* * * * - 8 votes

Dead- Free 2 Year Gamer`s Club Unlocked(GCU) Sub w/Pur of ANY PS4 or XBox One @ BestBuy

#1 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:22 AM

IN-STORE ONLY at this point GCU can only be purchased in-store and this is the 2 Year GCU as that`s the only way it`s sold currently. It`s a system/quality control issue preventing online GCU sign-ups currently but it will happen in the future once they figure it out. No time table though.
http://www.forums.be...om/idi-p/781019

The PC WILL NOT automatically add GCU to your console purchase
YOU MUST BRING THE GCU SUBSCRIPTION CARD TO CHECKOUT OR HAVE THE CASHIER ENTER THE GCU SKU 3081375

During this sale, buy ANY PS4 or XB1 and add the GCU sub card/GCU SKU it`ll will ring up free($120 MSRP). You must have a MBB account to link to GCU to.

BB FAQ
http://www.forums.be...ce-view=desktop

Existing members will have their current subs extended by 2 yrs from your CURRENT GCU EXPIRATION DATE NOT the purchase date of the console purchase.

Existing pre-orders both in-store and in-store P/U will require a return/rebuy.
If you want a 2nd GCU sub you need to have a 2nd MBB account linked to this purchase otherwise it will auto-add to the MBB account linked.

You will still get the $10 pre-order bonus with the Destiny PS4 console and GCU again return/rebuy maybe needed depending on what you pre-ordered. Just make sure both(Pre-order/Purchase) requirements are made.

The 10% movers coupons SHOULD(not confirmed) stack I`d suggest adding fillers if you have the "entire purchase" coupon to be safe.

Not sure about the other offers yet as per the BB mod response(people will need to attempt and report back).

If there`s questions I missed post them and I`ll find out an update the OP

#2 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:24 AM

Subscription card locations vary by store generally where PSN/XBL are in gaming, near the gaming kiosk others where regular giftcards are.

This is the SKU for GCU 3081375 all the cashier needs to do is enter it if they don`t have sub cards

#3 dreamsINdigital  

dreamsINdigital

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:29 AM

I'm wondering if you can use the movers coupon and still get the free GCU membership.

#4 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2327 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:30 AM

Totally worth it for the Xbox One with the free game promo!!

#5 fenixide   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

fenixide

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

I'm wondering if you can use the movers coupon and still get the free GCU membership.

Also wondering if this is possible. Also, where are the GCU membership cards usually located? At the games section of the store, at customer's service, or near the cashier's?

#6 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

May depend on which coupon "single item" or "entire purchase" I`m pretty sure the entire purchase one SHOULD work but the single item one may kickback as an "package" deal not allowing both to stack. This will mean a YMMV override is going to be needed.

#7 dreamsINdigital  

dreamsINdigital

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

May depend on which coupon "single item" or "entire purchase" I`m pretty sure the entire purchase one SHOULD work but the single item one may kickback as an "package" deal not allowing both to stack. This will mean a YMMV override is going to be needed.

I wasn't aware that there were two different types of coupons. Which one do you get when you sign up online?

#8 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:50 AM

Why is there a separate thread for this when its in the weekly ad?

#9 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

Why is there a separate thread for this when its in the weekly ad?

The same reason the target $1 pre-order thread had one or any of the other really huge deals that get lost in the weekly ad sections.

At least I`m willing to do the needed legwork for the community so as many ?`s will be answered on page 1 or the OP instead of spread thru out 30 pages in the weekly ad deals. This deal has at least 7 moving parts several with no answers.

If the mods feel the need to delete so be it.

#10 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:00 AM

sick of deals that are with the purchase of a console. already have all the systems I need this gen

#11 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:00 AM

I think the one real question is will the movers coupon work with this deal. everything else is pretty self explanatory

#12 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:27 AM

I think the one real question is will the movers coupon work with this deal. everything else is pretty self explanatory

You and I understand BB very well but believe it or not there are still ppl who come into BB threads and ask "what`s GCU". Currently, in the weekly ad thread on the same page as your last post there`s several ?`s. Some have been answered earlier in that thread but yet they`re still there. In that OP forums there`s no enough room to only focus on GCU for free and once merged that thread OP will not have all the answers even as things change/update this one however will.

Person can go direct to the OP/2nd post finding 100% of the answers, if they ask anyone in the thread can easily say "check OP".

For a deal like this a well done thread wil help the community far more than hurt. It`s not like there hasn`t been ppl who still haven`t even been aware GCU was $60 4 times this yr so far and the ones that were in the weekly ad also had threads like this. Not really that big of a deal there`s been far worse threads than this.

#13 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:30 AM

Enuf let me ask you this one . I have an 80 $ prepaid visa , to use it on a purchase that's more than 80$ should I just have them swipe it or have them key it in as a partial payment for 80$ ?

#14 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

Enuf let me ask you this one . I have an 80 $ prepaid visa , to use it on a purchase that's more than 80$ should I just have them swipe it or have them key it in as a partial payment for 80$ ?

Swipe as credit it`ll reduce the purchase by $80 then a new remaining balance will show.

In other retailers you may need to alert the cashier to do partial payment.

BC I use so many daily I use a sharpie to write the balance on the actual card and alot of places will show the remaining balance on the receipt of your purchase.

#15 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:05 AM

I guess this information being in the Best Buy Weekly Ad thread and the Xbox One + Free Game thread wasn't enough..

#16 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:06 AM

I guess this information being in the Best Buy Weekly Ad thread and the Xbox One + Free Game thread wasn't enough..

Gotta plaster it everywhere.

I might make another thread myself just to make sure everyone knows ;p

#17 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6835 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

Just got a X1 from CowBoom for $240 but need iive. Any good deals for a year?

#18 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11156 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

Question:  Since it is a service, GCU is not "returnable" is it?

#19 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

Question:  Since it is a service, GCU is not "returnable" is it?

Its not. But if you buy a console and return it they will take $120 off the refund amount

#20 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

Swipe as credit it`ll reduce the purchase by $80 then a new remaining balance will show.
In other retailers you may need to alert the cashier to do partial payment.
BC I use so many daily I use a sharpie to write the balance on the actual card and alot of places will show the remaining balance on the receipt of your purchase.

Thanks man

#21 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

The "single item" coupon expired on 8/31.

#22 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

So what one comes thru the USPS.com site?

#23 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

The "single item" coupon expired on 8/31.

I have a single item coupon that expires on 9/15 , that one came in the mail via a confirmation packet when I recently did move .

#24 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30685 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

Ugh, I'm going to have to return/rebuy my preorder?  That's such bullshit.

#25 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

Just got a X1 from CowBoom for $240 but need iive. Any good deals for a year?

There's a $38 12+1 month deal at cdkeys if you use the 5% off for liking them on Facebook link (found it on slickdeals). It's still too much for me, though. I want it for $30.

#26 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

Is there a link that explains how to get the movers coupon I keep hearing about?

#27 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

I wonder what type of person can take it upon themselves to be at the very least a hype man for best buy (if not a want to be unofficial spokesperson) yet at every turn float ideas to rape and abuse their promotions.

And don't say you don't do it.

#28 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

I wonder what type of person can take it upon themselves to be at the very least a hype man for best buy (if not a want to be unofficial spokesperson) yet at every turn float ideas to rape and abuse their promotions.

And don't say you don't do it.

Deny what?
1- My paychecks don`t have a BB logo on it thus CAG first.
2- You`ve been here a long time haven`t I openly argued with their reps about their system flaws for what 4 yrs now
3- My name on CAG is the same there I don`t hide

They made changes you didn`t see me complain UNLESS they gave reasons on the forums then had press stating the opposite. Reducing the pm policy then saying it wasn`t really being used by a large % of customers being an example.

If they fix all the loopholes AND in the process everything works as advertised GREAT no more handholding staff/reps. Less posting on the forums, emails and phone calls better for all.
If the system works like they promise we still get paid to play works for me.

#29 tata   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Where is this promo listed?
Or will it be posted on Sundays sales ad?

#30 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

It's in the ad on the right side in the classic blue circle