* * * * - 21 votes

$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

#31 thetruth1983   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

thetruth1983

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

Guys, I already have an Xbox One but I'm thinking about moving it to the bedroom and picking up the COD bundle for my game room. Does anyone know if I can use my Xbox Live Gold subscription on both consoles and be able to play my digital games on either console? I'm still kind of on the fence but if I can access my games on both consoles without jumping through hoops, I'll bite.

#32 iamdl   Black Superman CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

Guys, I already have an Xbox One but I'm thinking about moving it to the bedroom and picking up the COD bundle for my game room. Does anyone know if I can use my Xbox Live Gold subscription on both consoles and be able to play my digital games on either console? I'm still kind of on the fence but if I can access my games on both consoles without jumping through hoops, I'll bite.

You can use it on both consoles and play your digital games as long they are downloaded to each console. 

#33 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:40 PM

Well considering this is for 2 months and not a week like the free game this could help a lot. With the movers coupon I might just buy the assassin's creed bundle sell the codes and get halo and sunset

#34 DongerBonger  

DongerBonger

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

I'm not mad because I got the madden/destiny deal last month which is nearly the same thing, just missing a free skin/hdd upgrade which is not a big deal.

If you're planning on getting one go for the 1tb HDD with CoD.  

#35 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

350$ with a free game ? Any profits that are made with this console will be taking a hit surely with these bundle sales. That being said I love things like this cause it creates holiday deal wars with the big three lol, I say to nintendo, Sony and micro to BRING IT !!!

#36 thetruth1983   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

thetruth1983

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

You can use it on both consoles and play your digital games as long they are downloaded to each console. 

Sweet!!! Thanks a lot!

#37 thetruth1983   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

thetruth1983

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hopefully this stacks with the $100 console trade in at the Micrososft Store. That should bring the COD bundle down to $350 before tax.

#38 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

This is tempting as hell, but the only game I want is SO. Im not interested in any other MS exclusive and multiplats are better on the PS4 so thats where I would buy those. Im not sure if its worth it for 1 game. :-k

I bet you're right... I don't see how with the temporary price cut, release of Halo and Sunset overdrive and increased advertising they don't at least take November.

Yep, MS went for the jugular with this promo. It will be hard to top.

#39 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

Holy shit thats a good deal. Sony needs to counter or MS will own this Holiday Season.

decent drop, but I doubt that sony needs to do anything. Nothing has worked so far what makes you think this will?

#40 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

I doubt that sony needs to do anything. Nothing has worked so far what makes you think this will?

They will never lose their global sales lead... but this could put a noticeable dent in their U.S. sales lead.

Since both consoles released at the same time this generation (people tend to overlook the fact that the 360 launched a year sooner, had wild success in the U.S. and still lost in overall global sales to the PS3) I don't see the PS4 ever falling significantly behind in any market though unless the X1 marketing staff consistently puts promotions like this together

#41 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

This is good news.  That means an even cheaper price or some good bundles come Black Friday/Xmas....

#42 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

This is good news. That means an even cheaper price or some good bundles come Black Friday/Xmas....

It will not be cheaper than this that's for sure.a extra game or so I with these bundles will happen though

#43 Nesther  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

** Regional availability and timing outside the U.S. will vary.

So this might even become a worldwide price cut.

#44 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

I would wait till Black Friday, if you want the best deal.

#45 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Nice deal from MS here, kinda tempted to try and sell my Titanfall bundle and then pick up the CoD bundle.

#46 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44121 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Now I'm getting the CoD bundle for sure!

#47 matrix9280   CAGiversary! Banned   1839 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

matrix9280

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

What's next Microsoft? Buy One One get One One free? So pathetic.

#48 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

decent drop, but I doubt that sony needs to do anything. Nothing has worked so far what makes you think this will?

How about the fact that PS4 has zero console exclusives this holiday season aside from that stinky video game suppository, Driveclub?  I love my PS4.  I love my Wii U.  I love my Xbox One.  I'm not biased.  The Xbox One has some great exclusives for the holidays.  I think this sale and those games will help them out a good bit. 

#49 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

The Assassin's Creed bundle at $350 is an insane deal with the two games valued at $60-$70 you get a great value there.

#50 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

How about the fact that PS4 has zero console exclusives this holiday season aside from that stinky video game suppository, Driveclub? I love my PS4. I love my Wii U. I love my Xbox One. I'm not biased. The Xbox One has some great exclusives for the holidays. I think this sale and those games will help them out a good bit.

LittleBig Planet 3 comes out in November, but there's been no hype for it and I'm not sure how big of an impact it'll have coming out in such a busy month.

#51 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

How about the fact that PS4 has zero console exclusives this holiday season aside from that stinky video game suppository, Driveclub?  I love my PS4.  I love my Wii U.  I love my Xbox One.  I'm not biased.  The Xbox One has some great exclusives for the holidays.  I think this sale and those games will help them out a good bit. 

No lies detected, thank god 3rd party games are strong this Holiday. It helps Sonys situation a bit.

#52 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

LittleBig Planet 3 comes out in November, but there's been no hype for it and I'm not sure how big of an impact it'll have coming out in such a busy month.

Good call.  I forgot about that one.  For some reason I was thinking it was delayed until next year.  I'm sure that will be a fun game. 

#53 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3017 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

haha mad bra?

#54 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

It will not be cheaper than this that's for sure.a extra game or so I with these bundles will happen though

Idk.... too many people said the exact same thing during the last sale (tried to search for that thread, but couldn't... I think BB and Walmart, etc., were all in that XB1 deal a couple (?) of months ago... I remember commenting that people should wait because MS wants to win this holiday season and tons of people said that would be the cheapest price all year and we wouldn't see any cheaper... lol).

But I agree, bundles will probably be the most likely deal.  Though I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two retailers doing a doorbuster kinect-less for $300-325...

#55 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

LBP3 is not exclusive to the PS4, its also coming to the PS3 but it does look great IMO.

This made me chuckle :)

#56 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

They will never lose their global sales lead... but this could put a noticeable dent in their U.S. sales lead.

Since both consoles released at the same time this generation (people tend to overlook the fact that the 360 launched a year sooner, had wild success in the U.S. and still lost in overall global sales to the PS3) I don't see the PS4 ever falling significantly behind in any market though unless the X1 marketing staff consistently puts promotions like this together

I like the fact that they are actually trying with these promos. Hopefully when Halo 5 drops they have something running. Yeah i dont see this doing much to close any gaps in market share. For some reason I have a feeling the PS4 will still be one of the hot holiday items of the year.   

Just to let you know people that have to announce they are not biased towards a console are in fact biased towards a console, but isnt that the same thing Xbox fans have been saying since launch? PS4 has no great exclusives yada yada and after Titanfall, price drops & free game giveaways the PS4 is still out selling the XO by a large margin. 

#57 jrutz   An OG CAG since the Early Aughts CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

This is tempting as hell, but the only game I want is SO. Im not interested in any other MS exclusive and multiplats are better on the PS4 so thats where I would buy those. Im not sure if its worth it for 1 game. :-k

Yep, MS went for the jugular with this promo. It will be hard to top.

I agree. I haven't jumped into the next generation yet but am seriously tempted with this deal, especially with all the great bundles being offered.

There are more games being offered this holiday I want on Xbox One than PS4 - Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive. The problem is I would be investing in next generation on a platform which performs by game worse than on PS4. I'm not talking ResolutionGate, but more how framerate on multi platform games chugs on Xbox One in comparison.

Given that I just got a GTX970 for multi platform PC titles, I'm having a hard time bringing myself to buy an Xbox One for what's available right now, for what would be a long term investment. Last time I did that, I was stuck with a sizeable HD-DVD library. ;)

And Bloodborne, natch.

#58 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   804 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

Gold :rofl:

#59 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

Just to let you know people that have to announce they are not biased towards a console are in fact biased towards a console, but isnt that the same thing Xbox fans have been saying since launch? PS4 has no great exclusives yada yada and after Titanfall, price drops & free game giveaways the PS4 is still out selling the XO by a large margin. 

Just to let you know, I'm a video game developer who works on multi-platform titles that do not push the technical limits of any of the current generation consoles.  I receive dev kits for each console, so I have the luxury of enjoying them all in the scant amount of free time that I have...  and I mean what I say. 

Any marketing push like this is good for people who like games.  Why weigh yourself down with console specific biases? 

#60 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hmmm... if this gets combined with some black Friday deals I might have to get an Xbox One afterall. 

Time for PS4 to get some hype going. This year has been quiet for them.  Long term I definitely want the PS4 more, but if MS is doing $50 or $100 better in terms of bundles, I might start out with the Xbox One this year and wait till net year for PS4.