Premium Service Madden online

Lstorm34

CAGiversary!
did anybody here get a email survey from Ea. This survey talks about premium service for madden online. Whats weird is at the end of the survey they ask about 12 questions about paying for online services to play Madden online. Couple of question went on about how much are you willing to pay to play it on Xbox LIVE. the prices ranged from 3.99-29.99. it had different packages and some included Fantasy football stuff. They also had a choice of "Only play madden online for 4.99 w/ 24hr customer support"

That would really SUCK if they start charging. :eek:

to be honest with you, i thought the 04 version of madden would have been pay to play, with the comments coming from ea, and from sony, about how they will start charging at some point to play. Both companies last summer had talked about the free play on ps2 would stop soon, and that they both saw a way to profit with online play. Both companies also had taked about lowering the intial cost of the game to alleviate the financials on the gamer. I also thought socom 2 would be a test to see how people react to paying to play...I got no problem with paying, as long as the price of games drop to $30 for a new game. I like the Live setup, and i have no problem dropping $5 month for it, it is = to 2 rentals at blockbuster. I like the option they have included, and have talked about implementing. With ea, i like the idea of gambling on your games, if they can make sure the transactions are legit, and get the money from person a to b, i would love that

some of the packages are for hardcore football fans. Like having a real league of 32 different teams, win freestuff from Ea. that package is 29.99 and thats the regular season. they want to charge 9.99-14.99 for the playoffs and 9.99 for the superbowl.

Online gaming should be free, even if it's for the first 3 months. We are already shelling out money for the fucking game itself (usually around $50).

Quite honestly if they plan on charging $30 for the game and $5 a month or whatever to play it online.. I can really see that blowing up in their faces. Anyone who wants to play offline only will buy Madden for $30 while anyone who wants to play online will buy 2K for $50.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Quite honestly if they plan on charging $30 for the game and $5 a month or whatever to play it online.. I can really see that blowing up in their faces. Anyone who wants to play offline only will buy Madden for $30 while anyone who wants to play online will buy 2K for $50.[/quote]

This might be true, but the $30 price tag is something I think we just created here. It might be $40 or $35, we don't know. It might still be $50 but you have to pay to play online....we'll just have to wait and see.

It will still be 50, they will just charge for online services. They better keep it reasonable. I would consider 5 bucks a month but nothing more.

If paying to play online is ONE fee across the board, I don't have a problem with it. Like how Live is set up, where you pay $5 a month and can play all your online games for that price. I stopped playing FFXI after my free trial because I just couldn't justify $13 a month for ONE game. ADDITIONAL to play a freakin card game.

I'd pay $5 a month for a Sony online service, but you will not find me paying $10 PER game.

^^^Agreed.

I play online from time to time, but not all the time. But if they charged for each individual game, I definitely would just be playing offline.

If they want me to pay to play online they better lower the initial cost of the game. I had trouble agreeing to pay for Xbox Live... and now they want me to pay more!!! I would never play Phantasy Star Online for that reason... $17 a month is outrageous.

[quote name='daphatty']Online gaming should be free, even if it's for the first 3 months. We are already shelling out money for the shaq-fuing game itself (usually around $50).[/quote]

that is my biggest problem with it. I would like to play city of heros, but there is no way im gonna pay $40-50 for the game, then a monthly fee. The game should be free!

bread's done
Back