(Dead) Hannibal Season 2 Blu OR DVD (Digital in Both) $15 Amazon!

I love when a show releases their shows for such a nice price like this. I'm for sure buying this season. 

My wife used an Amazon gift card to get this yesterday. Great season of a good show.

Looking forward to seeing it in HD.

Not that I collect them, but I hope it comes with the slipcase intact.

Whoa!  What a great price, especially so close to after it was released.  I picked it up from Target, since they just started their free-shipping-through-the-holidays promo, eBates 2.5% cash back, and the fact that it is temporarily out of stock at Amazon for the $15 price.

Thanks a ton, OP!

EDIT: Scratch that- I forgot about tax at Target, so I picked it up from Amazon instead.  I'm in no rush to re-watch it, just wanted to add it to my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd been waiting for it to drop under $20! Hadn't expected it to happen this soon but when I saw that price it was an instant 1-click buy. I'd just ben thinking I wanted to get it. Waiting for it to come back in stock is no big deal for me. I can wait a little bit longer if necessary for $15, lol.

I've never seen this show but is it on part with Homeland? As far as once you watch one episode you gotta watch the whole Damn season in one sitting kind of thing.

Just got my copy pm'd at Best Buy. Thanks so much OP, truly the deal of the year so far!

This is the best show on TV with consistently great writing and acting.

I've never seen this show but is it on part with Homeland? As far as once you watch one episode you gotta watch the whole Damn season in one sitting kind of thing.
Homeland's been solid for a while, but it's been tapering off a bit. Hannibal's kicked things in high gear with two seasons and the third's highly anticipated. If you're using said reason you mentioned to compare both, then yes it is on par with Homeland for session showing...but better.

I found Hannibal to be far more compelling that Homeland. Fair disclosure, I loved the first season of Homeland, thought the second was decent, but after the third season and a few episodes of season four, I've given up on it. That show has just imploded on itself.

I bought both seasons on DVD from Amazon for $26.xx having never seen it.  It better be better than Homeland, which is clearly something that should have been a miniseries.  I loved Homeland seasons 1-2, but season three is the worst thing I have watched in a long time.  Hannibal better grow better not worst throughout their seasons.

I bought both seasons on DVD from Amazon for $26.xx having never seen it. It better be better than Homeland, which is clearly something that should have been a miniseries. I loved Homeland seasons 1-2, but season three is the worst thing I have watched in a long time. Hannibal better grow better not worst throughout their seasons.
Hannibal started off good and kicked things to 11 through the second season. So far, some of the prospects being offered by way of what's been hinted toward with Season 2's finale and the intro of certain characters implies some liberties are being pursued and expanded upon. But with the show being one of NBC's surprise hits and getting bigger with the second season, NBC is now throwing money at Bryan Fuller and going "keep doing what you're doing". Fortunately, if they are going with characters from the Thomas Harris books and the movies, they have at least another couple seasons' worth of good material.

Hannibal started off good and kicked things to 11 through the second season. So far, some of the prospects being offered by way of what's been hinted toward with Season 2's finale and the intro of certain characters implies some liberties are being pursued and expanded upon. But with the show being one of NBC's surprise hits and getting bigger with the second season, NBC is now throwing money at Bryan Fuller and going "keep doing what you're doing". Fortunately, if they are going with characters from the Thomas Harris books and the movies, they have at least another couple seasons' worth of good material.
From what I read they don't have rights to some of the movie characters, but that wouldn't be for a few more seasons anyways.

I wouldn't say the show is a huge hit, I say it's more like Community, it has praise and a loyal crowd. I heard that the season 2 finale is one of the best in the history of TV, so I have high hopes.

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's estimated date of delivery? Mine is saying November 5 to 7th which is up from November 13th at one point.

From what I read they don't have rights to some of the movie characters, but that wouldn't be for a few more seasons anyways.
I think we're only a season - or even just half a season - away from Red Dragon now, if I remember correctly. I don't know, Bryan Fuller's changed his plans a few times in interviews. I think there was hope they might get the rights. But I know around SDCC he was talking about introducing a Starling-esque character by Season 4 so I think they've just kind of accepted they won't be able to use the actual characters. But as he said in the panel (I think, I dunno, it's been a while and I took the bar exam like two days after) there is nothing to stop them from creating similar characters along those stereotypes.

Granted, that's kind of what Miriam Lass was so I don't know how I'll feel about having two Starling stand-ins in this show. But Bryan Fuller's given me no reason not to trust him yet so I'll stay the course.

Great price.  In for 1 definitely.  Thanks so much, OP!

This show, and others like it, has my son interested in criminal psychology.  He's been reading some of the John Douglas books like Mindhunter, Anatomy of Motive, Obsession,  etc.  

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's estimated date of delivery? Mine is saying November 5 to 7th which is up from November 13th at one point.

I think we're only a season - or even just half a season - away from Red Dragon now, if I remember correctly. I don't know, Bryan Fuller's changed his plans a few times in interviews. I think there was hope they might get the rights. But I know around SDCC he was talking about introducing a Starling-esque character by Season 4 so I think they've just kind of accepted they won't be able to use the actual characters. But as he said in the panel (I think, I dunno, it's been a while and I took the bar exam like two days after) there is nothing to stop them from creating similar characters along those stereotypes.

Granted, that's kind of what Miriam Lass was so I don't know how I'll feel about having two Starling stand-ins in this show. But Bryan Fuller's given me no reason not to trust him yet so I'll stay the course.
Yeah it's not a big deal. On Star Trek TNG they introduce Tom P--- who was on Voyager. His Voyager character was exactly the same, just a different name.

I think the interview I remember is rather old and he said Red Dragon would be season 4, which I thought was rather silly. I will see. My DVDs haven't shipped but will come in next week it says.

Looks like I lucked out, was able to snag it at the $15 price point right before they increased the price to $25.92. What's funny is that I was actually watching Hannibal Rising with a few buddies and ended up checking CAG on my phone and saw this thread, so thanks for the heads up OP.

I got an email from Amazon telling me my set will arrive on Thursday, in case anyone still cares.
Mine too. I also bought some tea that shipped last week, when Hannibal and Stargate Atlantis season 1 shipped yesterday. The tea will come in after the DVDs.

My wife's set came in the mail Saturday. So far only had the chance to watch a few minutes of the special features.

Probably dig into the episodes later this week. The S1 set looked fabulous on Blu-Ray, so I've got high hopes for this set.

bread's done
Back