* * * * - 4 votes

Killzone Shadow Fall $19.99 digital and disc Amazon

#1 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2125 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Killzone Shadow Fall is $19.99 on disc or digital at Amazon.  

I was happy to see this price for the digital copy and jumped on it.  It's nice to have the digital copy for remote play.  I freely expect that this will be a PS+ freebie next month since I bought it today. 

I didn't see this posted anywhere on CAG, but feel free to light me up and delete this thread if I'm wrong. 

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=killzone

#2 HeightsBound   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

HeightsBound

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

Anyone that has played it, is it worth it at $20? I have nothing to play until the 4th qtr releases, or just pass on it and be patient?

#3 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2125 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

They are just PMing Gamestop who has it for the same price.

Gamestop is selling the digital copy for $39.99.  If you're interested in that, it looks like Amazon is the way to go right now. 

#4 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Tiger Direct has this on sale as well for $17.97.  The shipping does hurt the deal but if you are price matching at BBY (who does match TD), then it's an option.

http://www.tigerdire...4871&CatId=8845

#5 josecitox  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

I really hope they set Knack on that same price. : /

#6 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2484 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

Anyone that has played it, is it worth it at $20? I have nothing to play until the 4th qtr releases, or just pass on it and be patient?

I would say its worth it. Go for it.

#7 shiftymcneely   I love my Lions! CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

shiftymcneely

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

I found the game has failed to keep up with the total package of the FPS nowadays. Not as good as Killzone 2 or 3. I've owned it twice and sold it after playing each time. Hard to describe it, but the game doesn't feel/play right to me.

#8 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1484 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Had it, sold it, hated it.

#9 MrBeatdown   DumbAssGamer CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

MrBeatdown

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

I paid $16 and thought it was well worth it based on playing the multiplayer.

I played a bit of the single player and was a little frustrated with it. Multiplayer is probably my favorite in the entire series though.

#10 Emoney244   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Totally. Probably PS4's best shooter. I felt it had the best campaign in the series and the multiplayer is pretty fun. 

#11 htz  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

I enjoyed the multiplayer, single player definitely went downhill from the previous killzone titles(graphics on the other hand was amazing). The good thing is that Guerilla Games are still supporting this title with patches and new features. Plus the multiplayer DLC maps are all free. I don't see this title being put on PS+, Sony never offered any of the previous Killzone titles on PS+ either.

#12 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

Knack was $9.99 at TD a while back though it sold out.

It was $2.99 if you purchased a Dualshock 4 at Best Buy earlier this year.

#13 dakid1000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

dakid1000

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

I really enjoyed playing it. I got it during target's preorder sale and I found it fun. It's a unique shooter and for the price - it's a steal IMO.

#14 tbassett   MW2 Still King CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:40 PM

I'm not joking when I say it's one of the worst games I've ever played.  I finished it, bysome miracle.  But it's so bad I'm kind of ashamed to admit it.  About 2 or 3 levels look next gen and the others don't look all that great, so it's a really weird mix of great visuals and last gen visuals. 

#15 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

It's crap compared to 2 and 3, but I believe it's a good game for $20 or less. 

#16 dakid1000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

dakid1000

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

I'm not joking when I say it's one of the worst games I've ever played. I finished it, bysome miracle. But it's so bad I'm kind of ashamed to admit it. About 2 or 3 levels look next gen and the others don't look all that great, so it's a really weird mix of great visuals and last gen visuals.

At some point, we have to stop playing games just because of visuals - but for the game itself. If visuals are so important, you should go outside once in a while. That has great visuals - I promise.

#17 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

At some point, we have to stop playing games just because of visuals - but for the game itself. 

I've been saying this since the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube days. But I will add that I expect current gen visuals whenever I purchase a game after the first wave of games (I say that after the first year of a console's release that we should be seeing the power of the machine being utilized). 

#18 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:20 AM

The incepton expansion DLC is awesome HOWEVER I do believe they now have that as a standalone download for thos who want to play just that mode. it's pretty fun!

#19 plagueseason   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   648 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

plagueseason

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

Good price for the game, but I bought it at launch and still haven't finished it. There's just something about it that turns me off. It just feels like there's too much going on constantly. The touchpad stuff is poorly implemented and feels excessive/a tad bit confusing, and most of the story maps, though linear, are setup in a way that tries to emulate some kind of open world where you can go do optional side objectives if you want. The problem is that at several points I would just flat out get lost trying to find my way from point A to point B to further the story because the objective markers are horribly designed. I can appreciate that they tried to do something different than other linear corridor shooters, but it just falls kind of flat.

With that said, the game really does look great, and with it being at 60fps, it feels like a better shooter than the previous titles.

#20 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

Amazon charges tax on digital

#21 Stingermck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Stingermck

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Digital is showing $40 now, missed it.

#22 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Amazon charges tax on digital

R u sure?

#23 painkillah   Black Sheep CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

painkillah

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Both prices have increased

#24 seraph011   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

seraph011

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Showing $29.99 right now. But for me it was worth the purchase. Campaign became  better especially during the last parts, didn't bother playing the MP though. But if you want eye candy, it definitely is one of the better PS4 looking games even now. =)