Bayonetta 2 $39.99 in Meijer print ad (price mistake?) YMMV price match

RADa5AURU5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The 10/26 Meijer weekly ad has Bayonetta 2 for $39.99. I assume this is a price mistake. Either way I was able to PM at Best Buy. Obviously you'll have to get your hands on the flyer and YMMV. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you buy games at this hour at Meijer? I may go there now.

Also...

ghostbusters-e1394059059662.jpg

There was an ad correction issued store wide, so you probably won't get it. But you may very well be able to price match it elsewhere.

Can you buy games at this hour at Meijer? I may go there now.
The workers in that department should be there until 9-10 PM depending on the scheduling and even if they're not there's someone with the keys that will be able to get you something. The issue is in getting that person sent over since they're usually an over night stocker and doing stuff in another area of the store. As mentioned above the stores should be on top of it.

Was just thinking how I was waiting for a sale on Bayonetta and has the Meijer ad about three feet away from me but didn't look at it.

I pmed at best buy and bought gcu with it but for some reason i got gcu for free. Or it just didnt ring up right
Hmm, supposed to be $30 with any $40 plus game this week. Post your receipt maybe (with personal stuff omitted obviously)? I'm curious to see if they didn't ring it up right or maybe we've got a bug on our hands. :whistle2:

Now, just hope that Best Buy doesn't hear about this and/or call for verification, everyone.

Personally, I have too many One games to play in the next 3 weeks (TEW, then SO, then CoD, then Halo), and then Smash is out 10 days later, leaving me little time to play this game. If it hits $39.99 or less a Best Buy at some point, I might stick GCU on it and grab it, but I've got too darned much to play as it is.

Now, just hope that Best Buy doesn't hear about this and/or call for verification, everyone.

Personally, I have too many One games to play in the next 3 weeks (TEW, then SO, then CoD, then Halo), and then Smash is out 10 days later, leaving me little time to play this game. If it hits $39.99 or less a Best Buy at some point, I might stick GCU on it and grab it, but I've got too darned much to play as it is.
Yeah, I feel this one will be $39.99 or even less over the holidays. This is a Nintendo published title; I wouldn't worry about the stock running out on it.

Bayonetta2 will be $40 in a month? I wouldn't hold my breath. But that will be a sure buy at that price.
That's not outrageous at all - for example, in a B2G1 free sale, it would easily come out to $40. You're also forgetting that the Wii U is desperate for sales and stores are loaded with overstock of the console. I'm not overeager to jump into a new console (still have a huge backlog on my 360, Wii, and PS3) but Wii U has some stellar games -- Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, and of course, Bayonetta 2.

That's not outrageous at all - for example, in a B2G1 free sale, it would easily come out to $40. You're also forgetting that the Wii U is desperate for sales and stores are loaded with overstock of the console. I'm not overeager to jump into a new console (still have a huge backlog on my 360, Wii, and PS3) but Wii U has some stellar games -- Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, and of course, Bayonetta 2.
no they're not desperate for sales. you have no idea what you're talking about. your mom

yes as long as there a meijer close to you otherwise no
BB has a list of stores they match in their system (like Sam's Club or Fry's). Don't remember seeing Meijer on that list but doubt it.

As for this being $40 in a month, it most likely will be based on every other Platinum game. That and BF coming up. Though only with some deal or limited time discount.

Can someone please post an adscan of the original Meijer ad?  I would appreciate receipt scans from anyone else that gets this to be price matched at Best Buy as well.  I will try this on Saturday at my local store when I get back into town.  Thanks!

Can someone please post an adscan of the original Meijer ad? I would appreciate receipt scans from anyone else that gets this to be price matched at Best Buy as well. I will try this on Saturday at my local store when I get back into town. Thanks!
ill think about it

Actually predicting wii u sales getting stronger with smash around the corner. I've seen already wii u down to 180 refurbished. Although I'm sure it's just not the oONE game that will sell the system

does gcu expire after 1 year?
GCU with the deal this week is for 2 years membership for $30 after buying a game at $39.99 or more in the same transaction in store. I plan on picking up a game to get the GCU 20% off discount on future purchases. Kmart cancelled my preorder on Bayonetta 2 so this would be great if it works out.

Actually predicting wii u sales getting stronger with smash around the corner. I've seen already wii u down to 180 refurbished. Although I'm sure it's just not the oONE game that will sell the system
Mario Kart 8 did something like double the system sell through and was still seen as a really huge disappointment in that regard. Nintendo's done some marketing around Smash (though only the 3DS version so far) but nothing compared to what they did for MK8. Seems like they're probably content to let the game mostly sell itself to those that are going to buy it anyway. Otherwise they wouldn't have left the release date announcement until a month before hand, scheduled it on the same day as ORAS, and pushed it entirely on the background while they gave the 3DS version the spotlight. I still don't get it when Nintendo has so little going for it in the way of holiday releases.

Hmm, supposed to be $30 with any $40 plus game this week. Post your receipt maybe (with personal stuff omitted obviously)? I'm curious to see if they didn't ring it up right or maybe we've got a bug on our hands. :whistle2:
Heres the receipt... Also the best buy i pricematched at is right across the street from a Meijer. The employee selected Fred Meyer as the competitor.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24969]

After reviewing older best buy receipts.. it looks like he deleted after scanning the GCU card..

Mario Kart 8 did something like double the system sell through and was still seen as a really huge disappointment in that regard. Nintendo's done some marketing around Smash (though only the 3DS version so far) but nothing compared to what they did for MK8. Seems like they're probably content to let the game mostly sell itself to those that are going to buy it anyway. Otherwise they wouldn't have left the release date announcement until a month before hand, scheduled it on the same day as ORAS, and pushed it entirely on the background while they gave the 3DS version the spotlight. I still don't get it when Nintendo has so little going for it in the way of holiday releases.
You must be joking fool smash bros, capt toad, nes remix, pokemon not enough?

Thanks for the tip. I stopped at a Meijer while driving for work and grabbed the ad, and drove to a nearby Target to price match. The employee didn't have a problem doing the price match, though he wouldn't allow me to buy more than one copy.

For the record, Meijer didn't have any ad correction posted, but I didn't bother trying to buy it there.

Meijer has Bayonetta 2 listed at $40 in their ad this week. It's been corrected in all stores, but you can take the ad to other retailers and price-match.

Take it to Best Buy to price match at $40 and then get gamers club for $30. $70 for both is a good deal.

BB has a list of stores they match in their system (like Sam's Club or Fry's). Don't remember seeing Meijer on that list but doubt it.

As for this being $40 in a month, it most likely will be based on every other Platinum game. That and BF coming up. Though only with some deal or limited time discount.
.....Neither of those stores are on that list :dunce:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Had they released the date before the 3DS version hit, that could've hurt the sales. I don't get how releasing a WiiU game on the same day as Pokemon is THAT big a deal, especially with Xmas right around the corner.... though it does seem like they'd bump one or the other forward/back a week.

And aside from really shitty commercials with the most annoying children I've ever seen, I haven't really seen any WiiU ads at all..... nor have I seen any 3DS ads in awhile. I didn't even know they'd been advertising the 3DS version, but I'll take your word on it.

What pisses me off is this Mewtwo bullshit. Yeah I got the 3DS version, and I'll probably get the Wii version (even though it really looks like they are mostly the same game with a few different stages here or there) but forcing people to buy the same damn game twice to get a fan-favorite character is a really shitty move. Had I not already gotten a deal on the 3DS version, this would probably make me cancel my WiiU preorder, Amibos are bad enough without digging into the worst DLC practices Nintendo can think up.

You must be joking fool smash bros, capt toad, nes remix, pokemon not enough?
Captain Toad sucks and I'm sick of Pokemon. X/Y were great for the new graphics and visual designs but unless I see ruby/sapphire dirt cheap I think I am done.... at least until the next major innovation.

Last edited:
Anyone have a picture of the online ad before they corrected it? Or you could even scan the in-store ad that has not been corrected.

In BestBuy's in store system they have a list of all the stores they price match besides the one on the site that only list some of the stores. If it's not on the list they can list it as other if it's a "local competitior". Sam's Club and Fry's as well as MicroCenter, Rakuten, MicrosoftStore, etc. are on the list. The list has about 50+ stores on it. Too bad the employees couldn't get me a print out of it (though they were willing to).

Meijer has Bayonetta 2 listed at $40 in their ad this week. It's been corrected in all stores, but you can take the ad to other retailers and price-match.
Take it to Best Buy to price match at $40 and then get gamers club for $30. $70 for both is a good deal.
about 15 hours and 40 posts late since it already been posted http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/337405-bayonetta-2-3999-in-meijer-print-ad-price-mistake-ymmv-price-match/ and it been on the front page the entire morning so it was easy to see to before posting to

In BestBuy's in store system they have a list of all the stores they price match besides the one on the site that only list some of the stores. If it's not on the list they can list it as other if it's a "local competitior". Sam's Club and Fry's as well as MicroCenter, Rakuten, MicrosoftStore, etc. are on the list. The list has about 50+ stores on it. Too bad the employees couldn't get me a print out of it (though they were willing to).
I know what you are talking about, and they are by no means obligated to PM anything on that list. Only the sites listed in that link and anything within 25 miles. Just because Frys/Kmart/ect is on that list doesn't mean they'll PM it if it isn't within 25 miles...... believe me, I've tried.

Last edited:
I know what you are talking about, and they are by no means obligated to PM anything on that list. Only the sites listed in that link and anything within 25 miles. Just because Frys/Kmart/ect is on that list doesn't mean they'll PM it if it isn't within 25 miles...... believe me, I've tried.
They are not as any store can deny you for any reason. And I've tried, and have gotten price matches for stores out of my state as it was on that list. Which is why I asked if Meijer is on the list. YMMV of course but I've only been turned down once and it was for Sam's Club. But than I called the manager and got it anyways as it was in stock and there is a store 5 minutes away.

bread's done
Back