* * * * - 8 votes

Best Buy: God of War Ascension, BEYOND: Two Souls, Puppeteer, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Sly Cooper Collection (PS Vita) plus more... $9.99 each

#31 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3302 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

Is Bestbuy.com glitching for anyone else right now? It claims an item isn't in stock even though it is and it won't let me remove it from my cart to check out. This is such bullshit, I still can't check out 20 mins later.

#32 girlracer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

thanks OP. got the 4 I wanted, been eyeballing puppeteer for a couple weeks and was thinking about the 2 ratchet games I still need to add to my collection. couple vita games don't hurt with the playstation tv coming out in a couple days

#33 JP73   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

Does Into the Nexus feature a digital copy of Quest for Booty? I know some of them do, but I'm not sure about the ones Best Buy has

• motormooseAJC1 likes this

#34 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4518 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Thanks op, grabbed Vita Sly Cooper Collection.

#35 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

Comments: Into The Nexus was good, but very short. With the added DL code for Quest For Booty, it's certainly worth $10, but no more.

Puppeteer is a lost gem. Has shades of about 5 games from Sonic's Genesis Collection on it. Great platforming coupled with interesting head-swapping mechanic and BEAUTIFULLY rendered worlds.

Obligatory Beyond link: http://abloggymess.c...eyondtwo-souls/ TLDR: it's worth $10.

#36 Layd Dly  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

I grabbed Buyond TS.  I was holding strong for the PS4 version but for $7.99 who cares. Now i can wait for the PS4 version to be $10 or less. 

Still debating on Ratchet, and will probably pass on Sly since i have it on PS3 and still need to finish the 3rd game. 

#37 RyuKamiKage   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

RyuKamiKage

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

Has Amazon price matched Sly Collection?

• eLefAdEr likes this

#38 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Beyond and Sly finally hit my buy price of $10. However, I feel like Beyond will definitely drop even further and Sly will surely be included in every $10 Vita sale going forward. It's always the same group every sale unfortunately and once a game makes the cut it seems to stay in the group indefinitely. Money is just a little tighter than I'd like so I'm going to resist and pass on both for now. Gun Nac was totally worth blowing the budget last week.

Keep in mind Beyond is most likely out of print for ps3 as a PS4 version maybe coming and any Marketing will be used for this new ver.

• alexgo likes this

#39 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11366 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

Picked up 3 games.  2 PS3 & Sly cooper collection for vita ;)

#40 proKoyeon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

picked up Sly Cooper Vita, Ratchet & Clank, and Puppeteer

thanks op

#41 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Beyond and Sly finally hit my buy price of $10. However, I feel like Beyond will definitely drop even further and Sly will surely be included in every $10 Vita sale going forward. It's always the same group every sale unfortunately and once a game makes the cut it seems to stay in the group indefinitely. Money is just a little tighter than I'd like so I'm going to resist and pass on both for now. Gun Nac was totally worth blowing the budget last week.

I would love to hear how people come up with these theories that so-and-so game will drop to the price of a hamburger. Those games are the exception, not the rule. Well-received games don't usually sell for that low unless they sell millions like Batman or Gears of War. Maybe if you're lucky Gamefly will have it for 7.99 but then you have to grab it within the first hour of the sale and deal with chipped discs.

Remember that plenty of pundits were saying that Microsoft would reduce or remove the price of Xbox Live, and instead, they increased it.
  • alexgo likes this

#42 alexgo  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

Thanks. Ordered Into the Nexus, Beyond, Puppeteer and to round out the order for free shipping White Knight Chronicles. Had never heard of Puppeteer, but I watched a review and it looked really cool.

#43 Hinoshiko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Hinoshiko

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

Best buy checkout section is so glitchy...

#44 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

I would love to hear how people come up with these theories that so-and-so game will drop to the price of a hamburger. Those games are the exception, not the rule. Well-received games don't usually sell for that low unless they sell millions like Batman or Gears of War. Maybe if you're lucky Gamefly will have it for 7.99 but then you have to grab it within the first hour of the sale and deal with chipped discs.

Remember that plenty of pundits were saying that Microsoft would reduce or remove the price of Xbox Live, and instead, they increased it.

There was no way that Microsoft was going to drop the price of Xbox Live membership. Anyone who thought that doesn't understand Microsoft.

Also, games drop below $10 all the time. Basically the theory goes, if most games drop in price then the one you want probably will as well. There's no way we won't see Beyond go on sale for $20 or less repeatedly going forward. I can guarantee this won't be the last time you see it for $10 (or less). It's that (or less) part that I'm going to gamble and wait for. I've got tons of stuff to play so I can wait this one out a little longer and just buy it next time it goes on sale. It may be $10 again, it may be less. There's no harm to me in waiting. I have to assume you are pretty new here so welcome to the land of stupidly cheap games and backlogs that reach the triple and quadruple digits. You will find that if you are patient you can get darn near any game for whatever buy price you feel is the true value. Personally, I almost never buy a game for more than $20 anymore (unless it's a CE and then my buy price will fluctuate a little depending on the MSRP and how hard I think it might be to acquire post release) thanks to CAG and that number more and more moves towards $10.

#45 matpaq   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

Amazon price matched Beyond and into the nexus...

#46 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

There was no way that Microsoft was going to drop the price of Xbox Live membership. Anyone who thought that doesn't understand Microsoft.

Also, games drop below $10 all the time. Basically the theory goes, if most games drop in price then the one you want probably will as well. There's no way we won't see Beyond go on sale for $20 or less repeatedly going forward. I can guarantee this won't be the last time you see it for $10 (or less). It's that (or less) part that I'm going to gamble and wait for. I've got tons of stuff to play so I can wait this one out a little longer and just buy it next time it goes on sale. It may be $10 again, it may be less. There's no harm to me in waiting. I have to assume you are pretty new here so welcome to the land of stupidly cheap games and backlogs that reach the triple and quadruple digits. You will find that if you are patient you can get darn near any game for whatever buy price you feel is the true value. Personally, I almost never buy a game for more than $20 anymore (unless it's a CE and then my buy price will fluctuate a little depending on the MSRP and how hard I think it might be to acquire post release) thanks to CAG and that number more and more moves towards $10.

I'm talking about the "or less" part. No doubt you will see the game for $10 again. Less than that? Unlikely. It's actually already less than that if you have GCU, which I would imagine most people here have.

I'm not new to the site - I've been here a decade, what the hell. Think about this: can you think of three well-received games that have not been megahit titles but still sold over a million that have been under $10? And remember these are new copies, not used. How long did it take to come up with the list? So it's far from the norm for a game like this to go that low.
  • alexgo likes this

#47 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40126 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

Will buy Ratchet.

Waiting for the PS4 version of Beyond. I'd rather pay $60 instead of $10.

• YBX87 likes this

#48 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20133 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:12 PM

whitereflection and I both been on the forum way longer than you.  Gone are the days of $5 CC sale that you aren't even a part of.  If you look up random 5-6 years old games many are $15-20.  Store doesn't carry an infinity copies of game for the price to keep getting lower.  

• alexgo likes this

#49 alexgo  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:30 PM

Waiting for the PS4 version of Beyond. I'd rather pay $60 instead of $10.

Shame on you for not being a cheap ass.

#50 ElektroDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

ElektroDragon

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

Wow, I literally already own ALL these games.  :wall:

• alexgo likes this

#51 LoveAndBeer   AKA: jstew9 CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

LoveAndBeer

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Sigh, the Sly Cooper Vita collection went out of stock between me adding it to my cart and checking out.

Oh well.

#52 PEACE-KEEPER  

PEACE-KEEPER

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

Thanks OP, I got two souls, puppeteer, and god of war ascension since I have the unlocked discount.

P.S. God of war ascension is also ten bucks, I don't know if you want to add it to the list or not.

• Corgstradamus likes this

#53 alexgo  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

Thanks OP, I got two souls, puppeteer, and god of war ascension since I have the unlocked discount.

P.S. God of war ascension is also ten bucks, I don't know if you want to add it to the list or not.

GoW Ascension was $9 with free shipping a few days ago from gamefly.

#54 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

Puppeteer is super underrated. It's unlike any platformer I have ever played.

#55 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1878 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

So no way to get PS3 Sly Collection via cross buy with the Vita one? Might pick up the Vita one, I suppose then I'd have something to play on my Vita now that i've finished P4G

#56 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:24 PM

whitereflection and I both been on the forum way longer than you. Gone are the days of $5 CC sale that you aren't even a part of. If you look up random 5-6 years old games many are $15-20. Store doesn't carry an infinity copies of game for the price to keep getting lower.

I'm not looking to get into an argument about it. Clearly registration date doesn't help some people's understanding. I said I'm willing to gamble on it going a little lower next time it drops and whiteflower being all-knowing guarantees it won't go below $10. I'm merely saying it can and I'll play the wait and see game in the hopes that it does. There's no way this will be the last time it drops in this range so what's the harm?

#57 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2339 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

I got Puppeteer and BTS right before they went out of stock for $17.03 shipped!
  • Corgstradamus likes this

#58 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

I'm talking about the "or less" part. No doubt you will see the game for $10 again. Less than that? Unlikely. It's actually already less than that if you have GCU, which I would imagine most people here have.

I'm not new to the site - I've been here a decade, what the hell. Think about this: can you think of three well-received games that have not been megahit titles but still sold over a million that have been under $10? And remember these are new copies, not used. How long did it take to come up with the list? So it's far from the norm for a game like this to go that low.

I don't really follow sales numbers but I'm willing to bet that most anything Platinum games has made was well received and could be found under $10 at some point. Wonderful 101 seemed to bottom out at $20 though.

#59 eLefAdEr   All Systems Go CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Yes, just recently, including most of the titles listed in the OP.  

edit:   My apologies, I confused it with Thieves in Time for Vita.  Still, most of the other titles were matched.  Chances of matching increase if a lot of people submit the lower price to Amazon.

#60 zzamaro   CA'G CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

Hopefully Amazon will PM.