* * * * - 20 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation III

arkham knight bestbuy

#91 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   2225 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

yea can you link that post from the best buy rep for me? Cause when I ordered mine I had it wouldn't let me order through desktop but instead it allowed me to add it through mobile then finish on the desktop site

Here is the response to the most recent post where people were acting what is up:

"If the two of you placed orders for the Batmobile Edition of Batman: Arkham Knight, then rest assured our BestBuy.com support team is aware of the situation. Again, we're looking into the issue and hope to have information for affected customers soon."

On their forum is the giant thread. You can read the ups and downs - everything is there except for a few Reps who deleted their comments telling people that everything was good and you will get your game.

http://forums.bestbu.../785025/page/16

#92 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4219 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Honestly, people are embracing the whole OCD/hoarding/collecting culture of video games today, and if you want proof that it's a growing culture, look how many CEs are coming out today compared to 10 years ago. Every damn game has a CE. They wouldn't make them if it wasn't monetarily beneficial for them to do so.

Now you are seeing the dark side of this. People sitting in front of their computers hitting F5 for hours on end for a game to come in stock. People sitting in front of their phones. People camping outside of stores. Then people see other people doing it and they try to up their game and compete and it snowballs.

and then what is the end game? Sure a lot of people play them, but for a good deal of people, after all that work and frantic buying, the game ends up sitting on a damn shelf, still sealed, never opened or played. Basically, a decoration. That's why I always found it so hypocritical when people would call out flippers for being selfish, and then turn around and order two of a rare CE, so they can keep one sealed and open the other. Basically taking one away from someone that wants one to open and enjoy, so it can sit on a damn shelf and look pretty. Maybe not the magnitude of mass flipping, but don't be hypocritical. That's just as selfish as your regular "buy two, and sell one" flipper.

It is going this way, because you are contributing to it.

#93 mirai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

Nah. The end result is just that game companies earning more money (that they desperately need) and more people putting in disposable income to support the economy. So all is good.

#94 bgrngod   CE/SE/LE/UE/PE/ME whore CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

What prompted that rant?

#95 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

I buy one to open and one to keep sealed for collection regardless of the rarity, it's my hobby. Surely that has to be different than flippers who flips rare CEs for marginal profits.

EDIT: For the sake of the argument, I don't always buy two. Only for my favorite franchises.

#96 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

People are fucking vultures, that's why it's selling out fast.

No, people are fucking flippers. Amazon should restrict one per person. Gettinf ridiculous rhat pre-ordering a CE demands being on the internet 24-7 like a hawk.

Edit: As a collector I buy 2 of everything and no more. Flippers aren't collectors and even then, flipping nets you very little margin per game. I myself earn more an hour than sitting down on a comp on ebay praying my 50+ copies of games sell out in 10 days time or something. Flipping rarely next you a jackpot revenue like alot of flippers hope for.

#97 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

No, people are fucking flippers. Amazon should restrict one per person. Gettinf ridiculous rhat pre-ordering a CE demands being on the internet 24-7 like a hawk.

Edit: As a collector I buy 2 of everything and no more. Flippers aren't collectors and even then, flipping nets you very little margin per game. I myself earn more an hour than sitting down on a comp on ebay praying my 50+ copies of games sell out in 10 days time or something. Flipping rarely next you a jackpot revenue like alot of flippers hope for.

thats just it. i don't know how the heck people can afford to buy 50 collectors edition and then resells them

#98 Banana Peel Assassin   RIP Arcade Infinity CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Banana Peel Assassin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

I didn't know there were so many collectors here. I thought I was the only one here and the rest of you were flippers. :P

#99 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5926 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

thats just it. i don't know how the heck people can afford to buy 50 collectors edition and then resells them

That's the issue.  It essentially costs flippers nothing.  Amazon and most other retailers don't require any deposit to order online.  Flippers can essentially lock up a block of inventory, list it on Ebay and collect the money, paying it off long after release when their credit card bill finally comes due.  

#100 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

I buy one to open and one to keep sealed for collection regardless of the rarity, it's my hobby. Surely that has to be different than flippers who flips rare CEs for marginal profits.

Not really. Hoarding is no better or no worse than flipping IMO. Either way, you're buying more than your share, assuming that it's accepted that each person's share is 1 copy.

Personally, I don't care what people do, flip, hoard, or just buy one. Either way, they're pumping a lot of money into the game industry, which is a good thing for anyone who actually wants to play games. If I miss out on an LE because I wasn't aggressive enough, I'll either live with it or pay a secondary market premium on it if I want it badly enough. Realistically speaking, even with current secondary market markups, video games are one of the cheaper collector's hobbies that one can get into.

#101 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

That's the issue.  It essentially costs flippers nothing.  Amazon and most other retailers don't require any deposit to order online.  Flippers can essentially lock up a block of inventory, list it on Ebay and collect the money, paying it off long after release when their credit card bill finally comes due.  

but ebay says you can't sell preorders that you don't own. or whats with ebay's policy

#102 Banana Peel Assassin   RIP Arcade Infinity CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Banana Peel Assassin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

What's makes it worse is that they literally don't have to lift a finger. They can have separate orders with 2-day shipping sent directly to each of their buyers from amazon.

#103 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Not really. Hoarding is no better or no worse than flipping IMO. Either way, you're buying more than your share, assuming that it's accepted that each person's share is 1 copy.

So that's your definition of hoarding? I only wear one watch, but collects about ten, is that hoarding?

It's hard to be a collector nowadays, flippers ruin our rep/buying opportunities and non-collectors think we are hoarders.

#104 seraph011   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

seraph011

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

I haven't heard anything about a North America release and this close to release and no news yet my best bet will be that it will be a European release only just like the assassin creed revelations CE was

I've been looking around for a while now, too.  Sadly, I do not think it will be coming out in the US.
Only place I have seen it listed is on EB Games in Australia:
https://ebgames.com....n-PlayStation-3

Yeah, was kinda hoping it'll turn up but same thing i was thinking that this late, it might be a Euro release only. Kinda sucks though. =(

#105 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

tagged

#106 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4219 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

Personally, I don't care what people do, flip, hoard, or just buy one. Either way, they're pumping a lot of money into the game industry, which is a good thing for anyone who actually wants to play games. If I miss out on an LE because I wasn't aggressive enough, I'll either live with it or pay a secondary market premium on it if I want it badly enough. Realistically speaking, even with current secondary market markups, video games are one of the cheaper collector's hobbies that one can get into.

I agree with this. People can do whatever they want with the stuff they buy, but when people get all holier than thou about flipping, then theoretically, it's not different than buying one to keep sealed. You are taking one copy away from someone that wanted to open it, enjoy it, and play it. Is that as "bad"(I put that in quotes for a reason) as a flipper who buys 30? That's another debate for another time, but the basic premise at hand still remains the same.

There are a variety of ways you can break it down. I can tell someone that they don't need to keep one sealed, and they can respond by saying it's a hobby. I can respond to that by saying, you can still keep the same hobby, except just with opened copies, and they can respond to that by saying it's none of my business how they collect.

On the flip side, someone can tell a flipper they are taking copies away from someone else, and the flipper can respond and say they are hard up for money, they need cash, and this is a good way for them to make money in tough economic times. That it's capitalism, and this is what the country has embraced.

Point is, I don't think anyone is "above" anyone else.

#107 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

So that's your definition of hoarding? I only wear one watch, but collects about ten, is that hoarding?

It's hard to be a collector nowadays, flippers ruin our rep/buying opportunities and non-collectors think we are hoarders.

My definition of hoarding, from a collecting standpoint, is buying more than one of the same item. If your 10 watches are of the same make and model, then I consider it hoarding. If they are not, then I don't.

#108 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

My definition of hoarding, from a collecting standpoint, is buying more than one of the same item. If your 10 watches are of the same make and model, then I consider it hoarding. If they are not, then I don't.

Well, we are on polar opposites then. My definition of hoarding, and the view of collecting vs. hoarding vs. flipping is drastically different than yours. This argument most likely reach a friendly ending and you will never understand this collection habit so I will just drop it. I still firmly believe if there are only collectors and no flippers, everybody would be able to get what they want and the collectors like myself will use our money to fuel the industry. 

#109 ghost1914  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Lol didn't realize buying TWO of something was hoarding. Man I feel bad for all those household cleaners I hoard.

#110 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Well, we are on polar opposites then. My definition of hoarding, and the view of collecting vs. hoarding vs. flipping is drastically different than yours. This argument most likely reach a friendly ending so I will just drop it. I firmly believe if there are only collectors and no flippers, everybody would be able to get what they want and the collectors like myself will use our money to fuel the industry.

This isn't an argument. I'm offering my definition of hoarding because I was asked to. I have no judgment of hoarders, flippers, or any collectors for that matter. I've done all of these things myself in hobbies, though I have not yet flipped a video game, I have to admit.

#111 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

Lol didn't realize buying TWO of something was hoarding. Man I feel bad for all those household cleaners I hoard.

Maybe I should have elaborated on that. If you never open your extra household cleaner and just keep it sealed on your shelf, then yeah, I would consider it hoarding. If you open it and use it after you finish your current supply, then I wouldn't.

Things are a little bit tricker when you bring consumable goods in as examples, because they are commonly bought in bulk to save on costs. A game CE, on the other hand, isn't going to get "used up".

#112 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hoarders are trash monster people who never give / throw anything away and continually accumulate more and more shit until they end up on A&E's hit TV show Hoarders with their house buckling under the weight of all the garbage.

People who buy two of the same game and leave like a collectors edition unopened or whatever are NOT hoarders.

#113 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Hoarders are trash monster people who never give / throw anything away and continually accumulate more and more shit until they end up on A&E's hit TV show Hoarders with their house buckling under the weight of all the garbage.

People who buy two of the same game and leave like a collectors edition unopened or whatever are NOT hoarders.

There's no comparison between the two. The people on that A&E show are far more extreme than what we are talking about here. It still doesn't change the fact that if I buy 2 copies of a CE and leave one sealed, I'm hoarding the sealed one.

#114 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

This thread is gonna be a bloobath when the inevitable MGSV and FFXV CE's come out.

#115 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

This thread is gonna be a bloobath when the inevitable MGSV and FFXV CE's come out.

t

hats if AMerica gets one

#116 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

All of these ordering issues and complaints can be avoided if these companies just go back to producing enough CEs to satisfy consumer demand.

#117 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

t

hats if AMerica gets one

Why in the everloving crap wouldn't we get those?! :twoguns:

#118 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

Why in the everloving crap wouldn't we get those?! :twoguns:

idk im just saying if, we may or may not. i can't tell what brings to us in the future

#119 psihog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

All of these ordering issues and complaints can be avoided if these companies just go back to producing enough CEs to satisfy consumer demand.

I think they're in tough spot too. How do you judge consumer demand when flippers are involved? make enough just for gamers and non-gaming flippers like SDers will buy them all and sell back to gamers. If they make too many copies, flippers won't bite and the CE will overstock.

Gamers have flip/collect/trade/hoard games for a long time. It's nothing unusual. Problem comes when you add all the non-gaming flipping community.

#120 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

Yeah, we should get one. Might be a crappier version than what Japan gets. Then it's the internal debate of "should I eat dinner or import the CE" all over again :bomb: