- - - - -

Evolve - The (alpha) hunt starts Thursday, Oct. 30 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC!

evolve xbox one

#1 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

Official topic for Evolve, coming right up!

evolve.png

About Evolve

From Turtle Rock Studios, creators of Left 4 Dead, comes Evolve, the next generation of multiplayer shooters where four Hunters face off against a single, player-controlled Monster in adrenaline-pumping 4v1 matches. Play as the Monster to use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to kill your human enemies, or choose one of four Hunter classes (Assault, Trapper, Medic and Support) and team up to take down the beast on the planet Shear, where flora and fauna act as an adversary to man and monster alike. Level up to unlock new Hunter or Monster characters as well as upgrades, skins, and perks. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.

... (will fill more in here soon)

#2 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

When does the Evolve Big Alpha go live?

Xbox One: Thursday, Oct. 30 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC
PC & PS4: Friday, Oct. 31 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC

The Evolve Big Alpha ends Sunday, Nov. 2 at 8pm PST / Monday, Nov. 3 at 4am UTC

(To figure out the start/end time in your timezone, use: http://www.timeandda.../converter.html)

Pre-orders that were received before October 22 are guaranteed access to Big Alpha. For those that have been following our social channels, or grabbing codes from other websites and entering codes as they’ve appeared, you still have a chance to get into the Big Alpha!

PC players, you can guarantee yourselves a spot in Big Alpha through a sweet promotion with our friends at Curse. More details on that HERE.

PS4 players, any code you get from the places listed below can be redeemed at http://www.evolvegame.com/bigalpha for a chance to participate in Big Alpha.

You didn’t pre-order in time, but you still want to try playing the Evolve Big Alpha!

Don’t worry! We’ve put together a list of places you can continue to go online and snag registration codes for a shot at getting in on Big Alpha this weekend.

@EvolveGame – Twitter

EvolveGame – Facebook

Xbox One – no registration code needed, just sign up!

Curse – guaranteed access on PC

Official PlayStation Blog

IGN – priority access on platform of choice

Gamespot – priority access on platform of choice

Machinima – priority access on platform of choice

Dualshockers

Or, for unlocking the “TL;DR” Achievement, here’s a code for those of you that scrolled all the way down to the bottom of this post.

Registration Code: 05379-29749-32069

Referral Code: EvolveBigAlpha4v1

Evolve Alpha going live shortly!

#3 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

I have it installed already. I'll probably check it out tomorrow night, or Saturday at the latest. A couple of us have discussed the alpha in the NHL 14/15 thread. We should try to get a group of 5 together.

#4 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

I would love to try it out, but wont be able to. :( Looks like a lot of fun too. 

#5 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:05 AM

Got my code early this morning, already installed, now just waiting.

#6 hack   mixer.com/prjkthack CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Got my code and installing it right now. Looks like fun!

#7 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:38 AM

Don't think I'll be able to try it until the weekend, but willing to try it out. Co-Op shooters tend to be hit or miss with me though as I'm more of a competitive type of person. Looks good though, no question.

#8 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:34 AM

For those planning on playing this weekend, feel free to post your gamertag. Due to it being such a short alpha, it'd be good to have a list of others to play with. Gamertag: BeFlatLine.

#9 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

I have Fearia on my list from long ago, but my tag is "The Matt Young" if anyone wants to add me.

#10 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5443 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:39 AM

I got my code and plan on trying this out over the weekend.  If anyone is on, feel free to jump in or send an invite.  GT is ChubbyNinja1319.

#11 Msn1983  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

I registered on X1 last week but don't know if I'll get in? Gamer tag is Jetsetpoker

#12 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

How big of a DL is the Alpha?

I ended up with two codes so perfect that my buddy and I can both get in on it but was just curious of the size so I know how long I will be waiting to play it tonight after work haha

#13 kcobra22  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

How big of a DL is the Alpha?

I think it was 12GB.

#14 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

cant wait to get off work and check this out

#15 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

I have yet to get put into a game.......

#16 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

I have yet to get put into a game.......

Uh oh

I hate that I always miss stuff because of work but at the same time usually crap is fixed come 7pm haha 

#17 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Uh oh

I hate that I always miss stuff because of work but at the same time usually crap is fixed come 7pm haha 

Yea it says on the start screen be careful we are experiencing heavy load..Be patient for your first match.

I'm ok with it. I know this is what they are doing it for. I have no problem taking a shower while all this goes on lol.

#18 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yea it says on the start screen be careful we are experiencing heavy load..Be patient for your first match.

I'm ok with it. I know this is what they are doing it for. I have no problem taking a shower while all this goes on lol.

Hah yeah it is an Alpha after all!

#19 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5217 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

Played first game as the Monster and I got owned within the first 4 minutes. Fun and happy the servers are doing better now.

#20 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7240 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Played first game as the Monster and I got owned within the first 4 minutes. Fun and happy the servers are doing better now.

Haha, same here. You really have to play psychologically as the monster at least until you reach stage 2, apparently. I had no idea what I was doing in my first game and got trounced in 3:30.

#21 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5217 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:18 PM

Yeah, now that I know you HAVE to level up to Stage 2, it's a bit easier. I managed to take down 3 out of the 4 on the other team but I had such little health left that the trapper finally finished it off. Hell of a fight though. II'm really liking it so far.

#22 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:28 AM

Played a game as Maggie the trapper. Looks like a glorified game of hide n seek

#23 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

I have played quite a few matches now after work and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying it. Primarily been playing as support and the monster and man is it fun.

Super satisfying as the monster to stalk your prey and then when you finally are feeling strong enough, take them down. I have won a couple matches as the Goliath. Some other guy I was playing with was like level 17 and had the Kraken unlocked somehow and just absolutely destroyed us with that thing. He agreed that it is way OP compared to the Goliath and I would have to agree. I got to level 10 and had I think 6 unlocks for my Goliath and still didnt get the Kraken so I wonder when it becomes available. I would love to try it out before the end of the Alpha. I just want that and then I will be done with it realistically until the retail version probably.

#24 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1576 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

Played a game as Maggie the trapper. Looks like a glorified game of hide n seek

Had the same reaction and canceled my preorder. I can see this game being completely dependent on who you are playing the game online with.

#25 hack   mixer.com/prjkthack CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

It feels very similar to Left 4 Dead. The animations are choppy and the camera is weird, and the characters yell out silly things all the time, hunting the monster can be interesting but its mostly boring until the monster decides to show himself. Fighting the monster does feel fun. I enjoyed playing support, though sometimes it does feel like the monster is overpowered. That of course is dependent on the people you play with. If they suck, the monster will clobber everyone.

I think this is one to rent or pick up when the price drops. It is an alpha though so I assume things will improve.

#26 hustletron   the struggle CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:01 AM

This game got boring for me fast. Run around in a circle on the map 2-3 times for about 10 minutes then eventually run into the monster. Not my cup of tea.

#27 gotdott   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2480 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

Yeah, now that I know you HAVE to level up to Stage 2, it's a bit easier. I managed to take down 3 out of the 4 on the other team but I had such little health left that the trapper finally finished it off. Hell of a fight though. II'm really liking it so far.

I was watching some streamer who won every single game as monster and he had some great ideas - primarily not to evolve right away. When you are ready to evolve, your armor will be maxed so that is the best time to fight and get some kills. Then you can run away and evolve, feed some more and then repeat. 

#28 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

I was watching some streamer who won every single game as monster and he had some great ideas - primarily not to evolve right away. When you are ready to evolve, your armor will be maxed so that is the best time to fight and get some kills. Then you can run away and evolve, feed some more and then repeat. 

I did this strategy unintentionally.  It just happened that whenever I evolved, I had full armor.  It definitely worked.  Glad to know *why* it worked now, ha!

#29 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

Finally decided to give this a try today and it's actually pretty good. First match I got to be the Goliath against a team of people with mics, and I managed to win. Second match I played as the Tracker and we won after awhile since we always had eyes on him.

I like the open level design, and so far the classes feel different enough to be fun to try a new one. Playing on both side it seems like either will have a fair chance at winning depending on skill.

#30 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:10 AM

Reddit is saying the beta is ready to download to play on the 15th for those that preordered. I dont see anything in their comments so Im guessing it's for the ones who preordered the digital version off the Xbox marketplace.

I preordered mine from Best Buy, any word if they're sending out beta codes?