* * * * - 20 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation III

arkham knight bestbuy

#7981 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49874 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

How did they fit the CE in a bubble mailer?

Duh.  Sorry, the BB SB, not BB CE. :wall:

#7982 ck0  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

I got my Witcher CE today and surprised to see the steelbook thrown along inside the shipping box along with the CE.   The bad news is, that it's dented to all hell.  Top corner won't even close due to a dent in the middle front.  

witcher3.jpg

By the way did anyone receive their CE with loose seal stickers?  The box top was practically open due to the 3 circular seal stickers.  I thought someone had opened it up.  Nothing was missing inside.  

#7983 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

I got my Witcher CE today and surprised to see the steelbook thrown along inside the shipping box along with the CE.   The bad news is, that it's dented to all hell.  Top corner won't even close due to a dent in the middle front.  

attachicon.gifwitcher3.jpg

By the way did anyone receive their CE with loose seal stickers?  The box top was practically open due to the 3 circular seal stickers.  I thought someone had opened it up.  Nothing was missing inside.  

Oh god, where did you order from? Mine's still shipping. 

#7984 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

It looks like BB sent my steelbook and PS4 copy in separate boxes/envelopes.

#7985 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3938 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

attachicon.gifwitcher3.jpg

My steelbook came almost looking the same as yours. It doesnt fully close and moves on the hinges. I am mighty pissed and complained everywhere I can...I think I am ok now...

A-Deadly-Affair-Okay.gif#okay%20gif%2062

#7986 ck0  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

Oh god, where did you order from? Mine's still shipping. 

Oh I forgot to mention it was from Best Buy (free one they threw in for pre-orders, not the same one you get from the CE).  

My steelbook came almost looking the same as yours. It doesnt fully close and moves on the hinges. I am mighty pissed and complained everywhere I can...I think I am ok now...

I'm thought about going up to my local Best Buys and ask if I could get a replacement, but the cost of gas deterred me.  (I could call ahead to ask if they even had them in stock, but I'm sure they are clueless and would be wasting my time)

Honestly man, I think I would rather not have this steelbook in possession, because every time I look at it, I'm just reminded of how marred and mangled it is.  It's disappointing to look at because all you see is that imperfection that I can't look past.    I know it's complaining about a freebie, but as a Witcher fan... "it's a damn shame" -- is all I can say about this.

#7987 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11307 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:56 PM

Wow, Amazon actually got my Witcher CE out for delivery today instead of the original Thursday date.

Just wondering where the hell the UPS truck is though, 6PM and still no show, and I dont want them leaving it on my front porch like my 500$ camera that they said I'd have to sign for.....

#7988 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12555 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

Wow, Amazon actually got my Witcher CE out for delivery today instead of the original Thursday date.

Just wondering where the hell the UPS truck is though, 6PM and still no show, and I dont want them leaving it on my front porch like my 500$ camera that they said I'd have to sign for.....

Don't worry you will hear the driver drop it from waist height. :-

#7989 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10073 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

Yesterday, a BB rep posted: 'In regards to the Collector’s Edition pre-orders; Yes, you will also receive the Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook! If your Collector’s Edition is being shipped to your home, the shipment should also include the Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook, aside from the already included Collector’s Edition specific SteelBook. If you’re picking yours up in-store, you’ll receive the SteelBook when you pick up your copy."

I just got my CE from BB.com and the steelbook was thrown in the box. Shockingly, it was not damaged. Not that I care, but there's no title on the spine.

Where can I this post? I may need to reference this. I didn't have any luck searching the forums myself.

Edit nvm found it. Posted by bby Brian

#7990 knight19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

Where can I this post? I may need to reference this. I didn't have any luck searching the forums myself.

Edit nvm found it. Posted by bby Brian

Yeah, I really stayed on them in the forums to clarify the Steelbook for the CE Pre-orders (I'm the one who asked yesterday for them to clarify).  I had to show them my post and BBY-Brian's reply to get my steelbook this morning.

#7991 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

FYI you can OMS order the Witcher 3 collectors in store at Best Buy still

Just because it just came out right? I hope I can do that for batman limited edition when it releases or even better, phantom pain ce. They would also be able to apply a movers coupon too right?

#7992 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11307 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:13 PM

7:15 and still not even a UPS attempt.....I now remember why I hated UPS in this area so much.

They cant even try to say they attempted to deliver because my brother has been doing yardwork most of the day

#7993 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:17 PM

I did a bestbuy.com preorder last year for in store pickup, prior to the steelbook announcement. When I got there after work, my CE was waiting for me. I said I heard it came with a free steelbook, and she nodded, grabbed one out of the fairly decent size box of them they had, and called a manager over to override it to free, since it wasn't on my original receipt. No hassle or argument needed. She just knew that all copies were supposed to be given one.

Of course the poor guy at the terminal next to mine who had preordered the regular edition was given his steelbook, walked away, and then came back because his steelbook was empty. Neither he nor the clerk realized that he needed to be given a copy of the actual game as well. 

#7994 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

Oddly enough no one is selling it via ebay there is one auction and that is the price of the game.

I checked ebay and no one was selling it and if there were, they'd be sold for a high proce so I just ordered the limited edition from amazon uk the other day

#7995 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11307 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

Just chased the UPS truck down and got my CE lol. This thing is huuuuuugeee

Holy crap this CE is epic. Probably one of the best ones I ever brought at the 150$ range. The artbook  is massive, the steelbook is awesome, and the statue is just beautiful.

#7996 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:26 PM

Surprise surprise, all kinds of problems picking up my Witcher 3 PS4 CE for store pickup today.

• Store didnt receive any steelbooks and were adamant that the only steelbook was the one inside the physical CE
  • They screwed up my $10 preorder bonus.  I asked if I could change payment methods to use a couple GC's and the lady said it was no problem but I got home and saw they outright cancelled the order and then resold it to me.
  • Box has VERY noticeable outer damage!  Couldnt do an exchange as it was the only one in the store.

I posted on the forums so hopefully that will help fix some of this.  I really hope they can ship the steelbook to me, I preordered at a Best Biy over an hour from my house cause it was on the way back from an already planned trip.  Would prefer to not have to drive back cause of their own Fuck up.

#7997 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4319 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

This CE is the 2nd biggest I've seen other than the Titanfall CE.

#7998 knight19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:13 AM

Could anyone who is satisfied with their Witcher 3 Statues take a close-up pic of the face so I can compare?  Mine doesn't seem to have pupils and has a darker streak on one side.  I assume it's mispainted (or not completely painted), but if that's what it's supposed to look like...

#7999 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:06 AM

as an update.. My CE that I ordered through OMS this morning already shipped!

Thanks for these OMS posts!!! I OMS'd one about 30 mins ago. Gotta get that GCU discount.

#8000 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:30 AM

Just because it just came out right? I hope I can do that for batman limited edition when it releases or even better, phantom pain ce. They would also be able to apply a movers coupon too right?

Correct, oms allows you to order from warehouse inventory or other store inventory. So you can order from those extras that get shipped around launch. It's rang up in the regular register so you can apply anything that a regular instore purchase would allow

#8001 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:44 AM

don't worry the fedex delivery person will pick up your package

#8002 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

Just chased the UPS truck down and got my CE lol. This thing is huuuuuugeee

Holy crap this CE is epic. Probably one of the best ones I ever brought at the 150$ range. The artbook  is massive, the steelbook is awesome, and the statue is just beautiful.

did you yell after the driver like this one with the fedex driver

#8003 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2751 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:30 AM

They did the same with my preordered PS4. I wasn't too happy...

I do remember locally around this past X-Mas, some people got arrested for following around UPS & FedEx trucks and taking packages off people's porches. To me that's just insane, but this world is messed up now days.

Off topic: When I was younger I use to run all around my neighborhood till 9-10pm in the Summer. Now days I won't even let my kids play outside, in the yard, unless I'm outside with them. It's kind of depressing to actually think about. We live in a scary world nowadays.

#8004 AxyzN  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

Just got home, saw 2 big ass boxes, got excited.  Both were PS4 Witcher 3 CE instead of X1 like ordered a long time ago. WTF BB. Even receipts inside said X1 CE. Both were inside sealed developer box, inside shipping box. BB didn't even opened the fucking developer box to check to make sure they ship me the right game.

#8005 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1994 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:03 AM

Well the XB1 version does has extra swag (the 2 decks of playing cards)... So maybe not a loss.

#8006 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:06 AM

is this one of you guys?

#8007 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2751 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:51 AM

Well the XB1 version does has extra swag (the 2 decks of playing cards)... So maybe not a loss.

Think you read it wrong. He wanted the X1 version but received the PS4 version.

That really sucks though. It's going to be difficult to find a replacement to swap for.

Also yes that's the Steelbook from BB.

#8008 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3503 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:11 AM

I went to Best Buy right at opening this morning hoping they might get an extra Wild Hunt edition but they had none. No one there had a single clue about anything regarding the Witcher 3 besides the normal copies that were sitting on one endcap. Like four employees held their arms up and went around to different parts of the store asking various managers and workers what is the deal with the Steelbooks and where are the special editions. After a number of requests I was able to get them to bring the steelbooks out from the back, and finally the hardcover strategy guides too. They learned that the steelbooks were for pre-orders but after a couple of brief requests I was able to get one as a walk-in. It never hurts to ask nicely and tell them exactly what you want.

In the end I was able to score the game, a steelbook, and the hardcover guide for $78 after tax.

Which Best Buy lol?

#8009 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6961 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

The stickers might as well not have been there on mine.  They seemed like they lost all their adhesive during whatever shipping process they went thru.  Considering I didn't have any options short of going home empty handed, I didn't say anything. Everything inside was still there so I don't think anyone actually opened the items. 

NISA slowly adding more random stuff to increase prices for vita CE's~

Since they lost the rights to Neptunia they're probably looking for whatever way they can to make some extra $. 

#8010 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

Anyone have a link to info on the LINE group? Please!