Site Guides for Earning Some Extra Income Passively

Fallenchaos

CAGiversary!
Hi Everyone,

I'm here to throw in my list of mostly passive sites and how I have been earning with these sites. I started using a few sites in order to help pay for my gaming hobby to help try and cut down on family expenses (and to help spoil the baby daughter). So far it has paid for SAO Hollow Fragment on Vita, Shadows of Mordor on PS4, and Betrayal At House On The Hill board game, and a chunk of Amazon credit waiting to be used on decorating the daughter's room next spring when she moves to her new room! :)

I am not a big fan of filling out surveys, or downloading applications (I have done this before with Sandboxie, which does work great), hence why I am trying a more passive routine. I hope you find my site guides helpful and I would appreciate it very very much if you can use my referral link. If not, I have included a non-referral link as well. Either way it's worth a try to make a little extra. I plan on keeping this a living guide as I find new info and earning strategies at existing sites, or if I find other good passive sites. Please feel free to ask questions if needed via PM or in the thread and I will try to get back to you as fast as I can! If there are requests I will ad proof of payments and purchases, or if there are any other requests please feel free to let me know.

Without further ado... the list!

Swagbucks: Referral Link                  Non-Referral

Earning: Although there has been changes to how much you can earn through smart phone apps, I still find this to be the best passive site. Currently, there are 6 applications on Android (iOS users only have access to SB TV Mobile and EntertaiNOW currently, with the others in development) and each application has their own limit on the number of Swagbucks (SB, 1SB = 1 cent) you can earn each day. What makes these applications passive is that you can set a favorite (and you only need one), so you can set the shortest clip if you want as a favorite and let it repeat until it maxes out. As of right now, all of the apps max out at 18 SB, except SBTV that maxes out at 36 SB. Running these will get $1 per day - I would switch to PerkTV after hitting your goal 1. Note that not all videos are available to be selected all of the time, however if you favorite it, it will still play even if it no longer shows up in a search.

• SB TV Movile - Shortest Clips are the 10 seconds tips under Home and Garden. The ones about coffee filters and the other about grass stains are the shortest clips.
  • EntertaiNOW TV Mobile - Shortest clip is for Touch at 11 seconds, but many "complete" series videos are 15 seconds if Touch is not available
  • MovieCli.ps - The Other Woman (second clip) is 25 seconds
  • Sportly.tv - The shortest is Side Lunges with Bosu Ball. This took the longest time to show up for me.
  • Indymusic.tv - Under Rock (about halfway down the gigantic list), Love is All Around by Joan Jett. It is 30 seconds long. A nice tip is that the Joan Jett songs are alphabetical, so as you scroll by you can tell if you are close or have gone too far.
  • Lifesylz.tv - This uses the same videos as SB TV Mobile.
The current ToS allows one account per member of the family in the household and allows you to refer those people. I referred my wife  shortly after starting SwagBucks and realizing how great the site is for passive earning. For a referred member, you earn 10% of most of their earnings (ie, if they earn 10 SB, you get 1SB, there is no reduction in their earnings so it's a win-win situation).

I recommend signing up on the web site and getting everything set from there. One of the first things I would do is turn on my Daily Goal meter in the top left corner. It can only be turned on (and only needs to be done once) via the website. By reaching Goal 1 for a set number of days in a row, you get a winning streak. If you meet your Goal 1 for every day of the month, you get 300 SB as a bonus beyond your bonus amount. For example, my Goal 1 today was 99SB with a bonus of 9SB. I will get a 9SB bonus, as well as continuing my winning streak.

Another thing you can do on the web site is the NOSO path and daily poll for a total of 3SB each day. There will also be swag codes given out. If you have the Swagbucks app installed on your phone, it SHOULD alert you of a new code and where to find it. Otherwise the website sc-s.com usually has them posted pretty quick!.

There are a lot of opportunities for earning here. From surveys, to offer walls, to Jun group ("Laptop Guy"). I rarely participate in these, but they can be great earners if you have some free time! :) Laptop guys is probably the one I would go with next. It starts off at 2SB an activity - basically a video you can skip using a big green arrow button. There can be many steps usually at 15 seconds each, or sometimes one step that you let sit for 90 seconds.

Rewards: The SwagBucks rewards store contains a variety of different rewards. One of their great deals is that you can order 5 $5 Amazon gift cards a month at 450 SB each. Sometimes they put gift cards on sale. Their delivery speed is not the greatest and has taken up to 11 days to receive an Amazon gift card. However, for being passive and paying nicely I don't think this is much of an issue :)

PerkTV: Referral Link                  Non-Referral

Earning: I use two applications - but they have a variety of applications you can try. You can install application on up to 5 devices, so you can install Pop Quiz on one and PerkTV on the other.

• Perk Pop Quiz -  a simple quiz game with a variety of categories that you can level up in. They recently added a new option to do Lightning rounds. Instead of 10 seconds per question, you have 5 seconds, but you get an extra point each round for just having it on.
  • Perk TV - Watch videos to earn points. Videos will continue to play one after another. The App videos tend to be the shortest, so switching back to that category when it moves to Movie Trailers can help speed up earnings. Also, in the options for this app, there is Low Bandwith option, turn this on to reduce data usage a little bit!
Rewards: For the most part, 1000 points is $1. However, if you save your points you can get a small discount. Instead of a $25 gift card being 25,000 points, you can redeem for 24,250 points saving you 750 points going towards your next card.

Moving to less passive...

SuperPoints: Referral Link             Non-Referral

Earning: I am just starting to use SuperPoints (which just came back under new management), but find it interesting so far. I like the idea of "leveling up" and upgrading reward tiers. It has surveys and offer walls like other sites. It has one thing though that other sites do not... the SuperLucky Button (SLB)! Basically, you click a button, some animation happens, and you either win nothing or some SuperPoints. The most I have gotten in one click is 250 (I heard more is possible), and lowest is 1. At Basic membership you get 30 spins a day, at Bronze you get 100. The SLB is an easy way to get XP to move you up to a higher level (which is different from your membership level). Since the site is still growing (just expanded to UK in September), I view this as a chance to get in from early on and see how the site grows.

The biggest tip I can give is to make sure you pay attention to the requirements to move up your Member Level. Especially that you need to fill out your profile and validate your email to move to Bronze. Getting Bronze gives you more spins, which means more chances to win and more exp. Make sure you do your spins each day, they give you a decent amount of XP for no effort.

Rewards: This is not a fast site to earn rewards on, but requires you to do nothing but click a button to spin the SLB, so it's very easy. The higher your level the better the point to $ ratio is as well. Compare $1 Amazon card for 2,000SP to $10 Amazon card for 14,500SP. They also have some crazy rewards like a $2 Million Dream Home for 3,5000,000,000SP or a Lamborghini Aventador for 666,666,667SP. I have not redeemed a reward here yet, as saving up for some of the later tiers definitely seems like the best approach.

PrizeRebel: Referral Link

Earning: PrizeRebel is a lot like SwagBucks, but without the mobile apps. I think this may be my go to when I have some spare time and willing to do a few offers or have a video running on my second monitor They have a daily challenge (goal) meter that awards bonus points as well. None of the video offers seem to pay a lot, so this one will definitely be more work.

Rewards: 1 point is equal to 1 cent, so nice and easy to figure out what you have. Rewards have a good variety, from LoL, Steam, PayPal, Amazon, PSN and prepaid wireless cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the last day to buy platinum status for a while on SuperPoints according to their email. Buying platinum also give you 4000SP and is the last day for that. They are also looking at adding PayPal to their reward catalog next week. So if you were thinking about it now is the time. :)

Checking out a new site today... Seems interesting, not really as passive as SB or Perk but no filling out surveys or doing offer walls! :) Will add to the list in a few days if it seems to be going well.

So far this new site is taking more time each day and seems like a lot more effort than I thought. Maybe I'm just not doing it right - will give it a few more days.

Yeah, that was taking too much time and more complicated than I wanted to learn. I was trying out PaidVerts, which is basically viewing ads, and the more time you spend and accumulate BAP (bonus ad points) the higher paying the ads become. Sounds like you need to find a balance between reinvesting your earnings to get more BAP so you can get better ads and continue the cycle... Too much time for me, but sounds like it can be pretty good if you work at it.

Updated to reflect the removal of buying Platinum on SuperPoints and added in a link for PrizeRebel. Hoping to find a daily routine that makes it at least easy, but maybe not as passive as others.

Bump... Seeing claims again how PaidVerts is great... Maybe I should give it another shot for a longer time period.

bread's done
Back