* * * * - 20 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation III

arkham knight bestbuy

#2641 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2206 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Can't really think of many potential CE's I'd be that interested in going forward aside from Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Persona 5. Doubt Persona gets one, though. The former two may. Either way, announcements of CEs from either would be months down the line. I'm still skeptical of all of them coming out in NA 2015 in the first place.

Idk about Persona 5.    I mean there was P4Golden LE, PersonaQ LE, Persona 3 Artbook and Soundtrack version.   its possible P5 LE would happen and if so...    they will take my money.

#2642 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2206 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:10 AM

Please Note - Does not change into a working Playstation - for decoration only. 

deal breaker!

#2643 Cloudx9  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

Please Note - Does not change into a working Playstation - for decoration only.

deal breaker!

Man was about to preorder 10 of these, then saw that disclaimer. Dissapointment, now I gotta find other ways to feed my kids!!!

#2644 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2206 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:33 AM

Have to admit, pretty Fuck in' cool. 

Not worth the money to me, but very nifty.

If I was Notch i'd buy them

#2645 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

I preordered the Zelda Monopoly game with trade credit and the money was not removed. I assumed it had so I ended up spending the rest of that card before release. I never got the game and the transaction is in limbo.

So no, they don't take your credit when you order.

Thanks I will just take the cards and put them away for now so I don't accidentally use them

#2646 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:10 AM

I preordered the Zelda Monopoly game with trade credit and the money was not removed. I assumed it had so I ended up spending the rest of that card before release. I never got the game and the transaction is in limbo.

So no, they don't take your credit when you order.

They actually do take gift card/trade credit as payment.  The weird thing is for pre-orders, they treat it kinda like a credit card.  I think they check if your cards can cover the balance, then its paid for near release.  The problem is the balance of cards don't change until near release, so you need to remember not to use those cards or make sure there is enough to pay the balance.

I suggest just going in-store to pre-orders if you use cards because the payments are made right then.

#2647 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4420 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

Idk about Persona 5.    I mean there was P4Golden LE, PersonaQ LE, Persona 3 Artbook and Soundtrack version.   its possible P5 LE would happen and if so...    they will take my money.

Maybe they'll release a first run LE... with like a soundtrack and artbook or something, but I doubt we'll get an actual CE. But it's possible.

#2648 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:22 AM

Maybe they'll release a first run LE... with like a soundtrack and artbook or something, but I doubt we'll get an actual CE. But it's possible.

I'm actually expecting a LE/CE for P5 too.  As much as I love them, and hate admitting it, Atlus has been doing a lot of cash grabs lately, so I can't imagine them passing up the extra money on one of their biggest series.  Plus like Oregon mentioned, they have been releasing a special edition for most of the Persona series.   Of course this is a biased opinion tho lol, since I really want to see a nice CE for P5.  I'm hoping they do a red steelbook with the image from the teaser splash page (the chairs and balls and chains).  

#2649 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

Since you guys care about LE so much and somewhat game related.

MEGA DRIVE Megatron

Playstation Optiums

That is a cool idea. Kudos to who came up with that

#2650 booni3  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

So, I guess it's like confirmed that if you tried and failed to obtain the MM n3DS in-store at GameStop you can still get it in store. People have done it and I just saw this in my inbox: 

"Dear,

Our records indicate you recently tried to place order ###  in one of our stores, but experienced trouble when trying to provide payment. We sincerely apologize for the issues concerning your order, as well as for any frustration this has caused. A GameStop representative will be calling you to resolve the issue and fund your order by close of business on Monday, January 19th. Please note that all orders must be funded by this date. Orders not funded by close of business on Monday may be canceled.  If you do not wish to wait for a call from us, please feel free to call us at 1-800-883-8895 for assistance.  An agent will be standing by to assist you with your order.

Your business is extremely important to us. Thank you so much for your understanding and patience while we resolve this issue.

Always remember that we are here for you. You may reach us at 800-883-8895. Our hours are 8 AM – 10 PM CST Monday – Saturday, or 8 AM to 8 PM CST on Sundays. 

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop.com"

#2651 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3010 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

i bet newegg is just building their own bundle consisting of the mario amiibo and the game, you won't get the LE box.  their product wording is wrong anyways, the amiibo with the mario party 10 LE is not exclusive to that package, its the exact same amiibo you will can buy for msrp and is being released the same day as mp10

they aren't marketing it as the limited edition, they are saying its a bundle.  and they don't have the image up yet either.  in summary your honor, the prosecution has no case.  the defense rests.

watching all that good wife really pays off

image shows the limited edition box now

#2652 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2853 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:40 AM

Ohh snap new LE went up, you'll know if you're on my pm list!

Edit: Didn't think anyone would actually PM me. It was a joke, sorry.

#2653 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Jesus... why is every CE literally selling out within hours lately? I missed Type-O and MM CEs and now the MP10 CE...

Not to split hairs, but last I checked the Type 0 CEs are still available from SE's online store.

#2654 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22756 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

Not to split hairs, but last I checked the Type 0 CEs are still available from SE's online store.

Given what happened with the KH2.5 HD CEs, I'm not gonna be ordering from them ever again. 

#2655 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:09 AM

Given what happened with the KH2.5 HD CEs, I'm not gonna be ordering from them ever again.

Mine came in about the same condition as the CEs I get from Amazon and BB on average, not great, not terrible. GS, in spite of other CS issues I have with them, do manage to get their CEs to me in better condition on average than the rest.

#2656 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2248 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

Mine came in about the same condition as the CEs I get from Amazon and BB on average, not great, not terrible. GS, in spite of other CS issues I have with them, do manage to get their CEs to me in better condition on average than the rest.

Yeah, GS really does seem to have a better track record for shipping CEs.

#2657 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14491 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, GS really does seem to have a better track record for shipping CEs.

Well minus DA: Inquisition. :)

#2658 Nesmaster75   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Nesmaster75

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

I was actually just going to FINALLY order Type-0 from them, but now I'm debating again. Were the KH2 CEs packaged poorly?

#2659 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:56 AM

Surprisingly mine came fine.

#2660 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

Well minus DA: Inquisition. :)

The way that CE was manufactured, no packing job could have saved it. Unless the retailer in question opened the CE and re-packed all the contents separately from the box.

#2661 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

I was actually just going to FINALLY order Type-0 from them, but now I'm debating again. Were the KH2 CEs packaged poorly?

packaged in very flimsy boxes and a very tight snug fit with no padding of any kind which mean whatever damage the shipping box got the CE got to. 

#2662 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

Surprisingly mine came fine.

Yeah, the packing job was actually better than what I usually get from Amazon.

Even more surprisingly for me, stuff from Digital River came in better condition on average than Amazon, BB, and my limited experience with Pepita even though the packing job didn't really look any better. Maybe I just had better luck with their chain of carriers not abusing the package.

#2663 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

I remember ages ago, you had to log on to CAG to see the deals page. If you weren't approved, then you can'y view deals. Worked good for awhile until more people signed up for CAG, and posted the deals ala SD or FW. I don't know if posting a deal to select few would work. The only way I see it if CAG, got a Insider membership where signing up for $20/year gets you exclusive access to deals on a "private" forum for a few hours before being released to the mass public. That could deter more lurkers, flippers, but than again CheapyD relies on web hits to get revenue. Why doesn't Cheapy adopt GAF's model of havinf ads on the site to generate revenue instead of just hits.

#2664 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19979 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

I remember ages ago, you had to log on to CAG to see the deals page. If you weren't approved, then you can'y view deals. Worked good for awhile until more people signed up for CAG, and posted the deals ala SD or FW. I don't know if posting a deal to select few would work. The only way I see it if CAG, got a Insider membership where signing up for $20/year gets you exclusive access to deals on a "private" forum for a few hours before being released to the mass public. That could deter more lurkers, flippers, but than again CheapyD relies on web hits to get revenue. Why doesn't Cheapy adopt GAF's model of havinf ads on the site to generate revenue instead of just hits.

CAG main source of income is people buying through referral links, so you idea won't work.

#2665 booni3  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

Yes. Mine came in a large box with no padding whatsoever IIRC and there are numerous reports of damaged boxes

#2666 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

Yes. Mine came in a large box with no padding whatsoever IIRC and there are numerous reports of damaged boxes

packaged in very flimsy boxes and a very tight snug fit with no padding of any kind which mean whatever damage the shipping box got the CE got to. 

LOL. This is why I love CAG and IMHO most of the complaints are more of a reflection of the OCD buyer then the manufacturer.

Also, if the product is damaged because the shipping box is damaged why are we blaming anyone but the shipping carrier?

This is coming from someone who had no issue with his two KH 2.5 CE's.

And let's not forget they have or are in the process of sending out replacement boxes.

#2667 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

LOL. This is why I love CAG and IMHO most of the complaints are more of a reflection of the OCD buyer then the manufacturer.

Also, if the product is damaged because the shipping box is damaged why are we blaming anyone but the shipping carrier?

This is coming from someone who had no issue with his two KH 2.5 CE's.

And let's not forget they have or are in the process of sending out replacement boxes.

yes damages happen cause of poor handling by the carriers used but also keep in mine it the sellers responsibility to package well to minimize those damages. Otherwise if shipping damages are held toward the shippers only and not the retailers there selves then honestly retailers might as well just say screwed boxes and ship small CE and LE in plain vanilla envelops and send big CE and LEs as is with just a shipping label on the side

And since LEs and CEs do cost more then standard games it should be a given that extra care is given vs if it was a cheaper vanilla copy

#2668 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

http://www.zeldainfo...ng#.VLrub0fF98F

best buy is issuing refunds and making the Majoras Mas 3ds xl to 1 LIMIT PER CUSTOMER

#2669 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

best buy is issuing refunds and making the Majoras Mas 3ds xl to 1 LIMIT PER CUSTOMER

They been saying that but no proof that anyone got multiple orders cancelled.

#2670 Cloudx9  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

I wonder if they used that same source from reddit lol. I called BB and they don't seem to know anything about it.