* * * * - 5 votes

Target Ad 9/14 - 9/20

destiny xbox one cartwheel preorder card target never learns mario kart madden target weekly ad

#61 evanft   Wombat needs Nutrisystem. CAGiversary!   7006 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

Dis gun b good.

#62 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2378 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

if that "save $20 with reservation card" works for FFXIV Im getting in on that shit

Maybe even Killzone Shadow Fall

Is there a limit?

Yeah, but the limits vary per the individual. Some buyers have a limit of "whatever is in stock" while some buyers have a limit of zero.

I shit you not.

This promo is the definition of YMMV.

#63 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6548 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

I cant say specifically for GTA V cards but I can personally speak from experience that the cards in general work months after the game in question releases. A Target employee CAG once said that they do expire eventually but nobody knows when for each specific title. I used a Madden 25 one back in April. Therefore, you def save these cards you have been buying for a dollar. You might actually be able to use it someday. Maybe black friday Target has the best price on a title or two and you can whip out the reservation card then for an extra $5 gift card, for example. I do find it is best not to use them during these reservation card promos though. The Target employees are clueless as to what they are and I'd rather not be buying some to activate the promo and whipping others out of my pocket to activate gift cards on the same games. Looks like I stole them at that point. Just save them for a really good straight sale on the title down the road should it arise

I actually want to buy GTA V to play, not to flip because I got the strategy guide at GameStop for $5 last week. I thought my mom still had a Sam's Club membership but she doesn't so I missed out on th $14.98 copies they had on sale, so I was going to try to PM GTA to either Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart if any of them has it for a good price that week ($39.99 or under), buy the preorder card to get the $20 off and then get them to scan the GTA card to get the $5 gift card. Good sense would dictate that I should wait until GTA hits $19.99 or under which I know it most certainly will, but I want to play the game sooner than later. Why not actually get the $5 gift card since I spent a buck to get it?

#64 TheMaysian  

TheMaysian

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, but the limits vary per the individual. Some buyers have a limit of "whatever is in stock" while some buyers have a limit of zero.

I shit you not.

This promo is the definition of YMMV.

Nice. I woke up thinking that this deal was going on this week too :( oh well

#65 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

Oh – Just in case anyone missed this from last month, this is the effect both Target and CAG can have on the video game world, lol:

NPD Sales numbers – July 2014:

1. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)

2. Minecraft (360, PS3)

3. FIFA 14 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)

4. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)

5. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)

7. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)

8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)

9. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)

10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)

I can't wait to see the August sales numbers!

#66 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

I actually want to buy GTA V to play, not to flip because I got the strategy guide at GameStop for $5 last week. I thought my mom still had a Sam's Club membership but she doesn't so I missed out on th $14.98 copies they had on sale, so I was going to try to PM GTA to either Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart if any of them has it for a good price that week ($39.99 or under), buy the preorder card to get the $20 off and then get them to scan the GTA card to get the $5 gift card. Good sense would dictate that I should wait until GTA hits $19.99 or under which I know it most certainly will, but I want to play the game sooner than later. Why not actually get the $5 gift card since I spent a buck to get it?

You can use it. Just I don't use them at the same time I'm buying them/price matching, personally. I just think it looks weird buying some and pulling others out of my pocket at the same time. If you don't mind then yes it will work

#67 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Oh – Just in case anyone missed this from last month, this is the effect both Target and CAG can have on the video game world, lol:

NPD Sales numbers – July 2014:

1. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
2. Minecraft (360, PS3)
3. FIFA 14 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
4. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
8. Sniper Elite III (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
9. NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)

I can't wait to see the August sales numbers!

We shouldn't give ourselves that much credit as cod is always in the top 10 no matter what lol

#68 Thermopyle  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

We shouldn't give ourselves that much credit as cod is always in the top 10 no matter what lol

Yeah, GTA being right underneath it says a lot about some games hanging on to the top 10 for ages.

#69 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

All my local Targets have gotten wise to this. One will only let you checkout right there in electronics and they're picky about how much they'll let you price match.

#70 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

#71 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

All my local Targets have gotten wise to this. One will only let you checkout right there in electronics and they're picky about how much they'll let you price match.

This is HIGHLY against Target's price matching policy. All are supposed to be done at the service desk. (This is coming from a Target ETL) ;-)

#72 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

This is HIGHLY against Target's price matching policy. All are supposed to be done at the service desk. (This is coming from a Target ETL) ;-)

In your store. Other regions do it right in electronics and the electronics employees are equipped with ipads for just that purpose. That's not new either...cags started reporting that last Christmas season.

#73 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

how does this 1 dollar reservation card promo work? new cag and im not sure what i do. i have one advanced warfare card sitting in my room from the tlou promo. do i go ahead and reserve a few more titles? all help is appreciated 

#74 drolan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

how does this 1 dollar reservation card promo work? new cag and im not sure what i do. i have one advanced warfare card sitting in my room from the tlou promo. do i go ahead and reserve a few more titles? all help is appreciated 

...It's literally on this same page you posted on =/

Yeah. Its best not to think of it as a preorder since you aren't really preordering anything like at gs or bb. You just pay the $1 for the card while buying the game that's discounted and the promo game will get the discount. If you decide to buy the game you bought the card for, then you get a $5 gift card, so you made $4

#75 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

I wonder if it would stack with the cartwheel deal. would buy madden 15 maybe to try it out. haven't played a sports game since shawn alexander was on the cover

not very good. i like the new defense mechanics but if you have a consistently strong offense then you won't need to fret about the defense. some bugs as always. ultimate team isn't that good like in madden 11-12. if anything you'd need to buy the ultimate team edition for 10 dollars more to get a good chunk of packs to start off decent. overall not very impressed. not worth 65 let alone 40. maybe 30. plays just like last years itteration 

#76 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

...It's literally on this same page you posted on =/

so basically take in the damn preorder card to take 20 dollars off a title 39.99 or more. so i can pricematch, cartwheel and what not. hopefully there is a paper towel sale so the parentals can give me the 5 dollar giftcards you get when you buy 2 or something along those lines.

mario kart at 49 bucks, minus the 20 and the 25=happy me. 

may flip some things idk don't wanna be an ass and not let anyone else get in on the deal since my target is horrible stocked and run

#77 thoseAREmySHOES   High Octane User CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

thoseAREmySHOES

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:38 AM

I'm so in on this. I cannot believe they keep running this promo!

#78 cannon  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

the color of the bag reminds me of diarrhea

Pre-order cancelled

#79 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:24 AM

im genuinely excited for this. i just got a wii u so i dont mind paying a few bucks to reserve some titles im gonna get anyways and then get some good games on the low 

#80 SPORK94  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

Again!? Its not like I went overboard last time..... Is Target a masochist?

#81 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3570 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Guess I'll hold off on NHL 15 and see if it's part of this promo.

#82 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3775 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

They sale this space ice cream at NASA. :P For anyone that hasn't tried space ice cream: it looks and feels like a piece of Styrofoam. Once you bite into it, the Styrofoam dissolves and the taste of (melted) room temperature ice cream arrives. Weird experience.

#83 Lil Frier  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

Anyone know how much that ice cream is if you don't get Destiny? I have no desire to get that game, but I kinda want to see what the hell that stuff is.

#84 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2378 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

Anyone know how much that ice cream is if you don't get Destiny? I have no desire to get that game, but I kinda want to see what the hell that stuff is.

It's gotta be no more than $5. That stuff was popular back in the early 90s. It's found in museums iirc.

#85 Thermopyle  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

It's gotta be no more than $5. That stuff was popular back in the early 90s. It's found in museums iirc.

Just to be clear: when found in museums, it's in the gift center not shown as a historical item with the other exhibits.

#86 tH6FOTAdfyR1RQ   Banned Banned   198 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

tH6FOTAdfyR1RQ

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

I believe it is 3.99, maybe 4.99 can't remember.

#87 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

I'm so excited for that $20 off promo again! Now that I'm GCU, I'll just trade enough to get all the games I want for X1 for the rest of the year! Seriously... You'd have to think a corporation as big as Target would look at these promos, see that 99.9% of the preorders are never picked up and then see the wretched margins on game sales during these sales and put 2 and 2 together...

#88 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:08 AM

sorry for the off topic post but isnt there a BB ad for this week up too?  I ask cause I thought I read something about Madden being $50 on sale there next week

#89 WookieM.D.   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

WookieM.D.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

So I've only participated in this "promotion" once before, and it was to get wwe 14 cheap for a friend's birthday. I did as most people seem to be suggesting, and told the electronics guru that I was gonna shop some more and was planning on pricematching it, so he left it up front. I then used the reservation card + pricematch and through in some filler items to help. But since i'm very close to having enough credit to buy a X1 from gamestop in credit, I might want to jump on this for flipping. How is the best way to get multiple games? Will one reservation card work on multiple games or will i need 1 card per game i purchase? Best to do seperate transactions? Thanks for any help!

Edited by WookieM.D., 09 September 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#90 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:10 AM

So I've only participated in this "promotion" once before, and it was to get wwe 14 cheap for a friend's birthday. I did as most people seem to be suggesting, and told the electronics guru that I was gonna shop some more and was planning on pricematching it, so he left it up front. I then used the reservation card + pricematch and through in some filler items to help. But since i'm very close to having enough credit to buy a X1 from gamestop in credit, I might want to jump on this for flipping. How is the best way to get multiple games? Will one reservation card work on multiple games or will i need 1 card per game i purchase? Best to do seperate transactions? Thanks for any help!

1 card per game.  depends on your store but I HIGHLY recommend no more than 2 at a time as price matching anything more than that will raise some serious eyebrows.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: destiny, xbox one, cartwheel, preorder card, target never learns, mario kart, madden, target, weekly ad