- - - - -

Target Ad 11/2-11/8 [Double Trade-In Value All Week, 10% Off All Games 11/7-11/8 Only]

target weekly ad call of duty advanced warfare xbox one doritos mountain dew bundle trade-in

#61 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:02 AM

I believe that 50 bucks off on xbone console is awesome deal.
Question is , will xbone get a bigger discount during Black Friday? I'm thinking in a range of Xbox getting a hundred bucks off during Black Friday

If they take $100 off $400 MSRP wow but doubtful, it was already $330 via exploit so I`d say that`s the cheapest we`ll see head to head.

Just a thought, but could it be possible to combine Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked for $30 w/ purchase of new game and this trade-in promo? Buying a game with the lowest price necessary ($39.99) and highest trade-in value at Target ($20) for the GCU discount then going and trading it in at Target for $40, essentially getting GCU for $30

Of course, you would have to factor in the price of gas and such if you want to get technical about the savings you'd get, but this might work if you're interested in getting the discount but don't care for any of the games that are out right now.

Edit: Something I didn't think about, but some games do trade-in for a value of $40 at BBY already, so this might make it more of a hassle unless both stores are near each other or you don't feel like coming back to Best Buy.

Or avoid all of that and just get the BB deal w/a pre-ordered sunset overdrive($44 TIV w/GCU) & a movers coupon. That gets GCU to $30 plus you have ~$54 in credit with new games costing $48 day 1.

#62 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1776 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

Anyone who has seen the ad know if they're advertising the Monday release date (day one edition)? If not I'll wait for the 10% off on Friday.

#63 Lil Frier  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

Not a fan of white consoles, so probably AW. But even at that it's basically me choosing the lesser of the worse and based more on my dislike for white consoles.

The AW controller has the edge in my book as far as controllers.

Finally the 1tB hard drive over the 500 GB is obviously better.

I initially thought that this was racist, but then I remembered you can't be racist AGAINST white.

as far as an internal hard drive(The call of duty one being 1tb) is the speed of an internal drive faster than an external drive because I figure either way you look at it I will have to buy an external drive

The SATA II ports are so slow in these consoles that people have said that loading games over USB 3.0 external drives this generation has been faster, though I'm not sure if that's something that is title-dependent. SATA II is rated up to 3 Gb/s, while USB 3.0 is rated at a maximum of 5 Gb/s (40% faster, if you're not interested in doing the simple math on that), so if your drive is fast enough to make use of the additional speed of USB 3.0, it CAN be faster than SATA II.

That said, I'd still probably take the internal drive increase over an immediate external purchase. I usually don't own more than 4 games at a time, so I can even survive on 500 GB of space, most likely, but 1 TB should serve just fine. I don't mind uninstalling titles I'm done with (like, I didn't need to keep Watch Dogs on my drive after I finished it in June). Throwing another $50-100  at an external isn't the most-intriguing concept in my life, but if you don't mind it, I can see it being a solid option. One thing I'll say pro-external is that you could theoretically keep games on that, then take them with you on the external to a friend's house, if you want. That would save 15-60 minutes of waiting for a game to cache sufficiently to play.

#64 n8dawwg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

Supposedly advanced warfare has the lowest preorder numbers in recent years

So what does this all mean? Well, according to Cowen and Company analyst Doug Cruetz, it means that there will ultimately be less sales compared to other entries in the franchise..........  well no shit Doug. Fantastic prediction.

#65 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

This tells me there'll likely be no more offers for 20 dollars off select games with preorder cards. Not this year anyway.

#66 IOnceWasLegend   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

IOnceWasLegend

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

This tells me there'll likely be no more offers for 20 dollars off select games with preorder cards. Not this year anyway.

Considering the beating they took from everyone (I live in a relatively small town close to a larger town, and both Targets were completely out of CoD: Ghosts for the entirety of both of those deals) that's hardly surprising. Very unfortunate (I know I took full advantage of those discounts), but unsurprising.

#67 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4356 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

kinda glad aw has low pre order number so it will hopefully be 20 dollars in a few months

#68 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:14 AM

Considering the beating they took from everyone (I live in a relatively small town close to a larger town, and both Targets were completely out of CoD: Ghosts for the entirety of both of those deals) that's hardly surprising. Very unfortunate (I know I took full advantage of those discounts), but unsurprising.

I was thinking more along the lines of there not being anything to preorder this year after a couple of weeks. That's why there's no preorder offers.

#69 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3823 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:55 AM

10 percent off sounds good! Then I remember I get 20 percent off at Best Buy. :)

#70 chuckywang   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chuckywang

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

If they take $100 off $400 MSRP wow but doubtful, it was already $330 via exploit so I`d say that`s the cheapest we`ll see head to head.

Or avoid all of that and just get the BB deal w/a pre-ordered sunset overdrive($44 TIV w/GCU) & a movers coupon. That gets GCU to $30 plus you have ~$54 in credit with new games costing $48 day 1.

I have very little faith in the cashiers at my Best Buy doing a GCU discount, movers coupon discount, and a $5 preorder credit at the same time.

#71 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1095 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

I have very little faith in the cashiers at my Best Buy doing a GCU discount, movers coupon discount, and a $5 preorder credit at the same time.

Why, are all the employees at your local Best Buy hamsters or something?

Those are all semi-automatic, and don't conflict with each other in any way, so you should be fine.

#72 qualityman13  

qualityman13

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

10 percent off sounds good! Then I remember I get 20 percent off at Best Buy. :)

If your talking about the GCU discount, it does not apply to consoles

#73 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8578 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

If your talking about the GCU discount, it does not apply to consoles

I wouldn't think the 10% off videogames at Target works on consoles either. Do we have reason to believe it would?

#74 Lil Frier  

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Why, are all the employees at your local Best Buy hamsters or something?

Those are all semi-automatic, and don't conflict with each other in any way, so you should be fine.

Some retail workers are scared that deals will get them in trouble, so any sign of double-dipping throws them off.

I wouldn't think the 10% off videogames at Target works on consoles either. Do we have reason to believe it would?

No, but 5% off with RedCard should work.

#75 qualityman13  

qualityman13

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

No games only as well

#76 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:12 AM

But following my advice doesn`t require that anywys just
1- Do the $5 in-store pre-order
2- Buy Sunset Overdrive adding the GCU sub card and movers coupon(DON`T attempt to use the $5 deposit)
3- Once the purchase is correctly completed goto CS & get the $5 refunded
4- Trade in Sunset Overdrive when it goes live

2 weeks later the $10 cert clears plus you have a $44 BB gc so $54 credit aka 1 free $60($48 w/GCU) game or many cheaper games. If you`re elite plus that`s another $5 in cert too.

The only grey area is if the 3x MyBB pt coupon will work along with the movers coupon.

#77 Ratmonkey  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

But following my advice doesn`t require that anywys just
1- Do the $5 in-store pre-order
2- Buy Sunset Overdrive adding the GCU sub card and movers coupon(DON`T attempt to use the $5 deposit)
3- Once the purchase is correctly completed goto CS & get the $5 refunded
4- Trade in Sunset Overdrive when it goes live

2 weeks later the $10 cert clears plus you have a $44 BB gc so $54 credit aka 1 free $60($48 w/GCU) game or many cheaper games. If you`re elite plus that`s another $5 in cert too.

The only grey area is if the 3x MyBB pt coupon will work along with the movers coupon.

Ive seen you post this a couple times. Is there some check out issue that you are trying to avoid or is it just trying to avoid handing the casher to many "coupons" in one transaction.

I am speaking mainly of step 3.

#78 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

Ive seen you post this a couple times. Is there some check out issue that you are trying to avoid or is it just trying to avoid handing the casher to many "coupons" in one transaction.
I am speaking mainly of step 3.

No people just overthink the pre-order part of the $10 promo so much it`s not that hard. If you have a completed pre-order linked to your MBB account once the game is available for purchase that requirement is met. The pre-order doesn`t need to be linked to the actual purchase you can just buy the gae no need to goto CS at all until you get the deposit refunded.

With it being harded to get promos added on the backend and they generally just work on a simple store purchase it just streamlines your trip.

#79 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

After, Modern Warfare 2 & 3, World at War, Black Ops, Black Ops 2 and Ghosts, can you blame people for hesitating?

I corrected this for you.

I'll even admit some of those game had their moments and I've never been a big COD person but man the franchise has some serious fatigue going on right now. For the record I think Battlefield is also struggling (and Medal of Honor made it a whopping one game into its' reboot before sucking out loud). They'll keep shoving these games down our throats for a while (so long as the 12-20 male demographic keeps buying them) but you can tell just with how different this game looks that they are concerned about the franchise. Sadly it doesn't seem to occur to them that moving away from yearly releases is possibly what they really need to do. 

#80 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38061 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

I corrected this for you.

I'll even admit some of those game had their moments and I've never been a big COD person but man the franchise has some serious fatigue going on right now. For the record I think Battlefield is also struggling (and Medal of Honor made it a whopping one game into its' reboot before sucking out loud). They'll keep shoving these games down our throats for a while (so long as the 12-20 male demographic keeps buying them) but you can tell just with how different this game looks that they are concerned about the franchise. Sadly it doesn't seem to occur to them that moving away from yearly releases is possibly what they really need to do. 

I actually enjoyed MW2, and after the disappointing MW3, the Black Ops games were breaths of fresh air for me.

#81 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1776 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Does anyone think Target will have day one editions of COD on Monday morning?

#82 Kapone360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Kapone360

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

Yikes those trade in values are pretty terrible even when doubled.

#83 B Money   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

Target is having a promo offering double the trade-in value for any game in their catalog.  No link yet, but my buddy at Target mobile let me know about it.  It should be in the weekly ad. 

You can get an idea of the values of your games at targettradeinprogram.com, though from what my buddy tells me, the prices tend to change during the weekends.

It is limited to 3 games per order... 1 order per customer (though I am not really sure how they are enforcing this), and it is paid out on a target gift card. 

If you live in one of those states with weird pawn laws, you can apparently do the trades online (targettradeinprogram.com)  as well using the code VIDEOX2

All in all, this is a very similar deal to the triple value deal they did a while back.

#84 nnthomas   meeble meeble CAGiversary!   3344 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

Very similar, aside from the not-being-triple-value thing

#85 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   838 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

it was posted before and it seems like the bonus TIV is only for 11/7-11/8. but thanks for the online code

http://www.cheapassg...s-117-118-only/

#86 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

Target is having a promo offering double the trade-in value for any game in their catalog. No link yet, but my buddy at Target mobile let me know about it. It should be in the weekly ad.

You can get an idea of the values of your games at targettradeinprogram.com, though from what my buddy tells me, the prices tend to change during the weekends.

It is limited to 3 games per order... 1 order per customer (though I am not really sure how they are enforcing this), and it is paid out on a target gift card.

If you live in one of those states with weird pawn laws, you can apparently do the trades online (targettradeinprogram.com) as well using the code VIDEOX2

All in all, this is a very similar deal to the triple value deal they did a while back.

yea this been posted already for awhile now and is 2 days only

#87 B Money   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

My buddy at Target mobile said it used to be Friday and Saturday only, but they changed it to all week.

#88 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38061 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

My buddy at Target mobile said it used to be Friday and Saturday only, but they changed it to all week.

MoeYKKd.gif.gif

#89 ritchardf  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

wow, good luck reprinting all those ads

#90 B Money   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

I have a friend at Target Mobile who just told me the double trade-in value for the video games is now going on all week next week (11/2 - 11/8).  And you can trade in online as well using the promo code VIDEOX2