Walmart Anniversary Sale Sept. 18th [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart Anniversary Sale start's Thursday September 18th (Walmart changed the start date of their flyer last week to Thursday)

Xbox One + $50 gift Card $399.99

Xbox 360 4GB+ $50 gift Card $129 

PS4 with Last of Us $399 

Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL $159

360 controller $34

PS3 controller $34

Turtle Beach X12 headset $34

Mario Kart 8 $49.94

NHL 15 $49.94

Madden 15 $49.94

Watch Dogs $49.94

Titan Fall $29.94

Thief $29.94

Super Mario 3D world $29.94

Wolfenstein $29.94

infamous Secound Son $29.94

Zelda-The Wind Waker $19.94

GTA V $19.94 

Watch Dogs 360 PS3 $19.94

South Park $19.94

COD Ghost 360 PS3 $14.94

Battlefield 4 360 PS3 $14.94

Just Dance 2014 $14.94

Batman Arkham Origins $14.94

Last edited by a moderator:
NHL 12 probably means NHL 15.

Tempted by Wolfenstein and Second Son at $30 a pop, but we'll see...
It does, says something when it goes on sale less than 2 weeks after launch. It's a yearly sports game, but one I can't remember going on sale near this early especially in Canada.

I'm in for South Park: Stick of Truth. $10 was my pricetag but $15 is good enough.

The new start date feels weird. This is their first flyer (with actual VG sale) that is worth PM at other retail stores; since they changed the weekly flyer start date back in early August to Thursday.

walmart-on-2014-anniversary-event-flyer-september-18-to-24-4.jpg

Nice!  I just made a Kijiji trade for a Wii U last night and now Mario Kart and Wind Waker are on sale.  Love it! Looks like I'm venturing into Wal-Mart this week.  

Anyone know when the online sale starts? Is it 12 AM pacific?

They keep showing a banner on the site saying the sale is on now, and another banner saying it starts in 1 day. 

Meh, Windwaker HD was $10 at Target last month. And GTAV was $15 at Staples. Only note worthy sales are 3D World and Mario Kart 8.

The 360 at $79 once gift card is in is a steal provided you only play retail games.

For the new systems, I think realistically I'm still not comfortable paying more than $300 for a new gaming system right now, given that there is little incentive over last-gen for me anyways.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Couldn't find a copy of Zelda Wind Waker during the Target sale, but $20 is a good enough price to bite on. (Was able to sell my GameCube version locally for $20 so it was basically a free upgrade.)

The 360 at $79 once gift card is in is a steal provided you only play retail games.

For the new systems, I think realistically I'm still not comfortable paying more than $300 for a new gaming system right now, given that there is little incentive over last-gen for me anyways.
Only a deal if you plan on getting the 500gb HDD that's being released later on (It'll be $100).

With 4GB you can't really do much with it since you only end up with just over 2GB after systems which some games require you to install more than that just to play them. Plus add in patches, dlc and future system updates you don't end up with a lot.

Even adding 16GB via usb isn't helpful since unless you're using an external with a power source then it's slow.

Ordered myself a spare 360. They're inevitably going to be discontinued in the near future, and they're never going to get much cheaper than $80 new.

Even adding 16GB via usb isn't helpful since unless you're using an external with a power source then it's slow.
What? You don't need a powered drive to max out that USB2.0 connection. Some bargain USB3.0 stick should be more than sufficient I'd imagine.

Last year they had a bin with unannounced games on sale. I couldn't find one this year. They also didn't even have GTA 5 even though I was the first one there.

I wish the PS4 version of Watch Dogs was 20$, or 30$ at least. I don't know why they think next gen is some kind of magical version that should cost more money.

Infamous is a good deal though.

inFamous will be $19.99 sooner or later. I would wait still. I heard Watchdogs was meh on Ps3, so I don't know if I would bother with that either.

Honestly, this sale is a bit disappointing for me. Considering most of these games were all on sale during Staples clearance and Targets sale last month.

But, for people who missed those deals this is good too.

Ordered myself a spare 360. They're inevitably going to be discontinued in the near future, and they're never going to get much cheaper than $80 new.

What? You don't need a powered drive to max out that USB2.0 connection. Some bargain USB3.0 stick should be more than sufficient I'd imagine.
Huh, each time I connect any usb to my 4GB 360 (Still consider it to be my worst decision gaming wise) it goes extremely slow

Well yeah, the max connection speed on USB2.0 is ~25MB/s. An internal drive should double or triple that. Powering an external drive won't make a spec of difference. Although, it could just be that all your USB drives are
shaq-fu%2196.gif
? Have you googled performance details on them or benchmarked them? There are LOTS of
shaq-fu%2196.gif
thumbdrives out there. I recently got a USB3.0 Kingston Datatraveler that doesn't even hit 10MB/s...

Well yeah, the max connection speed on USB2.0 is ~25MB/s. An internal drive should double or triple that. Powering an external drive won't make a spec of difference. Although, it could just be that all your USB drives are
shaq-fu%2196.gif
? Have you googled performance details on them or benchmarked them? There are LOTS of
shaq-fu%2196.gif
thumbdrives out there. I recently got a USB3.0 Kingston Datatraveler that doesn't even hit 10MB/s...
It's the console not the drives, at times it even slows down with just a controller plugged in to charge >_>;, (As a side note the 360 is full)

Sennyize, I was at Walmart the other day here in Vancouver and they had the new 500 GB hard drive for xbox 360...I have been waiting for this as I have been using a bunch of 32 gb thumb drives for games for gold, etc. This will be nice to replace all those! It is selling for $129.99, not bad consider the 250 gb was way more when it first released, though still a bit high. I was hoping to trade in my 320 gb hard drive and put it towards the 500, but no EBs seem to have it yet, which sucks....

Are you not talking about load times? I've never noticed whatever you're describing.
I guess you could call it load times since when I plug a usb into it the menus freeze up (after some fiddling and switching which usb I'm using it sometimes lets me use the menus)

Sennyize, I was at Walmart the other day here in Vancouver and they had the new 500 GB hard drive for xbox 360...I have been waiting for this as I have been using a bunch of 32 gb thumb drives for games for gold, etc. This will be nice to replace all those! It is selling for $129.99, not bad consider the 250 gb was way more when it first released, though still a bit high. I was hoping to trade in my 320 gb hard drive and put it towards the 500, but no EBs seem to have it yet, which sucks....
The MSRP for the 320 GB is $130 and $110 for the 500GB according to http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Accessories/HardDrives (Then again Canada has been getting a higher MSRP for stuff so it's possible you did see the 500GB)

But the 500GB isn't out yet. Although I'm slightly tempted to just get a new 360 when the ones that naturally include the 500gb drive comes out and trade my 4gb model for the few pennies I'd get after the license transfers are done.

I guess you could call it load times since when I plug a usb into it the menus freeze up (after some fiddling and switching which usb I'm using it sometimes lets me use the menus)

The MSRP for the 320 GB is $130 and $110 for the 500GB according to http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Accessories/HardDrives (Then again Canada has been getting a higher MSRP for stuff so it's possible you did see the 500GB)

But the 500GB isn't out yet. Although I'm slightly tempted to just get a new 360 when the ones that naturally include the 500gb drive comes out and trade my 4gb model for the few pennies I'd get after the license transfers are done.
The 500 GB hd IS out...they are selling it at Walmart in New Westminster, BC....I saw it with my own eyes a few days ago lol, it is $ 129.99

bread's done
Back