Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
This will be the thread for any and all pro wrestling discussion.  From Wrestlemania to the tiny little indy show in some podunk town, it doesn't matter.  If you want to discuss it, post away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of the "Are You Serious?!" episode where they take off and throw their shirt and it hits Road Dogg in the face. Can't find the clip, so if anyone else can on a whim, please post it. One of the funniest damn things I've ever seen.

EDIT: Mixed two clips together, whoops. While there were many instances of The Fabulous Ones, the clip I'm talking about comes courtesy of WCW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNlT41xqS60

It starts at the 2:28 mark.

The last 2 years of PWG shows have all been quality.

Considering how many guys WWE has signed that work/worked for PWG, I wish they could be one of the 'E's developmental leagues. Maybe as NXT West or something.

But that's just wishful thinking.

I think (BOLA 2014 aside) PWG has dipped a little in quality these past couple years, but they're still the best promotion in North America by leaps and bounds and the most enjoyable live experience hands down.

The two would throw verbal jabs each other’s way, eventually leading to a physical collision. It began when, out of nowhere, McMahon attempted a double leg takedown of Kingston. The two then proceeded to wrestle around for a bit.
patterson_TOW.jpg

Keep your hands where we can see them Pat...

Just a reminder that this match ruled from the shitty WWE ECW, and that Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke never got their fair time in the spotlight.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4pw1u_ecw-26-02-2008-shelton-benjamin-vs_sport

There's a lot of hidden gems in the WWE variation of ECW. Such as Yoshi Tatsu vs. William Regal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zqFXkL3lzw
These were both fun to watch. Thanks for sharing. Good to know that WWECW was putting out some good stuff as I basically igonred it while it was a thing.

I watched the new ECW from the start up until (spoilered for neo)
December to Dismember
. After that, I checked out.

Posting while attending the monthly Lancaster Championship Wrestling in Lancaster, Pa. Rhino, Shane Douglas and Sharkboy are here.

I watched the new ECW from the start up until (spoilered for neo)
December to Dismember
. After that, I checked out.
Thanks. I'm almost certain I know what it is but thanks nonetheless.

EDIT: Did you know that quoting a spoiler shows what's in the spoiler? I do now. :wall:

Reminds me of the "Are You Serious?!" episode where they take off and throw their shirt and it hits Road Dogg in the face. Can't find the clip, so if anyone else can on a whim, please post it. One of the funniest damn things I've ever seen.

EDIT: Mixed two clips together, whoops. While there were many instances of The Fabulous Ones, the clip I'm talking about comes courtesy of WCW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNlT41xqS60

It starts at the 2:28 mark.
This show is what got me to watching WWE's YT channel a few years back and combined with Punk got me back into wrestling. I will never for the life of me understand why they stopped it, unless they were just running out of non-WWE clips to make fun of.

One of the greatest tag teams in the early 90s. Cut too short, sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKHddFaB34

Lashley's 2nd Bellator fight was pretty embarrassing. 

Apparently his opponent's weakness was that once he slipped during a takedown and landed on his stomach he didn't have the ability to roll over to his back. 

Lashley didn't even have to put any weight on him...he just kinda casually punched his head/face from the sides until the ref called it.

What's everyone's predictions on HIAC tonight?

I'm thinking Big Bad Brock might show up just to cost John the match and maybe force a 3 way at the next PPV.

I'll never not pop for that Ambrose rebound between the ropes.

I can get behind a Wyatt-Ambrose feud. At this point, it might be the only interesting thing going on in WWE until Rumble time.

i was watching  it like 20 mins behind. Did they have major steaming issues last night or was my connection just bad. They would move real slow and then move like 10x normal. was sort of funny. 

Your subscription will expire on Thursday, November 27, 2014. 

Nice since i only watch the PPVS I can get the  November ppv and then cancel. Wait till the dec PPV hits and hope they do  a  COME BACK WE MISS YOU  at a cheaper rate.   Sucks  comcast now limits 40 hours of steaming per month on the plan we are on

Your connection sucks by the sounds of it.  I connected right when it began on the PS3 and, other than a one second pause at the end of the AJ/Paige match, I had no problems.  

i was watching it like 20 mins behind. Did they have major steaming issues last night or was my connection just bad. They would move real slow and then move like 10x normal. was sort of funny.

Your subscription will expire on Thursday, November 27, 2014.

Nice since i only watch the PPVS I can get the November ppv and then cancel. Wait till the dec PPV hits and hope they do a COME BACK WE MISS YOU at a cheaper rate. Sucks comcast now limits 40 hours of steaming per month on the plan we are on

They won't. Nice try.
even if they dont i will come back few days before the DEC PPV. no reason to pay for service i would not use

one of the major times i had problem was the tag match with golddust, speed picked up so fast you did not even see cody kick them in the leg until the replay.

Cesaro is apparently allergic to gold.

The Bellas match, shockingly, wasn't terrible.
They definitely had a much better match than AJ/Paige. Brie's knee up against the ropes and Nikki's forearm looked vicious.

I had more streaming issues with this PPV than usual...nothing too bad though. Resolution would drop for 10 seconds or so and then come back and it would occasionally jump back in time about 5 seconds.

even if they dont i will come back few days before the DEC PPV. no reason to pay for service i would not use

one of the major times i had problem was the tag match with golddust, speed picked up so fast you did not even see cody kick them in the leg until the replay.
Might want to just wait until January, I dont think WWE has ever had a good Dec. PPV.

Pretty disappointed that we're getting Cena vs Lesnar again... Especially in St Louis (assuming Lesnar feels like showing up to Survivor Series). St Louis is like the one place where Randy Orton is a face no matter what. Plus I could actually go and have no desire to see Cena in the main event with Lesnar again.

Everyone keeps saying they're saving Cena/Lesnar for the Royal Rumble, which I think is way too long to go without a title defense.

Everyone keeps saying they're saving Cena/Lesnar for the Royal Rumble, which I think is way too long to go without a title defense.
I don't see how they could get away with it. People were already mocking Lesnar for not defending the title at HIAC. Plus Survivor Series is one of the big 4 PPVs.

I kind of like this, it makes it that much more important when he does defend the title. Hogan-esque. I just wish they didnt keep wasting the matches on Cena. We need Lesnar v. Cesaro!!!

I don't see how they could get away with it. People were already mocking Lesnar for not defending the title at HIAC. Plus Survivor Series is one of the big 4 PPVs.
personally i think he should be stripped of the title. They always said the Titles must be defended every 30 days or the person will be stripped. Did i dream this or did they ever have a 3 layer cage match. Where the battle starts in the bottom layer and then they must climb the cage to the 2nd floor and then climb the cage to the 3rd floor where they could only be pinned on the 3rd floor. Are those PPVS on the network

I generally can't stand Orton since the dude is bland as hell, but right now is probably the best he had been in... well, as long as I can remember. Really annoyed they didn't go with Lesnar/Orton.

The more I see of 2k15 the less interested I am. Better luck next year I guess.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the opening bit once Steph shut up. Orton's face turn was cemented marvelously. The Henry-Show turn was okay, but the match itself really hurt the tag champs and Show came off as a bit of a dick. Reigns interview out of nowhere was a mistake - there was literally no hype for it and it was even worse than the first since they learned nothing from it. Loved Paige's commentary on AJ-Fox. Cena, Steph, and HHH talked and talked and talked and talked and talked in something that wasn't set up in the slightest beforehand. We're getting Team Cena vs. Team Authority on the PPV. That started the "OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T THIS SHOW END" feeling. Usos-Mizes continued that. Okay match though.

Hogan thing was fine I guess. RYBACK'S RETURN WAS FANTASTIC. Holy shit was this perfect. They needed something to catch fire again and they had it here. Loved Dean's beating of Cesaro. Not sure what to make of Bray's promo. Kane-Dolph was pretty good for a Kane match. They had a lot of counters to stuff and that helped. It did drag a bit, but moreso due to Kane's style not really meshing well with a late in the show 3 hour Raw match. Seth-Cena was fantastic, and the goofy finish set up the PPV nicely. Really good show overall.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/wwe-raw-10-27-14.html

Screens -

DID SOMEBODY SAY TITTIES!?

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/tn9dm87d8nwis06kpcpt2kesduarbla5

bread's done
Back