* * * * * 5 votes

PlayStation TV Compatibility List (Vita, PSP, PS1, PS Minis, and PS Mobile)

#91 cimerians   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

cimerians

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

I just found this thread today and sent it to a friend. Thanks a whole lot for keeping this thread up to date and creating it. So very helpful. Just one question, if a game is colored grey in the list does that mean you need to transfer it by some other method?

Really wish the lackluster Shinobido 2 would work, seems to me with a proper controller it could be playable :P

#92 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

I just found this thread today and sent it to a friend. Thanks a whole lot for keeping this thread up to date and creating it. So very helpful. Just one question, if a game is colored grey in the list does that mean you need to transfer it by some other method?

Really wish the lackluster Shinobido 2 would work, seems to me with a proper controller it could be playable :P

It means it was on the original Sony-made compatibility list as a game that should work, but isn't on the PS Store and nobody here has been able to confirm whether it's playable through other means.

#93 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

New game added to the PS Store on the PS TV this week:

Vita

Best of Arcade Games Deluxe Edition

#94 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

Citizens of Earth has a new update that is supposed to make it compatible with PSTV and adds Cross Save support for those with the PS4 version, so it may be added to the PS Store next week.

#95 Emoney244   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1695 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:13 AM

Can anyone confirm if Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops works with the PSTV? It's on sale this week for $4. 

#96 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

Can anyone confirm if Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops works with the PSTV? It's on sale this week for $4.

It's not compatible with Vita, so I doubt it. I can check myself later if you want.

#97 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

Curious, how many of you are using the PS TV instead of playing the games on your Vita? I've thought about getting one as I have quite a few Vita games and the idea of playing them on my nice big 4K TV is appealing, but not sure if it's worth the current price as we all expect these things to continue dropping in price. I wanted to know what you guys who own it think and how do the games look blown up on a larger screen?

#98 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

Curious, how many of you are using the PS TV instead of playing the games on your Vita? I've thought about getting one as I have quite a few Vita games and the idea of playing them on my nice big 4K TV is appealing, but not sure if it's worth the current price as we all expect these things to continue dropping in price. I wanted to know what you guys who own it think and how do the games look blown up on a larger screen?

The games look great on it - pretty much like playing a PS3 game.

It's nicer to play on the PS TV because the DualShock has much better sticks than the actual Vita.

I play on the PS TV when I'm sitting in front of it. If I want to play from a different room, I still break out the Vita. I use PS+ cloud saving to transfer saves back and forth, as swapping the memory card around is a hassle.

#99 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

The games look great on it - pretty much like playing a PS3 game.

It's nicer to play on the PS TV because the DualShock has much better sticks than the actual Vita.

I play on the PS TV when I'm sitting in front of it. If I want to play from a different room, I still break out the Vita. I use PS+ cloud saving to transfer saves back and forth, as swapping the memory card around is a hassle.

You can use a DualShock 3 or 4 right? It's good to know the games look great on the PS TV though, I still feel like I want to wait for that magic $60 or less mark on PSTV though and I feel like it will hit that price sooner rather than later. 

#100 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

You can use a DualShock 3 or 4 right? It's good to know the games look great on the PS TV though, I still feel like I want to wait for that magic $60 or less mark on PSTV though and I feel like it will hit that price sooner rather than later.

It's been lower than that a lot lately.

#101 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

Forgot to mention, as far as looks, Frisky and I have posted several PS TV videos in this thread.

Yes, it supports DualShock 3 and 4. I use DualShock 3 since I own one already, but DS4 would be a little nicer since its touch surface can be used for touch functions with PS TV.

You can get one for $60 used now. Hopping on during the BestBuy or Amazon sales would've been best, but there still might be another sale to look forward to if you prefer new. Also, a few Amazon sellers had decent deals last time I checked.

#102 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

Here are the recent additions to the PS Store on PS TV:

Vita

Broken Age

Sayonara UmiharaKawase+

Shovel Knight

Sketchcross

Toukiden: Kiwami

Toukiden's reappearance is because Koei Tecmo puts up bundled versions of their games with some DLC at launch and than replaces it with the barebones version a few weeks later.

Updated the list with the new additions along with adding an additional section for apps.

#103 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:47 AM

I can confirm a couple of things that work or don't work on PS TV that have to be downloaded via search or the download list:

Works:

Vita

Jet Car Stunts

Titan Souls - Not on its PS Store

Apps

MLB.TV Premium - Free accounts can watch the Game of the Day for free despite the premium name.

PSP

Me and My Katamari - Uses the face buttons for right stick controls, so it's a perfect fit to remap to the DS3/DS4 right stick.

Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron - I suspect the other Star Wars PSP stuff works if this does, but I need confirmation on that. RS has alternate control options to use the face buttons as a makeshift right stick that can then be remapped to the right stick on DS3/DS4.

PS1

Suikoden

Suikoden II

Doesn't Work:

Vita

Run Sackboy! Run!

Switch Galaxy Ultra - Supports touch as an option, but has button controls to do everything so there's no reason it couldn't be compatible unless I missed something on Vita.

PSP

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure - :-(

#104 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11246 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

You are right about at least one more Star Wars title: Battlefront II now works via direct download as well.

#105 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

Went to see if I could get MGS Portable Ops on my PS TV to see if it works and there's not even a download option on the Download List, so it's not Vita compatible through that route. All that's left would be to transfer it to Vita from a PS3 than put that memory card in the PS TV and that's a ridiculous route to take to even test it, so I'd bet that it's not compatible at all. Could be wrong, but I'd prefer Konami make it Vita and PS TV compatible to save everybody the hassle.

#106 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8604 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

I can confirm a couple of things that work or don't work on PS TV that have to be downloaded via search or the download list:

Works:

Vita
Jet Car Stunts
Titan Souls - Not on its PS Store

Apps
MLB.TV Premium - Free accounts can watch the Game of the Day for free despite the premium name.

PSP
Me and My Katamari - Uses the face buttons for right stick controls, so it's a perfect fit to remap to the DS3/DS4 right stick.
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron - I suspect the other Star Wars PSP stuff works if this does, but I need confirmation on that. RS has alternate control options to use the face buttons as a makeshift right stick that can then be remapped to the right stick on DS3/DS4.

PS1
Suikoden
Suikoden II

Doesn't Work:

Vita
Run Sackboy! Run!
Switch Galaxy Ultra - Supports touch as an option, but has button controls to do everything so there's no reason it couldn't be compatible unless I missed something on Vita.

PSP

Damn, I just added Gurumin to my cart. Not sure if I want to bite now despite the download only being $2.50 for Golden Week.

#107 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

Doesn't Work:

Vita

Run Sackboy! Run!

PSP

I asked the publisher to whitelist Gurumin for PS TV and they said they're looking into it. For $2.50, I say buy it and hope for the best. (Alternately, Gurumin is also available on Steam. See my review.)

#108 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker does not work on PS TV.

Played some Sketchcross and it works quite well.

I'm going to go through the list of Vita demos that I have to see what works on PS TV to improve that part of the list when I can today.

#109 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

Here's Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron in action on PS TV:

It might not have audio or something like that since Youtube's Content ID exploded at the thought of footage of this game appearing on Youtube. I have a video of The Force Unleashed that will be live in a few hours.

Edit: Here's The Force Unleashed on PS TV:

#110 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:34 AM

Demos I've confirmed to work:

Vita

Aeternoblade

Coconut Dodge Revitalised

Pinball Heroes Complete

Doesn't Work:

Vita

Citizens of Earth

Kick and Fennick

Magical Beat

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

#111 Sophrosync  

Sophrosync

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Frisky, an edit I made yesterday is gone now: Was there a problem with adding Run Like Hell! to the list as incompatible?  

#112 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

Frisky, an edit I made yesterday is gone now: Was there a problem with adding Run Like Hell! to the list as incompatible?

I probably had the edit page open while you made that edit, so it probably overwrote it. Feel free to add it back in now.

#113 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

I can't remember the last time I used my PS TV.

#114 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

Kick & Fennick is getting an update soon to add PS TV support.

#115 cimerians   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

cimerians

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Great to see devs patching things. If its Konami forget it.

Use my Vita TV pretty much every week when I'm tired of "consoles" or PC gaming.

Currently playing Corpse Party and finished Muramasa Rebirth about a month back.

#116 Syranth   Formerly WormFOODx CAGiversary!   2025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

I can't remember the last time I used my PS TV.

Great contribution.

#117 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

Great contribution.

About as good as yours.

#118 Syranth   Formerly WormFOODx CAGiversary!   2025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:21 PM

About as good as yours.

Touche.

#119 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

I can't remember the last time I used my penis.

Is that a fact?

#120 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:45 PM

Gurumin is officially PlayStation TV compatible!!!!

Note that if you had it downloaded prior to the whitelisting, you'll have to redownload it to get it to work.