Anker® Astro Mini 3000mAh External Battery for 11.99 USD w/code on Amazon

RyokoYaksa

CAGiversary!
ankerastrominihero-mh.jpg

US buyers, 11.99 USD with $5 off coupon code ASTROMIN

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4IIDHQ/

Amazon currently has these mini USB battery supplies with a nice coupon code at checkout for an undetermined limited time. Pricing is valid only for the 3000mAh version of the batteries, not the 3200mAh version that just rolled out. Color choices for this promotion include Silver, Blue, and Pink. You can use this to charge a lot of portable devices taking a USB charge cable, not simply just your phone. I picked up one of these a while ago for about $15 and currently use it with my 3DS with a USB charger cable to keep it going along with my phone over a long outing.

This is the lowest price I've ever seen on this product. It's a quality battery too, so pick them up while the coupon is good. No date is specified for the end of the promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
How good is it? I always wanted a battery bank to charge my iPhone 4s, would it charge it fully from zero? Bought a cheap one off ebay, it worked until the connectors detached from the casing, now they float around inside of it. Just need a way to get them to stick to the casing.

Sadly Canadians get a worse deal, its $25 in Canada, with a promo code ANKASTRO for $6 off. 

I'm sorry to hear that Canadians aren't getting quite as good a deal on this. I'll reflect that in the upper post.

How good is it? I always wanted a battery bank to charge my iPhone 4s, would it charge it fully from zero?
The build quality and warranty service are very highly rated amongst people to have owned it for a while. As for charge capacity, according to this owner this particular battery can offer 1.2 charges to an iPhone 5 before needing to be recharged itself. I can't imagine the internal battery of the iPhone 5 being far off from an iPhone 4s.

For charging a 3DS XL, I depleted the battery for it until it went into auto shut off then let the Astro Mini charge it up. It has just enough capacity to fully charge a depleted 3DS XL battery. It was only able to continue charging another 3DS for about 10 minutes before it ran out of energy, but it's good enough for a full charge of the XL.

I'll probably pick it up, just curious where did you get your 3ds usb charging cable?

Picked mine off ebay for cheap ( I like cheap but usually cheap means poop ) and I find that the charging cable gets really hot, when using a battery bank or usb outlet.

I got mine off ebay as well, but went for a specific model as I needed it to be longer than 1 meter to be able to comfortably play + charge with the battery in my backpack. Most USB cables for the 3DS are too short for that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171229849108

After receiving them I noticed the build feels pretty sturdy and didn't notice the heating problem you described when I was using it to charge from a USB wall outlet or the USB power bank. It's pricier than others but it definitely has a rugged feel to it.

Ordered the charging cable, I usually get the top bunk at cottages so this will let me lay in bed with the cable reaching instead of huddling near the edge just to have connection. Can you charge and play at the same time?

I ordered the battery bank too. ^^ I usually get Amazon packages in 2 days with saver shipping since I'm so close to their shipping center.

Ordered the charging cable, I usually get the top bunk at cottages so this will let me lay in bed with the cable reaching instead of huddling near the edge just to have connection. Can you charge and play at the same time?
As long as the power source you provide to the cable has around the same output capability as the official AC adapter (900mAh @4.6V), there's no reason why the USB charge cable shouldn't be able to charge and play at the same time just like the official adapter. I personally use a 5V 1.0A USB wall plug and this power bank with the cable in and they both allow for the 3DS battery to (slowly) build a charge while playing it. Check your USB wall plug output to make sure it's in the 900mAh - 1.0A range just in case.

Looks like the links to the product pages changed for some reason. I updated them in the post.

It also appears this deal is no longer valid on Amazon.ca

bread's done
Back