Clearance PS Vita Games In-Store @ Best Buy YMMV?

Snowball21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Three of my closest Best Buy stores have most of their PS Vita games on clearance. These games are not listed at all or at these prices on the website clearance, website in-store clearance or BB in-store app.

Here's what I was seeing:

Rayman Legends - $14.99

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $17.99/21.99

Tearaway - $21.99

Assassins Creed 3: Liberation - $19.99

Injustice - $14.99

Gravity Rush - $9.99

FIFA Soccer 13 - $9.99/14.99

Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate - $14.99

I noticed a few games like Sly Cooper, Smart As and Wipeout 2048 were marked "clearance" for 9.99, but they are currently on sale online for the same price. It seemed that between each store I went to, every game in stock outside of Borderlands 2 & The Walking Dead were on clearance. That may not be saying much since most BB have a limited Vita selection though.

Hope this helps!

I'd take Rayman Legends and Injustice for $11.99 (after CGU price).
I'd sell Injustice. The Vita version is SO much worse than the XBone or PS4 (or PS3/360). I hated that and almost passed on the superb console version.

I remember when I got AC:L with my Vita bundle, and then lost the game cart.  Haven't seen it since (20+ months later).  Maybe when I move I'll find it. 

I remember when I got AC:L with my Vita bundle, and then lost the game cart. Haven't seen it since (20+ months later). Maybe when I move I'll find it.
I'm replaying AC:L again now to try to get more of the items. I just slashed through the first time and ignored all the side stuff. Fun game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Three of my closest Best Buy stores have most of their PS Vita games on clearance. These games are not listed at all or at these prices on the website clearance, website in-store clearance or BB in-store app.

Here's what I was seeing:

Rayman Legends - $14.99

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $17.99/21.99

Tearaway - $21.99

Assassins Creed 3: Liberation - $19.99

Injustice - $14.99

Gravity Rush - $9.99

FIFA Soccer 13 - $9.99/14.99

Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate - $14.99

I noticed a few games like Sly Cooper, Smart As and Wipeout 2048 were marked "clearance" for 9.99, but they are currently on sale online for the same price. It seemed that between each store I went to, every game in stock outside of Borderlands 2 & The Walking Dead were on clearance. That may not be saying much since most BB have a limited Vita selection though.

Hope this helps!
This.. my BBY's vita selection is pathetic. A few copies of sports games, AC, and Uncharted is pretty much it

Can confirm Rayman Legends was $14.99. It was marked as $24.99-ish but rang up as $14.99.

The Miami Beach BB had FF X/X-2 remaster for vita on clearance for I think $15? I was there this past Friday when I saw it. They only had 2 copies.

The only good gaming BB in my area had some RPG Gems on clearance for awhile now, but i waited for the price to drop a bit. 

I picked up:

Demon Gaze 2 - $21.99 / GCU $17.59

Conception 2 LE - $21.99 / GCU $17.59

FFX/2 - $21.99 / GCU $17.59

A decent deal for RPGs with GCU.

The PS+ version of Uncharted is the same as the physical, isn't it?  Content wise I mean.  

I picked up Akiba's Trip (not clearance but GCU worked and very hard to find) recently, might grab Rayman next time if its around.  For vita games you have to make this weird decision on "is this game better to buy physical because the download size is so big it won't fit on my memory card".  Goddamn proprietary memory card.  On my 3DS I've been slowly converting everything to digital and loving it.

My BB had all Vita games available at clearance prices.  Accessories and memory cards were marked for clearance also:

Killzone: Mercenary $14.99

Tearaway $9.99

Rayman Legends $14.99

Soul Sacrifice $9.99

Final Fantasy X/X-2 $19.99

Demon Gaze $19.99

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 $9.99

32GB Memory Card $19.99

damn 32gb for $20 is a freaking steal

pretty much confirms though best buy is getting ready to remove vita and games from its stores

My BB had all Vita games available at clearance prices. Accessories and memory cards were marked for clearance also:

32GB Memory Card $19.99
Damn that is a niceeee price for a 32GB, i guess I will go to mine to check on the card! All the other games I have bought way cheaper either through eBay/amz or PS+.

EDIT: called and they told me a ridiculous price lmao

Best Buy me has quite a handful of Vita games on clearance... I plan on getting a Playstation TV when it launches, anyone have any recommendations for what I should snag from this clearance? 

Best Buy me has quite a handful of Vita games on clearance... I plan on getting a Playstation TV when it launches, anyone have any recommendations for what I should snag from this clearance?
I would recommend Tearaway and Uncharted... but neither game will work on the PTV because they make use of the Vita's unique functionalities (rear touch screen, cameras).

I think remember seeing something about the games being patched to work but not sure on that...

My BB had all Vita games available at clearance prices. Accessories and memory cards were marked for clearance also:

Killzone: Mercenary $14.99

Tearaway $9.99

Rayman Legends $14.99

Soul Sacrifice $9.99

Final Fantasy X/X-2 $19.99

Demon Gaze $19.99

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 $9.99

32GB Memory Card $19.99
What state are you in? Were these prices showing up on the Best Buy tags or were they manager specials?

I picked up copy of Rayman Legends for 14.99.  I played Rayman Origins and really enjoyed it.  I've been eyeing Legends for a while now.  Thanks for the heads up.    

Not a Vita game... or a video game in general, but I picked up a Angry Birds Star Wars Telepods Star Destroyer thing. Regular price $49.99, down to $4.99. Gonna flip it on eBay.

Looks like they pulled the memory cards at my Best Buy, I was there on Sunday and they had 4 full pegs of them. Today all 4 pegs were empty. None of the games have been marked down either but honestly, I've seen a total of 1, yes 1, video game mark down ever at the two best buys near where I live.

Hell the one store still has GOW:A CE with way too tight spider wrap on it, a completely crushed box, for 79.99.

Checked memory cards at my closest BB today, $59.99 for a 16GB, $79.99 for a 32GB - I had them scanned to be sure. They had two of each. :(

Not a Vita game... or a video game in general, but I picked up a Angry Birds Star Wars Telepods Star Destroyer thing. Regular price $49.99, down to $4.99. Gonna flip it on eBay.
Not a vita game mentioned in a vita specific thread? Not a video game in the video game section?...............jesus christ

Yeah waste your time flipping it on ebay. I just looked at the sold listings and the highest sold lately is 20 bucks with free shipping. So you buy it for 5 bucks plus tax, pay shipping, pay ebay/paypal fees and make a cool 10 bucks after you waste time driving to the post office. If it was marked down to 5 bucks and they actually had them so you could buy one then chances are no one is paying much for them.

Not a vita game mentioned in a vita specific thread? Not a video game in the video game section?...............jesus christ

Yeah waste your time flipping it on ebay. I just looked at the sold listings and the highest sold lately is 20 bucks with free shipping. So you buy it for 5 bucks plus tax, pay shipping, pay ebay/paypal fees and make a cool 10 bucks after you waste time driving to the post office. If it was marked down to 5 bucks and they actually had them so you could buy one then chances are no one is paying much for them.
Oh yes, it's just as bad as those TOPICS about the free Dominos gift cards and the anniversary of the Dreamcast, both of which are STILL THERE.

As for profit, I bought the thing with Best Buy credit. If I don't make at least $16 on it, well, I'll eat my hat.

Hahahahahaha!!!

Oh yes, it's just as bad as those TOPICS about the free Dominos gift cards and the anniversary of the Dreamcast, both of which are STILL THERE.

As for profit, I bought the thing with Best Buy credit. If I don't make at least $16 on it, well, I'll eat my hat.

Hahahahahaha!!!
Damn, you're like Zuckerberg with a keyblade, dude!

bread's done
Back