* * * - - 5 votes

Dell: Assassins Creed Unity Collectors Edition - 59.99

#271 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3304 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

I hate slickdealers. I like some of the deals, but the people can all go burn in a locked church on Christmas Eve for all I care... :pray: They ruin so many good things. They're a scourge on the deals community. I've spotted so many good deals that, twenty minutes later some dumbass pops on slickdeals to build his useless "rep," and next thing you know the deal's dead. So much for letting anyone I know get in on those deals...

Isn't this what CAG is doing just on a smaller scale?  The only thing that makes Slickdeals "worse" is because it happens to be bigger than CAG.  The people and how they act are essentially the same.

#272 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2652 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

Isn't this what CAG is doing just on a smaller scale?  The only thing that makes Slickdeals "worse" is because it happens to be bigger than CAG.  The people and how they act are essentially the same.

Slickdeals has somewhat of a tumorous growth, and that's this group of people who have a seemingly obsessive compulsive desire to buy anything and everything that's labeled a "deal." The whole community isn't bad, but these people annoy the hell out of me; hence why I now hate slickdealers.  :evil:

#273 Rconnect  

Rconnect

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

don't bother best buy won't price match

Best Buy price matched for me no problem.

#274 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

Best Buy price matched for me no problem.

was that before or after the memo came out

#275 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

Oh, I'm almost positive they don't give a quater of a Fuck about complaints for their side business. The only complaint that scares them is if you are corporate buying their servers in bulk.

Nope. They don't even care then.  You order $36,000 worth of servers and equipment and they send them to you all pre-configured wrong with wrong hardware and they say (in a pathetic attempt at an American accent) "we are so sorry, we will give you a $25 credit voucher on a future purchase through us, thank you for your business" and then hang up on you...

And that's their "PREMIER/ELITE" Business contracts! :facepalm:

#276 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Nope. They don't even care then.  You order $36,000 worth of servers and equipment and they send them to you all pre-configured wrong with wrong hardware and they say (in a pathetic attempt at an American accent) "we are so sorry, we will give you a $25 credit voucher on a future purchase through us, thank you for your business" and then hang up on you...

And that's their "PREMIER/ELITE" Business contracts! :facepalm:

That's why I said in bulk, $36,000 is hardly worth their attention. You have to have million dollar contracts I presume, and let them know you will take your business to Oracle or IBM anytime. [rant] I bought servers for my research group spending well above 50K, they sent me the wrong model. I had to drag it back to the UPS store for replacement, and they sent the correct one with the wrong mounting rack. Took two weeks to finally find someone who knows half a damn about servers to give me a stupid rack. No compensation whatsoever. And that's just my business buying experience with them. I have tons of other stories for my personal buying experience because the GCs I accumulated from buying all those servers. I finally said Fuck it last year and gave all my GCs to others in my group.[/rant]

#277 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   2225 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

I will say Dell is one of the worth companies ever. I bought a laptop from there a few years ago during a sale for my girlfriend for a Christmas present (sale was like a pre-Black Friday sale or something). Did not get it until March! They just kept telling me different stuff all the time.

They said it was shipped via UPS - but they had no tracking number or proof

It would be there tomorrow

I'll get it ASAP

and finally just you have to wait til next week. That kept happening again and again and again

I sent an e-mail to their executive team and I got some guy calling me from their higher up CS division and when all was said and done he wanted to know if I was happy. I said of course not. It was a disaster. He said the best he could do for me was offer me 15% off my next computer purchase (within like 6 months).

Awful awful company. I would only buy from them if it is a mistake and they are taking a screwing. They are pretty much the wost compant I've ever dealt with.

#278 leeyum   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

Well, you asked them. Now have your CC provider decline the charge. Or while you're on the phone tell them that's what you're going to do. How can an order be "in production' when the item ordered doesn't release for over a month?  :wall:

Better yet, dispute the charge after the item is sent and use your chat as evidence that you demanded the order be canceled, as well as a screenshot of the page detailing how they didn't even send the item you agreed to purchase when you confirmed the purchase.  :D/

Right on, Thank you for all the information! Will try it today, since I haven't had down time for calling customer care. Should I contact my CC first before even dealing with dell to decline the charge?

#279 C-Zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

I will say Dell is one of the worth companies ever. I bought a laptop from there a few years ago during a sale for my girlfriend for a Christmas present (sale was like a pre-Black Friday sale or something). Did not get it until March! They just kept telling me different stuff all the time.

They said it was shipped via UPS - but they had no tracking number or proof

It would be there tomorrow

I'll get it ASAP

and finally just you have to wait til next week. That kept happening again and again and again

I sent an e-mail to their executive team and I got some guy calling me from their higher up CS division and when all was said and done he wanted to know if I was happy. I said of course not. It was a disaster. He said the best he could do for me was offer me 15% off my next computer purchase (within like 6 months).

Awful awful company. I would only buy from them if it is a mistake and they are taking a screwing. They are pretty much the wost compant I've ever dealt with.

How many business class Dell products have you bought?

Their consumer side is garbage but their business side is pretty good.

If I buy a Dell laptop , it better be a Precision or in the worst case , a Latitude.

If you buy a consumer laptop from Dell , you are getting their worst service.

#280 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2652 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:57 PM

Right on, Thank you for all the information! Will try it today, since I haven't had down time for calling customer care. Should I contact my CC first before even dealing with dell to decline the charge?

I'd call Dell first and see if I could get it canceled before contacting your CC provider. That's a last resort. Plus, you never know, maybe they'll kick some credit your way. Should things not go well, you shouldn't have a problem with your CC provider, especially if you used a Discover. 

#281 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3602 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

You know you are talking about Dell and not Amazon right? If I had stakes in your well being, my bet is you are going to spend a long time to explain the situation to them, they will lightly apologize and give you a return label. You will need to wast the printer ink/paper to print it, time, energy and gas money to go the post office to mail it back, wait 1+ week(s) for the money to be credited to your credit card. And during all this process, pray that Dell can stop being Dell for once and not screw everything up.

Oh, I'm almost positive they don't give a quater of a Fuck about complaints for their side business. The only complaint that scares them is if you are corporate buying their servers in bulk.

Lol well I have never actually bought from Dell before so I have no idea. But it seems like they've been trying to court the gamer crowd lately with their $25 gift cards for preordering games etc. A mass pissing-off of gamers is going to instantly destroy any goodwill they've built up with the gift card stuff.

#282 LaffyTaffy   Banned Banned   180 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

LaffyTaffy

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:08 PM

I frowned after reading this

Legal Disclaimer: Please note that Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors and reserves the right to cancel any orders arising from such errors.  The amount of tax and shipping added to your order depends on where you have asked for the product to be shipped as well as on which products and/or services you've chosen to purchase. Your order is subject to Dell's Terms and Conditions of Sale which include a binding arbitration provision.

#283 qualityman13  

qualityman13

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

I called to cancel and the guy check with his supervisor then assured me I would get the collectors edition, logged my call in the system and gave me a case number. He said if I do not get the collectors edition they will send it to me.... I guess I will wait and see

#284 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

Dear Dell Customer,

Due to a system error, the Assassin’s Creed: Unity Collector’s Edition was improperly listed on our site.  Unfortunately Dell will not be receiving any inventory of this product and we will not be carrying this product in the future and we are unable to process your order number(691128363).

We value you as a Dell customer and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Regards,

Dell Order Management.

Just got emailed out.

#285 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3602 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yeah got the email too. Oh well.  They're still holding my Paypal funds, guess I'll give it a few days and see what happens there.

#286 nintendotim   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

nintendotim

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

Just got the email myself. Considering this line:

we are unable to process your order number

This tells me the order is flat-out cancelled, but I'd like to have confirmation on that.

#287 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, got the same e-mail (twice). Gift card balance is down to $0, so I'll have to bug them about that. Sigh. Why did I even bother?

#288 Johnnybeachboy   Need a CHEAP PS VITA CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Johnnybeachboy

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thank god, now i dont need to harrass their customer service to get a cancellation. Best Buy ftw as always. 

#289 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

order got canceled and got the email. i contacted dell online customer service and got $50 coupon for future use. well, i guess they will not easily cancel my future orders. dont just let it slide folks!

#290 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13138 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Can't believe they won't even give a $10 credit for this...

#291 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22459 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

Can't believe they won't even give a $10 credit for this...

That's nothing. 

I used a $25 egiftcard from a prior promo and they didn't even give me that balance back. 

#292 LaffyTaffy   Banned Banned   180 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

LaffyTaffy

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

order got canceled and got the email. i contacted dell online customer service and got $50 coupon for future use. well, i guess they will not easily cancel my future orders. dont just let it slide folks!

Mine got cancelled too. What'd you say to get the $50?

#293 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

Mine got cancelled too. What'd you say to get the $50?

they originally offered me $30, then i said no i wanted $50, if they dont give me that i will cancel my existing $70 fifa order and never buy from them again. Then they sucked my dick.

#294 fitnessplus07  

fitnessplus07

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:24 AM

did anyone get a email with a lame excuse for canceling unity collector edition from dell.com. it says they are no longer going to stock the collector edition and will not be charged for the preorder. thats bulls@#$#t!

the made an error and now are not living up to there mistake.

#295 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

Just got emailed out.

Dear Dell Customer,

Due to a system error, the Assassin’s Creed: Unity Collector’s Edition was improperly listed on our site.  Unfortunately Dell will not be receiving any inventory of this product and we will not be carrying this product in the future and we are unable to process your order number(691128363).

We value you as a Dell customer and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Regards,

Dell Order Management.

Just got emailed out.

Yeah got the email too. Oh well.  They're still holding my Paypal funds, guess I'll give it a few days and see what happens there.

Just got the email myself. Considering this line:

This tells me the order is flat-out cancelled, but I'd like to have confirmation on that.

Yeah, got the same e-mail (twice). Gift card balance is down to $0, so I'll have to bug them about that. Sigh. Why did I even bother?

did anyone get a email with a lame excuse for canceling unity collector edition from dell.com. it says they are no longer going to stock the collector edition and will not be charged for the preorder. thats bulls@#$#t!

the made an error and now are not living up to there mistake.

reading can be hard

#296 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6996 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

I sent dell an email, they canceled my order that i put 36 dollars from a gift card on. So hopefully i get that back.

#297 NatiRedGals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

NatiRedGals

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

Lol they wouldn't give me anything they replied said it was my fault and that my credit card was declined that was the reason my order was canceled. He said we can't give you something because it was your fault the order was canceled i said o ok cool so the money was out of my account for what reason then?

#298 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6996 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

Just checked my gift card balance again and the full 36.71 i put on AC Unity is back. I didnt even get an email back to my complaint. So if you had a GC and thought you lost your money on this, you might want to check the balance out.

https://www.chasepay...aces?rid=bhxc1h

#299 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3304 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

Just checked my gift card balance again and the full 36.71 i put on AC Unity is back. I didnt even get an email back to my complaint. So if you had a GC and thought you lost your money on this, you might want to check the balance out.

https://www.chasepay...aces?rid=bhxc1h

I got my gift card funds back today also.  I just wanted to post this as a counter-point to those who say Dell is a bumbling mess.  It may be, but at least this issue resulted in no additional hassle for me and others.  Like others, I didn't get any compensation, but I don't feel there is any good reason for it.

#300 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3602 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

Hmm, the charge is still on my Paypal account, says "pending" still. Those kinds of holds usually go away after a few days but it's been more than a week on this. Did anyone else pay with Paypal?