Bleem! or No Bleem!? That is the question...

karmapolice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Okay so I bought tekken 3 for PS1 and I was putting it in my game collection on IGN when I saw they had Bleem! for it...Now the question is: Do I need Bleem! inable to play it or could I use an import disc or some such thing? The reason is, is that Bleem! Is a whole lot more expensive than getting a swap-disc...Can anyone answer my "?" Thank you!

I think what he is talking about is the Bleem Tekken for DC,

Bleem used to port PSX games to DC but only one at a time and on one disc. I think there was also MGS and GT2

[quote name='karmapolice620']Okay so I bought tekken 3 for PS1 and I was putting it in my game collection on IGN when I saw they had Bleem! for it...Now the question is: Do I need Bleem! inable to play it or could I use an import disc or some such thing? The reason is, is that Bleem! Is a whole lot more expensive than getting a swap-disc...Can anyone answer my "?" Thank you![/quote]

Since you bought it for PS1, I'll assume you want to play it on a PS1. Bleem! would be required if you wanted to play it on a Dreamcast with slightly sharper graphics (or so it was claimed). Bleem! on the PC lets you play PS1 games on the PC.
So, to directly answer the question, most likely, no, you don't need bleem!.

The point is I would like to play it on my DC...and yes the graphics are sharper...Ive seen it in action and compared...Theyre like 3 times better...

The Bleem!DC looks better than the PS2 emulating the PSOne, actually. The texture smoothing is much better.

[quote name='WildWop']The Bleem!DC looks better than the PS2 emulating the PSOne, actually. The texture smoothing is much better.[/quote]

thats b/c the ps2 makes no effort to enhance the graphics of psone games, its meant to play/look just like the psone version. bleam! for the dc however is designed to use the dc's hardware to up the graphics on psone games.

[quote name='EggViper'][quote name='WildWop']The Bleem!DC looks better than the PS2 emulating the PSOne, actually. The texture smoothing is much better.[/quote]

thats b/c the ps2 makes no effort to enhance the graphics of psone games, its meant to play/look just like the psone version. bleam! for the dc however is designed to use the dc's hardware to up the graphics on psone games.[/quote]

That's partly incorrect. If you go into the browser, you can change some settings which I think blur textures (could be wrong about the exact function) and makes games look better, IMO.

bleem! died years ago. It was the first commerical PS1 emulator and had tons of lawsuits. bleem! worked by emulating what the game code was *trying* to do, not the actual circuitry of the PS1 (Like most emulators do). It runs much faster than most other emulators because of that, however it's much much much more incompatible and buggy than true emulation. (But can run at really really really high resolutions.) Note that I don't *think* bleem! can run on 2000 or XP.

bleem! for the DC was an emulator designed for *one* game each.

You may still be able to find copies on eBay.

Ok let the DC fanboy get his words in. There are 3 bleem cds. One that works for MGS, one that workds with Tekken 3, and one that works for GT2. Ebay I think is the easiest place to get the bleem cds. Also when they came out, EB may have been the only place that sold bleem, Sony told other retailers not to carry the product.

There is also a PC version of bleem, but newer PSX emus I think are better. Also there is a bootleg DC bleem disk that can work with many PSX games, but it's not opimized so some games run better then others.

You use the Bleem disk as a boot disk for the PSX game. And even use a VMU as a PSX memory card, if you format the VMU to save PSX games, you can't use it to save DC games. But you can Re-Format the VMU to save DC games.

If you use bleem! to play ps games on a pc can you transfer the save files from the pc to a memory card later on?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']didnt bleem have a collection of ps games? Than u had to swap cds with the psx one?[/quote]

Indeedly the original concept of bleem was to be able to use one disc for a group of PS1 games. unfortunely for the forces that be, either be $$$ or optimizing it better for each game, they only came on a game a disc.

Also as far as the ultra DC bllem pack floating around, it was actually auctioned of on ebay about a year ago. Bleem went tits up and sold alot of stuf on ebay. Ifnot mistaken they did put up a few prototypes of the ps1 collection discs. Good to hear thye made it out onto the internet.

I would suggest searching out the tekken 3 bleemcast disc, it really does bump up the GFX.I use the metal gear solid one and it for sure adds more to the game. No more jaggies, everything is crisp.

And yes the texture smoothing on the PS2 is a load of crap !

[quote name='KingDox']There is also a PC version of bleem, but newer PSX emus I think are better. Also there is a bootleg DC bleem disk that can work with many PSX games, but it's not opimized so some games run better then others. [/quote]

I never heard about the PS collection Bleem disc. Do you know where you can find iso's or images for it (assuming that it is a bootleg disc, and so technically a legal grey area)? I can't seem to find any sites that have Dreamcast games anymore, even the legal ones.

The leaked Bleem pack is in a real Gray area, It's a bootleg beta that the Bleem devs created for dev testers. There where like 5 copies made, each was said to work with different games. The 5 versions where called blue, red, green and 2 other colors. Well the dev testers went against the wishes of the bleem owners and put out one of the packs. It was later found out that all 5 version are the same version, the encription used on them is different though. The version on the net is the blue version I think.

The Bleem pack was not part of the Ebay sales the bleem guys sold. They only sold prototype hardware, prmotial items and mock ups. They never sold any unrealeased software.

The bleem guys actually got mad that the pack leaked to the net. It's a cdi image I think, you need like achohol 120% to burn it. I used a cdi to nrg converter to burn it with nero but I couldn't get it to work. I don't own more then 4 PSX games so I gave up on trying to get it to work.

It's a cdi image I think, you need like achohol 120% to burn it. I used a cdi to nrg converter to burn it with nero but I couldn't get it to work. I don't own more then 4 PSX games so I gave up on trying to get it to work.

you can use DAEMON TOOLS to emulate a cd drive then mount the .cdi image, then to an on the fly copy from the virtual drive to the cd-r

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Reading this topic has given me an interest in Bleemcast. I'm curious, does Bleem make Tekken 3 look as smooth as Tekken Tag on ps2 (US)?[/quote]

The frame-rate is up there BUT it does not add any polys. its just makes them "stick" basically. so you lose a LOT of that ugly tearing and seperating. not all but most.

got the GT and MGS versions and they make games look pretty :)

There is some sort of tool floating around DC warez sites and such (which will not be linked here whatsoever), which will mount !bleemDC to run any PSX game, possible even on the same selfbooting disc, i have Strider 2 for the PSX image on DC and wooo-buddy does this thing kick ass. Sharper DC graphics + no slowdown = teh capcom goodness.
Oh yeah! Don't download any Dreamcast image or anything that you don't already own. Its illegal unless its for backup purposes.

bread's done
Back