newegg preorder

#1 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

Discount codes:

$7 Off Select $59.99 Games: EMCWPPC223

$4 Off Select $49.99 Games: EMCWPPC224

$3 Off Select $39.99 Games: EMCWPPC225

$? Off "More" Games: EMCWPPC227 - This one took $10 off Dragon Age Inquisition as a test case.

Small print:

Promo Codes Exclusively for Subscribers.

Promo expires at 11:59 PM PDT on October 8 or when supplies are exhausted.

Link

#2 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

I tried this with the $39.99 tier.. it is a $3 discount.  Given this, I did not bother with any of the others.  Thanks anyway OP, but I will stick with GCU.

#3 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, me too.  Hopefully someone can get some value out of them though.

#4 MetalSlugger   :P CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

Just dropped in to post my standard "NewEgg is the absolute worst at fulfilling preorders and you're just asking for trouble by using preorder discounts with them" post.

#5 girlracer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

Just dropped in to post my standard "NewEgg is the absolute worst at fulfilling preorders and you're just asking for trouble by using preorder discounts with them" post.

You've never preordered from Kmart then

#6 MetalSlugger   :P CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

I currently have The Evil Within preordered with them online.  I love K-Mart...too bad the only one near me is closing. :(

NewEgg has fucked me over too many times.  They were good for $10 clearance from 10-12 but have been terrible ever since (as far as gaming goes).

#7 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

I currently have The Evil Within preordered with them online.  I love K-Mart...too bad the only one near me is closing. :(

NewEgg has fucked me over too many times.  They were good for $10 clearance from 10-12 but have been terrible ever since (as far as gaming goes).

I have personally never had issues with NewEgg fulfilling my pre-orders,  I just don't recommend them for CE/LE versions of the game with flimsy boxes.  Kmart on the other hand has now screwed me twice on pre-orders.  I'd take the newegg plunge before Kmart again.  The only other company that's worse than these two is Digital River (SquareEnix.com).

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

None of these codes are working for me on $59.99 games.  

....and yes, I am subscribed to their stupid newsletter.

#9 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

Do they charge before or after it ships?

#10 MsMaroon  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

KMart/Sears is the worst. I learned long ago to not even bother shopping there. Shame on anyone who does.

Too bad the two games I would have wanted arent on the list here. Oh well.

#11 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   2059 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

I also had a string of pre-order related issues with them, which is one of the reasons I never pre-order with them; the other reason is the more obvious one:  their discounts never beat the GCU @ Best Buy.

#12 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

its funny that the codes dont work on anything I want

#13 BearAntlers   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BearAntlers

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Negating the cost of GCU, and having 7% sales tax, a $59.99 game at BB with GCU would cost you $51.35. If you have no sales tax with NewEgg and use this coupon for $7 off you would be sitting at $52.99, a difference of $1.64. So this $7 off coupon isn't really that bad at all. (IMO!)

#14 apterous   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

apterous

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

Doesn't seem to work on Smash Bros.  Works on other games that I don't want though.  

Also no ShopRunner.  T_T  

#15 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:44 PM

>Only available to newsletter subscribers
>subscribers get the email that you got

#16 BearAntlers   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

BearAntlers

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

I've ordered from NewEgg many times for both PC hardware and games and never had an issue. Shipping has also almost always been faster than expected. Now, with BB I seem to get screwed over almost every time. Now, I only shop there as a last resort.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

Doesn't seem to work on Smash Bros.  Works on other games that I don't want though.  

Also no ShopRunner.  T_T  

Fuck, guess that's why I couldn't get the codes to work then.  Same with Bayonetta 2.

#18 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2079 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

I have personally never had issues with NewEgg fulfilling my pre-orders,  I just don't recommend them for CE/LE versions of the game with flimsy boxes.  Kmart on the other hand has now screwed me twice on pre-orders.  I'd take the newegg plunge before Kmart again.  The only other company that's worse than these two is Digital River (SquareEnix.com).

Hey hey now, there is plenty of hate to go around for NewEgg, KMart and Digital River on pre-orders.  All have managed to find spectacular methods of absolute fail.  NewEgg has at times outright cancelled pre-orders with discounts "because they didn't get enough of them".  KMart is pretty much random if they ever fulfill orders and give you the points they promise, not to mention who knows if they are going to last until the game comes out.  And Digital River will probably send you your order, but when is a good question and whether it comes with all items you ordered is a gamble.

I like NewEgg for other stuff, but I've long since sworn them off on pre-orders.

Besides, at this point pretty much any store has to beat 20% off on their discount to beat Best Buy Gamer's Club for new releases.  Pre-order online, with store pick up if you want it on release day.  Avoid pre-ordering in store and it's all good.

#19 dcm1602   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

I used to buy from Newegg Newegg all time. But they're such a shit company. My pre-orders have gotten screwed up the last 3 times I ordered from them

I can get a whopping 4$ off the wow expansion and 3$ for shipping. So a 49.99 game cost me only.... 48.99

Sure amazon will cost me a dollar more, and charge me tax. At least I wont ordering from a crap website with these grimey half assed "deals"

#20 SangesTheLurker   This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck... CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

SangesTheLurker

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

Discount codes: $7 off $59.99 Games: EMCWPPC223$4 off $49.99 Games: EMCWPPC224$3 off $39.99 Games: EMCWPPC225$? off "More" Games: EMCWPPC227

OP, it probably should be mentioned that it's only "SELECT" pre-order titles, like it says on the landing page. It will probably save some more 'this didn't work for me' posts.

For everyone else, it's in our best interests to use the links from said landing page as it only displays the titles that these codes are valid for.

#21 ArrrCee   Colossal Blob! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

Thanks OP, grabbed Fantasy life for $36.99. Been looking forward to that one.

#22 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

Do they charge before or after it ships?

The day before IIRC

#23 JazzFlight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

JazzFlight

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for this.  It's a shame it'll never go back to the $12 off any $60 pre-order days of yore, but this is still a great deal for a site that doesn't charge me tax.

Pretty much got all the good-looking November releases locked up now.  Too bad next year's games like The Witcher 3 or Batman aren't included in the deal.

#24 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

OP, it probably should be mentioned that it's only "SELECT" pre-order titles, like it says on the landing page. It will probably save some more 'this didn't work for me' posts.

Done

#25 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

I may go for some games I don't need on release date like Persona Q, Fantasy Life, Samurai Warriors 4, maybe Pokemon one of them, Tears to Tiara 2 and also Akiba Strip PS4. I don't have GCU.....kind of wish I did.

Also remember if a game is getting pre-order stuff such as an upgraded standard to limited edition or such, don't expect them from Newegg. Only expect those if it's a first run thing like Atlus does with the CDs in their games and probably Tears to Tiara 2. I do like saving some money...i'll think about this offer till tonight.

#26 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5007 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

Discount codes:

$7 Off Select $59.99 Games: EMCWPPC223

$4 Off Select $49.99 Games: EMCWPPC224

$3 Off Select $39.99 Games: EMCWPPC225

$? Off "More" Games: EMCWPPC227 - This one took $10 off Dragon Age Inquisition as a test case.

Small print:

Promo Codes Exclusively for Subscribers.

Promo expires at 11:59 PM PDT on October 8 or when supplies are exhausted.

Link

Man, you used to have such great pre-order offers, NewEgg. What happened to you?

#27 morrodox   Hedonistic Iconoclast CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

morrodox

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

Also remember if a game is getting pre-order stuff such as an upgraded standard to limited edition or such, don't expect them from Newegg. Only expect those if it's a first run thing like Atlus does with the CDs in their games and probably Tears to Tiara 2. I do like saving some money...i'll think about this offer till tonight.

The product image on their page says it T2T2 includes a limited-edition art book.   Probably just for the initial print run, like you say.

Man, you used to have such great pre-order offers, NewEgg. What happened to you?

I have a feeling we CAGs are what happened.  :oops:

#28 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9979 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

Those old pre-orders are good...these are bonuses that add up, but those old 12 dollars off+ of games was great. Heck I got GTA V for like 41 or so dollars on release. Only game I was ever disappointed in was ProjectXZone where everywhere got the LE upgrade and Newegg had regular editions. I had to buy the game at Best Buy. These pre-order bonuses are alright though for those of us without GCU....also sometimes helps when there isn't tax as well.