* * * * * 4 votes

PSN Heroine Flash Sale: $2.25 Mirror's Edge, $5 Portal 2, and More until 10/20 @ 12 PM PT/3 PM ET!

#121 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:22 PM

well, he is a casual, what do you expect.

I agree with that, and there are some games I gave a chance to and liked.
However Time and Eternity just looked bad.

#122 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

DC comics :D

...meh  :-k

#123 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

...meh  :-k

It's the same example at yourself
ATM Machine, Automatic Teller Machine Machine
DC Comics, Detective comics comics

#124 rockykai   Banned Banned   384 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

rockykai

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

Too late now I suppose, but I'll say it for anyone else considering it: my advice would be to go with the Vita version anyway.  I have the PS3 version and wish I would've bought the Vita one instead, because, depending on your TV, the PS3 version may or may not be very playable...

On my TV, it's not too bad (but still kinda annoying), but on my wife's TV, there's so much input lag that it's unplayable.  For fixing that, the calibration options are really limited, to the point where (if I remember correctly) you just have to go through a process of trial and error to see what kind of setting works.  And if you're a beginner like me, it's very hard to configure like that, because you're never quite sure whether it still needs calibration or whether you're just playing poorly.

TL;DR: Input lag can be a big issue on PS3 depending on your TV, and the calibration features are very limited.

I agree with what you said - fortunately I came prepared for that since the TV it's hooked up to has little input lag.

I've pretty much only played DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) games on tube TVs or in arcades, and I can bet that it's really hard to play them on TVs with a 40ms input lag or higher. 

EDIT:  Forget my last part.  I can't get a consistent answer about calibration on the net.

#125 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

I agree with what you said - fortunately I came prepared for that since the TV it's hooked up to has little input lag.

I've pretty much only played DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) games on tube TVs or in arcades, and I can bet that it's really hard to play them on TVs with a 40ms input lag or higher. 

EDIT:  Forget my last part.  I can't get a consistent answer about calibration on the net.

This should help http://www.displayla...splay-database/

#126 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:41 PM

It's the same example at yourself
ATM Machine, Automatic Teller Machine Machine
DC Comics, Detective comics comics

but there's an actual site called dccomics.com 

ATM machine and RPG games is just something society misconstrues

dc comics is like teeter tottering with it since its an actual site and what not. but I know what you mean 

#127 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:52 PM

but there's an actual site called dccomics.com 

ATM machine and RPG games is just something society misconstrues

dc comics is like teeter tottering with it since its an actual site and what not. but I know what you mean 

The problem is DC COMICS even .com is redundant

#128 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:01 PM

It's more of a 16big game due to the animation quality and color pallette if you ask me...

I like the game, but I got bored real fast with grinding.. which should never be in a brawler.

Yeah, good call.  It's difficult to differentiate between the fake retro games sometimes, and Pilgrim takes a lot of inspiration from the 8-bit fighters, but you're right, the graphics wouldn't be possible on an 8-bit machine.  Too much color.

Some of us don't let Metacritic run our lives.

well, he is a casual, what do you expect.

I agree with that, and there are some games I gave a chance to and liked.
However Time and Eternity just looked bad.

You guys are killing me here.  What part of my obsessive posting and obsessive buying habits make you think I'm casual?  We should be so lucky if casual gamers bought the bizarre games that I do.

I tend not to want to buy stuff that sucks, so yes, I read game reviews.  They've prevented me from buying a lot of stuff I would have felt ripped off on.  I've always enjoyed game journalism and spent more time reading and writing about games than I should (time that could have been spent playing games instead!).

I understand you guys think I'm insulting your game (and thereby you, personally!) by calling it bad.  I'm not.  There's nothing wrong with enjoying a "bad" game, and I have enjoyed many crappy games, especially crappy Japanese games.  In fact, all the fervor in this thread caused me to buy Time and Eternity, and I'll be giving it another chance.  There is no reason to be hurt.  I'm sure I like plenty of games that you would think suck, and I also think a lot of games that are reviewed well are pretty sucky.

#129 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

I don't know when Rozz hacked YBX's account but come on now guys.

#130 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

Haha what??  Ever since I entered this thread I've been feeling like I'm on the moon, confused, or somehow otherwise out of the loop.

#131 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:16 PM

Haha what?? Ever since I entered this thread I've been feeling like I'm on the moon, confused, or somehow otherwise out of the loop.

Didn't know the population on the moon enjoyed Time and Eternity?

#132 TeamSwish   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Only thing that interests me is HyperNep...backlog is already full with Tales games and FF games that I'll prob get to in ummm 5 years.

Is it wrong for me to be excited for my daughter to start preschool so I can have more PS3 time?

#133 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4340 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, good call.  It's difficult to differentiate between the fake retro games sometimes, and Pilgrim takes a lot of inspiration from the 8-bit fighters, but you're right, the graphics wouldn't be possible on an 8-bit machine.  Too much color.

You guys are killing me here.  What part of my obsessive posting and obsessive buying habits make you think I'm casual?  We should be so lucky if casual gamers bought the bizarre games that I do.

I tend not to want to buy stuff that sucks, so yes, I read game reviews.  They've prevented me from buying a lot of stuff I would have felt ripped off on.  I've always enjoyed game journalism and spent more time reading and writing about games than I should (time that could have been spent playing games instead!).

I understand you guys think I'm insulting your game (and thereby you, personally!) by calling it bad.  I'm not.  There's nothing wrong with enjoying a "bad" game, and I have enjoyed many crappy games, especially crappy Japanese games.  In fact, all the fervor in this thread caused me to buy Time and Eternity, and I'll be giving it another chance.  There is no reason to be hurt.  I'm sure I like plenty of games that you would think suck, and I also think a lot of games that are reviewed well are pretty sucky.

I never said you were casual.

#134 Adampro123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

Portal 2, Mirrors edge and Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection all for under $10. Now that's a good deal.

#135 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

I never said you were casual.

I was just addressing what I'd quoted, so no worries.

#136 The Linguist   .5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

The Linguist

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

I only just now realized this was a "heroine" sale and not a "heroin" sale. I thought maybe all the games featured white horses or something.

#137 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

I only just now realized this was a "heroine" sale and not a "heroin" sale. I thought maybe all the games featured white horses or something.

Heroine's a hell of a drug.

#138 Budget Rock   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Budget Rock

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:07 AM

I picked up Portal 2 and Beyond Good and Evil, the latter of which I hear bares some similarities to Zelda (which I'm kind of a fanboy of). Hard to pass up a good sale!

#139 The Linguist   .5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

The Linguist

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

Heroine's a hell of a drug.

It must be dangerous; there's a whole internet army trying to keep others off it. #gamergate

#140 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

anyone played Battle Princesses? Looks like Odin sphere a bit in the art style. I rarely buy digital only games but for 7 bucks i was wondering if it was worth a look

#141 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

anyone played Battle Princesses? Looks like Odin sphere a bit in the art style. I rarely buy digital only games but for 7 bucks i was wondering if it was worth a look

I'm buying it now but won't be playing it for a while. It does resemble Odin Sphere but from what I've read and watched it seems to be more Code of Princess crossed with something kind of like Swords and Soldiers (since I can't come up with a better comparison for that part).

#142 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7118 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

CGRUndertow calls Battle Princesses the Golurk of videogames, nobody was expecting a strategy action rpg hybrid. But hey, some people like this game.

#143 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6468 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Bought Battle Princess, BloodRayne, Resident Evil 3 and Scott Pilgrim yesterday with my remaining credit.  Today, I'm going to buy a $50 PSN card for Gamestop to pick up Beyond Good & Evil, both Hatsune Miku games, Giana Sisters, Mirror's Edge, Mortal Kombat Kollection, Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Hyperdimension Neptunia.  That way, I get Pro Rewards points and don't have to use my credit card on PSN.

And, I know there are YouTube videos that show how to do it, but has anybody here actually upgraded the hard drive on a slim PS3.  I bought a 120 gb system that I found on clearance two years ago at Target, but I wish I had bought a 500 gb system since I constantly have to delete games to make room for new games.  

#144 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5280 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

Why both Hatsune Miku games? They're the same game. I'm also pretty sure you don't get points towards your PUR account since the cards need to be activated at register and would be easy to abuse. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but things like PSN cards don't even show up in your account history.

#145 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

Guess I'm buying Scott Pilgrim again. Bought it by itself a while back but don't have the MP/Wallace/Knives DLC so I guess I'll just pretending I'm buying a discounted DLC bundle since that's still half off that stuff.

Why both Hatsune Miku games? They're the same game. I'm also pretty sure you don't get points towards your PUR account since the cards need to be activated at register and would be easy to abuse. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but things like PSN cards don't even show up in your account history.

Yeah they do, you get PUR points at the new item purchase rate. Not sure what would be a usable about them.

#146 aaronrodgers   Yo...Siggy, Phido! CAGiversary!   1800 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

aaronrodgers

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

Does Beyond Good and Evil allow you to invert your camera? I heard a while ago you might not be able to =/

#147 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

RE3 was the original spinoff and CV was the original 3 but due to Sony the title switched because they wanted a numbered game on the PSone. That should clear up why RE3 we know of today is quite different from the rest and why CV is more in line with the first 2 games.

#148 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

Might trade in my Portal 2 disc. Gets $8 base at GS. Already have BG&E and Mirror's Edge in my digital backlog on 360 - any reason to double dip with the PS3 versions?

PS3 trophies = Steam achievements, but Steam achievements =/= PS3 trophies. Buying the physical disk for PS3 new gets you a Steam copy of the game as well.

#149 Rychy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:44 PM

Does Beyond Good and Evil allow you to invert your camera? I heard a while ago you might not be able to =/

I'm glad you brought this up before I bought it. Now I remember I didn't buy it a while ago because you can't invert just the Y axis. Invert changes both X and Y if I remember correctly.  

#150 bvirus   Alpha & Omega CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

In for HDNV can't believe the price thanks OP.