* * * * * 5 votes

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Xbox360 Remaster $3.74 (NA)

grand theft auto pricing error san andreas xbox360 digital games on demand remastered gta:sa xbox 360

#151 UnderFire  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Just fired this up for the first time, the audio in the cutscenes is super bugged, watching the first missions cutscene with no audio right now, but really the game looks amazing compared to the PS2 version, the controls are funky but not broken, well worth 3.75, I'll play the whole game through.

#152 CMoney™  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

Just fired this up for the first time, the audio in the cutscenes is super bugged, watching the first missions cutscene with no audio right now, but really the game looks amazing compared to the PS2 version, the controls are funky but not broken, well worth 3.75, I'll play the whole game through.

Yeah, I've played it for a few hours. I had audio dropouts in the cut scenes 2, maybe 3 times. The controls do feel funky. It looks a lot better than the original, but the faces though, yikes. I bought the original, first day, & now I got this port day 1 as well, although it was technically Tuesday. Sucks that not all of the music is on there, but that music licensing for you. For $3.74, it's a great price. Despite the flaws, it's a fun trip down memory lane.

#153 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2908 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Had a friend over and I was watching him play it and the dialogue cut out once. That was odd.

Then the most hilarious thing ever happened. There was this one particular cop that WOULDNT DIE AND COULDNT.

He tried guns, he tried melee, he tried running him over. The one cop gets up every time and runs right at you.
Game already paid for itself for that glitch because the laughter had was in large amounts.

#154 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

I personally think the control sensitivity is way too high. Even with it turned down quite a bit the camera still whips around to fast for me. But I'm old, so...

I also think Free Aim is pointless considering that is also way too sensitive and you still have to press the B button to shoot.

#155 murph17   Rock Band addict CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

it's nice to have, but there's no way i'm replaying through this game. too big, no time. heck, i haven't even finished GTA:V and i'm going to have to restart that one from scratch on XB1

...now if they would release re-mastered Vice City...i'd pay the full price and drop everything else to replay that game on the big screen :)

#156 CMoney™  

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Here are a list of songs that were removed from the mobile version, which the new 360 is a port of. Supposedly, it's the Android version. I don't know if there were more removed, since the initial mobile port.

http://www.rockstarn...for-iOS-out-now

Also, the mobile port apparently had very low quailty audio. Rockstar would never use the same audio files from the mobile version. Right?

Right? 

RIGHT?!

#157 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

First time in years I've replayed this. Enjoying myself quite a bit and even though I'm used to the newer controls and feel from IV/V I'm getting adapted to this pretty fast. Definitely worth the price, this was a steal at that. I'll probably end up beating it though I have other games that need my attention more lol. And yes the audio bugs in the mission are annoying, same with the radio as some songs get cut off and another starts playing.

By the way, is the save system supposed to leave you out somewhere in SA when you load a save opposed to what the game used to do on the PS2 which is you were loaded in whatever safehouse you saved in?

#158 Dysheekie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

It was a great deal, but it is hard to go back after playing GTA 5.  

#159 AsherFischell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

AsherFischell

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

By the way, is the save system supposed to leave you out somewhere in SA when you load a save opposed to what the game used to do on the PS2 which is you were loaded in whatever safehouse you saved in?

There are two kinds of saves in this version; the regular safehouse save and an auto-save.  When you select "resume" it loads your most recent auto-save, but if you want to start with a safehouse save, you need to manually select it from the load menu. 

#160 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4288 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

Never played this before, picked it up, may never get around to it though since GTA V for XB1 is coming out soon.

#161 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

There are two kinds of saves in this version; the regular safehouse save and an auto-save.  When you select "resume" it loads your most recent auto-save, but if you want to start with a safehouse save, you need to manually select it from the load menu. 

Ok, thanks. I suspected that's where it was loading me at but wanted to make sure.

I still haven't progressed far, as I'm doing lots of the side activities to get them out of the way. I already have like 40k just from doing the 12 levels of taxi driving lol. I want to do the firefigher ones but I only saw a firetruck once and I forget where that was at as I don't believe Los Santos has an actual station.

#162 AsherFischell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

AsherFischell

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

I still haven't progressed far, as I'm doing lots of the side activities to get them out of the way. I already have like 40k just from doing the 12 levels of taxi driving lol. I want to do the firefigher ones but I only saw a firetruck once and I forget where that was at as I don't believe Los Santos has an actual station.

When you get to San Fierro there's a Fire Station with a truck behind it right down the street from the main save icon, so that's a really easy one to find.

#163 babygump  

babygump

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

BabyGump done love this game. Probably BabyGumps favorite game of all time!! This even gets Baby G to quite staring at lady boy all day. Baby G loves Dem chicks with somethin extra!

#164 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3094 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:35 AM

I hate how the audio cuts out in the cut scenes.

#165 ShinSolidus   El Guapo Jr. CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

ShinSolidus

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:11 AM

BabyGump done love this game. Probably BabyGumps favorite game of all time!! This even gets Baby G to quite staring at lady boy all day. Baby G loves Dem chicks with somethin extra!

How the hell did this guy type my inner thoughts?  ...Anyway, on topic, that audio cutting out during cutscenes is pretty damn annoying.  Though, I've played this game to the point where I can just play the audio mentally.  Sucks for new players though.

#166 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

Man, I forgot about bad the aiming system was. 

I do love the fast ass loading though. 

#167 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

Just wanted to upload some early photos of my progress. Mind you this was after the first mission. Once you're able to save, you can gamble at the Derby betting place (don't know the exact name). My sister showed me this method years ago, and now with all of the money, I can buy anything in the game. Won't drop any spoilers, but this will help you tremendously later on. Since then I've been going around San Andreas buying all the property etc. Hope this helps! The betting place is near the firetruck in near the expressway.

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

#168 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

What's the trick to winning? I've heard in the 10 years it's been out the secret is all the horses have the same odds despite what the game tells you and it's really just a chance between all of them since they have the same odds and none are worse than others.

#169 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3775 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

Where's Vice City at?!?!

#170 CMoney™  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

Went to play SA today, & Rockstar released the 1st update for the game. From what I've read, it doesn't really fix any of the major issues. I'm not surprised.

Edit: Went to the Inside Betting Track in Downtown. Picked the horse with the worse odds, & bet the maximum of $10,000. On my very 1st try, I won the bet. My income went from 5 digits, to 6. If you don't know where it is exactly, here's the location of the IBT in Downtown:

http://cloud-2.steam...E7B7530CE4D746/

#171 UnderFire  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

Been enjoying replaying this, already did the paramedics, firefighter and pimping missions and I'm almost to LV in the story. This game holds up extremely well to the test of time imo.

#172 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

What's the trick to winning? I've heard in the 10 years it's been out the secret is all the horses have the same odds despite what the game tells you and it's really just a chance between all of them since they have the same odds and none are worse than others.

Honestly it's pure luck. I would watch the horses to see if there was a trend. I'd quickly load the game and try it again. The higher the odds, the higher the payout. Hope that helps. There's even an achievement for winning. When you load though, make sure you load your actual file and not the quick save. My jaw dropped when I thought it loaded my file with less money.

#173 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8314 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

Honestly it's pure luck. I would watch the horses to see if there was a trend. I'd quickly load the game and try it again. The higher the odds, the higher the payout. Hope that helps. There's even an achievement for winning. When you load though, make sure you load your actual file and not the quick save. My jaw dropped when I thought it loaded my file with less money.

#174 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

Just made my millions but thanks for the advice. I must have had some good luck or something as it didn't take me long at all to get up to 40 million. I just bet on the very first horse on the list every time. Took me about 8 races total to get that cash, I lost only 3-4 times out of those attempts. One thing nice about this version is you can reload on a dime, beats the shit out of waiting for the game to load like the old days when doing this and you lost.

Just got exiled out of Santos so I still have much of the game left but that's fine since I need to stay busy til' DA3 anyway. Paramedic and firefighter missions done, might try to finish the 50 fares for taxi if I can get one in these hick towns. Tried getting busted for the achievement but honestly might just skip it as it's real work trying to get busted in this game. The cops seem to prefer beating/shooting you to death over busting you even with a single star. And you have to do it 50 times at that and I don't think I've ever been busted that many times even if you totaled all my bustings from Vice City to V, the Stories games included.