Fantasy Life

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Anybody pick this up ? Seems like a charming mix of life sim and JRPG. I picked Cook as my occupation but haven't done much else due to work and other games.

Got it today and have already put a couple hours into it. Feels like it will be another huge time sink, which if fine with me. Maybe it will keep me from buying many new games like Animal Crossing did last year.

Got it today and have already put a couple hours into it. Feels like it will be another huge time sink, which if fine with me. Maybe it will keep me from buying many new games like Animal Crossing did last year.
This and Hometown Story seem like good relaxing games, I agree.

Don't know mch about Hometown Story. My next game may be Rune Factory 4. Heard that it is a lot like Fantasy Story. Then again, not too sure I need another game like FS just yet...

Loving it so far. I picked Hunter and am tempted to try a different life already to see how they are different.

I picked it up last night and I'm just now getting around to playing it. It seems a lot like animal crossing but with some dragon quest ix style art thrown in. I like it so far.

Question for anyone. Is there anyway to figure out what effect consumables have when used besides using them? Some seem straight forward like Healweed but I am getting so many that I do not know what they all do.

Played for about 20 mins, stupid tutorial crap, lol. Anyway I like it, it has a nice mix of Animal Crossing (don't know if that is the right game) with a JRPG.

Question for anyone. Is there anyway to figure out what effect consumables have when used besides using them? Some seem straight forward like Healweed but I am getting so many that I do not know what they all do.
Picked it up, same thing i was wondering.

Actually it's like that for almost everything right? Even different clothing has a vague description as to if it might help but shows nothing, and I still can't figure out if it does. This is the kind of game I think I need more time with to slip into.

Being that there's so many quests they could have handled them differently. It's easy getting confused. They should have went the borderlands route where you can actually set quests instead of having to go back and constantly check them to see what's up.

Put four hours into this today. I can say the game isn't bad. It's problem is while the jobs system is kinda fun, I also feel like because every job runs into another, there is a lot of grinding (almost too much).

Not that it's a bad thing, but it's more so something that takes away from the story for me. 

Still fun though and I am glad I bought it.

I got the game early Thursday and have been playing it since. Pretty much took over my game time over any other game. The dialogue is pretty amusing but there is definitely one character I absolutely hate that has a limited appearance thankfully.

Put four hours into this today. I can say the game isn't bad. It's problem is while the jobs system is kinda fun, I also feel like because every job runs into another, there is a lot of grinding (almost too much).

Not that it's a bad thing, but it's more so something that takes away from the story for me.

Still fun though and I am glad I bought it.
You don't actually need to grind any other jobs and just rely on money to fund your single job while ignoring the rest. Mostly depends on how you want to play. Me? I'm going to max every class and it's probably going to take me forever or I'll give up after I get so far through it.

And in case anybody is curious or doesn't know already, the DLC adds a slew of character customization options if you buy it before you create your character. Otherwise you need to unlock the barber and it costs 150k dosh to change your appearance in-game. Other than that, it unlocks Origin Island that raises the level cap from 99 to 200, the stat cap from 50 to 100, tacks on two more Life ranks and at least several other things too. If you enjoy the game, then it should be worth it to you.

One tip is that it's useful to unlock all of the Life jobs soon if you're going to be leveling multiple Lifes. You can gather out on the field while you're an offensive Life job as well as complete challenges for other Lifes (not all challenges allow for this though).

The other tip I'll give is bag space is the most important upgrade. Don't need to max it right away, but it's the highest priority so you don't need to mess with storage at all.

I can also answer any questions anybody may have as well. Probably anyways, so long as it's not about the DLC as I haven't made it that far yet and will be holding off on it until a friend gets that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can also answer any questions anybody may have as well. Probably anyways, so long as it's not about the DLC as I haven't made it that far yet and will be holding off on it until a friend gets that far.
Will there be an easier way to travel to certain areas besides going through the east grassy plains like how you can fast travel to your home any time?

Will there be an easier way to travel to certain areas besides going through the east grassy plains like how you can fast travel to your home any time?
Kinda.

1) Mounts. Each of the mainland towns have a mount that you can unlock via Bliss. This will allow you to travel faster in that sense. I never used them.

2) Houses. There is a house in the three mainland towns that can eventually be purchased and used for quick travel. There are three more that can be purchased in the DLC. They can get pretty pricey.

3) Airplane (Propeller Symbol). Each mainland town has an airplane that for the most part can transport you to the beginning of an area. (Elderwood, Snowpeak, West Grassy Plains for example)

4) Airship. Each mainland town has an airship that you can travel to a town.

There are sometimes NPCs in some areas that will transport you back to the beginning of an area or to town while outside of town while not on a story mission. One of these NPCs is the very first NPC you come across in East Grassy Plains by the wooden archway for example. Beware not to fast travel while you have bounties following you, however you can use NPCs to teleport you and the bounties without issue. Usually there's a Bounty Clerk in a nearby area so it isn't much of an issue.

As for your earlier question:

Blue weeds are SP while green are HP. Honey is SP while apples/oranges/etc are HP. They're better to be turned into potions via alchemy though.

Can you trade items with other players? I just started the blacksmith life and have created a couple of top notch items. Can I trade those for other top notch items?

Can you trade items with other players? I just started the blacksmith life and have created a couple of top notch items. Can I trade those for other top notch items?
It's not secure trading unfortunately. Inside the Guild Office there is a big red chest. You can put items in it during a multiplayer session and others can take it out.

It really is. I was really getting into buying all new weapons and armor for my paladin life and then started the blacksmith life and found out I could create better versions of the same weapons and armor I was buying. Now, I must start the lumberjack life to get wood for my blacksmith life. And, I need to start hunter to get animal skins.

Yeah, this game will keep me occupied for a while.

It feels like there's fewer tree nodes than mining nodes. Mining nodes always come in clusters, and there's just like 3 trees in the entire field.

I feel like I'm cheating, because I (fiancee actually) redeemed all the costumes in a list. The costumes give me like +40 defense, so I'm getting hit for 0-2 damage on everything I've encountered so far. And I one-shot a lot of things on my mercenary. Certainly a lot easier than my carpenter running around with a dagger.

It feels like there's fewer tree nodes than mining nodes. Mining nodes always come in clusters, and there's just like 3 trees in the entire field.

I feel like I'm cheating, because I (fiancee actually) redeemed all the costumes in a list. The costumes give me like +40 defense, so I'm getting hit for 0-2 damage on everything I've encountered so far. And I one-shot a lot of things on my mercenary. Certainly a lot easier than my carpenter running around with a dagger.
Depends on the map with the trees. But yeah, overall it does feel like there are more ore nodes than tree nodes. There are a couple places that only have one fishing node, which sucks. Hate going there to see the bounty fish is in its spot, which I've already obtained the challenge for.

As for the costumes. Yes, it is essentially cheating in the main story of the game. None of the crafted stuff match up to it from the main game and only the DLC unlocks do I believe. I've been avoiding them, however I'm tempted to use them for stat boosts to level up the couple things I'm weak in, which is Blacksmith/Carpenter since I'm focus on Wizard which is mostly Intelligence.

Here's my stat build to 50. However unless you have the DLC, you won't be able to go above 50 in a single attribute. This build allows me to do most anything I need and fill in some bits and pieces here with Dosh.

02 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength (6/6)
03 - 2 Intelligence (7)
04 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (7/6)
05 - 2 Intelligence (9)
06 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (8/7)
07 - 2 Intelligence (11)
08 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength (9/7)
09 - 2 Intelligence (13)
10 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus | 1 Intelligence (10/8/14)
11 - 2 Intelligence (16)
12 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (11/9)
13 - 2 Intelligence (18)
14 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength (12/8)
15 - 2 Intelligence (20)
16 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (13/10)
17 - 2 Intelligence (22)
18 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (14/11)
19 - 2 Intelligence (24)
20 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength | 1 Intelligence (15/9/25)
21 - 2 Intelligence (27)
22 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (16/12)
23 - 2 Intelligence (29)
24 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (17/13)
25 - 2 Intelligence (31)
26 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength (18/10)
27 - 2 Intelligence (33)
28 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (19/14)
29 - 2 Intelligence (35)
30 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus | 1 Intelligence (20/15/36)
31 - 2 Intelligence (38)
32 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength (21/11)
33 - 2 Intelligence (40)
34 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (22/16)
35 - 2 Intelligence (42)
36 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (23/17)
37 - 2 Intelligence (44)
38 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength (24/12)
39 - 2 Intelligence (46)
40 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus | 1 Intelligence (25/18/47)
41 - 2 Intelligence (49)
42 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (21/19)
43 - 2 Intelligence (51) -- If you have the DLC, you must wait until level 50 and unlock Origin Island before you can put points past 50 into attributes. If you aren't going to do this, then put the points elsewhere.
44 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength (22/13)
45 - 2 Intelligence (53)
46 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (23/20)
47 - 2 Intelligence (55)
48 - 1 Luck | 1 Focus (24/21)
49 - 2 Intelligence (57)
50 - 1 Luck | 1 Strength | 1 Intelligence (25/14/58)

Intelligence - Obvious choice for wizard.

Focus - Secondary stat for wizard and helps immensely with fishing.

Luck - Absolutely essential to obtain rare drops.

Strength - Help at least meet the bare minimum for Mining/Woodcutter.

EDIT: Corrected my level plan with a minor note.

The story/writing in this game may be Level 5's worst yet.  Goddamn, how could they get any worse than they had been?  They should have just left the story out of the game entirely and just let you explore.  That part of the game is great.  The story is just an unnecessary roadblock.

Finished the main story and unlock Origin Island, the DLC. Currently I am level 51 and Master on Wizard/Tailor/Alchemy/Miner/Woodcutter, Expert on Blacksmith/Carpenter/Cook and Hero on Angler. Still Fledgeling on Paladin, Mercenary and Hunter though. I will probably get my expert jobs up to Master at least by the end of the upcoming weekend. After that I'll put this in hiatus outside of obtaining Lunares Coins until my friend gets his copy and gets to where I'm at.

I haven't had a lot of time to play this, but I've been working on cooking and doing some of the higher level receipies are difficult to get right. I fail most of the time.

It's stupid that they don't let people with and without DLC play with each other.
Yeah, especially since the DLC is included with the base game in EU and NA. Only takes 2 blocks to unlock it.

It's nice that EU and NA can play together though.

I haven't had a lot of time to play this, but I've been working on cooking and doing some of the higher level receipies are difficult to get right. I fail most of the time.
If you're having issues because you're lacking the amount of time to finish the recipe, then you can try repeating a lower one until you get Auto + and then just run that about 100 times using auto while watching a movie or something. It will give you a few levels that should help significantly as well as boost your dosh up a bit.

The main skill (cooking) will make recipes easier to make while the sub-skills (meat) increase the chance at getting a higher quality result. This is usually more apparent in other crafting jobs since they can have Good/Great/Top quality. With Cooking I think it's the Superior and amount you make with Superior quality.

Finally a Master of All, Creator of One.

Time to put this game down for a bit until my friend is finally able to start playing. It's quite addicting, especially considering I'm not an Animal Crossing fan or much of a Rune Factory fan. Highly recommend the game for anybody remotely interested and the DLC is worth it if you enjoy the game as it adds a bit more to do.

Holy fucking shit you burned through this game.  I'm Expert at all the non-combat jobs, and a hero in Paladin.  And I thought that was excessive. :lol:

Holy fucking shit you burned through this game. I'm Expert at all the non-combat jobs, and a hero in Paladin. And I thought that was excessive. :lol:
I still have more ranks to go. Once you hit high enough on one combat class, you can use it to level up the other three with cross-class equipment.

Since I went Wizard, Woodcutter and Mining were the most difficult because I lacked strength to do some. I took a few unused levels and pumped it in to give me that extra oomph. The others were mostly just find the right place to buy stuff and then while I watch something, create 100 of an item to bump up my skill enough to get a decent tool and just finish it with that.

For the ranks after (Except for the rank directly after), you have to complete every challenge. I won't be getting to that anytime soon. Still trying to afford the DLC houses and have enough left over.

But yes, I burned through it pretty quick. It's pretty addicting and I currently have a fair amount of free time. I just wish the last rank as 'God' like in the EU version instead of 'Creator'. Probably good that I finished it before Tales of Hearts R releases in about a week. Although I do plan to pick this up again once a friend finally starts into it.

How many blocks is the DLC? I only have a 2G card.
2 blocks. It's already on the flash card itself for EU/NA.

Why? Because the game released two years ago in Japan and the DLC came out long before it ever was localized. Smart move, but kinda wish it wasn't behind the extra paywall. Especially since DLC can't play with non-DLC players and vise versa.

Well, I beat the main game and mastered another class (Woodcutter).  I was gonna go and buy the DLC for Origin Island but apparently you have to be level 50 to access Origin Island?!  And I'm like level 38 so screw that even though I know you can get Friendship Bonuses with the DLC.  This is going to be a grind to get to 50, thankfully I am still really enjoying the game and will probably even moreso now that I got the main story out of the way (though I understand there is some of that in the DLC).

Well, I beat the main game and mastered another class (Woodcutter). I was gonna go and buy the DLC for Origin Island but apparently you have to be level 50 to access Origin Island?! And I'm like level 38 so screw that even though I know you can get Friendship Bonuses with the DLC. This is going to be a grind to get to 50, thankfully I am still really enjoying the game and will probably even moreso now that I got the main story out of the way (though I understand there is some of that in the DLC).
Yeah, the quest to open Origin Island doesn't appear until level 50.

Wow, you guys are dedicated to this game. I took a couple days off from it because I thought I was getting close to the end. I wanted to play on my original 3ds, but discovered that the game saves to the SD card instead of the cart. I have started a new life on that system.

I was surprised at how fast the story moved once I opened up the 2nd town. Within just a few hours, I had the 3rd town finished. That's what made me slow down. Maybe I just did so much outside of the main story in between town 1 and 2. Anyway, this is a great game that I will probably be playing for the rest of the year at least. May try and get my nephew hooked on it.

Wow, you guys are dedicated to this game. I took a couple days off from it because I thought I was getting close to the end. I wanted to play on my original 3ds, but discovered that the game saves to the SD card instead of the cart. I have started a new life on that system.
That... answers my hypothetical question. I've been wondering how it worked if you had a DLC, saved, and tried to play on a 3DS without the DLC. Guess it wouldn't matter, because it's not saved on the cart.

I'm hero on woodcutting, with like 375/500 trees cut down. Master on Mercenary, and level 44. Haven't slogged through the main story, but I need it now to unlock an area.

I was surprised at how fast the story moved once I opened up the 2nd town. Within just a few hours, I had the 3rd town finished. That's what made me slow down. Maybe I just did so much outside of the main story in between town 1 and 2. Anyway, this is a great game that I will probably be playing for the rest of the year at least. May try and get my nephew hooked on it.
The main story isn't that long thankfully.

On the website for Fantasy Life it says that you can get item codes by following miiverse. 

Are they limited time items or is there a site somewhere recording all of the codes?

On the website for Fantasy Life it says that you can get item codes by following miiverse.

Are they limited time items or is there a site somewhere recording all of the codes?
All the codes can be used at any time. There are places where you can find all of the "passwords". Some of the equipment you get from them (not all) is extremely overpowered. Such as the Wizard gear that gives +70 Magic Attack. Kinda ridiculous.

Other pieces are on par with your free Hero rank gear or DLC-only gear. Then there are some that don't offer much in the way of stats and are mostly cosmetic.

I went to miiverse but i don't see any posts with passwords... i will find said sites with codes.

I went to miiverse but i don't see any posts with passwords... i will find said sites with codes.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17nOOiQbqwBbODo8QbJumXIxqjB5LozBAUfnxkmgErS4/edit#gid=244147340

Update:

Level 41

Hero Paladin

Master Miner, Blacksmith, Woodcutter, Carpenter, Tailor

Expert Angler, Alchemist, Cook (latter two are gonna be a bitch to Master due to all the "quality" item requirements)

Swimming in mediocrity with Mercenary, Hunter, Wizard

Just passed 50 hours on the clock.

I'm 50, and haven't beaten the game. Maxed vit and luk, and whatever left over in str. Sewing will be a pain in the butt if I decide to work on it.

Hero on mercenary, had to kill the gold dragon to get to the mimics, which is partially why I'm 50. Was 44 when I started trying to get from Master to Hero. Cleared out all the non-bosses in the cave twice looking for mimics, before googling told me they were behind the gold dragon door. Thus the levels.

Master miner and woodcutter.

Pretty low in everything else. I craft potions on my fiancee's game.

A little over 30 hours in.

It was at about 10 hours before I realized that this is basically a solo FFXI.

You can max every job and every craft on one character, the requirement to level a sub to level something else, etc.

God damnit, every time I decide to take a break from something I'm instinctively picking up my 3DS. fuck you game. So yeah. Level 72 now with Creator Tailor and Alchemist. Hero on Blacksmith since I needed it to craft some Alchemist stuff.

Here's a nice little site if you need to find where certain materials can be obtained: http://reveriaexplorer.com

Hopefully since I'll need to work on my computer and putting in new UPS' and stuff that I can stop playing this damn game until Tales of Hearts R releases next week.

2 blocks. It's already on the flash card itself for EU/NA.

Why? Because the game released two years ago in Japan and the DLC came out long before it ever was localized. Smart move, but kinda wish it wasn't behind the extra paywall. Especially since DLC can't play with non-DLC players and vise versa.
Whew! I'll be getting the DLC then thanks for the heads up.

Just got all non-combat classes Mastered.  Paladin is still at Hero so that means I gotta Master Hunter, Merc, and Wizard to Master all classes.  Still only level 42 though; 8 more levels to get to the DLC. :/

Somehow got further in my paladin than my mercenary (main). Although total stars, my merc has 3000 more. So I guess it's just harder to rank up mercenary.

I find it hard to use a claymore. Guess it is because i did so much with the long sword before switching to mercenary life. Been playing my second life all week and have it caught up with the first one in the storyline. Also street passed myself. Thought the gift would be like KIU, but you have to get your friendship up first. It is cool that the street passes just walk around your town.

bread's done
Back