The Legacy Of Eric Holder.

Sarang01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm starting a topic here on Eric Holder and his legacy given his resignation.  I figure we can discuss his pros and cons here.

I'm strongly on the cons side here.  This man basically followed the track record of the Bush Administration on the wiretapping as well as expanded it, increased drone provisions and went after whistleblowers with a passion.

I won't disagree with how he helped the Black community in regards to holding up the Voting Rights Act(might have got the name wrong) and other things to help the same community.  In general though I don't feel his achievements in this area even slightly overweigh the cons of all the negative things he did.

If it wasn't Holder on the job, and he didn't uphold the voter's rights act, we'd lambast the fuck player.

He was basically a bedfellow for the Washington elite. He may have pushed for that, but he sure fucked up on a lot of other things. Before this week's revelations as seen in This American Life, his Justice Department had warehouses of evidence of misdeeds by his Wall Street buddies. Did he take down HSBC and other companies for dealing with Mexican drug dealers? No, he shook them down as well as a shopkeeper could do with shoplifting kid in candy store.

He had ample opportunity to fix the fuck up that was the gunrunning operation. Did he no. He decided to keep it running along.

He wasn't that good of a Attorney General, and like those that preceded him, and those that will probably succeed him, they will keep that dysfunctional political machine chugging along, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, whatever.

Wow!!!!  Dohdough liked your comment.  I thought he'd kiss Holder's ass like Dyson did on "Democracy Now".  Good to see you have integrity and aren't trying to give Holder a pass because he's Black and held up the voting rights act as such.

I absolutely depise Holder and think he is one of the worst Attorney Generals ever.

However it is clear Obama loved him because he would do whatever he wanted for him and would lie and repeatedly cover up Benghazi and IRS scandals. We don't even know what else is out there that we have not found yet but it is just scary to think about.

I am sure Obama is sad to see a guy like Holder go who was so loyal to him.

Wow!!!! Dohdough liked your comment. I thought he'd kiss Holder's ass like Dyson did on "Democracy Now". Good to see you have integrity and aren't trying to give Holder a pass because he's Black and held up the voting rights act as such.
You thought I would praise Alberto "I Don't Recall" Gonzales because he's Chicano? And I assume John Ashcroft is sooo cool because he handled things sooo well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!!! Dohdough liked your comment. I thought he'd kiss Holder's ass like Dyson did on "Democracy Now". Good to see you have integrity and aren't trying to give Holder a pass because he's Black and held up the voting rights act as such.
Ummm...ok.

I guess you missed me defending OJ on the sole basis of the color of his skin?

Ummm...ok.

I guess you missed me defending OJ on the sole basis of the color of his skin?
Well given how Dyson, a Black Intellectual, was towing the line I thought you might echo his sentiments. Good to see you be consistent. I can't say the same about other posters on here(they know who they are, specifically a particular one who never responds to my comments).

Eric Holder is one of the greatest racists that the world has ever seen.

Even the guy who threw the chair at Geraldo was less racist.

Well given how Dyson, a Black Intellectual, was towing the line I thought you might echo his sentiments. Good to see you be consistent. I can't say the same about other posters on here(they know who they are, specifically a particular one who never responds to my comments).
I can't say I agree or disagree with his sentiments since I have no idea what they are. Not sure if you noticed, but I've checked out of politics for a little bit. As for my opinion on Holder, he might have shed some light on some issues, but like Obama, he's still constrained by the same type of racially tinged rhetoric from the right. You can certainly be critical of someone based on ideology, but they certainly LOVE those dog whistles. Conservatives will deny it of course.

Let's put it this way though: Holder is relatively squeaky clean compared to his predecessors(because he has to be), that they can't really stick anything to him and the same crew totally went balls to the wall to get Clinton on a blow job in the oval office. I'm glad he took the DOJ in a more forward-thinking direction in regards to civil rights, but to go deeper into my comment about his constraints above, he(and the Obama administration for that matter) are still beholden to the corporate interests that put Obama in office. There is absolutely no way that Holder would nail those bastards.

Like I've been saying for years, conservatives absolutely gave no fucks as to who the government was spying on when it was the "right" people and now that they see themselves as being a target, especially from the administration of a black democrat? They flip their fucking lids. Where were they during the Bush administration when these "laws" were passed? Calling everyone with a contrary opinion a traitor, unpatriotic, and treasonous with calls to respect the office and changing the name of french fries to FREEDUM FRIES. I don't know if you were there to remember, but those were some seriously crazy times.

So do I blame Holder for not trying to strike down some of that shit? Well, yeah! But I don't think for a second that a lot of those people on the right that are trying to lambast him actually give a shit as long as the targets of surveillance pass the paper bag test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's all just agree, Eric Holder and Obama are both racist, radical, Comunists that have no goals other than to destroy American society.

bread's done
Back