* * * * - 8 votes

Best Buy: God of War Ascension, BEYOND: Two Souls, Puppeteer, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Sly Cooper Collection (PS Vita) plus more... $9.99 each

#121 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

Grabbed Sly. Wish all the older ps3 HD collections would go on sale. Still want to pick up Ratchet, PoP, and MGS.

#122 Kidorangepanda   Arcade PCB Addict CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Kidorangepanda

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thanks OP, scooped Puppeteer and Sly Collection. Was preordering Bayonetta 2 anyway so I got dat free shipping. I'd like to get Sly TiT, but I'll wait. I'm sure it will be 10 bucks again.

#123 thorbahn3   News Editor Super Moderators   4224 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:30 AM

God Of War price matched on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=god of war

#124 alexgo  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Beyond and God of War are back in stock.

#125 FriendsofSonic  

FriendsofSonic

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

Items will not show up in stock on the website if there's less than three.

Good info to remember. Thx.

#126 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2611 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, the Best Buy site can be ridiculous at times.

Looking at Beyond. "Above the fold," you see $9.99, On Sale, Free Shipping. (Of course Free Shipping is $35 or more.)

Scroll down, it says Shipping: Not Available, with a red X. Store Pickup: has a green check, but my closest store shows Unavailable.

Add to cart. Store Pickup FREE method chosen by default. But if I go to Select a Store, neither my closest store or the next two have it. They don't even show up in the availability check (and it doesn't show what radius it's searching), so checking their zipcodes proves it. When I do see a store show up in results, it's 5+ hours away.

If I instead choose Shipping, hey, it does let me choose a shipping method. And shows me the total cost with shipping & tax. So I guess that Shipping: Unavailable thing on the first page was a lie?

So if they can ship the game to my house, why can't they ship to my closest store, which presumably would cost them less money? iam.gif

I may still order it, since Amazon is sold out and price w/ cheapest shipping still isn't bad. Just wish their site was more user friendly.

bestbuy.com is the oddest web store I've seen. It took me 5 times to add Puppeteer, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension, and Unit 13 to my cart, select shipping, and finish the checkout. At least one item would change to not available for shipping until the 5th try.

#127 TheDailyGamepad   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

TheDailyGamepad

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

That price for Puppeteer, made me bite my lip suductively. Then my wallet toke it like a champ, 50 shades of Collector transcript right there, free of charge. :P

#128 jazzman   Carpe diem CAGiversary!   1361 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

Is it safe to assume now that Sony has given up on the Vita? I have five Vita games on the backlog and I still don't have a system because I am waiting for either a price drop or any news on what to expect next from Sony.

#129 equistina  

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Is it safe to assume now that Sony has given up on the Vita? I have five Vita games on the backlog and I still don't have a system because I am waiting for either a price drop or any news on what to expect next from Sony.

I went to a store the other day and asked where the vita games where and the guy pretty much laughed in my face telling me they were cutting all physical merchandise and the vita was dying etc?

If I go by the associate then I say yes, but my gut says no.

#130 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:42 PM

Not sure if anyone else saw this from Best Buy.  Need For Speed Rivals   :xb1:

$20.99 ($16.79 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.c...speed&lp=2&cp=1

#131 dashrendar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

dashrendar

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:48 PM

No luck finding Beyond: Two Souls in stores near me. Why bother putting something on sale if it isn't stocked? Although in the case of one nearby Best Buy, the gaming section was mostly empty placeholders.

#132 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:23 AM

Not sure if anyone else saw this from Best Buy. Need For Speed Rivals :xb1:

$20.99 ($16.79 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.c...speed&lp=2&cp=1

I think I paid that much for the Xbox 360 a while ago. Can't remember.

#133 wuulee  

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

Got:

Beyond Two Souls

Puppeteer

R&C: Nexus

GoW: A

All through the web and thanks to noone13 for the GCU.

A little disappointed all had no manuals -_-. I know its something small, but it makes it feel incomplete imo.

#134 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

Beyond, Puppeteer, Ratchet and Sly all showed up today.  I wish I had known about Need for Speed since I've been waiting for that one to drop.

#135 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

Was thinking about it grabbing GoW and Beyond, but I have been hearing that Beyond might get a PS4 version so I will hold out. GoW I never liked that much and I still have the 2 psp games to beat from the PS3 saga collection. If it is that cheap again on black friday, I might grab it then.

#136 FlyingAce39   Flyin' High Again CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

FlyingAce39

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:22 AM

Was thinking about it grabbing GoW and Beyond, but I have been hearing that Beyond might get a PS4 version so I will hold out. GoW I never liked that much and I still have the 2 psp games to beat from the PS3 saga collection. If it is that cheap again on black friday, I might grab it then.

I bought it for $9.99 months ago from Best Buy. Mine is still sealed. LOL. It's in line behind God of War 2, 3, the two PSP titles, and the original, which I'm playing through now. Point is, it'll hit that price or lower again.

#137 Mcast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Great price for Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus will make a nice stocking stuffer for my little brother this christmas.

#138 Pixie Stix 88   Will Game 4 $$ CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Pixie Stix 88

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

Wanted to pick up Ratchet and Clank into the nexus but every store here is OOS. 

#139 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

Sly Cooper collection is sold out at all stores so I had it shipped. GCU and a $5 certificate, it was a little over $6 with shipping. 

#140 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

Thanks OP! Picked up Puppeteer. I can't recommend this game enough. I just finished Act one and am having a blast with it so far.

#141 JLukas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:49 AM

God of War Ascension $9.99 on Amazon is back.. it says 6 left in stock as of 10:48pm EST

#142 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

No luck finding Beyond: Two Souls in stores near me. Why bother putting something on sale if it isn't stocked? Although in the case of one nearby Best Buy, the gaming section was mostly empty placeholders.

Like seriously...why advertise something and NOT put out stock for it? Clearly they wanted to move copies of the game, I just don't see why they wouldn't bother to follow that through.

Sadly however, this is the case for all of my local Best Buys nowadays. Unless it's a just-released title, their selection falls somewhere between didilly and squat. Honestly, I think my closest store probably only had the same one copy with the funky sticker residue on the security box for the sale to begin with.

*edit*

The same can be said on ALL disc-based media they carry. It's like their new business model is basically to become a giant walk-in mall cellphone accessory kiosk.

#143 RiPPn  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

Think I may finally bite on God of War: Ascension, $8 on gcu..  I just have a feeling a God of War Collection for the PS4 is coming, but oh well can't pass this price. 

#144 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Like seriously...why advertise something and NOT put out stock for it? Clearly they wanted to move copies of the game, I just don't see why they wouldn't bother to follow that through.

Sadly however, this is the case for all of my local Best Buys nowadays. Unless it's a just-released title, their selection falls somewhere between didilly and squat. Honestly, I think my closest store probably only had the same one copy with the funky sticker residue on the security box for the sale to begin with.

*edit*

The same can be said on ALL disc-based media they carry. It's like their new business model is basically to become a giant walk-in mall cellphone accessory kiosk.

They had it in-stock when the sale started earlier this week, now they don't because they're all sold-out. What is so difficult to understand about that? They couldn't have had many to begin with and now they've cleared out their stock as intended. Where else do you shop where they have infinite of everything other than digital items?

#145 dashrendar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

dashrendar

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

They had it in-stock when the sale started earlier this week, now they don't because they're all sold-out. What is so difficult to understand about that? They couldn't have had many to begin with and now they've cleared out their stock as intended. Where else do you shop where they have infinite of everything other than digital items?

Then that's not called a sale, it's called clearance.  The main point is that they do not bother to keep most of the their physical media stocked. Half the video game section is just empty place cards where games used to be.