* * * * - 5 votes

Target Ad 9/14 - 9/20

destiny xbox one cartwheel preorder card target never learns mario kart madden target weekly ad

#481 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4347 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

decided I would try my luck with an additional copy of ghosts. worked no problem and dumped it to gamestop on my way home

#482 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

A GC is basically not paying if it's something you never bought in the first place such as a birthday gift or a book someone gave you to read. I returned a gift I got and used that towards the game.

48.19-25=39 w/tax-20 in giftcards=9 bucks for mario kart 8 and about 10-15 minutse of my times

the void was because i paid some of that 9 in cash and then wanted to do the rest by card but the cashier made it all by cash and when the register opened to dispense the cash he put in the meager amount and when he wanted to see how much I saved off of cartwheel he realized his error and called for a return/post void. 

at that point i should've just walked out and said i don't need a receipt but i waited out anyway. besides the guy got chewed by the shift lead for the error so it was best that i stick around and apologize for the incovenience and explain what happened so that he doesn't get written up. not gonna have someone written up for a human error. paying half by cash and half by card is always confusing.

#483 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

A GC is basically not paying if it's something you never bought in the first place such as a birthday gift or a book someone gave you to read. I returned a gift I got and used that towards the game.

48.19-25=39 w/tax-20 in giftcards=9 bucks for mario kart 8 and about 10-15 minutse of my times

the void was because i paid some of that 9 in cash and then wanted to do the rest by card but the cashier made it all by cash and when the register opened to dispense the cash he put in the meager amount and when he wanted to see how much I saved off of cartwheel he realized his error and called for a return/post void. 

at that point i should've just walked out and said i don't need a receipt but i waited out anyway. besides the guy got chewed by the shift lead for the error so it was best that i stick around and apologize for the incovenience and explain what happened so that he doesn't get written up. not gonna have someone written up for a human error. paying half by cash and half by card is always confusing.

So much fail in one post. I'm getting ill just looking at it. First of all, $39-$20 is not $9. You must have had $30 in gift cards.

Second of all, using a gift card is paying because it is money that can be used for anything at any time. There's no way I can think of to rationalize a gift card not being money. The only instance I can see it not being considered money is if it is a certificate on the verge of expiration, or an "infinite" supply of it, like the Gamestop Kongregate coupon.

#484 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

After getting a surprise ps4 this week, picked up Infamous Second Son for $22.22 out the door. Price matched target.com at $39.99.

#485 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

After getting a surprise ps4 this week, picked up Infamous Second Son for $22.22 out the door. Price matched target.com at $39.99.

$22 is too much for a 5 hour game, don't get me wrong it's good, but has little to no replay value

#486 jeromjenkins   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

jeromjenkins

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Is ps4 madden apart of the 20 dollars off?

#487 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

$22 is too much for a 5 hour game, don't get me wrong it's good, but has little to no replay value

You need to play through twice to platinum. And its like 12 hours one play through lol

#488 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

I got shut down hard by a jr. detective today. As I was price matching, a guy from electronics comes racing to customer service and tells the woman that the pre-order cannot stack with a price match.

The only reason I am mad is that I could tell that other people had gotten in on this, because I got the last copy of COD Ghosts in the entire store.

Sigh, I actually wanted to keep it for $3.

#489 dravack   For the Red Eagle! CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

decided I would try my luck with an additional copy of ghosts. worked no problem and dumped it to gamestop on my way home

Whats the current trade in vaule on that right now?

#490 LaffyTaffy   Banned Banned   180 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

LaffyTaffy

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

I priced matched and got $20 off on two games (amazing spiderman 2 360 and cod ghosts x1) in 1 minute. There was a line and this lady complained telling the other employees to come help. Then 1 girl I've never seen before, came to help and I showed her the price on my phone( didn't even look if it's sold by amazon). She didn't need no supervisors and didn't even use the annoying ipads. Then she scanned the two reservation cards and said "Your total is $16" I was surprised that she wasn't surprised when it went down to $16

#491 ghost1914  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

I got shut down hard by a jr. detective today. As I was price matching, a guy from electronics comes racing to customer service and tells the woman that the pre-order cannot stack with a price match.

The only reason I am mad is that I could tell that other people had gotten in on this, because I got the last copy of COD Ghosts in the entire store.

Sigh, I actually wanted to keep it for $3.

Just curious how you getting the last copy means other people were doing it lol

#492 Mishimaryu   EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2) CAGiversary!   1460 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Mishimaryu

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

Visited relatives in san bruno, got shot dowb immediately attempting to PM and stack at customer service. On my way to work to Vacaville, I decided to try another Target there, same story. I'm SOL...

#493 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

they still sold a lot of inventory doing this. Getting ghosts got me into the store and while there a bought a few grocery items I needed

Hah, no doubt. I spent $85 getting Mario Kart and Ghosts (which was almost half that total). On the other hand, I go to Target and spend money there all the time so they didn't really need to get me in the store. Though on the third hand, I only went there today, specifically, to get in on those deals. I just tacked $40 worth of food items on top of it.

#494 dravack   For the Red Eagle! CAGiversary!   300 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:26 AM

Got mario kart 8 for $34. Manager did price match asked me what cartwheel was for. So I told her she said oh okay have a nice day. lol love the people here.

#495 Troopa   Waffle Iron Master CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

Today I bought the Madden 15 Xbox One bundle. It's $399.99 before any discounts. I had to fight for the $50 gift card deal. It didn't ring up in the register automatically, and the Target manager didn't want to give it to us.

She showed me the ad and said, "Clearly this deal is only for the $499 unit." Here it is from the ad:

I8R2wEY.png

And I said, "Yes, I can see the 499 system, but it says it's valid for any Xbox One."

And then she says, "This is only meant for the $499 system. We can't do it."

I replied, "If it's only for this specific $499 system, then why does it say ANY Xbox One?"

Clearly they want you to buy the more expensive bundle, but they need to honor their ad. My fiancee started saying this is false advertising, and I think the manager was worried we were going to call up corporate.

I know from my year of working at Wal-mart (a decade ago) that managers at Target/Wal-mart do NOT want you to call corporate about them. It's bad news. They'd rather give you a gift card.

After a couple minutes of arguing she caved in and did it. And she was a bitch about it with one of those fake "Have a nice day" endings, lol. Whatever. I'll argue with anyone for a couple minutes to save $50.  :D/

#496 MSU_DVM   Let's Go Heat! CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:46 AM

Just curious how you getting the last copy means other people were doing it lol

Well for starters the woman working at customer service said that several people had been successful at price matching with the preorder card earlier this week. She had no issue doing the price match/pre-order discount.

#497 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

Was able to luck out and tac on spiderman for 20 total and price match final fantasy lighting returns for 27 with steel book which I really wanted and 4 copies of ghost on ps4 for under 70 total made all my money back by flipping ghost :)

#498 Eternal Session   Banned Banned   962 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Eternal Session

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:31 AM

Final tally

5x Ghosts Xbone

5x Ghosts PS3

3x Ghosts 360

Kind of a slow week, but I was busy with school and work. Next time, perhaps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: destiny, xbox one, cartwheel, preorder card, target never learns, mario kart, madden, target, weekly ad