* * * * - 20 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation III

arkham knight bestbuy

#9931 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

I really appreciate the post. However, two weeks is still too much. I'm not going to cut them more slack and give them a month between emails to resolve my issue.

Understood.  Just figured I'd share with everyone that they understand the (legitimate) complaints, and are doing everything they can do to fix it.  Sorry your first experience with them went so south. :(

#9932 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:28 AM

Man I really need that batman limited edition to get restocked. They haven't been discontinued have they? Even ESO limited edition isn't getting restocked at BB and my certs expire soon

#9933 tdn327   Chinky CAG CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:36 AM

ESO is still getting restock at BBY, i saw ZERO X1 & PS4 on release day, 1 week later i saw 2 X1 Imperial Ed. and today i saw 4 X1 Imperial Ed, only way to check stock go instore and check inventory around your area. Also saw Batman LE X1

#9934 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1154 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:49 AM

Man I really need that batman limited edition to get restocked. They haven't been discontinued have they? Even ESO limited edition isn't getting restocked at BB and my certs expire soon

Check your local BBY. Mine have 3 (2 PS4/1 XBOX) sitting behind the customer service desk. If they were preorders anyone could freely buy them now since I think they only hold preorders for 7 days.

#9935 ritchardf  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

Check your local BBY. Mine have 3 (2 PS4/1 XBOX) sitting behind the customer service desk. If they were preorders anyone could freely buy them now since I think they only hold preorders for 7 days.

also keep in mind, these things are so big they would have a hard time finding a spot for them. i saw a couple sitting at customer service and, at my store at least, they would have nowhere to put them on the sales floor other than up above on the risers.

#9936 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22543 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:29 AM

Is it possible to change the address, quantity and/or payment method on a pre-order at Bestbuy? I thought there was but seems like I was wrong, unless I'm missing something. 

I'm gonna be moving in a few months and it didn't occur to me that I've got pre-ordres sitting at BBY. 

#9937 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:51 AM

Has anyone ever placed an order at store.bethesda.com? 

I placed an order two weeks ago. They overcharged me by about $90. There is no telephone number so I "opened a ticket" and sent an email. Well, two weeks later, no answer.

I received my product in the mail on the 23rd and it was damaged. I opened an RMA case to return it. Still, no answer. 

I'm going to give them until tomorrow to respond. I'm about to open a charge back with PayPal, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had this experience.

How did they "overcharge" you? Are you saying that when you clicked "Submit Order" they charged you more then what was on that screen? That might be a misunderstanding on your part... I have placed dozens of orders through the THBS sites (EA (when that still existed), Bethesda, Bioware, Gearbox, PvZ, etc.) and I'm not even sure how that is possible.

Did something go on sale after you submitted your order and you're blaming them?

I haven't had to contact them recently but every time I've had an issue they've take care of it within 48 hours. Although being acquired by ThinkGeek (who has inconsistent customer service) I'm sure hasn't helped, and then ThinkGeek being bought by GameStop might be a nail in the coffin in regards to great customer service.

I place hundreds of online orders every year and while I have my fair share of problems I only use a chargeback as a last resort. Maybe your time is more valuable to you but I like being in good standing with PayPal and my CC.

But you did wait 7 calendar days....

#9938 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:51 AM

Is it possible to change the address, quantity and/or payment method on a pre-order at Bestbuy? I thought there was but seems like I was wrong, unless I'm missing something.

I'm gonna be moving in a few months and it didn't occur to me that I've got pre-ordres sitting at BBY.

Cancel and reorder is the easiest if it's still in stock.. If not, you need to call in

#9939 Rick4Life  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

How did they "overcharge" you? Are you saying that when you clicked "Submit Order" they charged you more then what was on that screen? That might be a misunderstanding on your part... I have placed dozens of orders through the THBS sites (EA (when that still existed), Bethesda, Bioware, Gearbox, PvZ, etc.) and I'm not even sure how that is possible.

Did something go on sale after you submitted your order and you're blaming them?

I haven't had to contact them recently but every time I've had an issue they've take care of it within 48 hours. Although being acquired by ThinkGeek (who has inconsistent customer service) I'm sure hasn't helped, and then ThinkGeek being bought by GameStop might be a nail in the coffin in regards to great customer service.

I place hundreds of online orders every year and while I have my fair share of problems I only use a chargeback as a last resort. Maybe your time is more valuable to you but I like being in good standing with PayPal and my CC.

But you did wait 7 calendar days....

I waited 14 days. (and am still waiting)

#9940 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:45 AM

I waited 14 days. (and am still waiting)

Better man than me! I would be fuming by now lol. Why would anyone ask in a questionable way how they overcharged? It's a website which can glitch like every other website run by people that makes mistakes as we all do. To question that because it's never happened to you personally is nuts!

#9941 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2843 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

Meh, sold my arkham knight limited edition stuff. Kept the game, took one look at the statue and threw it on eBay. $47 after fees isn't bad. Plus sold the steelbook, and have the art book up so game is getting close to free. Well maybe like $10 after I sell the artbook.

Did Onechanbara come out today? Thought it was supposed to and isn't it a LE?

#9942 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

ESO is still getting restock at BBY, i saw ZERO X1 & PS4 on release day, 1 week later i saw 2 X1 Imperial Ed. and today i saw 4 X1 Imperial Ed, only way to check stock go instore and check inventory around your area. Also saw Batman LE X1

So is their system not so accurate when they have 3 or less of a game instore? I asked at customer service and apparently no one cancelled their pre order and was told they have none left

#9943 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1006 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

So is their system not so accurate when they have 3 or less of a game instore? I asked at customer service and apparently no one cancelled their pre order and was told they have none left

It varies frpm store to store. But the general rule of thumb is that if there are only a handful of copies of a given item, it would say out of stock online. YMMV whether or not your local store will actually have.

#9944 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3488 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

Did Onechanbara come out today? Thought it was supposed to and isn't it a LE?

Comes out 7/21. I think all launch editions are LEs, but I have no idea what it comes with.

#9945 WhatTheHalcyon  

WhatTheHalcyon

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

Comes out 7/21. I think all launch editions are LEs, but I have no idea what it comes with.

"In North America, the game will be available this summer both digitally and physically via a limited run "Banana Split" retail release, which will include a soundtrack CD, softcover art book featuring art from the game and its Japan-only predecessor, and a free code to download the "Strawberries & Bananas" premium costume."

Basically if you want a physical copy it's the only way to get one.  This is the costume btw, NSFW.  Are the games supposed to be good?

#9946 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49874 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

"In North America, the game will be available this summer both digitally and physically via a limited run "Banana Split" retail release, which will include a soundtrack CD, softcover art book featuring art from the game and its Japan-only predecessor, and a free code to download the "Strawberries & Bananas" premium costume."

Basically if you want a physical copy it's the only way to get one.  This is the costume btw, NSFW.  Are the games supposed to be good?

The definition of costume has gone downhill a bit with that, since it's some random bits from the fruit stand to cover up some naughty bits.

#9947 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:40 AM

Out of curiosity, what video game art books do you consider really high quality? Are you talking about the full size ones from Dark Horse Comics, Titan Books, etc? Or the $300 premium ones that Ballistic Publishing makes?

Well clearly there are varying degree's of quality. I don't expect a Ballistic Publishing level of quality, although I would buy one in a heartbeat if one was actually produced athat level of quality. Personally, I wish we could get an art book that would be in the $60-$75 price range, quality wise, although I would still be content with the quality you see with general art books like The Art of The Mass Effect Universe, the Mass Effect Library Editions (Vol.1 & Vol.2), The Art of Blizzard Entertainment, etc. As long as they offered an edition that included justhe art book and was priced in the $90 range (60 for the game and $30 for the book. Given the overall amount of artwork produced for games, both conceptual and in game, you should see nothing less than 200 pages.  

If developers started releasing such special editions, I would opt for the SE with almost every game I purchased. As is, I can count on one hand how many special editions I have purchased. I just have no interest in cheap art books, cheap statues, or other cheap trinkets that mosSE's contain. I collect statues from companies like Sideshow and replica weapons from companies like triforce so I have no interest in the lower quality statues we see packaged with today's SE games.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people that do enjoy the special editions that are currently being produced so I have no problem with game companies producing them. I just wish they would start offering higher tier SE's, one's that actually contained higher quality collectibles. I would absolutely love it if we saw more replica weapons being produced. If the game developers commissioned companies like Triforce, I would have no problem paying $400+ for such SE's. 

Over the last 5-6 years, we have gradually seen an increase in the number of SE's produced and the overall quality of SE's so I remain hopeful that developers will eventually come to realize thathere is a market outhere for high quality SE's, ones that contain high quality collectibles, like the ones you see made by companies like Sideshow, Weta, Triforce, etc. Again, I have no problem with developers producing special editions like we see today as not everyone is able or willing to spend $300-$400 on a SE game. I just want higher quality options, for people like myself that want higher quality collectibles. I collect art books, statues, and replica weapons so I would be content with any of those items, as long as they were high in quality. 

#9948 Dzey   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:05 AM

Anybody seen Batman Arkham Knight Limited Edition for Xbox One in Best Buy Around So Cal?

#9949 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4319 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

http://blog.talesofg...or-pc-and-more/

Tales of Zestiria CE coming out. Not sure if it's for NA also.

ToZ_Collector_Mockup.jpg

#9950 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

ToZ_Collector_Mockup.jpg

That's pretty awesome. That steelbook is a must have. I just know Tales of CE tend to not be very limited and they drop in price rather quickly. Will have to wait for more details before buying at launch.

#9951 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4319 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

Looks like a metalpak not a steelbook

#9952 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:07 PM

If the game developers commissioned companies like Triforce, I would have no problem paying $400+ for such SE's. 

They HAVE commissioned Triforce on numerous CEs and the figure has come out like garbage on nearly every one.  They apparently don't have a good "mid tier" quality I guess.  But I was thinking about it, and the Titanfall CE (while we were all complaining about it being $250) was really one of the nicest statues I think I've ever seen in a "CE".  It was good quality (especially if you ended up getting it for $100 on Amazon or elsewhere when it dropped in price).

#9953 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

CI5EWeWWwAA24x5.png

#9954 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

If the game developers commissioned companies like Triforce, I would have no problem paying $400+ for such SE's. 

:rofl:

#9955 Vogyn   MMO Junkie CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

ToZ_Collector_Mockup.jpg

Is this my birthday?  :whee:

I want ALL of it. ALL OF IT. 

#9956 TheGame2K5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

TheGame2K5

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

I would absolutely love it if we saw more replica weapons being produced. If the game developers commissioned companies like Triforce, I would have no problem paying $400+ for such SE's. 

I know how you feel, I bet Triforce could have made an awesome batmobile to go with Arkham Knight.....

#9957 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3488 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

I know how you feel, I bet Triforce could have made an awesome batmobile to go with Arkham Knight.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHA!!!!!!

#9958 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10022 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

I would absolutely love it if we saw more replica weapons being produced. If the game developers commissioned companies like Triforce, I would have no problem paying $400+ for such SE's. 

I knew as soon as I read this that the hyenas would start snickering.  What they don't know is that Triforce has higher end product that most people would scoff at and that would never be found in a $100-$200 collector's edition.    I don't think their high-end product is on trial here, but I think it's apparent that their low-end product has been not up to snuff.

#9959 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

I knew as soon as I read this that the hyenas would start snickering.  What they don't know is that Triforce has higher end product that most people would scoff at and that would never be found in a $100-$200 collector's edition.  I don't think their high-end product is on trial here, but I think it's apparent that their low-end product has been not up to snuff.

Yeah, I think most of us all know that they make excellent high-tier productions, but we're mocking their "mid-tier" or "low-tier" statues as being sad.  Then again, come to think of it, there aren't all that many "mid-tier" statues that I really liked other than the KOA SIgnature Edition troll or the Halo Reach statue.  Even the W3 one was poorly painted imo.

#9960 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

CI5EWeWWwAA24x5.png

The figurine should've been the hokage but I guess it's a spoiler