- - - - -

(Update: Only confirmed for Europe so far) Free 3DS game with Club Nintendo Registration of 3DS/XL/2DS system & specific Games

3ds 2ds ssb pokemon

#1 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

Nintendo is offering a free game promotion again.

Register a 2DS, 3DS, or 3DS XL and a copy of SSB, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and pick a free game:

Monster Hunter 3, LOZ:LBW, Yoshi's New Island, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf World Tour, Mario Party: Island Tour, Pokemon Art academy.

Those three games don't come out for a bit, so hang on to your console Serials!

Source: various websites just starting to post this gamespot, videogamers etc.

Edit: Sorry guys apparently it's only been confirmed for Europe so far, let's hope it'll be announced for NOA as well soon. I'll update as soon as I hear/see more news.

#2 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9510 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

So a previously registered 3DS wouldn't be able to take advantage of this, even if it hadn't participated in any previous promo?

#3 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

Assuming it's similar to the previous 3DS promotion where it will only work with newly registered systems, if not, all the better

#4 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well, I'm a little more tempted to pick up that Persona system now.

So a previously registered 3DS wouldn't be able to take advantage of this, even if it hadn't participated in any previous promo?

Nope, have to be registered during the promo period.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5 latin trident   Banned Banned   935 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

latin trident

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Bait and switch!!!

#6 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:16 PM

Another dope promotion.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9510 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

Well, I'm a little more tempted to pick up that Persona system now.

Nope, have to be registered during the promo period.

Depending on how deep the design for the NES themed 3DS-XL goes, I would be interested in that.  But I'm not buying a new 3DS-XL just to get a free game. :)

#8 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20254 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

Awesome.  Definitely will do this.  Missed it the last time.  Will likely pick up SSB.  Not sure what to get with my free one.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#9 WarrenMSP  

WarrenMSP

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Isn't this Europe only?

#10 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2178 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Thank god I bought a 2DS during the Micro Center promo for $65 @ Best Buy and I never registered it! Perfect! :D

24646xl.jpg

My YouTube channel has been reborn into Gee Wiz Gaming! Become a Little Wizard and subscribe! Comment any criticism you may have and share my first new video with your friends.

https://www.youtube....Lx888bJmv8AWUwQ

Now if only i could afford an Elgato and a Snowball....

#11 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Depending on how deep the design for the NES themed 3DS-XL goes, I would be interested in that. But I'm not buying a new 3DS-XL just to get a free game. :)

Yeah, it would be hard to part with my Pokemon system but that Persona one is smexy.

Trade List

#12 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Pokemon art academy is will be mine!!!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#13 KinjiMuto   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

KinjiMuto

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

So trying to clarify...aside from the 3DS, do we need to register SSB, Ruby, AND Sapphire?

#14 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

Depending on how deep the design for the NES themed 3DS-XL goes, I would be interested in that.  But I'm not buying a new 3DS-XL just to get a free game. :)

Kotaku has a good picture of the inside. It's not nearly as cool as the old NES edition of the GBA SP, but they at least got the D-pad and the buttons right. The box is really cool though.
http://kotaku.com/ps...-3ds-1633092467

#15 mitch079   Don't be a moron! CAGiversary!   12644 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

That's right folks, buy up the current inventory and we'll give you a free game but don't forget to pick up a new NEW 3DS when those come out.   :D/

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#16 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:02 PM

NOA HASNT CONFIRMED THIS AS A PROMOTION THEY WILL ALSO BE PART OF. this is Europe ONLY SO FAR

#17 gossamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

gossamer

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

Isn't this Europe only?

That's what I'm seeing. No use getting excited if it's not for America.

#18 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

NOA HASNT CONFIRMED THIS AS A PROMOTION THEY WILL ALSO BE PART OF. this is Europe ONLY SO FAR

I'm noticing this now, I missed it, Thanks for all the info Guy's I'll update the Title and OP and hopefully we will get an announcement from NOA  soon (Much like the delayed Smash sale we had...)

#19 CaptainAmerricka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

CaptainAmerricka

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

For anyone in Europe that can take advantage of this offer that already has a 3ds, you can find club nintendo codes for the 3 consoles on ebay for under $13. I've seen a few for $9 and one for a 2ds for $4.25. I was about to buy it but decided to double check the terms of the promo and found out Europe only. So if you plan on getting one of these games (and I imagine anyone with a 3ds is) you can get a game from the promo for $13 or less. Pretty good deal still.

#20 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

If I remember correctly (I may be off a bit) but EU got this type of promo around this time last year and we got it the last two years around March. So this may be their pattern for this sort of thing.

Trade List

#21 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

NOA version: buy a new 3DS, SSB, and Pokemon and get a picture of a European enjoying free games

nintendo-ds-lite-european-ad-white.jpg

#22 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

NOA version: buy a new 3DS, SSB, and Pokemon and get a picture of a European enjoying free games

While receiving their free health care and month of paid vacation.

Trade List

#23 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

Damn why does that NES XL have to look so goddam cool.

Not even considering a "New" 3DS but the regular NES XL is so damn cool looking.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#24 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16272 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

Now all I need is a 2ds sale.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#25 ryuzx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

Nintendo of America is the worst. I wouldn't expect this showing up, but I guess if you're in the market for EU 3DS XL this is a good deal. I guess I should get a EU 3DSXL so I can stop missing out on good promotions and game releases Nintendo fans in the US are often robbed.

#26 ryuzx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Now all I need is a 2ds sale.

I thought I saw them on sale for $99 now. Was that last week?

#27 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1294 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Just saw the box at GS for the NES system, inside the console is silver, buttons cyab are red dpad has red lines and stylus is red. That's all I can tell

#28 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   1141 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

I do wish NA gets something like this.  I've been holding onto my Pikachu 3DS code for something like this.

shadowneko003.png

Currently Playing: :ps2: : none :psp: : Final Fantasy VII & Tales of Eternia  :ps3: : Assassin's Creed Liberation :3ds: : Gyakuten Kenji 2

If you buy anything from me, when sending payment, PLEASE include a NOTE with your CAG name! =]

#29 CaptainAmerricka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

CaptainAmerricka

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Nintendo of America is the worst. I wouldn't expect this showing up, but I guess if you're in the market for EU 3DS XL this is a good deal. I guess I should get a EU 3DSXL so I can stop missing out on good promotions and game releases Nintendo fans in the US are often robbed.

To quote an earlier post.

If I remember correctly (I may be off a bit) but EU got this type of promo around this time last year and we got it the last two years around March. So this may be their pattern for this sort of thing.

That said, yeah they kinda suck for not doing these promos for all regions.

#30 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1561 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

Having a heck of a time finding articles about this. If this is indeed the pattern, then cool cool. I can sit on my 2DS Club Nintendo code for a bit.

I thought I saw them on sale for $99 now. Was that last week?

GameStop still has 'em for that price, if you can find one in your area: http://www.gamestop....s,28zu0,134f-41

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast.