* * * - - 10 votes

Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, TNA, ROH, New Japan, PWG, indies

#61 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19249 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

I think that game had my favorite cover art out of any of the post-N64 WWE games.

Was that the crazy Vince (redundant) picture in red and blue?

#62 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

Was that the crazy Vince (redundant) picture in red and blue?

Yep, with one blue eye and one red eye.

#63 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16084 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

Man picked up 2k15 last night on last gen for the hell of it since I couldnt wait to play with Sting. Kinda dissapointed. 91 Stings theme sucks and entrance is meh. Crow Sting entrance is a lil meh too. Not expecting next gen versions to be that different.

I thought this was supposed to be a new engine? Looks pretty identical to 2k14. Also they should of prob  just kept entrance themes as the menu music.

I pretty much have a like a 10 year steak of getting these games on day one. 

#64 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

New graphics, engine, gameplay, etc are all on the next Gen platform.

Really on the edge of cancelling my preorder. They're supposed to release information about the next gen version this week, but we all know how that goes.

Also, holy crap, I haven't seen Guyver in forever.

#65 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16084 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

That is what I figured.. but then again information on the game in general has been tight lipped.

I'll play it for a bit and most probably trade it back in for next gen within the next two weeks. 

Yea.. it's been a minute since I've posted in this thread but I still keep up with the weekly shows every now and then.

#66 Dr. Venkman   Body Piercer CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Dr. Venkman

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

I ALMOST bought WWE2K15 yesterday but I'm busy playing Shadows of Mordor, Destiny and The Evil Within. Top that off with my wife buying me Alien: Isolation, a Turbografx-16 and a Turbo Everdrive means I should be fine for now. 

Tempted on grabbing a used copy at Gamestop so i can return it if the game proves to be as awful as I keep reading.

It's so depressing to see Cesaro lose in big matches. They keep killing his momentum and then tease at starting it again. To me it's like Zack Ryder all over again.

Throw the two together in a tag-team and call them Pissed Without a Push. As talented as they are I am so sick of seeing the Usos every week.

#67 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12735 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

Throw the two together in a tag-team and call them Pissed Without a Push. As talented as they are I am so sick of seeing the Usos every week.

Need to start yelling SUCK when they yell UUUUUUUU.

#68 bhk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

My plan is the same one it's been since the first Smackdown vs Raw on PS2: wait for it to become cheap.

I've done this the last three years and while I'm effectively a year behind not only do I get the game for cheap but the season pass/DLC usially go on sake as well.

#69 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14397 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

Roman Reigns was out at Gamespot/Giant Bomb today so I guess they're using him to do the PR for the game. Not sure if they were showing new or old gen footage.

Edit: He's also doing the Power Bombcast, Giant Bomb premium-exclusive wrestling podcast.

#70 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7228 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

Tried to rent 2K15 at Redbox yesterday. Kiosk would not take any of my cards. My friend texted me shortly after with IGN's review, and now reading your guys' views on it, I consider it a blessing in disguise.

I will likely still buy it on next gen though, barring any major omissions like the 360/PS3 has.

#71 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

That reminds me, have they given any update on a recovery time for Roman Reigns? I know that the particular type of hernia he had is pretty nasty.

I'm going to cancel my pre order when I get home. The DLC stuff really bothers me.

#72 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

I'm not even that hyped for Showcase mode. While I enjoyed the Attitude Era and 30 Years of Wrestlemania modes, at this point, I'm over replaying old matches with QTEs thrown in.

I'm really looking forward to My Career and seeing if they've made any improvements to Universe mode.

#73 xilly   Snozberries?! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

I'm not even mad at the 79.99 preorder on PSN with the season pass and hogan and sting preorders included. You guys know the next gen version is gonna be the good one and the last gen versions were just to appease those who hadn't adopted. I feel like the next gen version is going to be really impressive, considering that's where all the eyes are.

#74 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

Man. You guys and your delusions. Buying a WWE videogame is like buying a John Cena shirt. You should know better. It's not going to be any better than the crap from the previous year.

#75 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7228 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

Man. You guys and your delusions. Buying a WWE videogame is like buying a John Cena shirt. You should know better. It's not going to be any better than the crap from the previous year.

Eh. Sometimes it is. Besides, it's the only way you'll be able to play as Puro/Indy guys without importing anything (if it's even available).

#76 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10534 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

Whoa, for the entrance on retro Sting they used the late 80's "Turbo Charged" theme, that's kind of awesome. Thought for sure it was going to be that corny *Man Called Sting" theme.

Not that I'm going to buy the game or anything.

#77 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

Yeah I'm passing on the 360 version. I will try to get it for next gen at some point. I may pick it up for the 360 when it's really cheap though. 

#78 xilly   Snozberries?! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

Fuck you. Now I'm going to buy a John Cena shirt just because it'll make you angry.

#79 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

Fuck you. Now I'm going to buy a John Cena shirt just because it'll make you angry.

You the real MVP.

8247%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20clapping

#80 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:39 AM

...I suddenly have a strong urge to buy a Cena shirt, hat, those stupid wristband things and one of those towels. Then show up to Survivor Series in the front row with a "Cena Wins LOL" sign for some reason...

#81 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

...I suddenly have a strong urge to buy a Cena shirt, hat, those stupid wristband things and one of those towels. Then show up to Survivor Series in the front row with a "Cena Wins LOL" sign for some reason...

I saw a commercial for some WWE figures the other day. No joke, it ended with "John Cena wins!"

#82 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   8097 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:48 AM

While entertaining, that would be expensive I bet.

#83 diddy310  

diddy310

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

I ALMOST bought WWE2K15 yesterday but I'm busy playing Shadows of Mordor, Destiny and The Evil Within. Top that off with my wife buying me Alien: Isolation, a Turbografx-16 and a Turbo Everdrive means I should be fine for now. 

Tempted on grabbing a used copy at Gamestop so i can return it if the game proves to be as awful as I keep reading.

It's so depressing to see Cesaro lose in big matches. They keep killing his momentum and then tease at starting it again. To me it's like Zack Ryder all over again.

He's not Ryder tier fucked but definitely stuck in a holding pattern.  Getting to have good to great matches in the midcard and sometimes against higher level guys isn't a bad spot for the moment.  He should have gotten a fall in that 2/3 falls match though.

I'm assuming he'll get a spot on the Authority team at SS at least since Ziggler is there.

#84 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

While entertaining, that would be expensive I bet.

I've looked at getting seats, but yeah... Front Row seats are stupid expensive and I'm not sure how St Louis is going to be by then with the Michael Brown case.

I'm pretty sure I'll be watching it at home on the WWE network for only $9.99.

#85 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:19 AM

...speaking of Cena, it looks like WWE has an entire new line of Cena stuff on the WWE Shop. Is this new? I certainly don't remember it.

http://shop.wwe.com/...d=cena-training

#86 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4284 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:20 AM

Cena workout merch hit Monday - smart move - gets more stuff out with him on it, but not aimed at kids.

My review for Lucha Underground just went live on the F4W front page -
http://www.f4wonline...r-john-morrison

All screens are now up -
http://www.imagebam....20jftaogx8jycrp

#87 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

It doesn't make me feel angry. Just superior.

#88 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1188 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:36 AM

Eh. Sometimes it is. Besides, it's the only way you'll be able to play as Puro/Indy guys without importing anything (if it's even available).

1.jpg

Me and my "friends" are working on it. Going to get something together in Unreal Engine 4 and see how it plays. It's essentially going to be a No Mercy clone with online play and voice chat. We're thinking about going full-on competitive like Dota 2 and LoL but we'll see. We're busy with some other paid work at the moment but we're fitting this in when we can. Once we have a full arena setup we'll probably do something like Patreon to help us develop the gameplay. 

(Obviously the WWE stuff will be dropped when we actually start trying to make money from the game.)

#89 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4284 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:02 AM

Loved having the champion and challenger come in logically, with Roode greeting fans and Lashley being the confident Rousey-esque badass. MVP/King vs. Joe/Ki was excellent. It may not have been as highlight-filled as Ricochet-Mundo from Lucha Underground, but it was still a fine showcase for Low-Ki and MVP. Ki looked so great with his kicks and I adored his dropkick variant of the Pounce. Didn't need to see Devon's forehead in HD after it though, or anything teasing more of him and Bram. I loved Bram cutting his promo from the apron though - that stood out in a good way. Aimless brawling in front of dozens, with two guys chanting ECW didn't do much for me. Magnus's star has fallen so far, it's almost sad.

OH MY GOD THE SHARK BOY SKIT WAS AMAZING. Then Taryn had a fun match with the BPs where they did the Rayne short stop tag bit, but gave her surface-level reasons instead of just doing the turn. It made the turn predictable, but not insultingly so. Madison's wacky faces on the apron afterwards were hilarious too. The whole night of Lashley ass-whooping videos ruled. OH MY GOD EVERYTHING WITH THE REVOLUTION SUCKED. Eddie-Storm was okay, but Jesus was the whole angle terrible. Eddie and Davey are such bad actors, and Manik trying to convince Davey to go to the dark side by whispering sweet nothings and making weird faces didn't help - but it made it funnier. Whoever let Angle come out like an unmade bed should be fired. Roode-Lashley had another very good match. It was a bit overbooked, but still put Roode over strong. Can't help but love seeing the Bret-Bulldog finish revived too. Great show overall outside of the Revolution stuff. I wasn't coming in with high expectations, but it did an excellent job of hyping the main event throughout the show and then setting up a future rematch.

http://jayreviewsthi...g-10-29-14.html

Screens -

d0559e361031511.jpg

dc5104361034180.jpg

bff6ac361031552.jpg

f092fe361033948.jpg

http://www.imagebam....wb6tl8drwexgh9s

#90 TheRock88   The Franchise CAGiversary!   10632 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Looks like there's some new updates for the Network.

-New subscribers can sign up and watch the Network for the whole month of November (including Survivor Series) for free.

-The new subscription plan is still $9.99 a month but you're not locked into a 6 month commitment. Can cancel anytime.

http://www.wwe.com/w...ree-in-november