What Xbox One headset do you recommend (based on price and value)?

whataboutbob?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
When they released in May I purchased the Turtle Beach XO 7's and thought they were ok but overpriced. I returned them and just bought the xbox headset adapter and have been using apple earbuds ever since. After playing a lot of Destiny lately I've decided its time for a real headset. Any suggestions?

I noticed that Tritton has recently released 2 new headsets the Tritton Kunai & Tritton Kama but they dont have many (or any) reviews. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
when I played, I would use the Sony Gold headsets with the X1 headset adapter.

you can get the sony golds for around 70 new, was even lower at one point.

the adapter you could buy from me :whistle2:

I've seen price cuts for that headset in the past but never thought about it being compatible with xbox one. As of now I don't have a ps4 but I'm sure that'll change within the next yr so yeah, this headset is definitely a no brainer for that price point...especially since I already own the adapter. Sorry sfabo :)

With the Sony Gold ones, do you get mic monitoring where you can here your own voice as you speak?

Question stands for the PS4 and X1.

I contacted Turtlebeach and they said that the adapter for the X1 does not allow for Mic Monitoring so I was wondering if your Golds have them even natively on the PS4?

Got the Sony golds. Have a few questions though. Since I'm using them for the Xbox one none of the buttons seem to work on the headset, and honestly the headset doesn't even need to be turned on and the wireless adapter doesn't need to be plugged into the Xbox. I assume this is because the controller is powering it since I'm directly plugged in via the adapter? Should this be the case? Is there anyway to turn on the surround sound or adjust from the headset when using with an Xbox one or plugged into an iOS device?

bread's done
Back