusive or the 3D.

#81 RatATatTatt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

RatATatTatt

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

It's up for preorder again for shipping. I checked the store pick up options and many are listed as unavailable.

For those that previously ordered, can you confirm if the sku is 7750005? The picture shows the steebook, but the title description does not mention the Best Buy exclusive or the 3D.

The Google cached version of the page includes "steelbook" and "3d" in the title description lists the same sku - 7750005. So I think it's good.

#82 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3142 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

I decided to order.  Hope it comes with the steelbook.  I ended up ordering the Ghost in the Shell 25th anniversary edition blu-ray to get cap at $15.  Was going to order that anyway.

I might go to the store tomorrow and get a steelbook just in case.

#83 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

I decided to order.  Hope it comes with the steelbook.  I ended up ordering the Ghost in the Shell 25th anniversary edition blu-ray to get cap at $15.  Was going to order that anyway.

I had to check this. And it's true. Somehow, it snuck into the promotion and qualifies. Spend $35, get a SB for CA2 and a remaster of an anime classic.

#84 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

I just placed an order for CA: TWS SB ($14.99) and Hannibal Season 1 ($16.99).  The order total was $28.xx after tax, free shipping, and a $5 myBestBuy cert, but then I had a gift card to cover the entire order.  Excited!  

Oh, and if you're not watching Hannibal, you're crazy!

#85 JPCERTIFIED   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

JPCERTIFIED

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Just got my Steel book Captain America 2 from UPS just now

#86 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

I had to check this. And it's true. Somehow, it snuck into the promotion and qualifies. Spend $35, get a SB for CA2 and a remaster of an anime classic.

wow, it is 14.99 for winter soldier + 19.99 ghost in anniv. blu = $35 Total.

That's really good. I wonder what other weird options we have besides ghost in the shell, because it seems they confused it with a tv series lol

#87 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

So breaking it down for me since captain america standard blu ray will be 10$ If I pair it with aos. My 5$ rz coupon and movers coupon will make the total around 45$. Great deal !

#88 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'd love to make an online order or cancel my in-store pickup order at time of pickup to pick up some TV series sets to go with it, though picking up the new items that are coming out tomorrow (Homeland S3, AOS S1, Supernatural S9, Vampire Diaries S5) seem like a waste even at 25% off the release price.  Most of these seem to end up cheaper during the BF timeframe more times than not, so waiting it out will net them for cheaper than the $30 - $33 seems like a better option.   Some of the cheaper stuff I've picked up for that price or cheaper here and there, so it's a harder sell this time around a few weeks ago for ASM2.

EDIT: Best I could find for my purposes would be Sleepy Hollow @ $23.99, Homeland S3 for $20.24 and South Park S17 for $20.99 bundled with CA: TWS for $14.99.

#89 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3834 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'd love to make an online order or cancel my in-store pickup order at time of pickup to pick up some TV series sets to go with it, though picking up the new items that are coming out tomorrow (Homeland S3, AOS S1, Supernatural S9, Vampire Diaries S5) seem like a waste even at 25% off the release price.  Most of these seem to end up cheaper during the BF timeframe more times than not, so waiting it out will net them for cheaper than the $30 - $33 seems like a better option.   Some of the cheaper stuff I've picked up for that price or cheaper here and there, so it's a harder sell this time around a few weeks ago for ASM2.

EDIT: Best I could find for my purposes would be Sleepy Hollow @ $23.99, Homeland S3 for $20.24 and South Park S17 for $20.99 bundled with CA: TWS for $14.99.

This is part of why I'm grabbing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with Winter Soldier. Being that it is Marvel and Disney it probably won't have much in the way of a sale for quite some time. 

#90 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

This is part of why I'm grabbing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with Winter Soldier. Being that it is Marvel and Disney it probably won't have much in the way of a sale for quite some time.

Getting the standard blu version of c.a for 10$ with this promo is the best deal you will get for a loooooooong time lol. Since that's the case I highly recommend this deal.