Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
fuck it, since everyone is stuck in the season 3 thread, I just got the balls to make a new thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU EATIN TAINTED MEAT!

TAINTED MEEEEEAT

DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT DARK MEAT'LL KILL YA?!

If Bob did get bit, it was probably in the legs, since his legs were cut off, are we dealing with a Herschel deal here?

Yup, I called it in the other thread.

I wanted the show to explore this "tainted meat" issue more but it turned out to be a red herring. After the intro it was never talked about and ultimately a wasted opportunity. It's a situation that was never approached in the comics or games so I was interested how this idea works.

Would you turn zombie if a guy is bitten in the shoulder and you eat and cook his leg before he turns? Interesting point, but nope, Rick n' crew slashed that idea out of existence.

I wanted the show to explore this "tainted meat" issue more but it turned out to be a red herring. After the intro it was never talked about and ultimately a wasted opportunity. It's a situation that was never approached in the comics or games so I was interested how this idea works.

Would you turn zombie if a guy is bitten in the shoulder and you eat and cook his leg before he turns? Interesting point, but nope, Rick n' crew slashed that idea out of existence.
can you catch if from being scratched. maybe that is why its taking him so long to turn. he got scratched and not bit. (have not watch last night yet so have no clue what happened)

Thank you OP for finally opening a new thread.

Yeah you hit it on the head. I didn't think it was going to take that long for him to turn but that was the only missing logic in the scenario that played out. That answered the crying scene question too. Toward his final scene, I was still worried for Sasha lol. The season's been really good so far. But I agree, I wish they had explored the tainted meat scenario. I think this whole Farmer Tyrese thing is going to end badly. Rick is badass now that he's over Farmer Rick mode. I thought Morgan was going to come in and save the day though. Nice tease at the end. They're setting it up as if one of the gals is not going to make it.

Yeah, next episode is the adventures of Daryl and Carol.

My guess is no one dies. When he says "Come on out" there's going to be a new group of people with him. People him and Carol rescued along with Beth.

Personally I think the more away from the brain the first bite is, the more time you have you have to save yourself from becoming a walker if you cut off the bitten limb...but considering Bob got bit on the shoulder, he's done. 

The series has always been inconsistent on turning times.  It's always been minutes to hours..Anyone close to the group, it's always been minutes.    In Bob's case...I am pretty sure between it's been hours between the time he was bitten til his foot was cooked.   Cooking Bob's feet won't help.  

Honestly I would have expected the hunter's to last a few more episodes since they seemed like a serious threat.

I am wondering about the next episode.... is she back in Atlanta? If so, that's gonna suck.

Yeah, next episode is the adventures of Daryl and Carol.

My guess is no one dies. When he says "Come on out" there's going to be a new group of people with him. People him and Carol rescued along with Beth.
I'm kind of hoping they [customspoiler=Comic Spoiler]send the blown hole in the head from Carl[/customspoiler]to Beth and that's why the slow bring in.

Personally I think the more away from the brain the first bite is, the more time you have you have to save yourself from becoming a walker if you cut off the bitten limb...but considering Bob got bit on the shoulder, he's done.

The series has always been inconsistent on turning times. It's always been minutes to hours..Anyone close to the group, it's always been minutes. In Bob's case...I am pretty sure between it's been hours between the time he was bitten til his foot was cooked. Cooking Bob's feet won't help.

Honestly I would have expected the hunter's to last a few more episodes since they seemed like a serious threat.

I am wondering about the next episode.... is she back in Atlanta? If so, that's gonna suck.
Jim lasted a long time (longest of anyone in the show or book), even before they left him behind. I don't think it's inconsistency, but other factors along the lines of metabolism, immune system, etc. Don't forget, the bite creates an infection that eventually leads to death, and turning is just the end result of death in general.

And this is what I posted in the old thread:

Well, I think this season just hit it's peak, at least before the inevitable mid-season break. But, aside from a few changes (for the better), this plot point stayed pretty true to the source material.

I'm going to guess the next few episodes are going to be a flashback/sidebar to what happened to Beth starting from when she was taken until Carol/Daryl superteam rescued her.

But hey, at least Tyrese seems to have finally put down his knitting needles and got his groove back!

Jim lasted a long time (longest of anyone in the show or book), even before they left him behind. I don't think it's inconsistency, but other factors along the lines of metabolism, immune system, etc. Don't forget, the bite creates an infection that eventually leads to death, and turning is just the end result of death in general.
This. You can't really talk about it in the traditional zombie sense of "turning". Everybody is already infected. And naturally, everybody is dying a little each day. So, anything that can speed up the process of death should be avoided. So, yeah, how quickly does the infection from a zombie bite cause a person to die? There probably are lots of factors that affect that.

Whether or not eating infected meat passes on that same infection (and not just food poisoning or something) is another question. They haven't addressed it...but cannibalism isn't really a running theme either, so maybe it's just not necessary to go there. It is interesting though.

I wonder what factors are involved in who gets cut from the main cast and who stays?   Everyone hated Lori and Carl...Lori is gone..... killing off Carl will only drive Rick off the deep end.   I liked Hershel, but they shouldn't have killed him off.  The Governor was a true threat but he's gone. 

Carl's only there as Rick's anchor.

Clementine (from the WD games) is more appealing because you see her struggle yet grow. You root for her and give a damn because she feels human. Carl is too gung-ho for a child. He's soulless and quixotic.

I wonder what factors are involved in who gets cut from the main cast and who stays? Everyone hated Lori and Carl...Lori is gone..... killing off Carl will only drive Rick off the deep end. I liked Hershel, but they shouldn't have killed him off. The Governor was a true threat but he's gone.
probably the Comics since most of those decisions have come from there. We are getting close to the DC storyline, so they are both staying pretty close. The only one you really have to worry about is Daryll, since he isn't in the comics. But I think people would riot if he died.

probably the Comics since most of those decisions have come from there. We are getting close to the DC storyline, so they are both staying pretty close. The only one you really have to worry about is Daryll, since he isn't in the comics. But I think people would riot if he died.
Don't forget Carol.
She was a manic loose cannon (and more or less worthless) before her crazy demise in the comics. The show evolved her character into what Andrea has become in the comics.

I know he's just a kid but Carl's character is just poorly portrayed.  That scene where he had the spotlight and was talking to Rick while he was recovering from the fist fight with the Governor was just flat out unwatchable.  I actually winced watching that.   The two sisters from last season were infinitely better than him.  Didn't the execs say Carl was untouchable though?  You guys only remind me to bring back the #KillCarl movement. 

I know he's just a kid but Carl's character is just poorly portrayed. That scene where he had the spotlight and was talking to Rick while he was recovering from the fist fight with the Governor was just flat out unwatchable. I actually winced watching that. The two sisters from last season were infinitely better than him. Didn't the execs say Carl was untouchable though? You guys only remind me to bring back the #KillCarl movement.
#KillCarl might as well be #EndShow. It's not happening. He is CRITICAL to the storyline. I mean, I guess they could take it in a completely different direction than the comics, but it just wouldn't make any sense. Rick would be worthless with Carl gone. You'd basically be killing two characters.

I missed that part about what happened to the officer Hanson. What did the doc say?
I'm guessing there was a mutiny when Hanson was in charge. Dawn killed him and took over.

This is where the season starts to stagnant. Dedicating an entire episode & story arc to a minor character like Beth. She's back at the starting point of Atlanta so get ready for some Beth filler episodes until she makes it back to the group. Too bad because the season was on a roll.

My question is what was the "one armed" chick doing dead in the office? Did she kill herself so she would turn in hopes of killing Dawn? Very contrived.

I'm finally all caught up as of this episode so I can finally join in on the conversation. I miss being able to see the next episode as I please though.

I'm guessing there was a mutiny when Hanson was in charge. Dawn killed him and took over.

This is where the season starts to stagnant. Dedicating an entire episode & story arc to a minor character like Beth. She's back at the starting point of Atlanta so get ready for some Beth filler episodes until she makes it back to the group. Too bad because the season was on a roll.

My question is what was the "one armed" chick doing dead in the office? Did she kill herself so she would turn in hopes of killing Dawn? Very contrived.
How far is Atlanta from where everyone else is? If Carol (and presumably Daryl) were able to make it there in a couple of days, it couldn't have been too far. I think they will skip the filler episodes and just get back to the Church. My guess is that the end of last episode where Daryl shows up will be with Carol and Beth in tow.

I was wondering that too. I don't see any other explanation than what you provided though.

The previous episode made it seem like this all happened in one night so I got a little confused. Obviously if Daryl and Carol are out to rescue Beth so this is a going to take several days. But my previous prediction still stands. Daryl and Carol return with the people from the hospital.

I'm not sure where Rick's current situation is but it's gotta be pretty far off from Atlanta considering all the traveling they've been doing. Much farther than at least a half a days drive to some shack in the woods. So why the fuck would the Atlanta cops be going out that far? Why waste the gas? It doesn't make much sense.

The previous episode made it seem like this all happened in one night so I got a little confused. Obviously if Daryl and Carol are out to rescue Beth so this is a going to take several days. But my previous prediction still stands. Daryl and Carol return with the people from the hospital.

I'm not sure where Rick's current situation is but it's gotta be pretty far off from Atlanta considering all the traveling they've been doing. Much farther than at least a half a days drive to some shack in the woods. So why the fuck would the Atlanta cops be going out that far? Why waste the gas? It doesn't make much sense.
Not sure where Terminus is but it wouldn't actually be that far up the coast, probably in South Carolina... maybe a days drive... so not that far.

Based on how this ended, it already time skipped a bit if Carol is already in the hospital. I see next episode jumping between groups and this hospital nonsense concluding by the end.

The other girl probably just killed herself. She had already tried to escape and lost an arm as a result, and chose to just take her own life instead of being that other cop's one-armed concubine.

Based on how this ended, it already time skipped a bit if Carol is already in the hospital. I see next episode jumping between groups and this hospital nonsense concluding by the end.

The other girl probably just killed herself. She had already tried to escape and lost an arm as a result, and chose to just take her own life instead of being that other cop's one-armed concubine.
this, It was the only place she could find something to kill herself with...

Seems like from the previews we are now going to the Washington DC group, just wish they would get the Beth storyline over with and back with everyone... they drag these side stories longer then they need to. I am glad they are explaining what happened, I was hoping to see Daryl shooting the chick cop with an arrow when she was doing stuff to Beth or something.

Not sure where Terminus is but it wouldn't actually be that far up the coast, probably in South Carolina... maybe a days drive... so not that far.
So they normally take a days drive to some trap-house in the middle of nowhere to capture one person and bring them back to do their laundry and slap around when they get mad?

So they normally take a days drive to some trap-house in the middle of nowhere to capture one person and bring them back to do their laundry and slap around when they get mad?
nah, it sounds like they just drive around, town to town, building to building looking for supplies. if they find someone living they bring them back... it also seems they only bring weak or hurt people and possibly kill and healthy people that may be a threat. They use the weak and hurt to make them have to repay them.

nah, it sounds like they just drive around, town to town, building to building looking for supplies. if they find someone living they bring them back... it also seems they only bring weak or hurt people and possibly kill and healthy people that may be a threat. They use the weak and hurt to make them have to repay them.
But the house was obviously a trap. It was stocked with food, not just left overs. If it was a random house why would'nt they take out Daryl and get the food as well?

I notice last night they cut the audio twice when one of the characters was talking, like they said something not approved for tv. Anyone else hear it?

At this point

everyone should just shoot themselves... there is no hope now.

Eugene was such a pussy. 

I had a strong feeling that Abe was going to shoot himself in the head after learning the truth.... what's the point going on now?

At this point

everyone should just shoot themselves... there is no hope now.

Eugene was such a pussy.

I had a strong feeling that Abe was going to shoot himself in the head after learning the truth.... what's the point going on now?
Getting to bang Rosita?

Wow, only 3 more episodes left.

Saw Eugene's confession a mile away but I didn't expect him to drop it so soon.
yeah...he's a pussy...they should have just let Abe turn around and shoot the fucker in the head. ...that's what I would have done.

yeah...he's a pussy...they should have just let Abe turn around and shoot the fucker in the head. ...that's what I would have done.
Friend thinks beth is dead in the preview of next week show, told them if she was they would not give it away like that. I say the kill the cops and carol stays behind, why wouldnt she walk out with daryl when he comes out of the woods

For people who don't watch the episode live, please don't change the thread title to anything that gives away any aspect of the episode. There's no need to try to write any cute titles.

bread's done
Back