* * * * - 3 votes

Best Buy Weekly Ad 11/2-11/8 [50% Trade-in Bonus, Gamers Club Unlocked for $30 with any new game purchase $39.99+]

#451 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5989 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

For anyone interested in one of the special editions of CoD:AW, check your local store after all.  I just got back from the midnight opening and they had one Atlas Pro and a few Atlas editions for each system, despite everything saying that there would be no inventory in-store.  The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that they did this just to avoid coughing up the extra $10 for pre-orders on top of GCU.  

No swag at all and only five (yep, FIVE) people in line total.  So it's official:  Ghosts completely killed the franchise. . .

it's the day of digital my friend. why go out in cold 20 degree weather (in my area) when ou can download the game week ahead of time and play it once it's unlocked.

#452 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

it's the day of digital my friend. why go out in cold 20 degree weather (in my area) when ou can download the game week ahead of time and play it once it's unlocked.

For 20% off, $10 coupon discount, and $10 My BB Certificate.

#453 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1080 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:10 AM

On the bright side... Can you play zombies or is it only on the season pass?

#454 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:10 AM

If you're getting a note 4 you should've taken advantage of their any smartphone trade in is $200 off that phone. Much better than gcu.

I did two weeks ago :) However there is no way to get in on this deal now having done so since it would require a return and rebuy, getting hit with etf from my carrier in the process. I figure i can buy the go phone for $15, donate that to a church, and get another two years if i really wanted to get in on this. Prob not gonna bother though since i figure the deal gets killed sometime early tomorrow.

#455 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:11 AM

Coupon should work. Fine print does say 11/3-11/8 :P

#456 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5989 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

For 20% off, $10 coupon discount, and $10 My BB Certificate.

we are cheap ass gamers of course we go for that but avg person could careless and does do digital

#457 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5989 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

On the bright side... Can you play zombies or is it only on the season pass?

season pass plus it's not like trayarc zombies it's pretty much one thing in survival mode like mw3

#458 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1080 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:14 AM

season pass plus it's not like trayarc zombies it's pretty much one thing in survival mode like mw3

Thanks for the info buddy... Have a goodnight

#459 InfamousHero   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

InfamousHero

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

Just got back from Best Buy and picked up CoD:AW and extended my GCU. I preordered the game about a month ago and put $5 down. I paid with 2 gift card (one for $20 and one for $14), $10 Cerificate from NBA 2K15 preorder, and $30ish on my CC. 

I had traded in CoD Ghosts and received the $10 coupon for CoD: AW but i forgot to use it while i was making my purchase. I tried to return it and redo the transaction but the employee first tried to deny my return and told me to come back tomorrow, after i insisted she asked a manager who told me if i returned the game and repurchased it with the coupon i'd lose the $10 certificate from preordering the game but she said she'd process the return if thats what i wanted. Ended up leaving so i still have the $10 CoD coupon in hand.

What are my options? Can I do anything with the coupon? Should i buy another copy of CoD with my GCU discount and the coupon and flip it somewhere else for more credit? Or is the coupon just trash and take the L? Thanks in advance.

#460 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

Just got back from Best Buy and picked up CoD:AW and extended my GCU. I preordered the game about a month ago and put $5 down. I paid with 2 gift card (one for $20 and one for $14), $10 Cerificate from NBA 2K15 preorder, and $30ish on my CC.

I had traded in CoD Ghosts and received the $10 coupon for CoD: AW but i forgot to use it while i was making my purchase. I tried to return it and redo the transaction but the employee first tried to deny my return and told me to come back tomorrow, after i insisted she asked a manager who told me if i returned the game and repurchased it with the coupon i'd lose the $10 certificate from preordering the game but she said she'd process the return if thats what i wanted. Ended up leaving so i still have the $10 CoD coupon in hand.

What are my options? Can I do anything with the coupon? Should i buy another copy of CoD with my GCU discount and the coupon and flip it somewhere else for more credit? Or is the coupon just trash and take the L? Thanks in advance.

Return/rebuy. Enuf can explain more.

#461 Lil Frier  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

You could get it on a different system (just to avoid an accidental overshot of the maximum later) for $38 with GCU and the coupon, then turn it in for $44 with GCU, or you could post on CL that you're selling it for $50-55, see if anyone bites, THEN go buy it at Best Buy and have the person meet you there to pay you, pick up the game early, then sell it.

#462 yulksmash  

yulksmash

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:44 AM

So from what I understand, I can't use my "trade-up" $10 coupon on my pre-ordered copy of CoD:AW and get GCU for $30? I currently do not have an active GCU membership. Also, can I still get my $10 My Best Buy rewards certificate on top of all that? 

My plan was to pick up the game, get GCU for $30, use the 20% off perk + use the $10 coupon to make the game $38 pre-tax, plus my $10 certificate for meeting the pre-order pick up requirements.

Edit: My friend with an active GCU membership was able to stack the 20% off discount with the $10 trade up coupon. Making the game $38 pre-tax.

#463 KOPITARRULEZ_11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

KOPITARRULEZ_11

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

So from what I understand, I can't use my "trade-up" $10 coupon on my pre-ordered copy of CoD:AW and get GCU for $30? I currently do not have an active GCU membership. Also, can I still get my $10 My Best Buy rewards certificate on top of all that?

My plan was to pick up the game, get GCU for $30, use the 20% off perk + use the $10 coupon to make the game $38 pre-tax, plus my $10 certificate for meeting the pre-order pick up requirements.

Edit: My friend with an active GCU membership was able to stack the 20% off discount with the $10 trade up coupon. Making the game $38 pre-tax.

I got the coupon to work too the lady insisted it lol she was real helpful it would be pretty dumb to have a coupon and not be able to use it with your membership

#464 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

Does anyone know if the $30 Gamer Club thing goes on for next week too? Theres nothing on sale this week to make me want to extend my sub again, was wondering if i can wait for nxt week. Or is this the last week theyre doing it?

#465 Rick4Life  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:05 AM

For anyone interested in one of the special editions of CoD:AW, check your local store after all. I just got back from the midnight opening and they had one Atlas Pro and a few Atlas editions for each system, despite everything saying that there would be no inventory in-store. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that they did this just to avoid coughing up the extra $10 for pre-orders on top of GCU.

No swag at all and only five (yep, FIVE) people in line total. So it's official: Ghosts completely killed the franchise. . .

Yea I went and got it too... There were 20 people... Which was still terrible for a city this big. I remember when people would line up around the building hours ahead of time.mit was a completely different story compared to MW3.

#466 boOgii   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

Didn't read this whole thread, but did anyone see in BB's ad next week that they're showing the AC: Unity bundle with Kinect for $349.99? On Amazon, that bundle is $449.99...price error/misprint on BB's part???

#467 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

Didn't read this whole thread, but did anyone see in BB's ad next week that they're showing the AC: Unity bundle with Kinect for $349.99? On Amazon, that bundle is $449.99...price error/misprint on BB's part???

I saw it in the store yesterday and it was priced $449.99

#468 individual101  

individual101

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

I checked my Diablo 3 game on Saturday and the trade in value at BB was $31 and at Wal-Mart $40.  I checked on Sunday when I had planned on taking them in and they dropped considerably across the board.  Now with the 50% trade in it equals $34 which sucks.  With my GCU I got $36.  I picked up Destiny Expansion Pass which the GCU does not work on but I bitched and they gave it to me.  Pretty disappointed they nerfed trade in values to accommodate a sale

#469 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

I checked my Diablo 3 game on Saturday and the trade in value at BB was $31 and at Wal-Mart $40.  I checked on Sunday when I had planned on taking them in and they dropped considerably across the board.  Now with the 50% trade in it equals $34 which sucks.  With my GCU I got $36.  I picked up Destiny Expansion Pass which the GCU does not work on but I bitched and they gave it to me.  Pretty disappointed they nerfed trade in values to accommodate a sale

Pretty common when BB does the 50% extra trade-in value promo. 

#470 Twitter   Banned Banned   1346 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

Lol ppl still go to cod midnight launches? #Nerds #getwiththetimes

#471 Dakoshakid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Dakoshakid

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

Anyone have a good gs to BB flip or credit move? I have $600 in GS credit and I buy all my games at BB. 

#472 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37701 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

Anyone have a good gs to BB flip or credit move? I have $600 in GS credit and I buy all my games at BB. 

https://www.cheapass...5#entry12204956

#473 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

I checked my Diablo 3 game on Saturday and the trade in value at BB was $31 and at Wal-Mart $40. I checked on Sunday when I had planned on taking them in and they dropped considerably across the board. Now with the 50% trade in it equals $34 which sucks. With my GCU I got $36. I picked up Destiny Expansion Pass which the GCU does not work on but I bitched and they gave it to me. Pretty disappointed they nerfed trade in values to accommodate a sale

They always do this. BB will rarely, if ever, hand out $45+ of credit. The most I ever got was $44 with GCU included.

#474 Spencer35   10 years of being a CAG! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Was anyone able to get the preorder and gcu to stack with this for cod? Was told I couldn't have both last night.

#475 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Cant believe I forgot my $10 AW coupon for bestbuy. 

#476 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37701 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

Cant believe I forgot my $10 AW coupon for bestbuy. 

I'm sorry to hear that. For this reason, I put my preorder receipt directly on top of my folded $10 coupon so I won't forget it tomorrow.

#477 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. For this reason, I put my preorder receipt directly on top of my folded $10 coupon so I won't forget it tomorrow.

I realized it while I was halfway there, and it was already like 11:50 so I didnt want to turn around and get there late.

I actually did preorder two call of duties and only picked up one last night so I could still go buy the other one and use the coupon, then return that call of duty with the other receipt from last night but I used a gift card partitally on that order so I am only getting $30 back + $20 gift card.

Its just to much of a headache, add the fact that I have to pay a $1.50 bridge toll just to get to bestbuy so that $10 is more like $8.50........

#478 DevlynSyde   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

DevlynSyde

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

With the Day One edition out today, can you still preorder CoD AW at the store?  Is it possible to preorder and pick it up right away still?  

Can't do it online, so I'm assuming not.  Oh well, lesson learned, don't forget to preorder for that extra $10.

#479 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

I saw it in the store yesterday and it was priced $449.99

I just went to BB to pick up COD.  They had a pile of what looked like AC; Unity bundles for $349.99.  It was in the front of the store and had a sale sign on it.

#480 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37701 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

I just went to BB to pick up COD.  They had a pile of what looked like AC; Unity bundles for $349.99.  It was in the front of the store and had a sale sign on it.

Those were probably the without-Kinect bundles, which are priced at $349.99.