The Official CAG October 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this deal via Penny Saver ( Can I put this here???) Really happy about the Castlevania and Sega CD (First Sega CD I own+ every thing worked). Paid $25 for the deal, the ad decription was super vague lol

[attachment=8626:photo(5).JPG]

Meh. Two blunders recently.

First up, ordered Upotte!! on dvd on accident. Thought it was the bluray version. Now I'm going to have to return it and eat the shipping. Best Buy games (from last week) ended up being $62 for the three. Selling Demon Gaze cause I couldn't find a third game to pair with them.

S1bg1f4.jpg

Second, double VIP at the Lego store. Went in for Santa's Workshop, left with a little more.

GVcIHFY.jpg

Last, accidentally picked up a second prospector instead of a swashbuckler. Not a huge deal, just a little more money wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hit up both of the Zia Records in Vegas while I was there the other day and they were both worse than the one's we have here in Phoenix. They also had some incredibly incompetent staff working there. The Pinball Hall of Fame: Gottlieb Collection I got at Amoeba Records in LA yesterday along with Soundbombing Vol. 1 & Common - One Day It'll All May Sense. 

Great day! Got the 2  :360: guitars for $3 apiece at Goodwill and they actually both work. Kmart- Camo  :360:  controller was $22 on the Clearance shelf, Fire Emblem Awakening :3ds: was $24 Clearance, Smash Bros 3DS  :3ds: normal price. But I had $76.92 in SYWR points and earned $10 in points for spending over $60 so it was all basically free!

Hyrule Warriors  :wiiu:  was from Kmart.com, earned $20 in points from it which went towards that other stuff. Upgraded to Windows 8.1 and its JUST FINE! I really think all the bitching is from people who never even used it before and are hopping on the hatetrain. Not pictured- $25 worth of snacks and drinks that were free since I got a Shop n Save giftcard in the mail from a survey site and my $100 winner scratchers lottery ticket! 

Gamefly hit my magic price point on Injustice.  Been patiently waiting for $10.  Purchased the guide for cheap awhile back.  It will stay sealed for collection purposes.

gallery_354731_8422_251874.jpg

Good thing I had my salsa ready for the chips GF sent me with my disc.  The last few games from them have been badly chipped.  This stupid orange sticker is around the middle of disc.  Never seen them do this before.  GF is slipping in my book.

gallery_354731_8422_527080.jpg

Tried to buy Smash today but everyone is sold out. Crazy, been a long time since I couldn't easily grab a game on launch day if I wanted. Only checked 3 places but one was Gamestop and it was over 20 miles to the next closest one that had any in stock

Gamefly hit my magic price point on Injustice. Been patiently waiting for $10. Purchased the guide for cheap awhile back. It will stay sealed for collection purposes.

gallery_354731_8422_251874.jpg

Good thing I had my salsa ready for the chips GF sent me with my disc. The last few games from them have been badly chipped. This stupid orange sticker is around the middle of disc. Never seen them do this before. GF is slipping in my book.

gallery_354731_8422_527080.jpg
I like Gamefly for the used stuff. The chips are there, but there aren't any goofy stickers on my discs.

Nothing all that exciting here...

null_zps30dff1b2.jpg

But THIS officially completes my Gameboy micro collection!  I have EVERY variant, limited edition, whatever.  So excited!!!

null_zps13df68e8.jpg

PIck Ups for the month. I don't think I'll be buying a lot for a while till November. :lol:

20141007_172623_zpsed270bb7.jpg

Nadesico and Trigun were from GoHastings. Trigun was basically minty and Nadesico had a crease and unaligned case. Don't mind the crease much and I easily aligned the case. Love me some Trigun.

Brother's friend was selling his Xbox 360 Games. Picked up Reach and Anniversary for $10. Now I have all the Halo games for the 360. Don't have a One yet.

Technically from September, but I didn't upload it till now. :lol: Sankarea LE was from Amazon. Love the series, specifically the manga. Although it is the censored version, I don't mind. Once the Uncensored version comes out, I'll double dip to support. Thief was from Gamefly. For the price it was going, it was worth a try. Don't hate me. 

Have not posted in one of these in a while, but acquired a few things. Here's September items.

IMG_0474_zps2d33f72d.jpg

Got a OBD bluetooth reader (I believe it is a clone though) and a Anker phone charger for my phone from Amazon to use with the Torque app. Really cool and all too see my car stats, but rarely use it now. Oh wells

IMG_0484_zps2f048eb1.jpg

Got my first SSD and it is amazing. Totally did not need it, but having my computer boot up super quick is nice. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call and Destiny

IMG_0488_zpseb6775bb.jpg

Destiny swag from midnight launch (poster, wrist band, tshirt), got my free Legenday Pictures movie shirt from Comic Con, and also got a new job (the badge).

IMG_0491_zpsc6e8eb2d.jpg

2D fighters to keep me busy on the PS3

October items...

IMG_20141001_202557_zpsa85a58ce.jpg

Won a copy Forza Horizon 2 from a contest

20141012_185433_zps538aca1e.jpg

Refurbished Chromecast, not sure how I lived without one since it was announced

20141005_132810_zps2b830a0f.jpg

GoT beer and got a free glass with it.

IMG_0500_zps36e09d57.jpg

First mechanical keyboard and I am in love

IMG_0501_zps2c2d47c5.jpg

It was employee appreciation week at work this past week and won this

Went out and did a bit of hunting this morning. First find was a copy of Dr. Muto for Gamecube for $2.99 at Goodwill. Nothing great but it was complete and in nice shape so I grabbed it.

My next stop was a game store where I got a nice complete copy of Shiren the Wanderer for $9.99 for Wii. I have a hunch this one will be worth a few bucks down the road so I figured it was worth grabbing. I know Gamestop has it for $2.99 but the closest copy is like 40 miles from me and there are only 2 within 100 miles.

Finally I stopped at a pawn shop that I rarely find much at nowadays, though I used to do great there, and caught them slipping on a few items:

Tiny Toon Adventures Buster Busts Loose (SNES): $5.99 (overpaid slightly but I had a lot of good memories of this one)

Road Rash 3 (Gen): $2.99 (great price and cool game)

James Pond (Gen): $1.99 (cheap and I didn't have it... meh

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (PS3): $13.99 (seemed a solid price, complete and in nice shape)

Rock Band 3 (PS3): $1.00 (SLIPPING)

Then I had a few things come in from Walmart.com's used section:

Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dust (PS3)

Atelier Totori The Adventurer of Arland (PS3)

Resonance of Fate (PS3)

Came to around 50 for the 3, I was cool with that, I had a gift card to spend.

Here's what I've got so far. Still wanting to pick up NCAA 14  for :ps3: before this month is over with, but it may be a while before it drops in price.

L.A. Noire and Mafia II are both re-buys. This time, they're not getting traded in. Both came from JJ Games. L.A. Noire was $4.74 and Mafia II was $8.07. Shipped. Madden 25 came from a third party seller on Amazon for 15 bucks after shipping and it was brand new. First Madden I've owned since Madden 11 and I can tell you that it's infinitely better than 11. The Serious Sam Collection is a Wal-Mart find. It was in their $9.96 bin. I had been wanting it for a while, so it all worked out. :)

[attachment=8933:20141014_151718_resized.jpg]

Here's what I've got so far. Still wanting to pick up NCAA 14 for :ps3: before this month is over with, but it may be a while before it drops in price.

L.A. Noire and Mafia II are both re-buys. This time, they're not getting traded in. Both came from JJ Games. L.A. Noire was $4.74 and Mafia II was $8.07. Shipped. Madden 25 came from a third party seller on Amazon for 15 bucks after shipping and it was brand new. First Madden I've owned since Madden 11 and I can tell you that it's infinitely better than 11. The Serious Sam Collection is a Wal-Mart find. It was in their $9.96 bin. I had been wanting it for a while, so it all worked out. :)

attachicon.gif
20141014_151718_resized.jpg
my Kmart has NCAA 14 on clearance for 24.xx I believe

My first pick up of the month / and figure pick up in two months.
Bishoujo - Cammy - $54 

34yo2zt.jpg

2vx4l6p.jpg

16i9w5f.jpg

I love how they used metallic red for her gloves, but i hate her "ass" ...if the sculptor is going to emphasis her "ass" in the figure, don't you think the "ass" should have been done better.OVERALL, i still like the figure, and i can't wait to get Juri & Poison next year 

Watch_Dogs was one of my most hyped games of the year but when it came out with what I was seeing and hearing I decided against getting it. I found a mint copy on AV Forums for £12 so I figured if the game isn't good i'll still get my moneys worth.

FnDpOPV.jpg

Also picked up two blank PS4 cases. I get sent a few promo copies of games i.e. blank white discs with no boxes or anything and it drives me nuts. So I bought these with the intention of printing off the box art.

New STL Blues jersey because ya know the one I just bought last year wasnt good enough.......

Walking Dead Season 1 Special Edition and Season 2 Blurays from Walmart, NES 3DSXL from Gamestop, and Watch Dogs was $13.27 shipped from Gamefly after some member coupons. You get a $5 coupon every 3 months, theres like a 1 day period when you can use 2 coupons. Wait a day to long and the one expires. 

Pickups from the last few days:

From GoHastings and SecondSpin:

20141016_184341-1.jpg

20141016_184433-1.jpg

20141016_184502-1.jpg

20141016_184310-1.jpg

From Best Buy:

20141016_184823-1.jpg

From Target:

20141016_185515-1.jpg

20141016_185605-1.jpg

20141016_185637-1.jpg

20141016_185827-1.jpg

Eastbound and Down was $7 because it was...damaged I guess? Is the slipcover supposed to look like that?

Also got my case for my Galaxy S5. Now I can hold it without feeling like it will slip out and shatter on the ground.

Got the three Persona games as part of a trade. I wasn't collecting for PS2 but I've decided to get back into it before the games all shoot up in price. Also have the SMT: Devil Summoner games coming in as well. Had to get X-Men obviously.

tRO7gi0.jpg

From Wed. Best Buy delivered it in a box. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Minor crease. Overall minty fresh. Great limited edition

I have never wanted a GameBoy Micro until now. That is godly.
It's like stupid rare. Like contest giveaway rare. A customer found it for me. Didn't ask questions, I just know he's awesome!

Going for a full set. That Sculptor's Cut purchase wasn't easy, but fuck it, I want a complete set :p

null_zps2b605395.jpg

Paid too much for SSB, but Comix Zone are Zelda were free, so I'm not complaining :)

null_zps6549e565.jpg

Went out yesterday and did pretty well, not a ton of items but quality ones.

First stop was a game store where I got the two DS games. Metroid Prime Hunters was $5.99 complete in great shape. I was very cool with that. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey was $16.99 and I almost passed because I already had a copy, but mine was cart only and this was complete with the outer box and soundtrack and I had a hard time passing on that, especially when I'm confident I can make all of my money back selling my cart only copy. I'm usually not someone to care about collectors editions or even completeness, but when it won't end up costing me much of anything, I figured why not.

Stopped across the street at a pawn shop and found a copy of Bloody Roar 3 for $3.99 which is a good price I figured. Its complete though the disc is pretty rough, hoping it works. If not I can probably resurface it without an issue.

Final stop was a little pawn shop that does flat pricing of $3.00 on all PS2 games but rarely gets much in. (the whole shop is about the size of my closet, ha ha) They had gotten a few new things in since the last time I was there (to be fair, it had been at least 3 or 4 months since I bothered stopping in). Champions of Norrath and Dark Alliance 2 are well worth it. Had both but will sell for well over that. Champions is missing the manual but Dark Alliance 2 is complete. It also came witht the DVD strategy guide that was a preorder bonus which from what I can see goes for $15.00 or so on its own so definitely a nice bonus.

Just a little more PS2 love, got the Devil Summoner games from Amazon new for $25 a piece and the other three were from a local game shop on the cheap.

2Rfb3bw.jpg

I also picked up some component cables for my PS2 so I can get an image like this on my RGB monitor.

PYgYl1T.jpg

Qr2Fd0j.jpg

Scan lines in their full glory.

Also an added bonus heres a shot of Megaman X5 on this monitor through component.

wxepL6d.jpg

It was 20 which is not too much cheaper than I could get it for online but I like supporting small stores like this and I've picked up quite a few under $2 games from there.

Paper Mario was $5 and everything else was .25. Couldnt say no to that. Planning on givkng away the Tom Clancy Games to my cousins when i send over an xbox. Need to stock on games for them

From the Amazon Warehouse Deals blowout on Wednesday:

These are one's I needed for my collection (the Your Shape was supposed to be game only):

These are one's I already had and bought for the cases (they were only 26 cents a piece):

5x Guitar Hero Aerosmith, 4x Nerf N-Strike, 5x Madden 07, 5x Disney Sing It, 1x Nerf N-Strike Double Blast Bundle (this was supposed to be just the regular N-Strike), 1x The Bigs.

These are one's I already had and bought for the cases (they were only 26 cents a piece):

5x Guitar Hero Aerosmith, 4x Nerf N-Strike, 5x Madden 07, 5x Disney Sing It, 1x Nerf N-Strike Double Blast Bundle (this was supposed to be just the regular N-Strike), 1x The Bigs.
You should send one of the Nerf games to Game Grumps. They would probably play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back