- - - - -

Target Ad 11/2-11/8 [Double Trade-In Value All Week, 10% Off All Games 11/7-11/8 Only]

target weekly ad call of duty advanced warfare xbox one doritos mountain dew bundle trade-in

#151 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2044 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

No. The b2g1 is a better deal anyway

Depends on where you have credit & if you have GCU. With GCU and equal credit the B1G150% deal gets you at worst even pricing with the B2G1.

I feel like an idiot, but I can't figure out who is doing B2G1 or when it is happening. Can someone fill in?

https://www.cheapass...ll-video-games/

#152 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

Depends on where you have credit & if you have GCU. With GCU and equal credit the B1G150% deal gets you at worst even pricing with the B2G1 for the included games.

Thank you for the thread!

#153 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

Depends on where you have credit & if you have GCU. With GCU and equal credit the B1G150% deal gets you at worst even pricing with the B2G1.

He said he wanted to price match at target so he cant get gcu discount anyway. So hes much better off grabbing a third 3ds game

#154 Mario Speedwagon  

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

Definitely trading in Shadow of Mordor tomorrow to get $40 toward next week's B2G1 sale.

#155 nightmarishhero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

nightmarishhero

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

did anyone trade in online and get their gift card already, what is the turnaround time from mail date, and it seems like they email a gift card per the ad, is that true?

#156 Mario Speedwagon  

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

Trade it in at the store.  Took 5 minutes.

#157 vlodia  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

Trade it in at the store.  Took 5 minutes.

So is the trading happening right now? Or were you just lucky?

#158 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

I apologize if this has been answered a million times before but I didn't see a clear answer for this question. Does anyone know if 3 of the same identical games can be traded per transaction? From what I have read, it appears that you can only participate in the promo once regardless of if you reached the '3 games/person limit' policy so even if you trade in one game, your ID will denied for any subsequent trade ins during this promo. 

I have read that two games identical are able to work through the system. What I'm also unsure about is whether it's really limited to one transaction/person or can one single ID work for multiple transactions as long as you do not go above the 3 games/transaction limit. From what I've seen the answer is a little unfamiliar but thanks for any responses.

#159 vlodia  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

So what happened with the "additional 10% discount on games" .. Is it in-store or online as well?

#160 nightmarishhero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

nightmarishhero

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

I apologize if this has been answered a million times before but I didn't see a clear answer for this question. Does anyone know if 3 of the same identical games can be traded per transaction? From what I have read, it appears that you can only participate in the promo once regardless of if you reached the '3 games/person limit' policy so even if you trade in one game, your ID will denied for any subsequent trade ins during this promo.

I have read that two games identical are able to work through the system. What I'm also unsure about is whether it's really limited to one transaction/person or can one single ID work for multiple transactions as long as you do not go above the 3 games/transaction limit. From what I've seen the answer is a little unfamiliar but thanks for any responses.

Not sure if its a one time transaction linked to your ID like you said but someone mentioned switching a number on your ID/DL allowed for a second transaction of the same game, I know the online store will not allow multiple copy trade-ins at all

#161 ZachMettenberger  

ZachMettenberger

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

Does 10% off apply to preorders?

#162 limelight022  

limelight022

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:04 PM

Next week has b2g1 Free on all video games. 

#163 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5989 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

has anyone traded in sunset over drive at target this week it has yet to show up on website and wonder how much they giving or it

#164 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:17 AM

has anyone traded in sunset over drive at target this week it has yet to show up on website and wonder how much they giving or it

If it's not on the site, it's not in their system and you will not get anything for it.

#165 ck0  

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

I went into my Target today at the Customer Service desk near the front of the store and they said that they didn't do videogame trade-ins.  Is it supposed to be done here, or at the Electronics section in the way back?  

#166 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:46 AM

I went into my Target today at the Customer Service desk near the front of the store and they said that they didn't do videogame trade-ins. Is it supposed to be done here, or at the Electronics section in the way back?

Look for the mobile phone rep that's located in the electronics section.

#167 metallicoholic   Metal 'Til I'm 60 CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

metallicoholic

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

I've never traded to Target before but I'm considering it tomorrow to set up for the B2G1 free deal. How easy is the trade-in process at Target? Do the employees generally know what they're doing? Trading in at Best Buy is always a chore for me because the employees have no idea how to do it and it's such a long process.

Also, I noticed a lot of people comparing Target's B2G1 deal to Best Buy's B1G150% off. Is that BB deal confirmed to be all games or is it still just 3DS? 

#168 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

I've never traded to Target before but I'm considering it tomorrow to set up for the B2G1 free deal. How easy is the trade-in process at Target? Do the employees generally know what they're doing? Trading in at Best Buy is always a chore for me because the employees have no idea how to do it and it's such a long process.

Also, I noticed a lot of people comparing Target's B2G1 deal to Best Buy's B1G150% off. Is that BB deal confirmed to be all games or is it still just 3DS?

Just 3ds.

Target is really easy. Much easier than wal mart where seemingly no one is trained to do them. You have two issues at target. First, only the target mobile person can do them and they have their own hours. Usually 11 to 7 or 12 to 8 so don't go in near opening or closing. Plus they have a lunch break in there somewhere. Second, if they are helping someone buying a cell phone forget and try to come back in a hour. Those transactions take a long, long time

#169 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4836 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

Traded in 3DS Super Smash Bros for $40 and PS3 Watch Dogs for $24. Will pick up Smash again tomorrow along with two other games for b2g1.

Luckily I don't mind starting over the unlockables in Smash.

#170 GreenMonkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

GreenMonkey

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

Just 3ds.

Target is really easy. Much easier than wal mart where seemingly no one is trained to do them. You have two issues at target. First, only the target mobile person can do them and they have their own hours. Usually 11 to 7 or 12 to 8 so don't go in near opening or closing. Plus they have a lunch break in there somewhere. Second, if they are helping someone buying a cell phone forget and try to come back in a hour. Those transactions take a long, long time

Thanks for the tip on this, made sure to get in early.

Traded in my wife's Smash Bros 3ds and her copy of Donkey Kong Country for wii U - it was too hard for the kids, trade in on that was ~$22, not much worse than I could get for it on ebay/amazon after fees.

#171 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8578 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:24 AM

Traded in Smash Bros. 3DS, Forza 5, and Ryse for ~$85ish. The guy in front of me traded Fatal Frame I and II for Xbox and Skyward Sword Wii. I looked up the values for his games when I got home, pathetic.

#172 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:11 AM

Has anyone got paid for the online trade ins?

#173 FriendsofSonic  

FriendsofSonic

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Has anyone got paid for the online trade ins?

Nope, and I sent mine out on 11/6, with acceptance on 11/12

#174 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

Just realized this threads from 2014 lol