* * * * * 4 votes

Uplay Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity / Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition $64.99 and Steelbook Only deals (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Uplay Assassins Creed Unity Steelbook

#1 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

I know this is a MSRP "deal." but I figured I'd post for awareness sake. I think the steelbook looks pretty badass and I know a lot of us are suckers for them.  Link The sooner you preorder the earlier you can play Ubisoft's spin to win game. More details below.

ACU211_SteelBook_hero2.jpg

Far Cry 4 Steelbook only

Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition

Assassin Creed Unity Steelbook only
(Credit to YBX87 for the additional finds.)

Uplay Exclusive Offer The Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook edition is only available on the Uplay Shop.
Limited Quantities Available. Order today!
  • Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook Edition includes:
  • Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook (illustrated by Tony Moore)
  • Assassin's Creed Unity official soundtrack
  • Assassin's Creed Unity art book
  • Assassin's Creed Unity game (PC, Xbox One, PS4)
  •  
Pre-order Now and Get

| FREE SPIN TO WIN CODE |
Every single week through launch, Assassin’s Creed is giving away incredible prizes. For a chance to win, go to AssassinsCreed.com/play and spin the Guillotine wheel and try to hit the jackpot.

Every Friday brand new prizes will be given away and you will get 5 new spins and chances to win.

Offer #1 - Play the Spin to Win Game!
Pre-order early and don’t a miss a single week because once a prize is gone, it’s gone forever.

Prizes Include:
• Exotic trips – Paris, Ubisoft Montreal, Comic-Con
• Games and digital content
• Exclusive apparel and gear
• Home Entertainment Systems
• And more

Product Description

Paris, 1789. The French Revolution turns a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy. As the nation tears itself apart, a young man named Arno will embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the Revolution. His pursuit will throw him into the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation, and transform him into a true Master Assassin.

Introducing Assassin’s Creed® Unity, the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. From the storming of the Bastille to the execution of King Louis XVI, experience the French Revolution as never before, and help the people of France carve an entirely new destiny.

#2 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36892 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Thanks. I wish they sold the steelbook on its own for $10 or so, as I'd probably get it at that price.

#3 MrTrollYourAss  

MrTrollYourAss

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

I would get it if they didn't charge me about $82 for next day makes me wanna spend the extra $50 and get the collector's edition.

#4 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

who handles their shipping/ order? digital river?

i was right, it is digital river. so no way in hell i am giving them a single penny. i wouldn't even spit on them if they were on fire

#5 htz  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

who handles their shipping/ order? digital river?

DR globalTech Inc. is the authorized reseller and merchant of the products and services offered within this store.

Yep.

#6 plebeianprint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

plebeianprint

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

Wow. That steelbook is perty. Like others, I would absolutely purchase that as a standalone item. I might even hit up ebay after the game launches. But no, I will be grabbing my copy in-store.

#7 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hey OP, take your non-deal post to HDN where they slobber all over Steelbook cases.  J/K! :D

Thanks for the reminder to register my five losses on the Spin & Win this week.

FYI, if anyone is interested I have a few extra pre-order codes for AC:U so you can take part in the Spin & Win "sweepstakes" too.  Send me a PM if you are interested.  Gone.

#8 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6045 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Ugh...there's a Far Cry 4 steelbook edition as well.  I am very annoyed they didn't include these in the CEs of each respective game.

#9 cannon  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:28 PM

that's the fugliest colors on a steelbook I've seen in a while

#10 DirtyC6vette   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

DirtyC6vette

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thanks. I wish they sold the steelbook on its own for $10 or so, as I'd probably get it at that price.

They actually are selling the steelbook on its own for $12.99 plus shipping

#11 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

maybe some of you brave souls can take the leap,

far cry 4 steelbook only http://shop.ubi.com/..._Steelbook.html

far cry 4 steelbook edition http://shop.ubi.com/...ok_Edition.html

assassin creed unity steelbook only http://shop.ubi.com/..._Steelbook.html

#12 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6045 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

They actually are selling the steelbook on its own for $12.99 plus shipping

Where?  I tried removing just the game from the cart and it takes away the steelbook as well despite the listed $12.99 price.

#13 DirtyC6vette   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

DirtyC6vette

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

Where?  I tried removing just the game from the cart and it takes away the steelbook as well despite the listed $12.99 price.

You have to look up the seperate listing for just the steelbook

#14 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1728 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

DR globalTech Inc. is the authorized reseller and merchant of the products and services offered within this store.

Yep.

So what's the deal with digital river?

#15 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

i just posted it

#16 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6045 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

i just posted it

Thank you.

#17 DastardDurango   Deal Hunter CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

DastardDurango

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

What are the chances of getting this the day it releases if I were to pre order today?

#18 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6045 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

What are the chances of getting this the day it releases if I were to pre order today?

I would say pretty poor given my past orders with Uplay and Digital River.  Even if you pay for the overnight shipping, it still usually takes them a day or two after release to process the order.  

#19 ghost1914  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

That's a cool steelbook. I love the one I got from the black flag ce

#20 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

I'll post these to the Op when I get home. Thanks YBX

#21 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

if i preorder just the steelbook alone is it pretty easy to cancel before release date if i change my mind? and is the funds charged right now or when it ships? i never ordered from them before so have no idea

#22 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:03 PM

if i preorder just the steelbook alone is it pretty easy to cancel before release date if i change my mind? and is the funds charged right now or when it ships? i never ordered from them before so have no idea

not if you are dealing with digital river, because that would make too much sense.

#23 DrewCroft  

DrewCroft

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

I really hope the Steelbook Editon comes with the actual game case, and the Steelbook.

#24 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

not if you are dealing with digital river, because that would make too much sense.

yea im skipping it anyhow now. I preordered the CE for $60 at best buy and like this steelbook since the CE dont come with a steelbook but after Shipping and taxes my total is almost double what the item price is. 

#25 cannon  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:46 AM

That art style looks like a cartoon drawn in ghetto 3D glasses colors as a 'rad swag gamers' Penny Arcade collaboration. Or is it just me seeing this and feeling so sure about not liking physical mass produced cases anymore?

#26 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

Buying those steelbooks. Awesome looking. Brings to me about to $60 on the games after GCU plus $10 cert.

#27 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

Ok. Sorry it took all day to update the post. Thanks again YBX87.

#28 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5405 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

I'm trying to find a Uplay promo code, but can't find anything.  Anybody have one that's working?

Nice find, OP.  This is a nice little special edition for AC for the price. 

#29 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4223 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Exactly why I'm not buying this. Ubi once again is screwing customers. The steelbook was included last year with the $130 CE. This year it's a $12 plus shipping add-on.

#30 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10009 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

Exactly why I'm not buying this. Ubi once again is screwing customers. The steelbook was included last year with the $130 CE. This year it's a $12 plus shipping add-on.

Wait, are you not buying it because it's a cool SB or because he loves his from ACIV? :)