Newegg Xbox 360 250G Holiday Bundle (old one) + $40 Xbox live codes $199

Not a bad deal if you need a system.
...or another spare. I think my spate of RRODs with the "fat" systems still has me paranoid about these things dying on a whim. Granted, I haven't had a RROD since the slims came out, but before that I had twenty in three years' time. (I was running a PC and console gaming center back then in addition to my computer repair shop.)

I've got 2 spare Stars Wars R2D2 systems (used, but with replacement new hard drives) and a brand new holiday bundle 250GB like the one in the OP. I don't know if I need to have another unplayed one on hand, but the bonus MS $ makes it a little more tempting.

...or another spare. I think my spate of RRODs with the "fat" systems still has me paranoid about these things dying on a whim. Granted, I haven't had a RROD since the slims came out, but before that I had twenty in three years' time. (I was running a PC and console gaming center back then in addition to my computer repair shop.)

I've got 2 spare Stars Wars R2D2 systems (used, but with replacement new hard drives) and a brand new holiday bundle 250GB like the one in the OP. I don't know if I need to have another unplayed one on hand, but the bonus MS $ makes it a little more tempting.
Here's a form to fill out to see if you should get another one*

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/hoarding-buried-alive/about-the-show/hoarding-casting.htm

* form may also be used as an application to be contacted by TLC for the show Hoarders: Buried Alive

Pretty good deal. Not in the market myself but I would really think we should see some $150 deals come Black Friday. 

Here's a form to fill out to see if you should get another one*

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/hoarding-buried-alive/about-the-show/hoarding-casting.htm

* form may also be used as an application to be contacted by TLC for the show Hoarders: Buried Alive
I'll have to admit that gave me a chuckle. Touche.

Not a hoarder here by any means. In fact, when we closed up the game center, we liquidated our console and game inventories and used them to buy Nintendo DS handheld systems and game libraries for several children's hospitals through Penny Arcade's Child's Play charity. Here's a link: http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ .

Granted, I haven't had a RROD since the slims came out, but before that I had twenty in three years' time.
Did you play your Xbox for 15 hours a day straight every day in a boiler room? I had mine go once, and that was after like 80 hours of obsessive Oblivion play time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you play your Xbox for 15 hours a day straight every day in a boiler room? I had mine go once, and that was after like 80 hours of obsessive Oblivion play time.
It was pretty close! I don't know if you read those were in a LAN gaming center environment, so they got tons of use. I had sixteen 360s in operation at any given time, along with four PS3s, four Wii consoles, and ten PCs in about a 2800 square foot facility. I know even with the Jasper chipset in the later fat 360s the problem was far less frequent.

For what it's worth, my son's launch system only died last year, and he would play sometimes 10-12 hours a day on the weekends. It was a beast. All I did for maintenance was to upgrade the original 20GB hard drive twice (120GB taken from an Elite, and then a 250GB).

bread's done
Back