* * * - - 10 votes

Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, TNA, ROH, New Japan, PWG, indies

#31 M-10  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

Was that the ghost of Pro Wrestling coming to beg WWE to go away?

#32 niceguyshawne   Hardcore since '74 CAGiversary!   2510 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

niceguyshawne

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

i was watching it like 20 mins behind. Did they have major steaming issues last night or was my connection just bad. They would move real slow and then move like 10x normal. was sort of funny.

Your subscription will expire on Thursday, November 27, 2014.

Nice since i only watch the PPVS I can get the November ppv and then cancel. Wait till the dec PPV hits and hope they do a COME BACK WE MISS YOU at a cheaper rate. Sucks comcast now limits 40 hours of steaming per month on the plan we are on

#33 niceguyshawne   Hardcore since '74 CAGiversary!   2510 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

niceguyshawne

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

They won't. Nice try.

#34 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

They won't. Nice try.

even if they dont   i will come back  few days before the DEC PPV. no reason to pay for service i would not use

one of the major times i had problem was the tag match with golddust, speed picked up so fast you did not even see cody kick them in the leg until the replay.

#35 diddy310  

diddy310

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

Cesaro is apparently allergic to gold.

The Bellas match, shockingly, wasn't terrible.

They definitely had a much better match than AJ/Paige.  Brie's knee up against the ropes and Nikki's forearm looked vicious.

I had more streaming issues with this PPV than usual...nothing too bad though.  Resolution would drop for 10 seconds or so and then come back and it would occasionally jump back in time about 5 seconds.

#36 M-10  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

even if they dont   i will come back  few days before the DEC PPV. no reason to pay for service i would not use

one of the major times i had problem was the tag match with golddust, speed picked up so fast you did not even see cody kick them in the leg until the replay.

Might want to just wait until January, I dont think WWE has ever had a good Dec. PPV.

#37 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

Pretty disappointed that we're getting Cena vs Lesnar again... Especially in St Louis (assuming Lesnar feels like showing up to Survivor Series). St Louis is like the one place where Randy Orton is a face no matter what. Plus I could actually go and have no desire to see Cena in the main event with Lesnar again.

#38 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

Everyone keeps saying they're saving Cena/Lesnar for the Royal Rumble, which I think is way too long to go without a title defense.

#39 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

Everyone keeps saying they're saving Cena/Lesnar for the Royal Rumble, which I think is way too long to go without a title defense.

I don't see how they could get away with it. People were already mocking Lesnar for not defending the title at HIAC. Plus Survivor Series is one of the big 4 PPVs.

#40 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

Yeah I'm kind of tired of Cena and Lesnar already. 

#41 M-10  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

I kind of like this, it makes it that much more important when he does defend the title. Hogan-esque. I just wish they didnt keep wasting the matches on Cena. We need Lesnar v. Cesaro!!!

#42 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

I don't see how they could get away with it. People were already mocking Lesnar for not defending the title at HIAC. Plus Survivor Series is one of the big 4 PPVs.

personally i think he should be stripped of the title. They always said the  Titles must be defended every 30 days or the person will be stripped.  Did i dream this or did they ever have a 3 layer cage match. Where the battle starts in the bottom layer and then they must climb the cage to the 2nd floor and then climb the cage to the 3rd floor where they could only be pinned on the 3rd floor. Are those PPVS on the network 

#43 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

Dear God, I hope they don't try to make Randy Orton a face again. He's pretty boring either way, but he's a natural heel.

#44 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

Please let them continue with this loose cannon Orton gimmick.. loved his work tonight

#45 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10534 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:38 AM

I generally can't stand Orton since the dude is bland as hell, but right now is probably the best he had been in... well, as long as I can remember. Really annoyed they didn't go with Lesnar/Orton.

The more I see of 2k15 the less interested I am. Better luck next year I guess.

#46 borderland   what.. where am I... CAGiversary!   1093 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

omg.... wwe still exist.....  what!!! what!!!

time: 3:16

#47 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

Dear God, I hope they don't try to make Randy Orton a face again. He's pretty boring either way, but he's a natural heel.

I didn't mean a face turn. Survivor Series is in his hometown of St Louis where he's always cheered regardless of storyline.

#48 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4284 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:26 AM

LOVED LOVED LOVED the opening bit once Steph shut up. Orton's face turn was cemented marvelously. The Henry-Show turn was okay, but the match itself really hurt the tag champs and Show came off as a bit of a dick. Reigns interview out of nowhere was a mistake - there was literally no hype for it and it was even worse than the first since they learned nothing from it. Loved Paige's commentary on AJ-Fox. Cena, Steph, and HHH talked and talked and talked and talked and talked in something that wasn't set up in the slightest beforehand. We're getting Team Cena vs. Team Authority on the PPV. That started the "OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T THIS SHOW END" feeling. Usos-Mizes continued that. Okay match though.

Hogan thing was fine I guess. RYBACK'S RETURN WAS FANTASTIC. Holy shit was this perfect. They needed something to catch fire again and they had it here. Loved Dean's beating of Cesaro. Not sure what to make of Bray's promo. Kane-Dolph was pretty good for a Kane match. They had a lot of counters to stuff and that helped. It did drag a bit, but moreso due to Kane's style not really meshing well with a late in the show 3 hour Raw match. Seth-Cena was fantastic, and the goofy finish set up the PPV nicely. Really good show overall.

http://jayreviewsthi...w-10-27-14.html

Screens -

DID SOMEBODY SAY TITTIES!?

568cd9360609528.jpg

d7c91c360622362.jpg

135e6a360614190.jpg

671b2d360614231.jpg

http://www.imagebam....cpt2kesduarbla5

#49 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:29 AM

I didn't mean a face turn. Survivor Series is in his hometown of St Louis where he's always cheered regardless of storyline.

No, I was talking about turning him against the Authority.

So I guess Lesnar/Cena isn't happening at Survivor Series.

#50 Rigor Mortis  

Rigor Mortis

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:19 AM

personally i think he should be stripped of the title. They always said the  Titles must be defended every 30 days or the person will be stripped.  Did i dream this or did they ever have a 3 layer cage match. Where the battle starts in the bottom layer and then they must climb the cage to the 2nd floor and then climb the cage to the 3rd floor where they could only be pinned on the 3rd floor. Are those PPVS on the network 

That particular match was a WCW thing. There were a few of them back in the early days of WCW ppv's. I also think that was the style of match that Arquette won the title in as well.

#51 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10534 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

Kneejerk reaction from tonight is have Rusev roll over people for a few more months, then have him do an open challenge at Mania and have Ryback come out and beat the shit out of him.

Cena doesn't need it, and it could do a lot for Ryback who is way better (at least as far as knowing how to present himself both in and out of ring) than he was during his initial good guy run. Never going to be a great wrestler but who cares. Big pop for entrance, five minute brawl, clothesline, feed me more, finisher, American flag from ceiling, rematch the following month.

#52 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

Until I just read KaneRobot's post, I didn't even realize Rusev wasn't on Raw. I thought about Rusev after Ryback's match, but his absence didn't necessarily register at the time.

#53 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:45 PM

Heads up for those looking to get WWE 2K15 on PS3 or 360..

They removed create a finisher, create a story, custom themes, all generic entrances for CAW's except for the one with the guy talking on the phone, and they've limited the online custom content greatly. Basically, you can download 10 CAW's, but to download more, you have to play ranked matches and rank up. I guess it earned every bit of IGN's 5.9 score.

I'm going to need confirmation SOON that some or all of these features are in the next gen version or I'm canceling my preorder immediately.

#54 M-10  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

Wow no excuse for any of those omissions. Sounds like youre better off just sticking with last years version. This has me worried about the current gen version too. Hopefully there will be reviews out for that earlier enough so I can cancel my order before it ships. I have never liked any of 2Ks games, but was hoping since they started with something here that they wouldnt screw it up too bad.

#55 Survivalism   CAG's Lance Boyle CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Survivalism

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

Might want to just wait until January, I dont think WWE has ever had a good Dec. PPV.

Don't jinx me, since I'll be at TLC. :/

#56 M-10  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

Don't jinx me, since I'll be at TLC. :/

I just mean if someone is trying to save money. December isnt usually a time when they pull out their big guns. WWE Live is always a good time. Most of the PPVs I have attended in person were December ones, and while nothing spectacular happened it was still fun.

#57 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

They gave Rich Swann time here. PWG is looking like its coming on strong.

#58 TheRock88   The Franchise CAGiversary!   10632 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

That's why I'm glad I held off on preordering the digital deluxe edition when PSN is holding that special sale for spending over $100. If there's any glimmer of hope, I remember reading somewhere that the main group of developers are the one focused on the current gen versions while they let another group handle the last gen version. But still, 2K is notorious for not letting any news/screenshots/clips being let out until about 2 weeks before the game is set for release (look at the NBA series, those are generally regarded as the one of the best sports sims on the market  and they generally have no major problems (except for the online modes) yet they never release anything major until the game is almost out).

Even if you dont have a current gen console, I dont know how you could buy 2K15. It's basically 2K14 with a roster update and a TON of stuff removed. Right now my current plan is to stick with 2K14 and wait like 3-4 days before 2K15 on PS4 is released before deciding. By then reviews should be out or at least people are able to get their hands on the game and let us know if it's worth it or not. The only thing I'm bummed about is that both versions of the game wont have custom soundtrack support.

#59 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12735 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:15 AM

My plan is the same one it's been since the first Smackdown vs Raw on PS2: wait for it to become cheap.

#60 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:18 AM

My plan is the same one it's been since the first Smackdown vs Raw on PS2: wait for it to become cheap.

I think that game had my favorite cover art out of any of the post-N64 WWE games.