Gamestop Mystery Grab Bag PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii $19.99. CAG16 and PUR discounts work. Check OP for reported games. Console Bundles Added.

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection. Wait, there's more? Yup, we failed to mention that there is also a chance your Mystery Grab Bag will include a "premium" preowned game valued up to $55! *

Playstation 3 Mystery Grab Bag

Xbox 360 Mystery Grab Bag

Reported Games:
PS3

$0.99
Madden 10 (disc only)

$2.99
Medal of Honor (no manual)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Disc only)
Madden NFL 2012 (missing manual)
Brink (complete)

$3.99
Duke Nukem Forever (complete)

$4.99
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)
Assassin's Creed 2 (disc only)
God of War 3
Uncharted 3
Rage
Metal Gear Solid 4

$6.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
NBA 2k13
Mass Effect 3
Hitman Absolution
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Infamous 2
Grand Theft Auto IV

$7.99
Wall-E (no manual)

$9.99
Soul Caliber IV
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty World of War

$12.99
Bejeweled 3

$17.99
Batman: Arkham Origins

$19.99
Spiderman 3 (disc only)

$24.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

Xbox 360

$2.99
Brink

$4.99
Deus Ex Human Revolution (no manual)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (complete)
Defiance (complete)
Madden 12
Mass Effect 2 (missing manual)

NBA 2K11 (disc only)
NBA 2K12
$6.99
Bioshock 2
Fallout New Vegas (missing manual)
Max Payne 3 Single Player Disc Only (No Manual)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

$9.99
Peter Jackson's King Kong (disc only)
Aliens: Colonial Marines

Street Fighter IV (disc only)
Assassin's Creed 2
Halo Reach
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Batman Arkham City
Forza 3

$14.99
Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe

$18.99
Batman: Arkham Origin

$37.99
Titanfall

Wii

Monster Jam Urban Assault (disc/case)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (disc/case)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (cib)

Metroid Prime 3 (cib)

Rayman Raving Rabbids: Complete.

MX vs ATV Untamed: No manual.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Complete

Lego Indiana Jones: No manual.

Lego Star Wars Complete Saga: Complete.

Disney Epic Mickey: Disc only.

Need for Speed Prostreet. No manual

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2: No manual.

LEGO STAR WAR COMPLETE SAGA (no Manuel or case)
WII SPORTS (no Manuel or case)
GAME PARTY 3 Complete
SONIC AND THE SECRET RINGS complete

Epic Mickey

Star Wars Lego The Complete Saga

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Mario & Sonic Olympic Games

Star Wars The Complete Saga

Sonic Unleashed

Wario Land Shake It!

Super Mario Bros Wii

"Mystery Grab Bags" may not be so mysterious.
Got my two "grab bags" for 360......

One is.....

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (disc only)

Medal of Honor (disc only)

Armored Core 4 (with Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones manuals... wtf?)

and.. drum roll please....

Second one is...

Red Dead Redemption (missing manual)

Call of Duty MW3 (missing manual)

Medal of Honor (complete)

Armored Core 4 (missing manual)

Kinda pissed, but I should have been half expecting this... games don't seem all the fucking random if they gave me two of each...

Calling them to see what my options are...

Playstation 3 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned PlayStation 3 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned PlayStation 3 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Xbox 360 Details
Every Mystery Grab Bag will include 3 to 5 preowned Xbox 360 games with a combined value of $30 to $65! At the low price of $19.99, you have a chance to beef up your collection on the cheap! Being the mysterious bag that the Mystery Grab Bag is, it is ready to reward your curiosity with a package full of some of the biggest hits of our time! Wait, it's called a bag but it doesn't arrive in a bag? Yes, the Mystery Grab Bag knows it would be unwise to ship itself inside a bag, so it has found a safer means of transportation to the destination of your choice! *

To add to the excitement of not knowing what is inside the Mystery Grab Bags, there is a chance to receive a "premium" preowned Xbox 360 game valued up to $55! While we don't know what the "premium" game may be, our robot for these select few Mystery Grab Bags will be reaching its robot arm into the vault of even more awesome (and definitely more expensive) preowned games. *

Wii Details

What's inside the Mystery Grab Bag, you ask? Well, what fun would it be if we listed them out on this page just like any other product? The Mystery Grab Bag wants to be different from other products and reward your curiosity with a surprise! We can, however, tell you that every Mystery Grab Bag consists of 4 preowned Nintendo Wii games that we've pulled out of our "Vault of Awesome Yester-Year Games" that add up to $30 to $65 in value! Okay fine, we don't actually have a vault with that name, but we can guarantee you will get at least $30 worth of awesome games to add to your collection!

Important Information

*Due to the complexity of the Mystery Grab Bag, all returns/defective exchanges must be handled through our Customer Care team by contacting 1-800-883-8895
-Not every Mystery Grab Bag will contain 5 games, however, it is guaranteed to contain at least 3.
-"Combined Value" is determined by the sum of the list price for each game.
Update: Cag 16 and PUR discount seem to be working.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. The sucker in me wants to buy one even though I know they're just trying to dump crap inventory. But then I remember that bag o crap someone did (Woot maybe?) where it was like $5 and one guy got a like $2000 PC. Not that I would expect GS to do anything like that.

A chance at a $55 game. Not sure what that would be though. Destiny? Probably have a ton after people were dumping the game after getting LE/Ghost content. If 100 people ordered, probably only two would get the $55 game.

Couldn't we return it?

I wonder if you can just return it to store for full refund if it turn out to be crap?
*Due to the complexity of the Mystery Grab Bag, all returns/defective exchanges must be handled through our Customer Care team by contacting 1-800-883-8895

I don't think you can just go to the store to return it.

Also. I'm chatting with CS right now about the PUR not working.

A chance at a $55 game. Not sure what that would be though. Destiny? Probably have a ton after people were dumping the game after getting LE/Ghost content. If 100 people ordered, probably only two would get the $55 game.
Based on their site probably GTA or Wolfenstein since they're likely drowning in both. Bet only a single person would get a $55 game since that would fulfill the promise of a chance. Well technically no one would have to get a game since 0% is a chance or there's a numbers of other crappy ways to game that.

Jim Carrey.

I don't know how to post pics, so I just name the person in the meme.

I don't think you can just go to the store to return it.

Also. I'm chatting with CS right now about the PUR not working.
Yeah it says you would have to call them and then they'll probably be like oh well your SOL.

I'll be a little more tempted once I hear what some people are getting in there. They could get decent games, but I'm sure it'll be stuff that most people already have. If I were someone who just bought a 360 or PS3, I would definitely be into this deal more.

Jim Carrey.
I don't know how to post pics, so I just name the person in the meme.
58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

When replying, there is a little thing that looks like a Polaroid picture, click there and just copy the URL of the image, then enter.

I'll be a little more tempted once I hear what some people are getting in there. They could get decent games, but I'm sure it'll be stuff that most people already have. If I were someone who just bought a 360 or PS3, I would definitely be into this deal more.
Definitely. If I just bought a 360 or a PS3 I would grab one, but I'm 92% sure I have played or have whatever they're sending.

Why don't they quit dicking around and just give us a B2G1 free already?

Last year's sales were great, especially for my beginner PS3 collection. Now they want to sell a mystery bag? Somebody's gonna get Disgaea or something.

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

When replying, there is a little thing that looks like a Polaroid picture, click there and just copy the URL of the image, then enter.
Thanks, but I'm on mobile - no advanced controls. I could add the [ img ] tags, but what I don't know is where to find the images to link. I kind of like just naming the person, anyway. Appreciate the help though.

Even though it says right there on the page that it has a PUR discount?
Yeah.
Customer Service discussion.
Me The Power Up Reward 10% Discount off used products
Me: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/mystery-grab-bag-playstation-3/####67
Me
BUY PRE-OWNED
$19.99
$17.99
PowerUp Rewards Pro Price
Learn More
Me: The PowerUp Rewards Pro Price, is not being taken out when I try to check out
Gamestop.: I understand, just to check you are adding the card number at the bottom of the shopping cart, but it's not applying it?
Me: yeah its there
Me: sorry for the confusion
Gamestop: Oh I understand don't worry!
Gamestop: In this case it should be deducted when you place the order
Gamestop: If the item applies just by entering the card it will discount the 10% automatically
Me: yeah its not
Me: I have gotten to the last part of the checkout and it tells me my total price which is still 19.99
Me: I just added both the Xbox ### and PS3 Mystery Grab Bag and then a used game, just to check to see if my card was working. The used game has the discount taken out, but both grab bags are still full price.
Gamestop Allow me just a moment to see if it will apply for this particular item
Me thank you
Gamestop You're welcome
Gamestop I have just confirmed that the discount will not apply for the Mystery Grab bag, since this is a promotion in itself, and promotions or discounts cannot be combined
Gamestop The item must be preowned but it must not be part of an offer or discount
Gamestop We apologize for any inconvenience
Me. okay so then the page is wrong
Me. I am still confused then. Because when you guys have a B2G1 the PUR discount is still taken out
Gamestop Yes but the promotion is at the store it might be different than purchasing online. For this item, it does not apply we apologize
Me: So i guess the page will be updated soon, because currently it shows that the discount will be taken out?

Me BUY PRE-OWNED
$19.99
$17.99
PowerUp Rewards Pro Price
Learn More
Gamestop: Yes, we apologize
Me Hmm okay. I guess
Usual ending to CS conversations

I tried guys.

Why don't they quit dicking around and just give us a B2G1 free already?
Last year's sales were great, especially for my beginner PS3 collection. Now they want to sell a mystery bag? Somebody's gonna get Disgaea or something.
No kidding. The sales last year with all the $5 games and whatever else it was they ran basically all summer. This year it was utter butt.

SAVER coupon isn't even working, and neither is PUR. I was in for 2, but now I have time to think about it, and probably not end up getting it

Guess they finally figured out how to make a profit on their defective used returns. 

You know, other than marking the return reason as "customer didn't like the game" and putting it back on the shelf, which is what they did the last time I returned a defective game.

I know this is a sucker's purchase but I'm still super tempted.

Ironically the kid's of the GS founder are on Shark Tank tonight.

you would of figured with the new gen systems out they would of had better deals on at least last gen stuff to make room
Yeah I guess they did enough of that last summer.

GS is the King of Ripping peoples off.  They never cut off the holiday bonus check & let peoples walk away with free  or cheap game.  Money is they blood.  They will take every penny you get and they enjoy they giant bonus check this year.

I'm interested to see what other people get. My last-gen game library is already pretty extensive so I'd probably get games that I already own. If people get some rarer titles I might take the gamble and give away anything that I already own.

They already tried to dispose of their piles of Bulletstorm and Rage with that Saints Row triple bundle from a while ago and nobody would bite. I'm sure they figured this was the only way they could get rid of that garbage.

bread's done
Back