It applies to the following Retail Finished Good:
Ear Force Bravo
Ear Force X-Ray
Ear Force Sierra
Ear Force Tango
Ear Force Shadow
Ear Force Spectre
Ear Force Phantom

#2 crazylox2001   CAGiversary! Trading Timeout - Under Review   196 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

crazylox2001

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

do the ear force shawdows work on xbox one?

#3 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

If you want good wireless at a decent price($70), grab the X-Ray. If you have a little more to spend ($105), grab the Phantom or Tango.

#4 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

do the ear force shawdows work on xbox one?

You still need the adaptor for use with the mic.

#5 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:29 PM

my tangos wont pair with the transmitter anymore...

#6 Lil Frier  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Me: "I don't want a CoD headset, but if there's a decently priced headset that works with the One, I might bite."

*CLICK*

Me: "These prices are too high AFTER the discount, $105 for the only One-compliant headset? HARD PASS."

#7 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

Definitely recommend the Tango headset for the money.

#8 TonyCatastrophe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

TonyCatastrophe

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

Tempting.. But I've heard mixed reviews, connection cut outs on wireless and corded?

#9 Jimmienoman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3547 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Jimmienoman

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

The spectres are actually a good headset with sound that comes close to A40s. For $65 they are a solid choice

#10 ZabaZu  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

As much as I don't like turtle beach products (I've had 2 different headsets from them, both had cord breaking from...pretty much nothing.  No physical damage visible from the outside at least), these prices are pretty good and may bring my rating of "overpriced poorly constructed headsets" to "good headsets for the money".  The last pair I used were turtle beach X41's.  Sound was decent although not good enough for the price, and the build quality was pretty bad for the price.  I have no idea if they have improved since then, so I'd be interested in hearing someone's opinion on them if they have used an earlier pair and a modern pair.

#11 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

Despite what a lot of people claim, Turtle Beach headphones are pretty good.  I'm sure they probably don't compare to higher end Astros, but they do produce excellent sound quality and are quality built from my experience.   I have three different pairs of Turtle Beach and 3 other headphones as well.  The Turtle Beach have great sound quality and good chat quality.  A friend of mine has Astros A40 and his chat quality is generally poor, but I know a lot of factors can go into that.

Turtle Beach does have issues with Wifi interference, but the dual band versions should eliminate that.  Also, making sure the receiver is not close to your router helps a great deal too.

EDIT: Models I have are the X41, Ear Force Delta, and XP500.  X41's are decent, but on the lower end of quality.  The other two (which are essentially the same model) are significantly better in build quality and sound quality.  The wireless chat for 360 and PS3 is great also.  Sadly, a wire is needed for Xbox One and PS4.

#12 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

Anyone else getting an OOS error when trying to add the Phantom headset to the cart?

#13 FlyingAce39   Flyin' High Again CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlyingAce39

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

I had the Ear Force Foxtrot headset (MW3) and it crapped out within about 5 or 6 months of me buying it. That was Turtle Beach headset number 3 I went through. It is a wired headset and the wires frayed (which is what happened to headset number one; X11's) It's still in the closet, but I got an Afterglow Prismatic for a much better price. Bought it in February of this year and it still rocks. Just my $0.02 worth.

#14 ZabaZu  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

EDIT: Models I have are the X41, Ear Force Delta, and XP500.  X41's are decent, but on the lower end of quality.  The other two (which are essentially the same model) are significantly better in build quality and sound quality.  The wireless chat for 360 and PS3 is great also.  Sadly, a wire is needed for Xbox One and PS4.

That's good to hear, thanks!  My main gripe was the awful build quality on a $200 headset (IIRC).  Sound wasn't too far off from the astro a40's I upgraded to, but they were so fragile.  I take good care of my stuff, but accidents happen and the headset just could't take anything, particularly the stupid cord that ran from the headset to the controller.  I accidentally yanked that thing out at least 100 times.  Anyway, I'm rambling.  Thanks for the feedback.  I may pickup one of these as a gift or something, idk.  Seems like a deal I'd be stupid to pass on.

#15 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

As much as I don't like turtle beach products (I've had 2 different headsets from them, both had cord breaking from...pretty much nothing.  No physical damage visible from the outside at least), these prices are pretty good and may bring my rating of "overpriced poorly constructed headsets" to "good headsets for the money".  The last pair I used were turtle beach X41's.  Sound was decent although not good enough for the price, and the build quality was pretty bad for the price.  I have no idea if they have improved since then, so I'd be interested in hearing someone's opinion on them if they have used an earlier pair and a modern pair.

I went from the x41's to the Phantoms and the Phantom set is considerably better.  Build quality is better and the sound quality is also a marked improvement.  The recharagable battery lasts a long time as well.

#16 daring  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

this sale make me  :bomb:

bought the phantom 10months ago for $250 and thought that was a deal. 

#17 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

this sale make me  :bomb:

bought the phantom 10months ago for $250 and thought that was a deal. 

Turtle Beach headsets tend to go on significant sales pretty often.  I would never recommend anyone pay anything close to full retail for them.  Astros, however, almost never go on sale.  I think Turtle Beach headsets are good, but only at the significant sale prices you would wait for them at.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like i'm rubbing this in.  Hopefully you're like me and have gotten plenty of enjoyment out of your headsets so that whatever price you paid is reasonable enough for what you got in return.

#18 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:22 PM

I gotta admit that these are great deals and having an X12 from an exchange here in Mesa, AZ sound is pretty acceptable. Having said that...if I wanted to spend $100+ on a headset, I still feel that I'd be better off with some real headphones like the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, AKG K240, or heck, even the V-Moda Crossfade LPs probably do better (and with V-Moda, you can buy an in-line mic). 

I have the AT and AKG ones and used them for gaming - Astounding for positional audio...booming grenade explosions not so much though.

That not cheap enough? Humor me one more time with

http://www.amazon.co...SXDKHAY93ECVTY0

They're a lot better sounding than the price lets you on to guess! 

#19 bgame2   Pure Cag Smoothness CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

Have a Tango.  Is it the same as the phantom?  Thanks.

#20 Healingduck   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Healingduck

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

Trying to decide between Spectre and Phantom. How are their wireless ones? I've had x11s since Black Ops 2(?) and I've loved them. The upgrade is tempting.

Edit- Looks like I'm going with the Spectre. From what I've read, it seems like the wireless function is more trouble than it's worth on the Phantom.

#21 cheaphuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:14 PM

I may get a Phantom. Do they ever restock during these sales? Seems to have sold out fast.

#22 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

I may get a Phantom. Do they ever restock during these sales? Seems to have sold out fast.

Called TB's customer support site.  The lady advised they won't be getting anymore but yet, they still have Tango's available (Black Ops II which was out in 2012).  I have a feeling more will mysteriously show up before too long.  It may not be before this sale but probably will end up on a flash sale in the near future.

#23 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:15 AM

Some good deals if you don't mind the COD branding. I own an XP510, which is the non COD branded version of the Phantom. It's a good headset overall and works with all the devices I would want it to. It is comfortable and has great battery life. My main complaint would be when it turns itself off if not enough sound is coming through the headset. I understand it's to save battery, but this can happen during quiet parts in a movie or game and when it happens, it says "GOODBYE" as it turns off and it's incredibly annoying. I believe all TB wireless headsets have this as a "feature" and TB solution to the problem is to blow on or touch your mic to prevent it from turning itself off.

#24 KuHLiiDE   Yoko Taro <3 CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Omg I was just looking at these lat night and ofc they go on sale and the ones I want are OOS.

#25 Docsamson   Old School CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:14 AM

I've got x41's as well, but having just "upgraded" to the 500gb 360, I can't use them anymore since there's no optical or digital output. Any suggestions?

#26 Kino   Captain Awesome CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

Great share. Thanks mate.

#27 degenerazn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

degenerazn

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

Have the turtle beach Xrays, worth the upgrade to Tango?

#28 pholly   Best In The World CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:24 PM

I gotta admit that these are great deals and having an X12 from an exchange here in Mesa, AZ sound is pretty acceptable. Having said that...if I wanted to spend $100+ on a headset, I still feel that I'd be better off with some real headphones like the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, AKG K240, or heck, even the V-Moda Crossfade LPs probably do better (and with V-Moda, you can buy an in-line mic). 

I have the AT and AKG ones and used them for gaming - Astounding for positional audio...booming grenade explosions not so much though.

That not cheap enough? Humor me one more time with

They're a lot better sounding than the price lets you on to guess! 

Those are headphones, not the same thing. These headsets give you surround sound, you won't get the same effect with regular stereo headphones.

#29 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

Those are headphones, not the same thing. These headsets give you SIMULATED surround sound, you won't get the same effect with regular stereo headphones.

These headsets have amps on them. You can't just plug your average headphones into your console. People forget the amp when they talk about their more expensive headphones. It's another expense though. For $110, you can get an Astro MixAmp (from AWD) and those $30 headphones. However, you're looking at cords. They're offering wireless at the $105 price point. Their corded offers are much cheaper (except the Sierra's which are no deal any just about any price point, lol).

#30 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

I've got x41's as well, but having just "upgraded" to the 500gb 360, I can't use them anymore since there's no optical or digital output. Any suggestions?

I know there is an adapter cable that uses the proprietary A/V output to provide video and has an optical jack along with a video cable that you don't have to use (assuming you're using HDMI).  That's what i've used for one of my consoles.  Be careful since there is apparently an issue with some off brands that don't work properly on the optical connection.  It's been awhile since I've looked into it, so I don't recall the details.