Final Fantasy Anthology (Final Fantasy V & VI) $9.99 on Amazon.com

This series should have died on the PS1. It wore out its welcome a long, long time ago. It's the Dynasty Warriors of RPGs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Great games, but expect your playtime to be doubled because of the terrible load times. Just bringing up your item menu is like a ten second wait. 

How in the world does Amazon have brand new copies of these still sitting around? Also Chrono Cross is $9.99 as well

I remember getting stuck in some tower in FFV... it was the first game I literally gave up on. And that was back in the day, when I was in middle school so it wasn't because of time, but I just couldn't bring myself to continue. 

Plus, that was after I played FFVI so... the game pretty much didn't have a chance. 

The Final Fantasy VI port is a mess. Long load times before/after battles and opening menus, slowdown during battles, butchered music and sound fx. Bleh, that port always left me with a sour taste.

I think I own like three versions of each FFV-VII. Don't know why I'm still tempted to buy these. Nostalgia and wallets don't mix.

Holy heck. I was half as old as I am now when I bought this. :shock:  How the heck are these games still being MADE?!

I am now reminded of the copy I bought on eBay a few years ago for $20, thinking it was rare. It was new, but Greatest Hits. :wall:
The black label ones were the rare copies. Now, with digital copies more readily available, combined with various re-releases...the price came down on them a lot.

This. My understanding was that the PS1 emulation is by software. PS2 emulation is by a chip only in the first gen PS3.
This. I had an 80GB unit upgraded to 160GB bought in 2008 (the last days of PS2 emulation) until it died in Jan, 2013. Ever since then, I switched my PS2 emulation to my gaming PC and kept my PS1 and PS3 stuff on my 160GB->320GB PS3 to play.

This. My understanding was that the PS1 emulation is by software. PS2 emulation is by a chip only in the first gen PS3.
First gen of PS3's play all PS1 and PS2 games; 2nd gen of PS3's play all PS1 games and limited PS2 games; all other gens of PS3 play all PS1 games and only PS2 games purchased via PSN.

I would avoid this version if you actually plan on playing them. The load times are bad and most importantly the translation is shit. Stick with emulation or the gba versions. 

That's not true. PS1 games play on every PS3. That's just referring to the PS2 games.
While it's true that every PS3 plays PS1 games, not every PS1 game runs on PS3. Final Fantasy Origins in particular is problematic as you cant revive in Final Fantasy II without the game crashing.

bread's done
Back