* * * * * 5 votes

PlayStation TV Compatibility List (Vita, PSP, PS1, PS Minis, and PS Mobile)

#31 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:54 AM

Added to the PS Store on PS TV this week:

Vita

The Hungry Horde

Woah Dave!

Woah Dave! is one of the current PS+ titles for Vita and Hungry Horde was free for PS+ last month.

#32 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

Added some new titles that I tested out that have to be gotten through search or the download list:

Vita

Best of Board Games

Resogun

Rogue Legacy

The Swapper

PSP

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Minis

The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks!

Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl

Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims

Gold Medalist

Kaleidoscope

Mad Blocker Alpha

Where is my Heart?

#33 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

Here are the new additions to the PS Store on PS TV:

Vita

Guacamelee!

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

Rollers of the Realm

PSP

Brandish: The Dark Revenant

#34 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

Lumines works now

#35 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

I can confirm that Lumines Electronic Symphony works, though it'll bring up a prompt on the PS Store that it doesn't work. Just download it anyway, apply the update, and it'll work just fine. The only issues with the game is that it requires touch for menus, so be sure to have that option on in the PS button menu.

#36 ritchardf  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

hot shots golf on vita doesnt work? dont even remember any touch controls in that game, kinda weird

#37 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

hot shots golf on vita doesnt work? dont even remember any touch controls in that game, kinda weird

There are touch and gyroscopic controls for the camera that would have to be remapped or have options to turn it off.

#38 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

New to the PS Store on PS TV this week:

Vita

Lumines Electronic Symphony

It still has the prompt that it doesn't actually work with PS TV when downloading it, so just ignore that.

#39 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8942 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:52 AM

Good thread. I'm the proud new owner of a PS TV and look forward to filling out my library with more titles.

#40 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11592 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

So got a PSTV today after Amazon matched Best Buy. It was hard to resist at $60, but I of course am disappointing that there are still a few titles that I have that don't work (currently at 23% of my library).

I can understand Tearaway, but how does Soul Sacrifice work in Japan but not the US? Also Y's works in Japan but not the US. Crazy stuff.

Anyways I noticed under PS Classic you didn't have Suikoden 1/Suikoden 2 listed. They both worked on my PSTV.

Doesn't work for Vita Games still:

Metrico (PS+)

Injustice

Little Big Planet

Escape Plan (PS+)

Tear Away (for obvious reasons)

Kick and Fennick (just added from PS+ as well...)

#41 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8942 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

Pretty sure the new Reel Fishing game from Natsume is PS TV compatible. I have it installed but haven't launched it yet.

#42 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

So got a PSTV today after Amazon matched Best Buy. It was hard to resist at $60, but I of course am disappointing that there are still a few titles that I have that don't work (currently at 23% of my library).

I can understand Tearaway, but how does Soul Sacrifice work in Japan but not the US? Also Y's works in Japan but not the US. Crazy stuff.

Anyways I noticed under PS Classic you didn't have Suikoden 1/Suikoden 2 listed. They both worked on my PSTV.

Doesn't work for Vita Games still:

Metrico (PS+)

Injustice

Little Big Planet

Escape Plan (PS+)

Tear Away (for obvious reasons)

Kick and Fennick (just added from PS+ as well...)

Soul Sacrifice Delta works but the original Soul Sacrifice doesn't work because they are too lazy to make it compatible. The cynical side of me also thinks it's to force people to buy Delta

#43 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11592 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:51 AM

Soul Sacrifice Delta works but the original Soul Sacrifice doesn't work because they are too lazy to make it compatible. The cynical side of me also thinks it's to force people to buy Delta

Is the MSRP usually $17.99 on the store? They will probably get me to upgrade if that goes even cheaper. So I guess they'll win...

Y's irks me the most though. The rest of the games I already finished or probably won't bother with for now.

#44 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8709 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for this list. Bought a Vita TV today for $40 off Amazon.

As of right now the only two games that make me kinda sad no compatibility is the YS game and Hyperdimensional Neptunia.

I bought the system for P4G and Tales of Hearts R which do work.

#45 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

Here are the newest games added in the past week or so to the PS TV's PS Store:

Vita

AeternoBlade

Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk

Best of Arcade Games

Criminal Girls: Invite Only

Grim Fandango Remastered

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 2

Minutes

Reel Fishing: Master's Challenge

SpongeBob HeroPants

PS1

Myst

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth3 was announced for Western release and will support PS TV:

Take Black Heart's hand and hop on a floating book to enter another dimension! Hyperdimension Neptunia­™ Re;Birth3: V Generation will be hitting North America and Europe Summer 2015, exclusively on the PlayStation®Vita system in both retail and digital formats! It will also be compatible with PlayStation®TV. A remake of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, this new version features more story, more scenarios, and extra heapings of fourth-wall-breaking comedy! The game will also include dual audio, with Japanese audio available as free DLC.

#46 ritchardf  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

wonder if rebirth1 will be pstv compatible soon then, since 2 and 3 are. would be nice to know with the flash sale today.

#47 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8709 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:15 AM

Now to decide if I double dip on Persona 3 Portable. I have it for PSP on UMD but playing that fullscreen on a TV sounds nice.

#48 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:35 AM

I can confirm that Lumines Electronic Symphony works, though it'll bring up a prompt on the PS Store that it doesn't work. Just download it anyway, apply the update, and it'll work just fine. The only issues with the game is that it requires touch for menus, so be sure to have that option on in the PS button menu.

Does the physical copy work? I've heard yes for the digital version, but no for the physical copy.

#49 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Does the physical copy work? I've heard yes for the digital version, but no for the physical copy.

If you want to buy me a physical copy, I can test it for you. ;) I don't see why there would be a difference, but I can't say for sure since I'm pretty much all-in on digital for Vita/PS TV.

Now to decide if I double dip on Persona 3 Portable. I have it for PSP on UMD but playing that fullscreen on a TV sounds nice.

Definitely grab it whenever it's on sale next, which shouldn't be too much longer from now.

#50 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Just got the physical copy, so I'll report once I'm able to test it out.

#51 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

my playstation tv arrived today woo hoo

#52 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Happy to report my physical copy of Lumines works just fine on the TV!

#53 ubdu   vile CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

I don't think Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror is fully compatible. I failed a level and could not select anything to go to the menu or restart the level.

#54 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8942 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

Bad news: Q*Bert Rebooted is not PS TV compatible. Shame on Sony.

Good news: Despite not being listed as compatible, Strider 2 (PSOne Classic) is compatible! Took a little while to figure out how to switch discs, but it runs great.

#55 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:27 PM

I don't think Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror is fully compatible. I failed a level and could not select anything to go to the menu or restart the level.

The list isn't necessarily about games that are fully compatible, just those that work. If a game has issues that should be pointed out, you're free to add a note next to its name like some of the others on the list so that others can keep that in mind if they're looking to purchase it.

That specific issue sounds like it doesn't offer button controls for that menu, so you might need to turn on alternate touch controls (analog or touchpad depending on the controller being used) to make that work.

Bad news: Q*Bert Rebooted is not PS TV compatible. Shame on Sony.

Good news: Despite not being listed as compatible, Strider 2 (PSOne Classic) is compatible! Took a little while to figure out how to switch discs, but it runs great.

It's up to the devs/pubs to get their games whitelisted for PS TV, though I don't know if the Vita version uses touch or gyro stuff or not. The Kick & Fennick devs decided not to get their game whitelisted even though the only thing I see that could be an issue are touch menus, which hasn't stopped others from getting their games on PS TV.

#56 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8942 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

It's up to the devs/pubs to get their games whitelisted for PS TV, though I don't know if the Vita version uses touch or gyro stuff or not. The Kick & Fennick devs decided not to get their game whitelisted even though the only thing I see that could be an issue are touch menus, which hasn't stopped others from getting their games on PS TV.

It comes from Loot Entertainment, which AFAIK is owned by Sony. Not that Sony has ever really prioritized Vita and PS TV, but you'd think they'd do their best to support the fledgling PS TV... It was just a letdown because I specifically told them I wanted to stream it from PS TV and they didn't mention compatibility issues.

#57 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:16 AM

It comes from Loot Entertainment, which AFAIK is owned by Sony. Not that Sony has ever really prioritized Vita and PS TV, but you'd think they'd do their best to support the fledgling PS TV... It was just a letdown because I specifically told them I wanted to stream it from PS TV and they didn't mention compatibility issues.

They're under the Sony Pictures label, so it's not the SCEA label proper. Q*Bert is also a Sony Pictures property, but this new version appeared on PC/Mobile first from an external publisher and developer.

That sucks that they couldn't bother to mention that it wouldn't be PS TV compatible to save you the trouble of finding out for yourself.

#58 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

I got my PS TV to remote play my PS4. Does it work the other way as well? Can I remote play my PS TV on the PS4?

#59 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69326 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

No.

#60 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

Couple of quick things.

While I was able to install OlliOlli on the PS TV, I could not play it. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, Injustice is not compatible sadly.