* * * * * 5 votes

PlayStation TV Compatibility List (Vita, PSP, PS1, PS Minis, and PS Mobile)

#121 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

Great news. I'm looking forward to playing it tonight.

#122 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5597 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:41 AM

Are there any good 3rd party PS3 controllers that would work with the Playstation TV?  Honestly, I'm looking more for an extra controller to pair up with my PSP Go, but might get a PSTV some day. 

Been looking at mostly looking at 3rd party six axis controllers since most compatible games don't use rumble, except maybe Playstation 1 games.  Never really cared for rumble during the PS1 era.

#123 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

How well does Playstation Now work with PS TV? Any of the PS3 games present issues on it? Thinking about renting Super Mega Baseball, as it's a game I really want to play but don't have a PS3 or PS4.

#124 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:33 PM

I've been playing Earth Defense Forces 2 Portable V2, the latest EDF game to arrive on Vita in Japan. It's the prequel to EDF 2017, newly remastered, and adds a third character class (the Air Raider) among other things.

Here's videos of my friends and me playing through the first 22 missions of the game (recorded via PS TV). I'm loving the active online multiplayer community.

Part 1:

Part 2:

And note the game is hella cheap at Play-Asia right now, so definitely a great time to import. I'm working on a full menu translation and game guide, so don't let the Japanese scare you.

#125 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution Silenced   663 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:34 AM

There are touch and gyroscopic controls for the camera that would have to be remapped or have options to turn it off.

So the Playstation TV will load it up though? No error message?

#126 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:12 AM

No, it doesn't work.

#127 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution Silenced   663 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:18 AM

No, it doesn't work.

Thank you. Do you know about Modnation Racers?

#128 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

Modnation also doesn't work.

#129 Stimes   Get Some! CAGiversary!   2246 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

My PSTV is in the mail, thanks for the thread! Looking forward to playing Chinatown Wars on the big screen.

#130 tomwaits1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

Looks like Citizens of Earth was patched for PSTV compatibility?

(last item on list of fixes)

http://www.truetroph...te-detailed.htm

#131 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

Looks like Citizens of Earth was patched for PSTV compatibility?

(last item on list of fixes)

http://www.truetroph...te-detailed.htm

Yeah, I mentioned it earlier.

#132 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

Recent additions to the PS Store on PS TV since the last update I posted:

Vita

Badland: Game of the Year Edition

Boss!

Breach & Clear

Color Guardians

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Guacamelee!

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

Joe Danger 2: The Movie

La-Mulana EX

LEGO Jurassic World

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy

Q*Bert Rebooted

Resogun

Rollers of the Realm

Sparkle Unleashed

Super Exploding Zoo

Titan Souls

Ultratron

Vita Demos

Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy

PS1

Mega Man 8

Music

Aqua Kitty DX Soundtrack

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and Disgaea 3 being notable for not being compatible before their recent additions.

#133 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:29 AM

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F and Disgaea 3 being notable for not being compatible before their recent additions.

Project Diva F in particular has been featured in the in-store banners for months, despite it being incompatible.

Anyway, really happy to have these two finally working.

#134 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

Project Diva F in particular has been featured in the in-store banners for months, despite it being incompatible.

Anyway, really happy to have these two finally working.

That's where I saw it, so it needs confirmation to be sure.

#135 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:03 AM

I downloaded Disgaea 3 to try it out and it doesn't work. There's no update to make it compatible, so that's a big error and makes the rest of the list of what they've added to the PS Store suspect.

#136 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:08 AM

It's weird that it lets you download Disgaea without warning, someone probably slipped up.

I just checked and Project Diva is neither downloadable from the store nor playable from a memory card.

#137 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

Samurai Warriors 3 Chronicles just came out and is PS TV compatible. The controls are fairly different between Vita and PS TV since the game normally uses a lot of touch screen functions, but they mapped them to the DualShock well for PS TV. Here's some Twitch footage:

#138 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:36 PM

Mystery Solved:

#139 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11955 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

Just saw that... one minute. Damn your quick son.

#140 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

Kick and Fennick has been patched to work with PS VITA TV.

I was playing it the other day and there was an update to support VITA TV.

#141 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4493 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

Who is incharge of white listing the games?
SONY or the PUBLISHER?

I've heard rumors that if you email Xseed, they'll get it white listed right away.

However Konami claims SONY has too (Dracula X, MGS Portable Ops), while Sony claims Konami has to, but they would look into it.

#142 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

Who is incharge of white listing the games?
SONY or the PUBLISHER?

I've heard rumors that if you email Xseed, they'll get it white listed right away.
However Konami claims SONY has too (Dracula X, MGS Portable Ops), while Sony claims Konami has to, but they would look into it.

It's kinda both, depends on the title. Lumines, for example, was perfectly compatible but wasn't whitelisted until the game's producer (who doesn't even work with Q? or Ubisoft anymore) noticed and contacted Sony. A couple of weeks later it was whitelisted. Maybe it wasn't because of it, but it didn't hurt.

So basically, Sony could, but it helps to have the publisher push things along. It will take a bit, those things still have to be tested and such. That is, if the title is already compatible with Vita. I don't want to imagine the awful mess otherwise.

As for those you mentioned, poke Konami so they'll poke Sony.

#143 uncle5555   Grumpy Veteran CAG CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

Anyone know if Gradius Collection on psp can be transferred to the PSTV?

I grabbed a digital copy that's on sale right now and jumped onto the PSTV store and nothing.   Checked my D/L list and it didn't give me the option to transfer it. 

Can I D/L it on the PS3 and transfer it over and have it work?  Or is it stuck being on my PSP Go for the time being?

#144 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

Anyone know if Gradius Collection on psp can be transferred to the PSTV?

I grabbed a digital copy that's on sale right now and jumped onto the PSTV store and nothing.   Checked my D/L list and it didn't give me the option to transfer it. 

Can I D/L it on the PS3 and transfer it over and have it work?  Or is it stuck being on my PSP Go for the time being?

It won't even let me play it on my actual Vita. :(

#145 spoonman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

spoonman

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:14 PM

Aww crap! Typical Konami BS.
I was really hoping to play Gradius Collection on the PSTV.

I understand that Sony would rather just bury these PSTV units and pretend they never existed, but there is no reason why every PSP game, short of the few which required a camera, shouldn't be compatible with it.

They also refuse to allow Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3 to work on the Vita/PSTV. I think they claimed a licensing issue with Universal was to blame, but if they work on UK/PAL regions, why not here in the USA? Oh well.

#146 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71183 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

Aww crap! Typical Konami BS.
I was really hoping to play Gradius Collection on the PSTV.

I understand that Sony would rather just bury these PSTV units and pretend they never existed, but there is no reason why every PSP game, short of the few which required a camera, shouldn't be compatible with it.

They also refuse to allow Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3 to work on the Vita/PSTV. I think they claimed a licensing issue with Universal was to blame, but if they work on UK/PAL regions, why not here in the USA? Oh well.

It's up to the publishers to submit the games for sale/compatibility on the PSTV just like on Vita.

Different regions of certain publishers have different views of this stuff than the other branches. Why would Square Enix NA refuse to release the PSP versions of FF1 and FF2 on PSN for PSP and Vita while they're out on EU PSN and JP PSN? They'd rather you play the subpar PS1 releases instead, which might be less work/money to do even if it could be easily made back right away. Activision NA seems to not care about getting their PS1 games on Vita and PSTV despite the fact that they're among the best sellers of PS1 Classics regularly. 

#147 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

Wait, I thought the Gradius Collection was compatible with the Vita, transferred via PS3?  The compatibility thread in these forums lists it that way, is it wrong?

EDIT:  Just transferred Gradius Collection from my PS3 to Vita, works great!  Really glad to have this collection on my Vita now, it looks and plays great on the system, and has lots of screen/filter options to modify the looks of the game.

#148 spoonman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

spoonman

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

Wait, I thought the Gradius Collection was compatible with the Vita, transferred via PS3?  The compatibility thread in these forums lists it that way, is it wrong?

EDIT:  Just transferred Gradius Collection from my PS3 to Vita, works great!  Really glad to have this collection on my Vita now, it looks and plays great on the system, and has lots of screen/filter options to modify the looks of the game.

So does this mean we can also transfer it from a PS3 to our PSTV using the system media copy method?
Hopefully we can get a definitive answer before it goes back up to $20 again tomorrow morning.

#149 spoonman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

spoonman

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

So does this mean we can also transfer it from a PS3 to our PSTV using the system media copy method?
Hopefully we can get a definitive answer before it goes back up to $20 again tomorrow morning.

Well, I spent the money just to find out and no, Gradius Collection (PSP) is NOT compatible with the PSTV/PS Vita for whatever strange reason.

GradiusPSTV-1.JPG

GradiusPSTV-2.JPG

Sony should be ashamed of the PSTV. It's far worse than the Virtual Boy or anything else which people claim to be a huge flop. They didn't even try with it. I feel bad for people that paid full price for it. I paid $35 and feel it was not a deal at that price.
For me personally, it's worth around $5 to play TkX on a big screen and that's about it.

There is no reason every PSP and PS1 games shouldn't work on it and to require some games to be copied from a PS3 via a media manager is really ridiculous.

#150 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

Well, I spent the money just to find out and no, Gradius Collection (PSP) is NOT compatible with the PSTV/PS Vita for whatever strange reason.

Sony should be ashamed of the PSTV. It's far worse than the Virtual Boy or anything else which people claim to be a huge flop. They didn't even try with it. I feel bad for people that paid full price for it. I paid $35 and feel it was not a deal at that price.
For me personally, it's worth around $5 to play TkX on a big screen and that's about it.

There is no reason every PSP and PS1 games shouldn't work on it and to require some games to be copied from a PS3 via a media manager is really ridiculous.

But Chimpmeister just said it worked for him. Was he mistaken, or could it depend on whether or not the Vita is a slim maybe? Mine's a slim.