* * * * * 2 votes

PSN Promotion: Spend $100 from 10/1 to 10/28 and Get $15 PSN Code by 11/7

#91 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69219 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

good point on GTA V. Do these downloads take up more space on the hard drive than the disc installs? Also, do games run differently off of the hard drive than off of disc? I heard there were issues with the ps3 download versions of GTA V.

PS4 games don't run off the disc, as they install to the HDD when you put it into the drive. That means the retail and PSN versions are identical in size and performance, unless I missed some news about this sort of thing.

#92 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

PS4 games don't run off the disc, as they install to the HDD when you put it into the drive. That means the retail and PSN versions are identical in size and performance, unless I missed some news about this sort of thing.

Thanks huge help

#93 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

Anyone know if the cod Ghosts season pass is cross buy?

yes it is

#94 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-ps4-cross-buy/

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is going to be Cross Buy for PS4/PS3 until 3/31/15 and there are more details in the link.

http://blog.us.plays...ps-store-bonus/

The GTAV pre-order gives you $500k each for single-player and GTA Online with an additional $300k for GTA Online if you pre-order by 11/3.

So u would have to buy COD on the ps3 first and then it will be free on ps4
I wish it worked for gta V and other games

Edited by starmask2k3, 08 October 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#95 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

with destiny there was about a 24 hour delay for people who preordered the PS3 version before they could play and download the PS4 version.  Normally for single player games I'd say that doesn't matter at all, but for MP games like Call of Duty something to be aware of.  Especially with the day zero stuff they are doing, where preorders will be able to play in advance and get XP bonuses and stuff.  

Fortunately it sounds like COD is gonna be cross play, not that weird "upgrade for free" Destiny thing, so may work better

#96 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

I thought about this a little more, has sony ever offered anything better than $10 back for spending $50?

$15 back for $100 is not bad  if that's the case.

I was thinking about some of the digital only games I'd be interested in that I've not seen a sale on yet since its release:

Monster Monpiece

Clan of Champions

Battle Princess Arcadias

Raiden IV overkill

The drawback to this list of games is that they are all for PS3/vita so I thought I'd take a look at PS4 games:

Rogue Legacy (sale on initial release)

Pier Solar

Road not taken

Towerfall Ascension (sale on initiali release)

Mercenary Kings (has had sale before)

The games in the latter list is more likely to have a sale in the future will likely beat 15%. but how long would I wait for it to get these games on individiual sale?

Any opinions out there (I'm sure there are)?

#97 SOLDIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

For this promotion to work, do you have to actually make purchases that equal $100, or can you just add $100 to your PSN wallet?

#98 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69219 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

For this promotion to work, do you have to actually make purchases that equal $100, or can you just add $100 to your PSN wallet?

You have to actually spend the money on things in the PS Store.

#99 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69219 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

So u would have to buy COD on the ps3 first and then it will be free on ps4
I wish it worked for gta V and other games

It works in both directions.

"In addition to this upgrade offer, if you purchase the PS4 version of the game, you will receive the PS3 version through our cross-buy program."

#100 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

Looks like GTA will be a hard drive killer

http://www.destructo...ile&mode=mobile

#101 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:12 AM

It works in both directions.

"In addition to this upgrade offer, if you purchase the PS4 version of the game, you will receive the PS3 version through our cross-buy program."

Yeah but isn't the ps3 prices cheaper then ps4 prices

#102 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69219 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:41 AM

No, they're both $60.

#103 cannon  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

Looks like GTA will be a hard drive killer

http://www.destructo...ile&mode=mobile

That's why I just upped to 1tb

#104 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1887 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

That's why I just upped to 1tb

That's the first thing I did before I even powered up the PS4 when I first got it. Kind of regret not going 2TB instead. This gen's games are going to be huge and the PS4 installs everything from discs by design. Unlike last gen, disc games are just as big as digital downloads on your hard drive.

#105 cannon  

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

That's the first thing I did before I even powered up the PS4 when I first got it. Kind of regret not going 2TB instead. This gen's games are going to be huge and the PS4 installs everything from discs by design. Unlike last gen, disc games are just as big as digital downloads on your hard drive.

I don't mind deleting disc games if I ever need to, as the install is almost always under a minute until you can start it back up while it background installs the rest. But as I increasingly go digital, I want to avoid ever having to re-download. I love digital and refuse to buy multiplatform games on Xbox 1 (y'all know why) so PS4 may get full over time.

#106 BNoyes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

Tempted to pre-order The Evil Within and Bloodborne, since those are the only two upcoming games I will be buying day one. Still not a big fan of buying digital copies of retail games, though. Even with the $15 back, it's hard to justify going digital over physical. Then again, that's basically a free copy of the new Geometry Wars.  Decisions, decisions, decisions!

#107 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

Tempted to pre-order The Evil Within and Bloodborne, since those are the only two upcoming games I will be buying day one. Still not a big fan of buying digital copies of retail games, though. Even with the $15 back, it's hard to justify going digital over physical. Then again, that's basically a free copy of the new Geometry Wars. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

My hang up with digital is that you have no flexibility. By the summer I had grown tired of many of the ps4 launch games. I was able to trade them in during that crazy target promo for about $50 each. Now I have close to $500 in credit there. Not my first choice but still. I still am tempted by digital but I don't know...

#108 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

Since the thing says the entire PS Store...I wonder if the Protection Plans go under this promo?

#109 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

Since the thing says the entire PS Store...I wonder if the Protection Plans go under this promo?

I think it's anything funded through the wallet including Plus subscriptions and warranties.

#110 ghost1914  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hmmm might end up buying driveclub now if I can find something else to reach $100

#111 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

i wouldn't bother with driveclub yet, the online servers arent working since launch and they haven't even released the free PS+ version yet which will slam it even harder.  its probably going to be weeks before the game really works.

i'll probably pass on this promo, can't think of a lot to buy unless some slamming sales come up.  GTA5 is kinda tempting, but it makes more sense to buy disc, play campaign, trade it in, and buy again during the inevitable big sales (target glitch, best buy fire sales, etc)

#112 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1887 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hmmm might end up buying driveclub now if I can find something else to reach $100

This is exactly want Sony wanted. Delayed Driveclub PS+ freebie edition by giving a weak excuse and get people to pay by enticing them with an equally weak PSN promo. Sony loves customers like you. ;)

i wouldn't bother with driveclub yet, the online servers arent working since launch and they haven't even released the free PS+ version yet which will slam it even harder.  its probably going to be weeks before the game really works.

i'll probably pass on this promo, can't think of a lot to buy unless some slamming sales come up.  GTA5 is kinda tempting, but it makes more sense to buy disc, play campaign, trade it in, and buy again during the inevitable big sales (target glitch, best buy fire sales, etc

:applause:

#113 ghost1914  

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

This is exactly want Sony wanted. Delayed Driveclub PS+ freebie edition by giving a weak excuse and get people to pay by enticing them with an equally weak PSN promo. Sony loves customers like you. ;)

:applause:

Oh hey a conspiracy theorist.

#114 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

Once and for all - physical copies of games are the best CAG method because you can later trade them in correct?

#115 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:24 AM

For anyone with BestBuy Gamers Club Unlocked this is not worth it at all if you plan on just pre-ordering the new games, GCU will be around the same price with 2 new games and you get the physical copies which you can trade later and BestBuy rewards points.

#116 Agent ShortBus   CAGiversary! Validating   177 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Agent ShortBus

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:24 AM

My hang up with digital is that you have no flexibility. By the summer I had grown tired of many of the ps4 launch games. I was able to trade them in during that crazy target promo for about $50 each. Now I have close to $500 in credit there. Not my first choice but still. I still am tempted by digital but I don't know...

I used to go all physical when I first bought my PS4 but as soon as i purchased a second one for my brother, we just split the cost and gameshare. It's still not as good as trading in physical copies but we don't have to buy a game twice and we only have to have one account pay for PS+ and both play online at the same time. Also splitting the cost isn't to bad at $30 a piece for a new game. O:)

#117 BNoyes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   672 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, I was glad to be able to sell all the PS4 games I bought at launch, and thanks to the all the crazy deals last holiday I was able to play nearly every launch game and sell them while breaking even. I'd be pretty miserable if I had been stuck with Knack, Killzone, and BF4. Or even Infamous. I don't regret getting the PS4, but so far there have been very few games worth owning, which makes me wary of digital. But again, I have faith that The Evil Within and Bloodborne are going to be up my alley, so this is kind of tempting.

#118 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69219 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Once and for all - physical copies of games are the best CAG method because you can later trade them in correct?

It's completely up to your preferences. Some prefer digital and others prefer physical for what appeals to them the most. If you care most about being able to trade-in games, then physical is probably best for you.

#119 jfh2c   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

My brother and I share all of our games digitally (each paying half), plus I've been able to buy a ton of PSN credit at half price from Gamestop promos. So the way I see it, I get about 75% off of every game I buy and I get to keep them forever. I'm pretty happy with how I do it.

#120 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4061 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

You guys may want to check out this thread  $45 for $50 to PSN at PCGameSupply.com