* * * - - 7 votes

Best Buy PS4 Games on Sale - Shadow of Mordor $50, Wolfenstein $32, Infamous SS $30, Killzone $20

#61 E_Man   Classically Trained!! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

Still waiting on Wolfenstein: The New Order to drop to $19.99. Guess this will be a Black Friday buy.

#62 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1095 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

SOM is pretty fun. The fighting mechanics are very similar to Batman's.

How open-world is it? I'm not really a fan of total sandbox games, I like to have a fairly straightforward sense of what I'm supposed to do next.

#63 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

Its open but the map isn't even that big. When you look at it you'll be like "shit, this is too much"....but then you discover you can pretty much run from one end to the other in 60 seconds. Its nothing like Skyrim or even Far Cry 3.

#64 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:13 PM

Its open but the map isn't even that big. When you look at it you'll be like "shit, this is too much"....but then you discover you can pretty much run from one end to the other in 60 seconds. Its nothing like Skyrim or even Far Cry 3.

Good news for him, but that's dissapointing for me. :(

I'll still pick this up at $50 if the sale lasts until next Sunday and I can grab this as my $39.99 or more game.

#65 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

Shadow of mordor on sale already ? Wait till next month I shall !

#66 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1095 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

Ok, that sounds alright then. I started playing Arkham City a while back and I hated it.

#67 AteBit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

Still waiting on Wolfenstein: The New Order to drop to $19.99. Guess this will be a Black Friday buy.

You can get it for ~$20 now if you don't mind used. Gamestop has it for $28 - BD coupon and 10% Pro discount = almost exactly $20.

#68 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

How open-world is it? I'm not really a fan of total sandbox games, I like to have a fairly straightforward sense of what I'm supposed to do next.

It's a small sized open-world.  It's not even 1/10th the size of GTA V.  So it's not overwhelming from a sandlot game perspective.  It's not linear since you can go about different missions so it doesn't sound like your cup of tea.  If you played Batman, this is more like Batman: Arkham City and less like Batman: Arkham Asylum.  

Personally, I support any game as long as it's good.  I think voting with your wallet matters so I like to support any games (new IP's in particular) if it's well received.  SOM really came out of nowhere so even though I never gave it much thought, I ended up getting this game within the 1st week of release.

How many captains/war chiefs are there to kill? The slots in Sauron's army is fixed but the defeated enemies end up getting replaced with newer enemies ....

#69 trilokavijaya   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

trilokavijaya

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

I'd like to advocate for Wolfenstein...great game, good story, AMAZING soundtrack (industrial/grinding/rivethead/dragon-tattoo/Trent Reznor -esque) lots of Hurrah momments, and my first platinum trophy. For trophy hunters, Wolfenstein's got great gameplay that's cuppled w/ very logical and very easy to attain trophies. All n all a hardy offering from ID software.

--

I have this on both PC and PS4 to support ID. Wolfenstien hits all the sweet-spots in all the right ways...and let me say this...there's so many hurrah moments, that once i beat it on norm, and was treated to the atrocious pre-endboss cutscene, i dived right back in to kill him proper on ubber difficulty.

--

Some of the hurrah moments almost made me cry, eps. the part before the resistence gets to the hellicopters: "i learned to fly" moment...OMG. ;*( made me think of my mother...

#70 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

Don't forget the "loud music in Germany" moment. Might be my top gaming moment of 2014, so fucking epic.

#71 Ranner   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hmm, I don't know whether I should wait till Black Friday for Knack, Killzone, and Infamous. That's about 60 bucks, but there could potentially be a better deal on Black Friday through gamefly or Best Buy itself.

As a wise man once said, "Wait for black Friday and claim what is rightfully yours from the hands of crazed shoppers everywhere." Besides its only a month away. I'd rather wait a bit and save a lot.

#72 BigDumbHippy   I love you CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

BigDumbHippy

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Killzone for $20 shouldnt be too bad of an investment, even if it turns out to blow donkey cocks....right?

I was looking forward to it, but sadly it's really really really lackluster. It's really pretty and the zipline thing is fun. Also if you want play local Co-op you gotta spend another $10

#73 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

I'm 4 chapters away from beating wolfenstein and I must say it is one of the most fun single player first person shooters I've played in a long time !!! Only really annoying part for me has been the area betore you take that train, gaaaaaaawd !!!!!! Smh. Imma beat it today and return it ^_^

#74 Blumpkin   Lunar Lander CAGiversary!   3101 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

I hope SoM stays at $50 or less for next week too. I want to get it with the $30 GCU deal.

#75 trilokavijaya   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

trilokavijaya

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm 4 chapters away from beating wolfenstein and I must say it is one of the most fun single player first person shooters I've played in a long time !!! Only really annoying part for me has been the area betore you take that train, gaaaaaaawd !!!!!! Smh. Imma beat it today and return it ^_^

Ch 12 can either be an epic mow-down, or anoying as Fuck. You can run past many of the enemies, use your auto-rifle rockets, and grab a guide to show you where the gold is...some gold in ch 12, is kinda cheap. Not like Ch 2 where you shoot out a latch from under a staircase in the utmost perfect spot. now that's cheap. But the ch 12 gold youtube vid will show you how to skip a chunk...and i'm projecting here...the part where you're hiding in the locker right after you get a railgun (Gold Rabbit's in here), then you got this epic span of enimies/highway out front...yeah, you can completely go around them all...

#76 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

Spoilers.

#77 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Looks like they are changing the official stance on post purchase price match to best buy's price with GCU:

http://www.forums.be...ght/true#M16758

Original policy (last post):

http://www.forums.be...ght/true#M15642

#78 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

Just beat wolfenstein, wonderful game but man oh man the last boss was a pain !!!! Such a small area to fight him in and he takes a ton of hits, even on the easier difficulty he takes a ton !!!! Smh. Almost ruined the game for me. Good luck to others playing it lol

#79 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

Looks like they are changing the official stance on post purchase price match to best buy's price with GCU:

Original policy (last post):

http://www.forums.be...ght/true#M15642

Guess that means they will lose some pre-orders in favor of waiting 2 weeks after release for it to go on sale.

#80 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

Hes prob confused. You aren't PMing you are getting a Price adjustment which is different. Honestly even if they don't let you it doesnt matter because you can just return rebuy and still get the discount back. It really makes no sense for them to not let you adjust the price since you can easily get around it.

#81 PrinnyOtaku   二人の秘密の基地 CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

PrinnyOtaku

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

It really only affects the games with the $10 promo attached to them. For everything else a return/rebuy at the lower price with GCU is fine, especially for us with Elite Plus. I was gonna call CS to get my $8 for Mordor but I knew I'd have a hard time. Yeah, people were successful but that's so much time on the phone for just $8. Eh.

I'll just have to live with the $38 price for the $10 promo games. It really doesn't matter to much for me, I usually complete the games fast enough to break even or be a few bucks up when trading back in to BBY.

#82 paulgarcia  

paulgarcia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:15 AM

Yeah hopefully he is confused. I don't want to keep return/rebuy all the time. Doesn't bestbuy have a company that keeps track of your returns? Don't they deny your returns for a certain period of time if you return to much?

#83 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

im a lil disappointed with the kz community, its NOTHIN like ps3 kz3. that was fun and excellent. im a sony fan to the core, but they dropped the ball with this release. while i encourage anyone here to get it for $20 as its my main FPS ATM, the revisions , patches, and updates to finish the game a year (half) later says enough on its own.

#84 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:53 AM

This Edgar guy literally copy and pasted my post in the Best Buy forums lol! Plagiarism to the max o.o

#85 TheZeeMan  

TheZeeMan

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:03 AM

I got it for $16 after GCU a few months ago and loved it. Just got the platinum last week. I don't quite understand all the negativity around it. I actually think it's above average for shooter standards. It's got a bit of a learning curve in single player though. The first level is open ended, and if you don't realize you can deactivate alarms and sneak around using your abilities, you'll get your ass kicked.

Is it like Killzone: Merc for Vita?

Also not sure if anyone mentioned it, but MLB 14 is part of this deal for $29.99 or $23.99 with GCU. Will KZ really get cheaper than $20 other than BF? If I'm only going to save a few bucks, I think I'd rather just get it now.

#86 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4486 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

Also not sure if anyone mentioned it, but MLB 14 is part of this deal for $29.99 or $23.99 with GCU. Will KZ really get cheaper than $20 other than BF? If I'm only going to save a few bucks, I think I'd rather just get it now.

doubt you do much better on KZ unless you use it in a future b2g1 from BBY or GS. I'd say (unless you are just throwing it in your backlog ) go ahead and pick it up.

#87 Havok83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1896 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

Hes prob confused. You aren't PMing you are getting a Price adjustment which is different. Honestly even if they don't let you it doesnt matter because you can just return rebuy and still get the discount back. It really makes no sense for them to not let you adjust the price since you can easily get around it.

lol...I don't think that really matters to Best Buy.

#88 trilokavijaya   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

trilokavijaya

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:16 AM

Just beat wolfenstein, wonderful game but man oh man the last boss was a pain !!!! Such a small area to fight him in and he takes a ton of hits, even on the easier difficulty he takes a ton !!!! Smh. Almost ruined the game for me. Good luck to others playing it lol

I don't know if this is a fact, however...you have to time the shots so that he moans. If he doesn't grunt, it doesn't count.

#89 MrBeatdown   DumbAssGamer CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

MrBeatdown

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

Hard to say. It's been a while since I played Mercenary. That game feels more like the PS3 games than SF does. And Mercenary feels a little more reliant on traditional shooting than SF. SF has things like the OWL drone and abilities that give you more tactical options. It's not quite as linear as Merc in some areas either.

#90 LeonSKennedy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1041 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

LeonSKennedy

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

I'm guessing Wolfenstein will be $19.99 on Black Friday, and Shadow of Mordor possibly $35 if not $29.99.